0352: "Far Away"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Elenion

Re: "Far Away" Discussion

Postby Elenion » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:04 am UTC

Ren wrote:I think this is the comic that has hit closest to home for me in a long while.

Same here, even though I'm not in a longdistance realtionship. The timing of the comic too was.. yeah. It brought tears to my eyes. (but then again I'm really sad today for irl-reasons)

photosinensis wrote:Cross country? Pfft. There have been times where I was up at 2:00a and really needed to start globetrotting right fucking now, entry visas (and my possibly expired passport, need to check that) be damned.

Granted, none of these were for LDRs. They were simply friends who were in need, who just happened to be on the other side of the world.

Same here, and for me the feeling of needing to hug someone because they really need a hug, but you can't cause you are miles away in another country, is worse than beeing the one that need the hug. Comforting over msn just isn't the same :/
22/f/Oslo - Picz - Cyber

..it's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death..

fatmanforprez

Postby fatmanforprez » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:08 am UTC

I hate you so much sometimes Randall, were you looking in my window when you wrote this?

OK lets be honest I couldn't actually hate you, your timing just sucks as everyone here has noted.

Just be glad you can take that impromptu 2AM trip, I tried and she wasn't there. I crossed the country from one side to the other and back again looking for her and at every stop I "just missed" her. Why do did I love someone I can't couldn't even catch. And now what little I have had has been taken away, my calls, e-mails, and IMs are not being returned, by her or her friends. And when she finally returns my messages and has an excuse for everything will I just be so glad to hear her voice that I fold again? Do I have the wherewithal to survive another trip, figurative or literal?

So I decide to get back on the horse and let my losses lie as such and what happens? XKCD gives me that one last pang of guilt. Hopefully I won't look back.

jepleure

Postby jepleure » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:35 am UTC

I'm in a rather...complicated...situation right now...this comic made me think of the guy who first introduced me to xkcd, and how when we're on the phone and he's sad, how much I'd like to be able to hug and kiss him for real, instead of the whole "a hug from me to you, the best I can do over the phone" deal. I sent him the link to that comic in a e-mail and told him it made me think of him.
*hugs* to all those in the same situation as the guy in the comic
(sorry, it really is the best I can do on the computer...:()
Small dancing tuna on my head oh my

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:43 am UTC

<WARNING: I segfaulted and puked up this post. It's incoherent, all over the place, dubiously related to the thread, and very very personal>

You know, I think it's a lot worse for those of us with the means and will to do the 2AM blitz.

I mean, in my case, there's absolutely NOTHING stopping me from putting pants on, walking out the front door, getting in the car, and setting off for Los Angeles. I have enough credit sitting on the credit cards to cover gas and LIVING there for a little while. Until I end up colosally in debt, unemployed, and undereducated.

I can do it. But I shouldn't. The way our society is structured, it's (supposedly) to my advantage to wait here, finish school, and then at a later date make a financially stable move that allows me more prolonged enjoyment.

This comic has kept me up all night here. It's made me consider and reconsider and reconsider again every aspect of my life. The fact that I can't find a solution that satisfies all constraints is beginning to shatter the very foundations of my thought and belief structure.

I could go right now if I wanted to. Drop all my classes next semester. Get my dad's money back. Don't tell anyone where I'm going. All my stuff is packed up and easily transportable. I could be on the road by sunrise, all loose ends taken care of. She'd give me the money for gas. I have a few ins on things that I'm skilled at as far as work (one of her uncles works in TV commercial production, the other runs a programming shop). Transfer the registration and insurance on my car. But that leaves education. There's no way in hell that I'd be able to pay off the loans I've accrued from that in the time alloted. I'm locked in to Penn State and have no useful means of getting out except walking across a stage with a stupid hat on.

The "intelligent" compromise would be to finish school and then go. But the job market is fairly shitty right now, so you take what you can get. And why in the hell would any company in California want to interview some random nobody from the other end of the universe for an entry level position?

I understand all the constraints. I know why they're there. I know how they work and interrelate. But I've always assumed there would be a way to bring this all to a perfect storybook resolution. But now that I look for this solution, it's not there. There isn't even a selfish, or even selfless solution that I can come up with. In the end, we both lose. No matter what happens.

This comic has changed my life... Everything's still exactly the same as it was before I saw the comic, but yet it's all changed. I now understand that I'm on an overloaded, 10 mile long freight train with no brakes, loaded with flammable materials, on fire, careening down a 33% grade at 150mph headed towards a washed out bridge over a motherfucking volcano called despair. I may as well enjoy the motherfucking ride.

.... But I still don't have the balls to go.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Paper

Postby Paper » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 am UTC

I registered just to comment on this. Made my eyes water a bit. But we are both the practical type, so neither of us would ever do the 2 AM impromptu trip, for the other one would chew us out about the stupidity of it. Though I'm sure we'd put it off til after at least two hours of cuddling.

Arizona-Ohio, over 2000 miles apart, over 2 years now. We did it the nerdy way and met online, so even when we're not in school, it's Illinois to Ohio. We try to see each other once every 6 months, but an internship this summer on my part and a degree change on his (postponing his graduation) may prevent even that. *hug* helps, and phone helps more, but I am worried about what will happen when we can't see each other for a whole year... He's strong enough, but am I?

I figured Randall used an AIM window because it would be more obvious to the casual reader what was going on.

woohoosteph

Postby woohoosteph » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:09 am UTC

I just thought this comic was ultra cute until someone posted the Wish You Were Here lyrics and now its tragically cute....

Nova Tiempo

Postby Nova Tiempo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:28 am UTC

Woah, this one hit a nerve. So true though, so true.

And also; "I drove all niiiiiiight, to get to you..."

Dft

Postby Dft » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:What is it with us geeks and being in love with people who live far away? Did you all meet them IRL and then get separated, like I did?

Sort of. Was my best buddy for years online, then we finally met in real life and discovered there was more to it than mere friendship, and one thing lead to another...

Dft

Postby Dft » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:37 am UTC

woohoosteph wrote:I just thought this comic was ultra cute until someone posted the Wish You Were Here lyrics and now its tragically cute....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRsqAr4S39s SUPERIOR "Wish you were here" song. Less depressing, just bittersweet.

madjo

Postby madjo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:54 am UTC

Gah! This comic depresses me even more than I already was.
I haven't had any form of relationship (aside from friendship) for the past 5 years...
Being shy and introverted kinda has that effect on someone, not daring to approach someone, just hunkering at a distance.
It sucks... :(

Good news that the sun is shining today, otherwise I would've gone mad. :)
:)

You are carrying:
- a slightly paranoid Android
- two left feet (not my own)
- a still unfed and very hungry hippo
- broadsword of +5 ridiculousness stained with the blood of the undead souls
- a stetson Resistol, cuz stetson Resistols are cool.

ikefalcon

Postby ikefalcon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:56 am UTC

Evidently Randall is still using a version of AIM that still supports "warning."

Unforgiven

Postby Unforgiven » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 pm UTC

The first, last and only girl I've had a long-distance relationship with lived in Germany (I lived in the Netherlands). I was 16, we'd met on holiday in Italy. At the time, Internet was in its infancy. My parents had ISDN, but she didn't have Internet at all. So no e-mail, no IM, no Skype, none of that modern stuff. All we had were expensive phonecalls and letters (you know, written on paper, with a pen).

Neither of us could visit the other either because a train ticket to Germany is really expensive when you're 16.

It didn't last.
"Now we're at the museum. Do you think they'll have DDR in there too?"
"It's Japan. Of course they will."

LtBrenton

Postby LtBrenton » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:26 pm UTC

wing wrote:<WARNING: I segfaulted and puked up this post. It's incoherent, all over the place, dubiously related to the thread, and very very personal>

You know, I think it's a lot worse for those of us with the means and will to do the 2AM blitz.

I mean, in my case, there's absolutely NOTHING stopping me from putting pants on, walking out the front door, getting in the car, and setting off for Los Angeles. I have enough credit sitting on the credit cards to cover gas and LIVING there for a little while. Until I end up colosally in debt, unemployed, and undereducated.

I can do it. But I shouldn't. The way our society is structured, it's (supposedly) to my advantage to wait here, finish school, and then at a later date make a financially stable move that allows me more prolonged enjoyment.

This comic has kept me up all night here. It's made me consider and reconsider and reconsider again every aspect of my life. The fact that I can't find a solution that satisfies all constraints is beginning to shatter the very foundations of my thought and belief structure.

I could go right now if I wanted to. Drop all my classes next semester. Get my dad's money back. Don't tell anyone where I'm going. All my stuff is packed up and easily transportable. I could be on the road by sunrise, all loose ends taken care of. She'd give me the money for gas. I have a few ins on things that I'm skilled at as far as work (one of her uncles works in TV commercial production, the other runs a programming shop). Transfer the registration and insurance on my car. But that leaves education. There's no way in hell that I'd be able to pay off the loans I've accrued from that in the time alloted. I'm locked in to Penn State and have no useful means of getting out except walking across a stage with a stupid hat on.

The "intelligent" compromise would be to finish school and then go. But the job market is fairly shitty right now, so you take what you can get. And why in the hell would any company in California want to interview some random nobody from the other end of the universe for an entry level position?

I understand all the constraints. I know why they're there. I know how they work and interrelate. But I've always assumed there would be a way to bring this all to a perfect storybook resolution. But now that I look for this solution, it's not there. There isn't even a selfish, or even selfless solution that I can come up with. In the end, we both lose. No matter what happens.

This comic has changed my life... Everything's still exactly the same as it was before I saw the comic, but yet it's all changed. I now understand that I'm on an overloaded, 10 mile long freight train with no brakes, loaded with flammable materials, on fire, careening down a 33% grade at 150mph headed towards a washed out bridge over a motherfucking volcano called despair. I may as well enjoy the motherfucking ride.

wing root# /etc/init.d/balls start

Do it, man. If you think you can survive and not get yourself in too much (read: TOO MUCH) shit, do it...

dataxpress

Postby dataxpress » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:32 pm UTC

mightymouse1584 wrote:
dataxpress wrote:
muteKi wrote:I am neither in a long-distance relationship (or any for that matter) or a big fan of IM, so I didn't find this comic up to the usual XKCD quality. That and the title-text was a bit too similar to other comics.

That is because you have nobody to IM or nobody to be in a relationship with.

Don't bother critiquing somebody's work where you have no authoritative grounds.

Thank you for labeling myself and everyone else who is currently not in a relationship as somehow unqualified to comment on this comic. However, contrary to what your opinion may be, muteKi and i have just as much a right to critique this as you do.

ps - this comic brought a smile to my face... even though im not currently involved with anyone.

I never said I have more qualifications than anybody else to judge this comic.

It's analogy time!
This is a little like visiting a random automotive forum, and then posting on a specific car's thread that you think that car is too similar to another car because it has four wheels, and then further commenting that you don't like it because you don't like cars with four wheels or an engine. Do you see the disconnection here? Other people might be reminiscing of times they drove that particular model of car, or if they wanted to, or maybe they had one in another color. Which is great, they can mention the pros and cons of the car related to other cars.

If this analogy fails, it's because it's 5:30 here
I recommend filling soccer balls with napalm. Napalm is nature's toothpaste.

dataxpress

Postby dataxpress » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:38 pm UTC

wing wrote:<WARNING: I segfaulted and puked up this post. It's incoherent, all over the place, dubiously related to the thread, and very very personal>

[...]

pros/cons chart man, make a pros/cons chart.

also, the analogy to your life you used is probably the most metal thing I have ever heard, ever. I almost headbanged.
except for "despair". if you had named your volcano "dinosaur" or "awesome" or something, that would be the breaking point.

and the thing is, here's really your options:
A) wild life changing move which will probably fuck up your life on multiple fronts (the bad kind of fucking up)
B) don't move. forget about her. it sounds impossible and you've heard it a thousand times, and i haven't even done it myself, but you can try. I had a solid string of no-go relationships, and my friend told me, "you know, if you try, and even if your failure rate is 98%, you just have to keep going until you meet that 2%." it sounded like shitty advice, but it's worked. (this isn't the most relevant advice, but it goes to show that not all advice which looks bad on the surface really is.)

also, on another note, does english requiring that sentences end within the quote bother anybody "like this?"
it's the exact opposite of "programming"; // and it angers me

LtBrenton

Postby LtBrenton » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:53 pm UTC

Hmm...Backtracking slightly on my "just do it" post...

I still think you should analyze everything and seriously think about going for it. As for the debts you've built up...you may find yourself locked in for the duration of that one, but hey! Finish school and then do whatever the hell you want man. There's always someone looking for a programmer, and if there's a family connection you're as good as hired. So I'd say rock on. Sure, the track goes a bit close to Mount Awesome (hereby renamed in the name of all decent thrash metal), but keep hands and legs inside the vehicle at all times and you'll do fine :P

Bottom line, do it as soon as it's financially safe to do so.

Arkohn

Postby Arkohn » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:16 pm UTC

I've never had a non-long-distance relationship. This comic read my mind, literally, I almost started crying in class just thinking about the amount of times that it's happened to me.

lmclapp68

Postby lmclapp68 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 pm UTC

shinylilfish wrote:To those of you in long distance relationships...
Where? and how long?

I was in one seven years ago, sort of. Weekdays in Ohio, weekends in Florida. Dated a woman in Florida for a year, got engaged, continued the weekdays in Ohio for another year, got married, got laid off from Ohio job a week later. (Which I actually didn't mind all that much, as I wanted to spend more time with my new wife at home anyway.)

I had a pretty good gig -- I had a $50/week phone allowance, which goes a long way when you use calling cards. And I was at home on weekends anyway, so it only barely qualifies as a LDR. We both believe that our two years with me on the road helped us build our relationship and build our communication skills.

FWIW, we had our 5 year anniversary last month. Smooth sailing so far. :)

plasticsuperhero

Postby plasticsuperhero » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:25 pm UTC

Jello B. wrote:WINDOWS XP WHAT WHAT?

I thought that it looked quite similar to AOL on XP (hides head in shame for past transgressions), but then I thought, "OpenSUSE 10.2 looks kinda like that. I'm sure there are other linux flavors that come even closer to that look. Also, I guess the instant messenger could be GAIM." But I happen to think you're right, this comic evokes the Dark Side.

/Where is Padme?
//Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........................

ZeroStyle

Postby ZeroStyle » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:26 pm UTC

Dft wrote:
woohoosteph wrote:I just thought this comic was ultra cute until someone posted the Wish You Were Here lyrics and now its tragically cute....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRsqAr4S39s SUPERIOR "Wish you were here" song. Less depressing, just bittersweet.

Good call, everytime i read someone's "wish you were here" i heard Incubus singing instead. Thanks for the link, don't have the MP3 here at work :)

ThatGuyCalledPete

Postby ThatGuyCalledPete » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:27 pm UTC

dataxpress wrote:also, on another note, does english requiring that sentences end within the quote bother anybody "like this?"
it's the exact opposite of "programming"; // and it angers me

Try UK English rather than American English - I think you might like it... :)

Punctuation goes where it belongs, if it is a part of quoted text then it goes inside the quotes, otherwise it goes outside the "quotes".

If I'm quoting a complete sentence that has punctuation inside the quotes, then there will still be punctuation outside the quotes to complete the parent sentence. For example:
The man insisted, "Your daughter, she kicked my dog!".

Also our spelling is better. ;)
For example, I can hear the "u" in "colour", if it is pronounced correctly.

-- Pete.

plasticsuperhero

Postby plasticsuperhero » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:28 pm UTC

Where? and how long?

For me: Pittsburgh and Chicago
4 years

My girlfriend lives in Canada. You guys wouldn't know her. :mrgreen:

fryman

Postby fryman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Kiirani wrote::( My boyfriend and I broke up recently over this.

Kat? :cry:
Open source sigs? Here, use mine!

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

I "aaaaaawwwwww"ed for a minute, actually. I miss him more than anything, but there's only 20 days left on the countdown. :)
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

suzi

Postby suzi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:47 pm UTC

;-;

Rummy

Postby Rummy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:58 pm UTC

I've been there before... For me "there" is Erie, PA which happens to lie almost exactly between Chicago, IL and central Massachusetts.

dantes

Postby dantes » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:00 pm UTC

@ /b/slayer...

I would suggest rereading 'Dreams' and the one with the ninja chick rappelling down the building. Those are what keep my mind in the right place.

To the comic, I've never had the nerve to try the LDR, though I would argue that one of the more difficult situations is to be surrounded, in close proximity, by those who want the relationship when you, in fact, do not. Searching for that elusive 'her' is the most frustrating and difficult challenge I have ever encountered.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:02 pm UTC

dantes wrote:Searching for that elusive 'her' is the most frustrating and difficult challenge I have ever encountered.
I know it sounds cliched but seriously, as long as you're searching you won't find. She'll find you one day when you're not paying attention.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

dantes

Postby dantes » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:15 pm UTC

Moo wrote:
dantes wrote:Searching for that elusive 'her' is the most frustrating and difficult challenge I have ever encountered.
I know it sounds cliched but seriously, as long as you're searching you won't find. She'll find you one day when you're not paying attention.

I agree totally, and now would like to retract the use of the word 'searching'. That's actually a mantra that I preach pretty heavily, that you'll never find when searching. What I meant was waiting with hope in my mind (I'm sure there's a better word for that). Seems like the 'hers' that keep finding me are just not who I'm looking for, which is disappointing.

OmegaLord
LXIX

Postby OmegaLord » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:18 pm UTC

When I saw this comic a song automatically popped into my head that went

"Cause when I talk to you on the phone
Well, it's just like being alone..."

Now this song is in my head, I don't know who it's from, and it's reminding me of a girl I knew a while back.

The song, which someone has probably told you, is Half Right by Jimmy Eat World (no link, too tired. (Well, here it is on LyricWiki anyway.))
So what do you guys know about *glances down at sheet* the kingdoms of orgasms
but I just don't see why someone would tape themselves together.
Bear Police wrote:I got Ready to Die today. Took me too long. Great record.

fatmanforprez

Postby fatmanforprez » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:33 pm UTC

Wing, do this the smart way, plan and save for a big intermission trip out here (your trip is close to the exact opposite of mine). Then after you get out here and realize she was worth waiting for throw her over your shoulder and drag her back. Wait that last one may be due to too much Mein Teil.

Either way it's about finding a compromise between whats good for you and what brings you happiness. This kind of thing is what life is about to a large degree, the ability to withstand pain for a greater reward (damn Dune is sneaking in here too), it's what makes you human not an animal. And if she dosen't agree that taking school to it's conclusion and continuing on your previous life plan is the way to go I guarantee she is only gonna hurt you anyhow.

Best of luck!

P.S. English sucks, just program well and forget the grammar, it is changing to match people like us anyhow.

netsplit
Location: Z̈̓̾̾̀̉ͬ̅ͯͪͬ̚͢͏̴̝̝̩̳͙͘a̷̧̰̥̯͎͍͍̻̮͔̭̰̗̺̩̐̀͛͐ͥ͐ͨ͆̀̉̐̌̅͑ͣ͟ͅľ̸̠̟̭̲̜̹̗͎͍̗̤͖̤͕̣̝̀̊̑ͯͬ͌̍ͬ͂ͤ͛̀̚g̍̅́ͮ̌̏ͣ́̀͏͍

Postby netsplit » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:35 pm UTC

Long time reader, first time posting.

Oh man, that was sooo me and my ex. It was terrible. I just wanted to kiss her, but the distance between michigan and england is far...
from da craddle to da grave, geek life 4 eva
better show hardcore respect ya'll

JayDee wrote:"What is the difference between erotic and kinky? Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole Dinosaur."

dataxpress

Postby dataxpress » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:37 pm UTC

ThatGuyCalledPete wrote:Try UK English rather than American English - I think you might like it... :)
[...]
Also our spelling is better. ;)
For example, I can hear the "u" in "colour", if it is pronounced correctly.

-- Pete.

do i just... do i just...

put <!DOCTYPE DOC PUBLIC "-//EN-UK"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> at the top of my english papers?!

and i'm not a huge fan of the extra u's, but eh =\
and the date format (DD MM YY) still weirds me out. March 15th, 2007 looks more human to me than 15 Mar 2007. (march the fifteenth instead of fifteen march) that's how it's done right?

tuesday will be my last english class, ever. maybe. it fulfills my english requirement for now anyway.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:40 pm UTC

Come on, you're telling me 12312007 makes sense? Because we always wright things in completely random order of magnitude! It's like writing 100 + 20 + 5 as 152. Silly people.
That sounds totally flamy, sorry. Totally tongue in cheek.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Saven

Postby Saven » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:48 pm UTC

Randal, quit reading my mind for comic ideas! Bah... I had to fall for the girl 1500 miles away. Our one chance to see each other before the end of next summer is coming up, and our ability to get to the rendezvous is falling apart on both ends. :(

IdSaysGo

Postby IdSaysGo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:50 pm UTC

I actually did drive three hours in the middle of the night, into the North Country snow to spread some love last week. I left on tuesday night and had work on thursday (though I, uh, took care of that). Worth every freezing, near-death-at-the-hands-of-psychotic-midnight-drivers minute in that car.

suzi

Postby suzi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:16 pm UTC

I need to qualify my ";-;" from this morning.

This comic reminds me far too much of a relationship that could have gotten to this point. We went to high school together and dated this summer, and broke up when we left for college. Originally it was for the long-distance reason and other complicated social things, but he ended up dumping me early because he didn't think it was working anyway. I hate his decision to do that; it tacked on months to my recovery time. I hate it. I hate it. I wish I could hate him.

This comic filled my head with impossibly bittersweet hypotheticals. I think what did it was the "meh." That noise, he makes that noise so much, IRL and when we talk on AIM...

I wish I could *hug* him now and make him sad. I wish he would care. I'd give anything to hurt him like he's hurt me.

Kaye

Postby Kaye » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:21 pm UTC

Where? and how long?

Illinois/California.
~2.5 years together + ~1.5 years apart..
Though he's coming over this Saturday for winter break! *rejoice*

hestia

Postby hestia » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:24 pm UTC

I have been in a number of long distance relationships. The last one I was in (New Jersey - Iceland) ended because I figured out that I didn't actually like being around him in real life.

Though when I am away from my guy now it is only for a few weeks, but what a difficult few weeks they are.

grubznug

Postby grubznug » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:25 pm UTC

severeimplement wrote:When I saw this comic a song automatically popped into my head that went

"Cause when I talk to you on the phone
Well, it's just like being alone..."

Now this song is in my head, I don't know who it's from, and it's reminding me of a girl I knew a while back.

i was seriously listening to that song when i read this post o_o

its Half Right by Elliott Smith / Heatmiser
(x2+9/4y2+z2-1)3 - x2z3-9/80y2z3 = 0

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”