1128: "Fifty Shades"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

dudiobugtron

Re: 1128: "Fifty Shades"

Postby dudiobugtron » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 am UTC

Carteeg_Struve wrote:I really liked what I saw of the Wishbone condensing of "The Wheel of Time". It's too bad the dogs keep dying of old age before they can get a quarter of the way through. :mrgreen:

Isn't the plot of the entire series neatly spelled out for us in the first book?

I thought the 'whole point' of the books is that you already know what's going to happen. "Imagine a universe where stuff keeps happening the same way over and over. This is what happened in the past 1000 iterations. Or maybe it was just one time, we're not really very clear about that. Anyway, will it happen again this time? Pretty much, yes. Also, all of the main characters will keep on being really important, don't worry. Stay tuned as we show you how!"

To be fair, they didn't predict the bit where:
Spoiler:
Rand goes back to being nice again after geing mean - they got a good three or four extra books' worth out of that at least!

(That said, I'm still jonesing for "A Memory of Light"!)

shokoshu

Re: 1128: "Fifty Shades"

Postby shokoshu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 pm UTC

Randall, oh Randall, you wasted a one-in-a-joketime-chance to xover 50 Shades of Grey with
Shades of Grey (Jasper Fforde). :cry:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”