1113: "Killed In Action"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

pierreb
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby pierreb » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 pm UTC

speising wrote:
pierreb wrote:I looked at some statistics from the US Bureau of Labor, apparently most desk jobs employees require more sick days than construction workers.

So, the logical solution would be to put the retiring cops on a construction site.


But it's not about sick days. A dead cop doesn't require any sick leave.


Well when my employee doesn't show up on Monday/Fridays I'd just think "Well he could be dying", taking so many sick leaves can't be good for one's health!

User avatar
SpringLoaded12
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:58 am UTC
Location: Guarding the Super Missile
Contact:

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby SpringLoaded12 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm UTC

I didn't get the joke until I saw the alt-text.

Corrusader wrote:Maybe it refers to a trope where cops get killed/gets in hairy situation just before they retire.

Here I looked it up : D
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Retirony

Bingo (I also made the URL a link since you don't have enough posts to do that yet).
"It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield." "Opposite over hypotenuse, dipshit."

User avatar
da Doctah
Posts: 986
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby da Doctah » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:48 pm UTC

"If only he hadn't been standing in front of that fruit vendor's cart when everything went down."

User avatar
Coyne
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:07 am UTC
Location: Orlando, Florida
Contact:

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Coyne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm UTC

OP Tipping wrote:Agree that it is a reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexpected_hanging_paradox.

I wonder what happened to "bad cop".


Obviously, you haven't heard of "speak no ill of the dead".

Every cop who dies is a good cop; just as the drug-dealing serial killing child molester was "such a good guy, really".
In all fairness...

User avatar
Widmerpool
Three for the price of one!
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Widmerpool » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:50 pm UTC

somebody_else wrote:Definitely a reference to the trope. I think there is also a reference to the unexpected hanging paradox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexpected_hanging_paradox. I think the best solution (from a logic perspective) would just be to randomly retire people at the end of each day, so that way no one is killed 'one day away from retirement'. Not sure how well the police force would react knowing that they could lost their job any day though...

I thought of the Unexpected Hanging, too; but I think it's not exactly that. It's more of a "Slippery Slope" argument - if we accept the premise, we'll end up putting all cops in a safe room from their first day.
El temps es breu; nemini parco.

project2051
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby project2051 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 am UTC

Linux0s wrote:Also a comparatively short cop.

Edit: 200 posts. What do I win?



Maybe he was on the bomb squad.

zinzam
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:44 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby zinzam » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:51 am UTC

EpicanicusStrikes wrote:
Pfhorrest wrote:
WolfieMario wrote:
Primis wrote:Its more then just the trope thing. Its a cliché in a cop films

A trope is a cliché.

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés."


Awesome that they're allowed to invent whatever definition they want to justify themselves. Almost as awesome as...

"We are not a stuffy encyclopedic wiki. We're a buttload more informal. We encourage breezy language and original thought. There Is No Such Thing As Notability, and no citations are needed. If your entry cannot gather any evidence by the Wiki Magic, it will just wither and die. Until then, though, it will be available through the Main Tropes Index. "


In other words... "We are stupid and pointless. Come here to quote Dr. Who in a pretense of contributing to the literary world."


I've been reading here for a while, but this really angered me for some reason, so I decided to post. A trope really is not the same thing as a cliche. A cliche is usually a contrived application of something anyone can see coming because it's been done to death. Tropes are patterns that emerge simply because that's the way it's always been done or that's the best way to do it or it fits a common line of though, something along those lines. Tropes are much more along the lines of archetypes, which I don't think would be labelled as cliches. The two can overlap sometimes, but they are not interchangeable.

Wutai
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Wutai » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:29 am UTC

EpicanicusStrikes wrote:The unexplained pop references really make it most useful. But I'm not doing this all day. You either see that the 'empire has no clothes line' or not.

I read that last line as it was written, and it got me thinking about how I've never thought about the lack of clotheslines in the empire. And about how I likely won't think about it ever again.

User avatar
Klear
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:43 am UTC
Location: Prague

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Klear » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:46 am UTC

Adam H wrote:
Pfhorrest wrote:
WolfieMario wrote:
Primis wrote:Its more then just the trope thing. Its a cliché in a cop films

A trope is a cliché.

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés."

I would say that all (or most) tropes are a type of cliche, but not all cliches are tropes.


Weird. I view it the other way around - all clichés are tropes but not all tropes are clichés.

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Red Hal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 am UTC

I'm too old for this shit.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

arthurd006_5
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby arthurd006_5 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am UTC

Red Hal wrote:Ваша мать была хомяком и отец твой запах бузины.

I assure you that my brother has no hamsterish qualities at all.

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Red Hal » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am UTC

That's how genetics work.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby AvatarIII » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 am UTC

OP Tipping wrote:Agree that it is a reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexpected_hanging_paradox.

I wonder what happened to "bad cop".


I wonder what happened to "Dadaist cop"!!

rmsgrey
Posts: 3634
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby rmsgrey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:48 am UTC

Red Hal wrote:I'm too old for this shit.


Definitely a cliché, but is it a trope?

etsisk
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby etsisk » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 pm UTC

As a former police detective I guess I'm having a wee bit of trouble finding humor in the subject. Yeah, I recognized the play on the "last day before retirement" trope, seen over and over and over in the movies. But that didn't change my gut response to this.

After years of checking out xkcd week after week, this is the first cartoon that made me think, "ick."

blowfishhootie
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:13 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby blowfishhootie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:51 pm UTC

etsisk wrote:As a former police detective I guess I'm having a wee bit of trouble finding humor in the subject. Yeah, I recognized the play on the "last day before retirement" trope, seen over and over and over in the movies. But that didn't change my gut response to this.

After years of checking out xkcd week after week, this is the first cartoon that made me think, "ick."


I always love when this line comes out. It could be any profession there. But if it had been a firefighter, no doubt someone would have raised some lame, half-hearted objection because (s)he was a firefighter. If it was a [insert profession here], guaranteed someone would have objected because they were a member of that profession.

This comic has nothing to do with cops. It has to do with movies. If you don't find it funny, it has nothing to do with the fact that you were a police detective. It shouldn't, anyway, because that makes no sense at all.

User avatar
mathmannix
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:12 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby mathmannix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:12 pm UTC

Linux0s wrote:Also a comparatively short cop.


I think we're looking at the coffin from the end. Also, the perspective seems to vary in the comic - the people on the left are standing farther away, and the two cops talking are probably out of hearing range of the other mourners. So it could be that the coffin is just the farthest object from the camera.

Oh, and my first reaction to the comic was "that's kind of insensitive" but I got over it because I recognized the parody of the retirony cliche/trope, and it is humorous. Maybe not LOL funny, but humorous nonetheless.
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

drakvl
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby drakvl » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm UTC

I don't think it's an unexpected hanging paradox. It seems more like what my physics professor described as solving baseman-runner ties by moving the bag -- it just causes situations that used to have clear outcomes to be considered ties now.

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby AvatarIII » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:04 pm UTC

It's funny, last night I watch Last Action Hero, and there's a cop in it that dies and his last words are "damn, only 2 days 'til retirement"

J Thomas
Everyone's a jerk. You. Me. This Jerk.^
Posts: 1190
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:18 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby J Thomas » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

etsisk wrote:As a former police detective I guess I'm having a wee bit of trouble finding humor in the subject. Yeah, I recognized the play on the "last day before retirement" trope, seen over and over and over in the movies. But that didn't change my gut response to this.

After years of checking out xkcd week after week, this is the first cartoon that made me think, "ick."


You've gone years reading xkcd and this is the first one that made you think "ick"? You're pretty insensitive, man.

But OK, stick around and it will probably be years before you get another one.
The Law of Fives is true. I see it everywhere I look for it.

nitePhyyre
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby nitePhyyre » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
WolfieMario wrote:
Primis wrote:Its more then just the trope thing. Its a cliché in a cop films

A trope is a cliché.

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés."
Comming here and posting that without the next line... "The word clichéd means 'stereotyped and trite.' In other words, dull and uninteresting."... basically makes your post a bald faced lie. Not cool.

On the whole, tropes are not clichés. Clichés are tropes, however. Bad ones.
sourmìlk wrote:Monopolies are not when a single company controls the market for a single product.

You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process.

User avatar
balthasar_s
Posts: 2391
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:20 pm UTC
Location: secret base on the Moon
Contact:

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:33 pm UTC

Widmerpool wrote: ... we'll end up putting all cops in a safe room from their first day.

Let's do that and find someone else to do the cops' job. It will help. Really.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5450
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 pm UTC

nitePhyyre wrote:Comming here and posting that without the next line... "The word clichéd means 'stereotyped and trite.' In other words, dull and uninteresting."... basically makes your post a bald faced lie. Not cool.

On the whole, tropes are not clichés. Clichés are tropes, however. Bad ones.

Explain how that makes my post a bald-faced lie?

Someone claims all tropes are just cliches.

I post a quote saying that, on the whole, they are not.

I leave out the part denigrating cliches because from context the person I'm responding to knows what a cliche is already, he just doesn't know most tropes are not cliches.

And now you say that cliches are a bad kind of trope, which is perfectly true.

What do any of these things have to do with each other and how does any of this make any of it a lie?
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

cream wobbly
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:07 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby cream wobbly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
WolfieMario wrote:
Primis wrote:Its more then just the trope thing. Its a cliché in a cop films

A trope is a cliché.

"Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés."


Nope, a trope definitely the same thing as a cliché. It depends on context whether "cliché" refers to a "worn out expression". A Venn diagram of clichés and tropes would place Cliché (contextless) as the overarching parent set; with Cliché (derogatory) and Trope as overlapping children of the parent, and the union of the two not taking up the entire parent.

etsisk
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby etsisk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:49 am UTC

I always love when this line comes out. It could be any profession there. But if it had been a firefighter, no doubt someone would have raised some lame, half-hearted objection because (s)he was a firefighter. If it was a [insert profession here], guaranteed someone would have objected because they were a member of that profession.

This comic has nothing to do with cops. It has to do with movies. If you don't find it funny, it has nothing to do with the fact that you were a police detective. It shouldn't, anyway, because that makes no sense at all.


yeah, you don't remotely get it, but that's ok. I KNOW what it's "about" and that has nothing to do with my post, but whatever.

User avatar
Widmerpool
Three for the price of one!
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 am UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Widmerpool » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 am UTC

Red Hal wrote:I'm too old for this shit.

You're not trying to draw a psycho pension! You really are crazy!
El temps es breu; nemini parco.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby VectorZero » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 am UTC

drakvl wrote:I don't think it's an unexpected hanging paradox. It seems more like what my physics professor described as solving baseman-runner ties by moving the bag -- it just causes situations that used to have clear outcomes to be considered ties now.
Could you explain this for those of us who don't play batbagball?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
WolfieMario
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby WolfieMario » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:57 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:I leave out the part denigrating cliches because from context the person I'm responding to knows what a cliche is already, he just doesn't know most tropes are not cliches.

Actually, I wasn't quite aware that cliche is exclusively a derogatory term. In fact, I've often heard it used in the more neutral sense, i.e. the definition you posted for tropes. But, looking it up, I see "overused" is a requirement for something to be considered a cliche, so yeah, I was wrong.
"Sometimes game development isn't about doing what is nice to everyone all the time." - Jens Bergensten

resu427
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:23 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby resu427 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:15 pm UTC

Cliche, trope, movie paradox....neat to argue about, until you see it actually happen:
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20120412-NEWS-120419885

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5175
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Felstaff » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:16 am UTC

jpk wrote:
Djehutynakht wrote:
somebody_else wrote:Not sure how well the police force would react knowing that they could lost their job any day though...

I had a teacher once who died of an unexpected cerebral aneurysm three days before the end of the school year... and her retirement.

As opposed to the expected kind?
That was sad. Plus it also resulted in her not getting an appropriate school memorial because the year was basically over (only half-days left).

I bet she was all broken up about that one...

That was a pretty shitty attempt at humour, and a crappy post in general.
frownyemoticon.gif
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

drakvl
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby drakvl » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 am UTC

VectorZero wrote:
drakvl wrote:I don't think it's an unexpected hanging paradox. It seems more like what my physics professor described as solving baseman-runner ties by moving the bag -- it just causes situations that used to have clear outcomes to be considered ties now.
Could you explain this for those of us who don't play batbagball?


If the runner -- the person running to the bag -- reaches the bag before getting touched with the ball, the runner is safe; this is good for the runner, bad for the baseman. If the runner gets touched with the ball first, the runner is out; this is bad for the runner, good for the baseman. What to do in case of a tie? Well, obviously, make the distance to the bag longer or shorter, so that there wouldn't be a tie in the first place!

Although, considering how the runner is in motion relative to the baseman, I'm sure someone might try an approach based on the relativity of simultaneity.

rmsgrey
Posts: 3634
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby rmsgrey » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 pm UTC

drakvl wrote:Although, considering how the runner is in motion relative to the baseman, I'm sure someone might try an approach based on the relativity of simultaneity.


Wouldn't work except in very extreme cases - ones where the runner arriving and the ball contacting the runner happen before light can get from one to the other. That's going to be less than the variation in the timing of the runner being tagged by the ball depending on whether you count the moment it touches his clothing or the moment it would have touched his skin if the clothes weren't in the way...

What relativity does with timing is replace the Newtonian model where "past" and "future" are divided by an infinitesimal boundary ("now") with one where "past", "future" and "nowish" are divided by two boundaries: "past light-cone" and "future light-cone" with everything meeting at a single event ("here-and-now"). All tardyonic (slower-than-light) observers will agree which events are in which region relative to a given event, so the only way you can use relativity to argue whether the runner was safe or out is if the two events happened "nowish" of each other - in which situation, the physically correct approaches are to deny that the two events have an order, or to choose (in advance!) an arbitrary reference frame to compare them in.

In any event, determining that two events within a couple of meters of each other happened "nowish" of each other (within nanoseconds) is not going to happen in the (baseball) field...

drakvl
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby drakvl » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 pm UTC

rmsgrey wrote:Wouldn't work except in very extreme cases


Which would be the point of the joke. Well, any joke involving applying SR to everyday life, I guess.

bigjoec
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:24 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby bigjoec » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

etsisk wrote:As a former police detective I guess I'm having a wee bit of trouble finding humor in the subject. Yeah, I recognized the play on the "last day before retirement" trope, seen over and over and over in the movies. But that didn't change my gut response to this.

After years of checking out xkcd week after week, this is the first cartoon that made me think, "ick."


I love xkcd. I want Randall as a friend. Just the thought of xkcd makes me smile to myself. I'm not related to any police officers, nor do I have any cop friends. Not even really a fan of the police, as I feel laws are too often enforced inequitably, contrary to true justice. But I had the same reaction as etsisk. The cavalier treatment of the death -- in service to a silly joke about a silly trope -- was really unpleasant. And not in a good way (somehow amping up the joke), but in a thoughtless way.

And I can't believe so many on the message board didn't spot this joke as entirely based on the cop-killed-on-retirement-day trope. Am I really that old (relative to the rest of y'all) if I remember Lethal Weapon, uh, 3 was it?

User avatar
dudiobugtron
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 am UTC
Location: The Outlier

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 am UTC

I can't see how it's any more cavalier than a number of other xkcd comics which also deal with death in a funny way. It'd be too hard to find all of them, but here are a few:

http://xkcd.com/736/
http://xkcd.com/707/
http://xkcd.com/393/
http://xkcd.com/369/
http://xkcd.com/938/

Now, I can see how those comics are less respectful or heart-warming than ones like these:
http://xkcd.com/686/
http://xkcd.com/933/
http://xkcd.com/836/
http://xkcd.com/881/
etc...

And some of the first list even make me feel a little sick too (especially the T-Cell one).
But I think it's a bit weird to say that they are thoughtless and disrespectful; they're obviously just jokes and no one is being disrespected or anything. Is the issue just that it shows the coffin? It might also be worth noting that the dead person in the comic isn't actually a real person.
Image

Indy
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Indy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 am UTC

The cavalier treatment of the death -- in service to a silly joke about a silly trope -- was really unpleasant.


If there were enough hours in the day to do everything I felt like doing, one of those things would be to study how people respond to death, i) in general and ii) in particular.
I'd be surprised to find it was ever funny when it happened to a loved one, and you'd have to be at least kind of antisocial to laugh when someone tells you about a murder or even a 'freak gasoline fight accident.' (I never would have believed I'd quote from that movie, but there you go.) But whatever your beliefs about the hereafter, I'd hazard that people who have died are not easily offended by jokes about their own death. It's the family members and society at large who get upset about those jokes. (There are exceptions, I grant; celebrity deaths seem to be fair game for society at large).

My hypothesis would be that death in general is better joke material than specific deaths. Death-in-general is going to happen to all of us, so I guess we're allowed to laugh about it in the same way that members of any race are 'allowed' to make jokes against themselves. Death-in-particular is a trickier topic though.

Now I think it's time for me to go outside in the sunshine.
Manuka in bloom may breed despair

User avatar
Klear
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:43 am UTC
Location: Prague

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Klear » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 pm UTC

What are you talking about? Death is hilarious!

Tounx
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Tounx » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 pm UTC

This is a pretty common trope.

Indy
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 pm UTC

Re: 1113: "Killed In Action"

Postby Indy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:11 am UTC

Thanks Klear, when I do my study I'll be sure to include your data in the 'socially unacceptable' category :P
Manuka in bloom may breed despair


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests