Hiker never gave up fight, Hilton said

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

opsomath

Hiker never gave up fight, Hilton said

Postby opsomath » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:02 pm UTC

RIP, Meredith Emerson. I used to train with this girl, and even though this forum is more dedicated to nerd stories (and I love it for it) I felt her courage deserved to be remembered.

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro ... nform_artr

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: Hiker never gave up fight, Hilton said

Postby Moo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:55 pm UTC

That is a really sad story. I don't want to take anything away from her very admirable courage, how dispicable Hilton is, or the sympathy I feel for her friends and family - but it makes me realise once again that I should in those circumstances just give him the damn card and PIN - and if someone likes that wants to kill you they will anyway, but if they really just want the cash they might not.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Blubb3r3ng3l

Postby Blubb3r3ng3l » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 pm UTC

It is astonishing the lack of remorse that guy has for the whole deal. I can't say I almost ever support the death penalty, but this kind of a case makes me want to just forget I don't like death. What a despicable man.

'Raped her because he was angry he came back from the bank empty-handed.'

ugh.
Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way; she understands Her own affairs better than we ~ Montaigne
embarrass the hell out of me
The only emotion ducks can feel is hate. -__Kit

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 pm UTC

If I recall (and this I'm hearing from my sister's account of local Atlanta news), he's being extradited to Florida for another murder charge there. If that's the case, his bargain with GBI prosecutors not to seek the death penalty might not hold.

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment about this event. I think everything else has already been said. KF
~Kizyr

Return to “News & Articles”