0519: "11th Grade"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Bruce Springsteen

~burm~

Postby Bruce Springsteen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 pm UTC

Holy goddamn Batman-on-a-person-in-Istanbul. How arrogant are you, Randy Marsh?

Jesus Crap. Really? Really? Computer language is going to help more than basic mathematics and language skills, making friends, being in shape, and, y'know, the field that is actually going to help your career.

Perl did not, in anyway, aid you in your career as a webcomic artist. I really hope that xkcd's smug higher-than-thou strips are supposed to be ironic or something.

And then, of course, the alt-text is Randy Marsh's way of making more people like him--creepy outcasts who obsess over that one girl. By "that one girl", I mean "the one girl they interacted with at one point in high school once". Thus, the more creeps, the easier he can justify creating lame romantic strips or drawing female private parts in a friggin' stick figure comic.

Seriously, Randy Marsh, I worry about your obsession with that girl.
You got some issues Randall, I think you need some counseling to help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some. And what's this $#!+ about you two meant to be together? That type of spit'll make her not want you to meet each other. I really think you and your computer need each other, or maybe you just need to treat her better. I hope you get to read this post, I just hope it reaches you in time before you hurt yourself, I think that you'll be doin' just fine. If you relax a little, I'm glad old memes inspire you, but, Randy why are you so sad? Try to understand, that I do want to be a fan. I just don't want you to do some crazy spit. I seen this one thing on the news a couple weeks ago that made me sick. Some dude was drunk and drove his car over a bridge and had his mother in the elephant's trunk, and she was pregnant with his past self and in the car they found scotch tape, but they didn't say who it was to.
Come to think about, his name was...it was you.

Wait, no it wasn't. My bat.

P.S. "Megan" says hi.

y
sup

sir2you

Re: "11th Grade" Discussion

Postby sir2you » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 am UTC

I've seen this comic a few times on these forums. It's so true... Sigh.
„‹•**•›„„‹•*„‹•**•›„„‹•*„‹•* "There are two ways to live your life; as if nothing is *•›„„‹•**•›„*•›„„‹•**•›„*•›„
*•›„*•›„„‹•**•›„*•›„„‹•**•›„ a miracle, or as if everything is a miracle." - Einstein „‹•*„‹•**•›„„‹•*„‹•**•›„„‹•*

Bruce Springsteen

Re: "11th Grade" Discussion

Postby Bruce Springsteen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 am UTC

sir2you wrote:Image

I've seen this comic a few times on these forums. It's so true... Sigh.

What is true about it? Did you go inside a classroom and now behave like everyone else who was in that classroom? Or have you never been inside a classroom :?:
sup

Dimetrodon

Re: 0519: "11th Grade"

Postby Dimetrodon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:30 am UTC

Look, I think we're all trying to work out our differences over a simple problem here, that has a simple answer: that snowflake would actually melt into a whole lot of different water molecules.
Thank you, sophomore-year chemistry- oh, wait, shit.
Spoiler:

Fear my mammalian skull, my efficient heat-regulating sail, and my two rows of teeth.

more_people

Re: 0519: "11th Grade"

Postby more_people » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:25 pm UTC

That is so true, I'm in 11th Grade now!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”