0327: "Exploits of a Mom"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Ace_NoOne
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:50 am UTC
Location: Germany

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Ace_NoOne » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:41 pm UTC

woktiny wrote:
Ace_NoOne wrote:I still don't... :oops:
Under the common first-initial-last-name username convention
Duh! I didn't make that leap.
Thanks, and my sincerest apologies for being such a dud...
Last edited by Ace_NoOne on Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
superglucose
hermaj's new favourite
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:59 am UTC
Location: Domain of Azura
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby superglucose » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:44 pm UTC

This particular comic takes me back to my high school days. Every day in my Networking class, half of us would play Starcraft or Counterstrike, and other half would try something like this comic to break into the network. Our teacher nearly cried most days :wink:
Image

ln|mower|+c
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:20 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby ln|mower|+c » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:57 pm UTC

This comic had me on the floor laughing and I can't believe I didn't wake anyone up. This comic is joining my collection of favourites which are printed out and hanging on the wall of my room.

Thank you, Randall.
signature

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:59 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:Unfortunately, NULL <> 'NULL' in any SQL database I've seen yet... :D
In fact, NULL <> *anything*
Get your head around THAT one.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

yitzle
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 4:20 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby yitzle » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

I love this one!!
Thanks for it!

I'm not as big a fan of the alt. Its OK, but not great... I'm not sure why everyone seems to prefer the alt over the rest of it...

sab39
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:01 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby sab39 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:12 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
jsd1982 wrote:Unfortunately, NULL <> 'NULL' in any SQL database I've seen yet... :D
In fact, NULL <> *anything*
Get your head around THAT one.

I think jsd1982 meant that 'NULL' IS NOT NULL in every database he's encountered.

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:16 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
jsd1982 wrote:Unfortunately, NULL <> 'NULL' in any SQL database I've seen yet... :D
In fact, NULL <> *anything*
Get your head around THAT one.
Don't have to, it's not always true. (again for MS SQL Server 200[05])
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188048.aspx

SET ANSI_NULLS OFF
SELECT * FROM table WHERE nullableColumn <> NULL

will return results, assuming there are potential rows available in 'table' where 'nullableColumn' has non-NULL values.

Are you sure you're not acting smug when misunderstood? That's grounds for hand-removal 'round these parts... :lol:
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?

Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."
Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:17 pm UTC

sab39 wrote:
Moo wrote:
jsd1982 wrote:Unfortunately, NULL <> 'NULL' in any SQL database I've seen yet... :D
In fact, NULL <> *anything*
Get your head around THAT one.

I think jsd1982 meant that 'NULL' IS NOT NULL in every database he's encountered.
lol. SQL is such a hacked up language, not unlike english. That is indeed what I meant. Pointing out the string 'NULL' vs. the database concept NULL.
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

User avatar
genewitch
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:28 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby genewitch » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:24 pm UTC

we were kicking this joke around on thedailywtf.com last year..

Hi i'm rita want to see my cam?

Hi i'm drop database;

EOF.
...C is for people who would rather sit at home and match up pairs of socks by the count of their elastic bands, than to just get dressed with mismatched shoes and take the lady out to dinner and nail her in the car on the way home -xkcd_n00bz
MyMusic

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:32 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:
sab39 wrote:
Moo wrote:
jsd1982 wrote:Unfortunately, NULL <> 'NULL' in any SQL database I've seen yet... :D
In fact, NULL <> *anything*
Get your head around THAT one.

I think jsd1982 meant that 'NULL' IS NOT NULL in every database he's encountered.
lol. SQL is such a hacked up language, not unlike english. That is indeed what I meant. Pointing out the string 'NULL' vs. the database concept NULL.
jsd1982 and sab39: duh.
"In fact" = adding to what has already been said, not contradicting it.
Duh, duh, duh.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

SirOmega
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:16 pm UTC
Location: Bright light city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire...

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby SirOmega » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:37 pm UTC

This comic was forwarded to the rest of my software development team.

Nice one Randall. Now where are the posters I ordered? :)

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 pm UTC

Moo wrote:jsd1982 and sab39: duh.
"In fact" = adding to what has already been said, not contradicting it.
Duh, duh, duh.

I realize that, but I was telling you that you were wrong with your "in fact"ual statement. Duh.
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

sab39
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:01 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby sab39 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:40 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:I realize that, but I was telling you that you were wrong with your "in fact"ual statement. Duh.

The fact that there exist databases whose behavior is not sane is hardly news.

Last time I looked, in Oracle, '' IS NULL.

Which means that
INSERT INTO sometable (somecolumn) Values ('');
SELECT * FROM sometable WHERE somecolumn = '';
will return no rows.

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:46 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:
Moo wrote:jsd1982 and sab39: duh.
"In fact" = adding to what has already been said, not contradicting it.
Duh, duh, duh.

I realize that, but I was telling you that you were wrong with your "in fact"ual statement. Duh.
Well I think that, for the concept of null as it was originally concieved, my joke still holds. It was just a little joke, you see. But thanks for your insight :?

Also, I wasn't trying to be smug. See the bit where I was joking. I am upset that I may have come accross as smug.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:50 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
jsd1982 wrote:
Moo wrote:jsd1982 and sab39: duh.
"In fact" = adding to what has already been said, not contradicting it.
Duh, duh, duh.

I realize that, but I was telling you that you were wrong with your "in fact"ual statement. Duh.
Well I think that, for the concept of null as it was originally concieved, my joke still holds. It was just a little joke, you see. But thanks for your insight :?

Oh I totally understand. Most jokes are based in reality and contain a little truth to them, and so when I saw your joke that didn't hold much truth (according to my experience) I figured you had some incorrect assumptions about NULLs and their behavior across all databases.
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:10 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:Oh I totally understand. Most jokes are based in reality and contain a little truth to them, and so when I saw your joke that didn't hold much truth (according to my experience) I figured you had some incorrect assumptions about NULLs and their behavior across all databases.


OracleBlog:
"Let's start with an example to demonstrate a simple property of NULL: that NULL is not equal to anything, including NULL itself."
- http://thinkoracle.blogspot.com/2005/06 ... racle.html

SQLServerCentral:
"If you recall from the original Four Rules article, the basis of ANSI SQL three-valued logic (3VL) is that NULL is not equal to anything else. It is not less than, greater than, or even unequal to anything else either. Because NULL is not an actual value, but rather a placeholder for an unknown value, all comparisons with NULL result in UNKNOWN. Even comparing a NULL to another NULL is just comparing two placeholders for unknown values, so the result again is UNKNOWN" (it does then go on to make the point that this has been bypassed in SQL Server but for general discussion my point still holds)
-http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Advanced+Querying/2829/

Wikipedia:
"Since Null is not a member of any data domain, it is not considered a "value", but rather a marker (or placeholder) indicating the absence of value. Because of this, comparisons with Null can never result in either True or False, but always in a third logical result, Unknown"
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_%28SQL%29

databasedev.co.uk:
"Any operation that includes a null value will result in a null" (including comparison)
-http://www.databasedev.co.uk/null_values_defined.html

Oracle FAQs:
"NULL is neither equal to NULL, nor it is not equal to NULL. Any comparison to NULL is evaluated to NULL"
-http://www.orafaq.com/faq/what_is_the_result_of_comparing_null_with_null

etc etc etc
I can't remember what you said now about acting smug, but quote that.

edited because I'm finicky
Last edited by Moo on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm UTC

You win. :lol:
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

sightless
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:17 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby sightless » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:24 pm UTC

Long-time reader, registered because of this comic.

I've wanted to make a license plate like that for a few years now, but was limited by the lack of punctuation. It would be great to hide in plain sight like that. I'm glad you found another way to do it, or, in this case, corrupt the database.

cathrl
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:58 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby cathrl » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:25 pm UTC

I snorted tea. And I'm not even a database programmer.

If I remember right, there is/was a kids' book called "Help! I'm a prisoner in a toothpaste factory!" where he writes it in the stripe and only gets rescued when some kid decides to squirt tthe whole tube out at once so can see the whole message.

And I have to say, tesseract, your sigpicture is the best ever.

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:27 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:You win. :lol:
I like that the sort of people on this forum can say that; thank you. Also, smileys make everything ok :)
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:32 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
jsd1982 wrote:You win. :lol:
I like that the sort of people on this forum can say that; thank you. Also, smileys make everything ok :)

ROFL. I'm an easy-going guy. I could've cornered you on a dozen different interpretations of what your original quote was. The easy path is to concede, since there's no point in bringing this out any further. 8)

For the record, I do understand what a NULL value is ;). I was challenging you on the syntactical usage of your <> operator and its non-deterministic behavior based on SQL Server's ANSI_NULLS switch.

I was also skooled in that I forgot that the result of a comparison operation involving a NULL evaluates to NULL, not TRUE or FALSE. One could say that this is irrelevant since a NULL comparison result usually evaluates to being ignored, essentially FALSE as far as normal boolean logic is concerned, i.e. at the native code level in the SQL server where joins are performed. Either the records match or they don't, there's no NULL about it :lol:.
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

YenTheFirst
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:45 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby YenTheFirst » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:37 pm UTC

At my sister's birthday parties, she would throw a game she called 'the name game'.

The idea was, everyone wrote down a name, handle, etc., and put the paper in a bowl.

The person running the game would read out what the names were, and the goal of the game was to guess who wrote down what name. If your name was guessed, you joined the guessers team.

At first, people just put down names from TV shows, music, anime, etc.

Eventually, however, people started injecting other things in names. like "single", "the sunshine of my life", or "a herniated disk between the 7th and 8th vertebrae".

The best name, however, came from a Little Ceaser's pizza box.
At least once a round, we got to hear someone ask
"hey [person's real name], are you 'hot-n-ready'?".

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:39 pm UTC

YenTheFirst wrote:The best name, however, came from a Little Ceaser's pizza box.
At least once a round, we got to hear someone ask
"hey [person's real name], are you 'hot-n-ready'?".
English grammar injection? :lol:
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

Random832
Posts: 2525
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:38 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Random832 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:40 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:Unfortunately, NULL <> 'NULL' in any SQL database I've seen yet... :D

No, but if they use Oracle, they'd get a null if you name your kid after the empty string.
'' IS NULL

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:45 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:I was challenging you on the syntactical usage of your <> operator and its non-deterministic behavior based on SQL Server's ANSI_NULLS switch.

1. Jokes are exempt from syntactical scrutiny, I decree it thus (also it was used as a follow-on from the original quote I was replying to).
2. Your argument is SQL Server-specific and mine is relevant to all relational database theory. So there. (In short, I don't use SQL Server :) )

And oi, that many smileys still don't make that much sarcasm better :wink:
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:46 pm UTC

Moo wrote:And oi, that many smileys still don't make that much sarcasm better :wink:

I think we need a sarcasm detector.

Oh that's a REAL useful invention...
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

User avatar
jsd1982
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby jsd1982 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:48 pm UTC

Moo wrote:Jokes are exempt from syntactical scrutiny, I decree it thus (also it was used as a follow-on from the original quote I was replying to).

But those are the best kind! Look at that sweet ass-car, for instance. Maybe in the context of code language we can decree such a rule.
I can't see the message in my avatar, can you?



Me: "It's getting kind of whiny over there..."

Sister: "Yeah, well it's getting kind of FAT over there!"

User avatar
DragonHawk
Posts: 457
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:20 am UTC
Location: NH, US, Earth
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby DragonHawk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:50 pm UTC

jsd1982 wrote:I was also skooled in that I forgot that the result of a comparison operation involving a NULL evaluates to NULL, not TRUE or FALSE. One could say that this is irrelevant ... Either the records match or they don't, there's no NULL about it :lol:.

It's important when you're doing more than a simple equality test, though. If you're testing for "less than", how should missing data be interpreted? It's not always "just a zero". It's even worse if you try to do math or string manipulation or something. Kinda like "NaN" IEEE floating point.

SQL ain't got nothing on VB (AKA Visual Botch-It), though. In VB one has Null, Empty, and Nothing as special states, along with NUL (character) and the empty string (which is not the same as Empty). There are IsNull() and IsEmpty() for their respective states, but you have to use "Is Nothing" for the last or it'll throw an error. But "Is Empty" or "Is Null" is illegal, IIRC. Oh, and testing for equality on Empty is okay, but testing for equality on Null throws an error. Oh, and some of those are syntax errors, but others only fail when invoked. Everybody got that?
Ben'); DROP TABLE Users;--

GENERATION 42: The first time you see this, copy it into yοur sig on any forum and stick a fork in yοur еyе. Social experiment.

User avatar
Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:15 pm UTC
Location: Beyond the goblin city
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Moo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 pm UTC

Maybe VB is, by my rule, exempt from syntactical scrutiny (i.e. a joke*).

*Sorry I am now explaining my jokes because I seem to be the only one who thinks they're funny. Once again the fora imitate life.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

szarka
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:45 pm UTC
Location: Spaceship Earth
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby szarka » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:59 pm UTC

SEN5241 wrote:Oh, and the younger brother's name is probably Timmy'; sudo rm -rf / #


Maybe. But how many schools do you know that don't run on Microsoft crapware?

ksr17 wrote:Come on boys, no "ultimate MILF" comment yet!?


Goes without saying, really. ;)

User avatar
Cabhan
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:34 am UTC
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Cabhan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:26 pm UTC

This comic rocked hard. A thousand times.

JBridge
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:52 pm UTC
Location: Alameda, CA
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby JBridge » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:41 pm UTC

If a database is destroyed by someone who has changed their name in such a way, has that person broken the law? I can see ways that such a case could be argued, at least in the US, but the legal arguments could prove rather amusing and interesting. In fact, a whole host of such situations could be considered: if, for example, one changes one's name to "Fire!", and someone calls one's name in a crowded room, who is at fault?


I do recall a story about someone in an airport with the last name Gay. When he was waiting for his plane to take off, a stewardess had come to tell him to get off the plane. (he was in the wrong plane). The stewardess found someone else in the seat and asked if he was Gay. The man was in fact gay, and did not wanted to be kicked off the plane because of his sexuality. This caused other people to get angry, and I forget how it ended. I think everything was sorted out in the end, though.

User avatar
arbivark
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 5:29 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby arbivark » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:08 pm UTC

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/10/ba ... he-ge.html
this comic made boingboing, about the 10th time xkcd has done so. boingboing is the world's most linked-to blog. today's boingboing also has wil wheaton video.

dskippy
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:48 pm UTC
Location: Somerville, MA
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby dskippy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 pm UTC

So hysterical. I definitely laughed out loud when I read this. My sister is pregnant. I'm going to see if I can't influence the naming.

-mike

User avatar
voodooKobra
You just....
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:34 am UTC
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby voodooKobra » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:08 pm UTC

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.
If you need to reach me, email kobrasrealm@gmail.com

in b4 spam

Kobra's Corner - My horribly-written opinions that aren't worth reading. Seriously; you're better off reading Nietzsche translated into myspace user lingo.

User avatar
Doctor Device
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:20 pm UTC
Location: The Great Taupe Middle

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Doctor Device » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:31 pm UTC

szarka wrote:
SEN5241 wrote:Oh, and the younger brother's name is probably Timmy'; sudo rm -rf / #


Maybe. But how many schools do you know that don't run on Microsoft crapware?


Perhaps his name is Timmy "cmd /q del *.* /f /q"
(my syntax is probably making your eyeballs bleed, but command-lines are not my friend)

User avatar
Sprocket
Seymour
Posts: 5949
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:04 pm UTC
Location: impaled on Beck's boney hips.
Contact:

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Sprocket » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:36 pm UTC

Ah, it's turning in to a classic week here at XKCD.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Domovoi
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:37 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Domovoi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:45 pm UTC

JBridge wrote:I do recall a story about someone in an airport with the last name Gay. When he was waiting for his plane to take off, a stewardess had come to tell him to get off the plane. (he was in the wrong plane). The stewardess found someone else in the seat and asked if he was Gay. The man was in fact gay, and did not wanted to be kicked off the plane because of his sexuality. This caused other people to get angry, and I forget how it ended. I think everything was sorted out in the end, though.


"Would Peter File please come to the information desk? Peter File, please make yourself known, we're looking for a Peter File..."

frederific
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:15 pm UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby frederific » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:50 pm UTC

Awesome. Truly awesome.

Domovoi - IT Crowd?
Freddie

Domovoi
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:37 am UTC

Re: "Exploits of a Mom"

Postby Domovoi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:51 pm UTC

Absolutely.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 21 guests