Articles about re: sex robots

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:24 am UTC

Creepy love dolls business opens up a brothel staffed entirely of sex robot workers.

Wait WHAT you just say to me boys a/The Sun?

And I dunno how I feel re: robot sex workers. Then I outta a job? Real womyn like me can't pleases anyone like a robot sex worker can. It's like... they never get old or get diseases. They know all the etiquette encyclopedia like. They don't have minds sicknesses or physical disabilities or get dental problems. The cards are laid out: In the futures I bet I be out of a job forever and ever amen. B/C LUMIDOLLS wanna "take over the brothels business" and push young ladies like me OUT OF business. With spooky looking love dolls that know exactly how to please all men and women b/c they're superior products of the future.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:01 pm UTC

Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:43 pm UTC

So first you are complaining about how terrible porn and the sex industry is. Now you are complaining those industries will basically end?

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:45 pm UTC

It does seem rather contradictory I know? Sighs. Well, I don't really, truly enjoy being a sex worker most of them time yet. It the only job I can do adequately... and while I think it's terrible-terrible, demeaning, tiring and exhausting work that f**ks me up re: EVERY. LITTLE. Relationships issues and sex issues... I still Need to work in the sex industries to live so. Yes, I think it's terrible works AND I think it shouldn't end, so, like I not out of the Only Job I qualified for now?
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:52 pm UTC

So many questions about that industry. Can I ask a few, even if it's a bit personal?

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:56 pm UTC

Yes you may. I not... the most experiences though and... I have mostly straight, males clients that wanna... pretend they not gay when they having anal sex with a womyn that was born a boy? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha my clients be ALL MESSED UP. So: Yes, you may ask, and I'll try to answer as best as I can.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:12 pm UTC

Who are typically the best and worst clients?
Do pimps actually provide a service to you?
How do you advertise? Online, word of mouth, etc?
Do you operate out of your own place, your clients places, or somewhere else?
Which trans workers make more, pre or post op? Are your clients looking for trans in particular?
Why does such a high percentage of trans go into sex work, or is that just a visibility thing?
What do sex workers often do when they get older?
How do you check clients for disease?
Is the "black myth" true or false?
Are clients ugly or average looking for their ages? Older or younger?
Are clients often looking for things besides sex, e.g., emotional attachment, etc?

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:28 pm UTC

Spoilers re: CorruptUser's questions about bein' a naughty, bad, bad scarlet sex worker woman/girl.

Spoiler:
1. Typically the "best" clients are the ones that don't view a sex worker as THEIRS when they buy him or her and just... treat the encounter like a regular hook-up. Complete with respect re: what I wanna do for their monies and what I don't wanna do for ANY monies. THE "Worst" clients are the ones... w/not asking permission before they tie you up or sex you up, not checking to see if they're hurting your lady butt or vagina or w/evs... and just. Do whatever they pleases 'cause THEY THINK THEY OWN u just 'cause they bought ur times? </3 for those worstest clients.

2. Never had a pimp, I never even told anyone except secret clients I was a sex worker, BUT: Pimps can provide protection from abusive clients, a way to regulate who you see, and in general can advertise for you businesses dealings or find you clients you wouldn't otherwise have found BUT. Some pimps are abusive dogs-pigs that wanna... own their girls forever and ever and NEVER let them act outside the bounds of what HE OR SHE says is acceptable... lest they get pimp-slapped or worse.

3. I advertise primarily online through dating websites or sex websites, word of mouth, and occasionally when ppls call my number and asks about it?

4. I operate out of my own home OR my clients' homes if they let me in. Operating out of your own home can be handy for reducing unwanted hitting on while you out NOT looking for works, and operating out of your clients' homes just seems natural when you in town away from Your Home... and that all depends on if they comfortable letting u in or they wanna go to your home?

5. Some men and women do seek out male-to-female transsexuals specifically, it's even a fetishes now, and... I hardly made any monies w/a penis I am betting post-operations transsexuals make WAY, WAY more than I ever did. I'm just lucky that... estrogens, like, gave me tiny breasts and a more hourglass figure... just wish they would've changed my voices' pitches too. Sighs. </3

6. Transgender women are treated very harshly by society and even pushed out of legit businesses if they looking for jobs, told to cut their hairs short, told to wear males' clothings and so on... or at least, whenever I LOOK FOR A LEGAL JOB... I don't get it b/c they are looking for womyn born womyn ONLY to serve their foods and drinks, clean their tables, clean their houses or w/evs.

7. When I get older... I dunno how I gonna make monies? No one, outside of granny fetishes ppls, wanna date/fuck/even KISS OR touches... an older sex worker. Unless they like GMILFs.

8. I don't if they have diseases I shall just get them anyways? You can ASK them to test themselves yet... most take that as offenses to their manly penises and flat out refuse, meaning, if they had sexual diseases or whatever? I would be infected whether I likes it or not.

9. "Black myth" what's that? I ain't a black fem I's a lily white redheaded freckled fem.

10. Average and ugly clients I've dated and had sex w/for monies usually... want younger or about their ages women. Usually younger.

11. Some clients wanna have emotional attachments w/you... date you after the fact, be your sugar daddies and mommies or whatevs... I... have a policy of not dating my clients mostly? Unless. They VERY VERY attractive, nice and financially secure... and own a home I can go back to whenever I need a break from mine. Some clients are looking for fetish plays and not actual sex re: spanking dominatrixing, which is the bulks of my works... bein' an UNwilling dominatrix. Sometimes they are just looking for a woman to submit to some deep, non-sexual, personal fantasy they have. Or are just looking for deep and intimate conversations ABOUT their sex lives and not actual sexings?
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:43 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Black myth is the whole stereotype of black guys and dick size. So, in your experience...?

Speaking of, why do many sex workers refuse black clients?

Why do sex workers travel to different towns?

What laws and regulations would you say would help sex workers?
Assuming legalization...
...sex worker registration and licensing, to weed out trafficking?
...monthly health checkups?
...some sort of background check system for both clients and workers, i.e., no one on a registry?
...prosecuting clients who use unregistered workers?
...other?

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:00 pm UTC

Spoiler:
1. Black guys can have any range of penises sizes. They are NOT all huge-dick monsters w/gigantic penises but. In general they seem to be bigger than the white guys I do it with so? And black men hate me and black women are always, forever nice to me... it's strange.

2. I assume... a white sex worker would refuse b/c... she's never dated or Even Met much black ppls, she may see them as exotic, Others and threatening? Or the stereotypes about how ALL Black Men... are jailbirds waitin' to happen? So she may refuse black clients b/c she has no loving experiences w/them.

3. I travel to the nearest town b/c I live in the forest... 8 miles away from it and... NO ONE is out there to have sex with monies or not. So I am FORCE to travel to do my job effectively, where Actual Peoples and Not Animals Live. B/c animals can't give you monies for sexes... and bestiality is totes illegal.

4. I'd say: Registration and licensing could be good, to weed out trafficking as you say, yet it could also be abuse re: Using licenses to spy/track on sex workers, police their behaviors w/new laws, making sure if they ever "commit a crimes on their clients" that Everyone. Knows who. They are when the trials are over so. In general I'm against licensing and registrations but am FOR reducing trafficking.

a.) Yes, I support background checks and no sex offenders dating/fucking sex workers. It's just good businesses practices, as Lord Cutler Beckett would say.
b.) Monthly health checkups are good and can stop diseases so I supports those.
c.) Actually prosecuting a client for using a woman who not on an oppressive, spying government registry? Maybe Maybe? Depends on what he or she did to the poor woman/girl? And the choices to prosecute or not should always, forever, always be the victims' choices and NOT the town's choices or the prosecutors' choices.
d.) I would like it to be a law that sex workers have legal recourse when a client abuses them, maybe not sending the client to courts, but maybe, maybe getting the cops to come tell them to leave that poor, sex working girls alone? I'd support that kind of laws to Heaven and Back. <3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
natraj
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 pm UTC
Location: away from Omelas

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby natraj » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:28 pm UTC

-a high number of trans folk get into sex work because it's hard for us to get work other places, frequently.
-‎many sex workers don't see black clients because racism.
-‎decriminalization is way better for sex workers than legalization. licensing and registration would not weed out trafficking, it would just push trafficked people further underground as is the current situation and establish a hierarchy where people with means can be legal sex workers and people without are criminalized
-‎different towns have different markets, in some places you can charge more for various demographics or services or simply the fact that you're a new face people don't see much
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:35 pm UTC

natraj wrote:-‎decriminalization is way better for sex workers than legalization. licensing and registration would not weed out trafficking, it would just push trafficked people further underground as is the current situation and establish a hierarchy where people with means can be legal sex workers and people without are criminalized

Yes, I think natraj is right, 'cause... right now it hard for me to be a sex worker, I don't even have enough monies to always look as sexy as my clients wanna, so. If it had licenses and registrations then the rich peoples would just take over and poor people would be pushed out... 'cause, like, they cannot afford to buy those licenses and registration fees? </3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 pm UTC

My idea behind licensing is that it would create a very easy way to separate regular johns from rapists and the like. Hiring an unlicensed sex worker when legal and regulated workers are available? Just assume they know they are participating in sex slavery and/or pedophilia, whether or not that's actually the case, and prison/registry it is.

We kind of have precedent for that in the form of statutory rape laws, where it's entirely possible for a 15 year old and a 40 year old to have a loving healthy relationship but it's simpler to just arrest the 40 year old and call it a day. Then there's the fact that the justice system as a whole kind of assumes you are guilty of more than what's proven, e.g., you are caught robbing one house, it's assumed you robbed multiple houses and are punished for multiple even though only one is proven, or my favorite case, several sleeping homeless people were murdered by hammer to the head, so the police set up a sting with a mannequin disguised as a sleeping homeless man, and caught a guy bashing the mannaquin. All the evidence linking him to the actual murders is circumstantial, and the only crime he was proven to commit is vandalism, which depending on the state may only be a misdemeanor. So, what do you do? The actual result was a plea bargain, thankfully, but it's a great case for discussing hypothetical when it comes to the philosophy behind the justice system.

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:14 pm UTC

Clients can lie and cover up their rapists tendencies, even when applying for licenses at businesses, so... I just assume they'd try to hide any sexual misdeeds they done in the past, UNLESS thorough background checks were applied. And yes, the justice system tends to go on whether you were caught doing something bad or confessed to it, rather than what Your Actual Crimes Are. So that's a problem. I just... well, it seems like a good idea on paper, yet I can see ppls looking for sex workers hiding all their sex misconducts, unless a thorough and invasive brushing over of THEIR ENTIRE criminal history occurs, so that would break the hypothetical system. HOWEVER: I really don't think sex work should be any kind of crime at all, even a misdemeanor, so I would push for reduced sentences for anyone caught doing illegal sex works.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:22 pm UTC

I don't think anyone here thinks being a prostitute should be illegal, or at least we don't think it should be severely punishable.

You don't need a thorough background check on johns. Just a government ID that cross checks with a sex offender registry. If the john dealt drugs, that's probably not too relevant, but if he was convicted of rape then definitely something a worker would want to know.

User avatar
Ginger
Posts: 1029
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:28 pm UTC

Yes, I guess that's true. I still have one problem however: Sex offenders' registries. I don't, like, think even a man... or a woman or a teen girl... convicted of rape, sexual abuses, should HAVE TO go on a government list and tell every. one: Where they live, all their crimes, and... so. I don't even wanna get my clients checked out too thoroughly OR ELSE I feel like I am oppressing their sexual needs and wants and like: I Come Close to being arrested for touching and/or kissing totes inapprops so... I don't wanna force even the nastiest, vilest, rapists men and womens to be on... oppressive gov. lists that tell every one who you are and what you done. It's not their businesses THEY CAN ASK ME if they wanna know re: I touched, kissed, or sexed a man or woman totally and wildly inappropriately? Our societies today and tonight are TOO FOCUSED ON RE: womens' and girls' sex behaviors, whether they wanna be rape or just have rape fantasies, whether they dress or act appropriately when dealing with... especially men and sometimes women who MAY NOT BE acting appropriately themselves?

WAY, WAY less morals laws all over the places I support re: our sex cultures in general.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.


Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm UTC

I support registries. I don't support excessive restrictions on where they live and work, and there should be some sort of automatic rule where if more than 80% of the city is "within 1000 feet of a school/park" then every place is open to offenders.

As for letting potential lovers and sex workers know about your past history? Tough shit. From a purely sociopathic and narcissistic POV, women that have been traumatized by rape or fear being traumatized by rape are probably less likely to go out on dates or go home with a guy they meet, which reduces my ability to date or take someone home. To say nothing of the women themselves. So rapists having more trouble dating? Cry me a river.

User avatar
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy
Posts: 3618
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Location: where the wind takes me

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby EdgarJPublius » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm UTC

Isn't the recidivism rate for sex-offenders generally much lower than the average of other classifications of offenders?
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:36 pm UTC

Reported recidivism rate. Most rapes are not reported, and rapes are relatively rare to begin with, at least the "jump out of the bushes" rapes are rare. Even serial rapists aren't raping someone new every night, or even every month. If only 10% are caught raping again, that's still scarily high. Theft is much more common, it's not like a shoplifter hits a convenience store and is set for a year, so the sheer number of thefts will result in a thief eventually being caught. Murder has the lowest recidivism rate, IIRC, but that's more because murder is so rare to begin with, and the reason for murder is much more complex than "I just needed to murder someone today".

Registries, imho, were a great idea that was so terribly implemented. Should be available for background checks of specific job roles, not completely public, and not able to bar the person from living in 95% of the entire city. In my hometown, the only place that wasn't too close to a school or park was across from the baseball stadium...

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 pm UTC

EdgarJPublius wrote:Isn't the recidivism rate for sex-offenders generally much lower than the average of other classifications of offenders?


Exactly the opposite. Sex offenders are essentially incurable and irredeemable.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:32 pm UTC

bantler wrote:
EdgarJPublius wrote:Isn't the recidivism rate for sex-offenders generally much lower than the average of other classifications of offenders?


Exactly the opposite. Sex offenders are essentially incurable and irredeemable.


Going to need a cite on that claim.

Sex offenders do so for a variety of reasons, many of which involve things like not understanding what is consent, not necessarily because they are uncontrollable rape-beasts with no concept of the rights of other humans.

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:Sex offenders do so for a variety of reasons, many of which involve things like not understanding what is consent, not necessarily because they are uncontrollable rape-beasts with no concept of the rights of other humans.


That's exactly what they are. Consider the recent torrent of allegations in the media. Every offender uncovers a long pattern of abuse against anyone they can get there hands on for as long as they can get away with it. The only way to reduce predator recidivism is to limit their contact to potential victims.

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:15 pm UTC

That's because they got away with it for so long, some of whom didn't even know they were doing anything wrong; the casting couch existed before Weinstein showed up, he probably thought it was a perk that was supposed to come with the job. Show me evidence that convicted, punished sex offenders almost always revert to rape after serving time, versus just being a higher risk than average of offending.

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:25 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:That's because they got away with it for so long, some of whom didn't even know they were doing anything wrong; the casting couch existed before Weinstein showed up, he probably thought it was a perk that was supposed to come with the job. Show me evidence that convicted, punished sex offenders almost always revert to rape after serving time, versus just being a higher risk than average of offending.


Offenders know full well they are abusing their power..
You're correct. The rate for repeat rapists is only about 25%. That is not "almost always".
Frighteningly high recidivism rate for a violent-crime, considering the level of post incarceration monitoring.

The reality is if you live next door to a convicted sex offender, they are plotting to abuse at the first opportunity.

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:I don't think anyone here thinks being a prostitute should be illegal, or at least we don't think it should be severely punishable.


I don't know if you're playing devil's advocate or if I genuinely disagree with you on most topics...

Of course prostitution should be illegal. It is illegal in most states for very good reasons.
It's already a minor infraction and I guess that's fine.

User avatar
The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP
Posts: 6995
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:43 am UTC
Location: behind you

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby The Great Hippo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:37 pm UTC

bantler wrote:That's exactly what they are. Consider the recent torrent of allegations in the media. Every offender uncovers a long pattern of abuse against anyone they can get there hands on for as long as they can get away with it. The only way to reduce predator recidivism is to limit their contact to potential victims.
There's a lot of terrible things being said in this thread, so I don't want to give the impression that this is somehow "the worst thing"; it's just the thing that finally prompted me to post. Like, imagine a bunch of kids slapping a sleeping bear with a stick; this is just that one final tiny poke that gets the bear to wake up, snatch the stick away, and snap it in half.

The idea that sex offenders are "incurable" -- that the *only way* to prevent sexual predation is to separate "predators" from their "potential prey" -- is beyond stupid. It's "we're going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" levels of stupid. It's the sort of solution I'd expect from an eight year old, except not really because even an eight year old would probably know enough to realize it's way more complicated than that.

Seriously: This is like thinking that sexual predators are some specific species of humans we can identify via genetic testing. "Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Sullivan, but we just got the fetal swab data back. It's going to be another Weinstein. When do you want to schedule your abortion?"

If you genuinely believe this, I have to think it's because of painful personal experiences (in which case, I'm sorry and sympathetic, but you're still dead wrong) or because you're one of those idiots who mistakes talking about how you'd like to kill "all those rapists" for supporting the victims of sexual assault.

User avatar
natraj
Posts: 1802
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 pm UTC
Location: away from Omelas

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby natraj » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:06 pm UTC

what are the very good reasons that transactional sex should be illegal?
You want to know the future, love? Then wait:
I'll answer your impatient questions. Still --
They'll call it chance, or luck, or call it Fate,
The cards and stars that tumble as they will.

pronouns: they or he

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8077
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Zohar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:09 pm UTC

Agreed with Hippo.

You're also ignoring the fact many (possibly most?) people in the US don't get any form of useful sexual education. How can you expect someone to understand consent without talking about it? Even someone who watches the stupid "making tea" video won't understand that consent is complicated and there are long systemic issues of power differentials between people that affect your ability to provide meaningful consent.

The point, of course, isn't that sexual offenders should be forgiven for everything they do. The point is as long as the state continues to propagate miseducation on how to have healthy adult relationships, we'll continue to have sexual predators. And our elected officials who support this are to blame as well. Someone getting assaulted is terrible, but do you really expect differently when the system encourages and even rewards people to remain ignorant?
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 9876
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 pm UTC

natraj wrote:what are the very good reasons that transactional sex should be illegal?


Other than AMAGAWD MORALS ARGLEBARGLE?

Well, I'm in favor of legal but heavily regulated sex work, but there are drawbacks. So devil, here's your advocate.

1) Casual non-monogamous sex, or really sex outside of a closed group of some kind, is a vector for disease. While this can be mitigated through screenings and protection, it does not eliminate it entirely. Not to mention the guys who refuse to use a condom. Prostitution increases this, although regulations could potentially result in slower spread of disease as workers would be tested more frequently, assuming the same amount of transactional sex occurs.
2) The demand for sex workers may outstrip supply. Legalization may reduce the stigma and increase the use of prostitution, without necessarily increasing the number of prostitutes. This extra demand is likely to be filled through human trafficking, and it's unclear how much regulation will prevent this. Unless we want to have a "guest hooker" program, and I get the impression this would NOT improve foreign relations. After all, in NYC all cabs are supposed to have a medallion, it's really fucking obvious if the medallion is missing, yet even before uber and lyft showed up so many cabs didn't have them.


And, umm, that's it. 1 actual reason that can probably have the worst parts mitigated or potentially reduced to less if legalized, 1 reason that's more hypothetical and at best a "precautionary principle" argument, and everything else is just a morals argument.

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 pm UTC

natraj wrote:what are the very good reasons that transactional sex should be illegal?


You should probably ask the represented politicians and legislators in every civilized nation in the world.
You may find an exception in the odd deviant corner (Nevada, Amsterdam) but humanity is generally united against prostitution.

The Great Hippo wrote:The idea that sex offenders are "incurable" -- that the *only way* to prevent sexual predation is to separate "predators" from their "potential prey" -- is beyond stupid. It's "we're going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it" levels of stupid. It's the sort of solution I'd expect from an eight year old, except not really because even an eight year old would probably know enough to realize it's way more complicated than that.

Society separates dangerous criminals to protect the populace. It works.
The eight year old would be correct to distance himself from offenders. He's literally the prey to the predator.

I don't want to kill offenders, but they are without doubt out to get ya.
Zohar wrote:Agreed with Hippo.

You're also ignoring the fact many (possibly most?) people in the US don't get any form of useful sexual education. How can you expect someone to understand consent without talking about it? Even someone who watches the stupid "making tea" video won't understand that consent is complicated and there are long systemic issues of power differentials between people that affect your ability to provide meaningful consent.

The point, of course, isn't that sexual offenders should be forgiven for everything they do. The point is as long as the state continues to propagate miseducation on how to have healthy adult relationships, we'll continue to have sexual predators. And our elected officials who support this are to blame as well. Someone getting assaulted is terrible, but do you really expect differently when the system encourages and even rewards people to remain ignorant?


The Government is at fault for a great deal of social ills, but the creation of sexual predators due to mis-education isn't one of them.
Everyone is responsible for their own behavior. The knowledge of Right and Wrong is not created by politicians.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8077
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Zohar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 pm UTC

bantler wrote:
natraj wrote:what are the very good reasons that transactional sex should be illegal?


You should probably ask the represented politicians and legislators in every civilized nation in the world.
You may find an exception in the odd deviant corner (Nevada, Amsterdam) but humanity is generally united against prostitution.

Rewind 30 years and let's talk about LGBTQ. "Because it's illegal" is not a a legitimate reason for something to be immoral.

The Government is at fault for a great deal of social ills, but the creation of sexual predators due to mis-education isn't one of them.
Everyone is responsible for their own behavior. The knowledge of Right and Wrong is not created by politicians.

Again, I'm not saying there's no responsibility to the predators - quite the opposite. But if politicians are perpetuating wrong ideas about what constitutes a legitimate relationship, then yeah they're most definitely accomplices.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?
Posts: 1946
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 am UTC
Location: Alien-lizard city, Panama

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Weeks » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 pm UTC

bantler wrote:You should probably ask the represented politicians and legislators in every civilized nation in the world.
You may find an exception in the odd deviant corner (Nevada, Amsterdam) but humanity is generally united against prostitution.
I'm sorry what? Is that really an argument? "I think prostitution should be illegal, because it is illegal in many places"?
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.
natraj wrote:i have a bizarre mental block against the very idea of people enjoying mint and chocolate together.

morriswalters
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:21 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby morriswalters » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 pm UTC

bantler wrote:The knowledge of Right and Wrong is not created by politicians.
No they just do the punishment part. Right and wrong is a social construct, more or less. Unless of course you think it's handed down from the Great Random Number Generator. And if you do you believe in magic and lack only a wand. I bet you would like Bright.

natraj wrote:what are the very good reasons that transactional sex should be illegal?
The only one that comes to mind is pimps. Shoot all of them and I can get behind it. Also weed out those who are working for drugs. You obviously can't make informed decisions if you're in the thrall of narcotics. OK, that's all.

About sex robots. Cut out the middleman and go directly to brain stimulation. Larry Niven suggested what is perhaps the most gruesome theoretical device ever developed, the tasp. Bless him.

User avatar
Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.
Posts: 1113
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Liri » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 pm UTC

There are a few, some might say several, things that are now legal that were once illegal.
There's a certain amount of freedom involved in cycling: you're self-propelled and decide exactly where to go. If you see something that catches your eye to the left, you can veer off there, which isn't so easy in a car, and you can't cover as much ground walking.

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm UTC

I've stumbled into a Bizzaro world where people have no concept of reality. Or pretend not to.

User avatar
Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?
Posts: 1946
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 am UTC
Location: Alien-lizard city, Panama

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Weeks » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:14 pm UTC

bantler wrote:The Government is at fault for a great deal of social ills, but the creation of sexual predators due to mis-education isn't one of them.
Everyone is responsible for their own behavior. The knowledge of Right and Wrong is not created by politicians.
I agree, but I think what is meant is that the people in power should make sure everyone knows about consent and other sex-ed topics, but they are currently failing hard at it, so that doesn't help.

ninja edit:
bantler wrote:I've stumbled into a Bizzaro world where people have no concept of reality. Or pretend not to.
lol.
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.
natraj wrote:i have a bizarre mental block against the very idea of people enjoying mint and chocolate together.

User avatar
The Great Hippo
Swans ARE SHARP
Posts: 6995
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:43 am UTC
Location: behind you

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby The Great Hippo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 pm UTC

bantler wrote:I've stumbled into a Bizzaro world where people have no concept of reality. Or pretend not to.
Yes, that's what the world looks like to a toddler when they stumble into a room full of adults speaking.

If your explanation for the immorality of prostitution ends at "A lot of places made it illegal, so it must be bad", then you're either trolling or *breathtakingly* ignorant.
morriswalters wrote:The only one that comes to mind is pimps. Shoot all of them and I can get behind it.
I'm not going to even pretend I know anything about transactional sex, but I'd wager good money this sort of reductionist approach would not benefit sex workers.

Pimps likely exist for a reason; I'm sure some of them are horrible, just as I'm sure some of them aren't. I suspect a lot of the horribleness is a result of how we treat transactional sex as an intrinsically illegal, immoral, and degrading act; it makes sense that the management in an illegal industry with a deep social stigma attached toward the mere existence of its working class would sometimes be exploitative and cruel.

We see this in pretty much every industry; the difference with pimps is probably that the workers have no legal recourse. Really, though, how is this relationship much different than American businesses prior to unions? Bosses can treat workers like a resource to exploit. Some are good, some are bad, some are fucking horrible.

If you want to fix it, the correct method is not to shoot the management; it's to empower the workers.

User avatar
bantler
Posts: 238
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby bantler » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:21 am UTC

All the normal places made it illegal. All of them. It's basic human dignity and doesn't equate with racist or bigoted laws.

You have to have pimps to keep the Johns in-line. Without the threat of violence they'll damage the commodities.
The entire system fails without brutality. And you pretend to not understand.

elasto
Posts: 3460
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 1:53 am UTC

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby elasto » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:30 am UTC

Outside of certain religious fanatics, most people accept that it's fine for adults to have consensual sex with whoever they choose. It's also fine for adults to give their money to whoever they choose. But for some reason it's wrong for adults to have consensual sex and accept money for it..?

Should we also make it illegal for people to marry for money..?

Sure, educate people as to the upsides and downsides of doing stuff that may damage them psychologically, but plenty of jobs do that. You think working in a call centre for minimum wage is good for the soul..? How about being on the front line in a warzone..?

Everyone has a different tolerance for sh*tty jobs; Everyone should be free to choose what line of work is least sh*tty for them. Cos maybe someone would be happier working a couple of hours a week as an escort than 40 hours a week flipping burgers. Not everyone, obviously. Maybe not even 99% of people. But for some.

And rather than drawing an arbitrary line saying 'I'd hate to do this job so I must deny everyone else the freedom to choose it', allow anything but just provide decent damn safety nets so that people can turn down work that would damage them, no matter what kind of work it is.
Last edited by elasto on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Chen
Posts: 5434
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 pm UTC
Location: Montreal

Re: Articles about re: sex robots

Postby Chen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:35 am UTC

bantler wrote:All the normal places made it illegal. All of them. It's basic human dignity and doesn't equate with racist or bigoted laws.


Off the top of my head, Netherlands, Germany, Australia and I believe Nevada in the US all have legal prostitution. Im sure there are other "nornal" places too.


Return to “News & Articles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests