0130: "Julia Stiles"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

OBloodyHell

Re: "Julia Stiles" Discussion

Postby OBloodyHell » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:20 pm UTC

SillyPhonoGraphic wrote:Actually, I googled MathNet and found it on TV.com. There are other older tv shows from when we were children there too.. 3-2-1 Contact, among others.

** Edit **

In my haste, I didn't notice that you can't actually watch the shows :evil: :!:

I'm an editor on a couple TV.com shows. They were pretty good, but they just changed their interface and whoever did it should be shot.
a) It got a daily award from Web Pages That Suck for its lame and eyesearing color scheme
b) It now requires a dual-core processor to even use. Otherwise all pages take like 20-30 seconds or more to generate.
c) The changeover wasn't even announced, much less beta tested... there's a hint regarding it about a week before it was switched over. No RFI to any of the editors or heavy contributors, nothing. "Here it is, f*** you if you don't like it."

Lame, lame, lame.

Just use wikipedia. They are just as good for background information on almost every show. About all TVc is good for is quotes, show forums, and allusion references.

SillyPhonoGraphic

Postby SillyPhonoGraphic » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:00 am UTC

OBloodyHell wrote:
SillyPhonoGraphic wrote:Actually, I googled MathNet and found it on TV.com. There are other older tv shows from when we were children there too.. 3-2-1 Contact, among others.

** Edit **

In my haste, I didn't notice that you can't actually watch the shows :evil: :!:

I'm an editor on a couple TV.com shows. They were pretty good, but they just changed their interface and whoever did it should be shot.
a) It got a daily award from Web Pages That Suck for its lame and eyesearing color scheme
b) It now requires a dual-core processor to even use. Otherwise all pages take like 20-30 seconds or more to generate.
c) The changeover wasn't even announced, much less beta tested... there's a hint regarding it about a week before it was switched over. No RFI to any of the editors or heavy contributors, nothing. "Here it is, f*** you if you don't like it."

Lame, lame, lame.

Just use wikipedia. They are just as good for background information on almost every show. About all TVc is good for is quotes, show forums, and allusion references.

Yep, good ol' Wikipedia. However, wikipedia doesn't offer the actual programs, like I (erroneously) thought TV.com did/does.

thoughtfully

Postby thoughtfully » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:47 pm UTC

zanothis wrote:On the subject of famous people in obscure roles on TV: Samuel L Jackson was on the first episode of Ghostwriter. Well, based on the pattern that seems to be forming, see everyone back here in about a year.

Morgan Freeman was a recurring character on the Electric Company. Bill Cosby was too, but he's rather better known, being involved in a lot of children's programming around that time and at least some of it was part of his Masters in Education.

brace yourselves for a shock!
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

scotty2haughty

Postby scotty2haughty » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:17 pm UTC

Just noticed this on videoeta...

http://videoeta.com/movie.html?via=form&id=122336

June 8th! Mark your calendars!
/s/

lopsided98

Re: 0130: "Julia Stiles"

Postby lopsided98 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:15 pm UTC

I know that this thread is really old, but I remember watching Mathnet episodes in fifth grade during math class. I almost forgot about it until I happened to read this thread today.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”