ethical xkcd clothing?

For the serious discussion of weighty matters and worldly issues. No off-topic posts allowed.

Moderators: Azrael, Moderators General, Prelates

would you be interested in seeing fair-trade organic xkcd clothing for sale?

no, i think that's dumb.
13%
i don't care.
35%
yes, i'd buy it if it were the same price.
24%
yes, i'd pay more for it.
22%
yes, i would only buy this stuff.
6%

Total votes: 85

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:12 pm UTC

This is interesting enough for me to move it to serious business :)

One thing that I've heard some companies do is instead of paying their workers higher wages, which can have all sorts of negative economic impact, (especially if they paid them at western rates), they give them other benefits instead - such as a day off once a week. It's apparently incredible how much of a difference it makes to morale.

ArchangelShrike
Rodan's Title

Postby ArchangelShrike » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:26 pm UTC

Currently reforms are underway to also promote healthy lifestyles/exercise with benefits, lowered insurance rates, and a point exchange system. Funny that.

justbecause

Postby justbecause » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:20 pm UTC

It makes me a bit sad to see that I am one of only 3 people who would only buy this stuff. When it comes to something I need, like daily food, or orthotically correct shoes, I'll compromise, but this would be a (totally rockin') t-shirt from the intertubes, with added shipping and handling... "sweatshop" is the factor that tips the scales for me. If I'm compromising and buying sweatshop clothing, it's for price reasons, and that means the t-shirt is prolly coming from Sally's or Goody's Boutique.

Necroing a long dead SB thead with a guilt trip: No

-Az

Return to “Serious Business”