0706: "Freedom"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Wnderer

Re: "Freedom" Discussion

Postby Wnderer » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 pm UTC

I can't believe I'm the only one to notice this comic came out the same day the whale ate his trainer.

Shupersean

Re: "Freedom" Discussion

Postby Shupersean » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:14 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Shupersean wrote:I think this "freedom" is the main reason I balk at sociology. Predict how someone *should* react as much as you want, there will always be that person who decides to ignore convention, compulsion, or impulse and do something completely unexpected. Actually...I think if someone could live in that space, they would be truly interesting.

I think we call people who make a habit of that "sociopaths".

Sociopaths are probably the most common lot to be outside the norms, which is likely due to the lack of empathy they have for others. I suppose anyone actually living in that space would not have a long life expectancy or would end up in an asylum or prison. But anyone who is truly unpredictable...despite the crazy aspect, is sure to be an interesting character.

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: 0706: "Freedom"

Postby Monox D. I-Fly » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:52 pm UTC

Reading this comic reminds me to my previous workplace. Even though my co-workers tended to bully me, I could take a nap at ease with them during break time because I had ever been in worse condition before. My schoolmate during Middle School were far worse bullies. So, everytime I was about to take a nap in my previous workplace, I was just grateful because my co-workers, as jerkass as they are, were not them. Because if my co-workers were those bullies I knew during Middle School, they surely would step on my dick when I was sleeping.
Finally found one comic mentioning a Trading Card Game:
https://xkcd.com/696/

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”