0018: "Snapple"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Kaiyas

Re: SnApple Discussion

Postby Kaiyas » Mon May 05, 2008 9:32 pm UTC

Random832 wrote:
Turiya wrote:
AlphaSquirrel wrote:
zaqwithaq wrote:When we went to a science competition the principal of the school we were at told some science jokes I didn't get any of them except the chem one:

What are a doctor's two favorate elements?
Helium and Curium because if you don't you have to Beryllium!

yeah none of her jokes actually got any laughs I've just been dieing to tell that one since she told it to us.

I don't get it.

"Heal 'em" and "cure 'em" otherwise you have to "bury 'em" :)

Would have worked better with Barium.

Actually they might be going for "bury all 'em" instead. But yes, barium comes out smoother.
clintonius wrote:This place is like mental masturbation

JET73L

Postby JET73L » Tue May 06, 2008 1:41 am UTC

Turiya wrote:
AlphaSquirrel wrote:
zaqwithaq wrote:When we went to a science competition the principal of the school we were at told some science jokes I didn't get any of them except the chem one:

What are a doctor's two favorate elements?
Helium and Curium because if you don't you have to Beryllium!

yeah none of her jokes actually got any laughs I've just been dieing to tell that one since she told it to us.

I don't get it.

"Heal 'em" and "cure 'em" otherwise you have to "bury 'em" :)

I originally heard it as Barium. Beryllium makes little sense.
The Summoning of Dragons. Single copy, first edition, slighty foxed and extremely dragoned.
+++OUT OF CHEESE ERROR+++ +++PLEASE REBOOT+++
"I assumed we were walking to the bakery." "You alwaysassume that!"

Tass

Postby Tass » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:30 pm UTC

I never got this one before.

I was like "Yeah, everybody knows that tin is Sn but whats the fun part? Then a tungsten apple would be a Wapple and so on, whats the point?"

I read here that its a soft drink, but I still don't find it that fun. Guess you have to be familliar with the drink before reading the comic.

rubber314chicken

Postby rubber314chicken » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:25 pm UTC

my old chemisty teacher is gonna get a printout of this thread and the comic next year.
Official Thread-Jacker

SecondTalon wrote:Semen! I said semen! tee hee!

natech

Postby natech » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:47 pm UTC

Bahaha. I got this when I clicked random. I really think it's my favorite comic ever . . . simple, but elegant. So funny.

Sammich117

Re: "Snapple" Discussion

Postby Sammich117 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 pm UTC

I know I'm a newbie bumping an old thread, but this has been one of my all time favorites. It's usually the first one I show to anyone that I'm introducing xkcd to. A+

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Re: "Snapple" Discussion

Postby bmonk » Wed May 19, 2010 9:30 pm UTC

Organic chemists also like the benzene rings with Dr groups attached at two points to get (depending on their positions) Paradox, Metaphysician, or Orthodox. :roll:
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Venetian Road

Re: 0018: "Snapple"

Postby Venetian Road » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:24 am UTC

Probably my favorite comic of all time, I put a cropped version of it as my facebook profile picture when I registered, until I could find a good picture of myself :wink:

I love your forum picture by the way, emmaskillz :oops:

Pfhorrest

Re: 0018: "Snapple"

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 am UTC

A group of chemists decide to write a story fictionalizing the periodic table of elements. They eventually settle on Tin as the protagonist, but even after nearly finishing the rest of the story they still haven't settled on what the identity of the mysterious antagonist will be. In desperation for something to at least reference said villain by in brainstorming sessions amongst themselves, they end up referring to him merely as the "Tin foil".
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Re:

Postby bmonk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 pm UTC

bbctol wrote:Wow, my friend may be the nerdiest yet.
Me: *tells joke*
Him: I don't get it.
Me: Tin? Sn? Get it?
Him: Yeah, but what's Snapple?
Apparently he got that "Sn" was tin automatically, but didn't pick up on the snapple.

You should respond that he has a Sn-ear.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”