Lastest in a long line of bizarre current eventy thingies.

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

muteKi
Angry is too weak a term. Try "Fluffy".

Lastest in a long line of bizarre current eventy thingies.

Postby muteKi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:41 pm UTC

Basically, this is the single most insane thing I have read in the past few days.Not really sure what to make of it. I mean, if its okay for them to make regulations against having it on one's shirt, I don't see what makes this any different outside of the fact that he's not wearing it. If you bring this in favor of the guy with the sign, you have to get rid of similar regulations in the dress code; otherwise, you are being a hypocrite.

However, I think I ought to add that I don't want to appear in favor of either side because the one in favor of the sign seems moronic (I still don't see any real point to this outside of some dumb puerile humor), and the other too radical (i.e., when you've got Bush for you, who, outside of perhaps the enitre civlized and uncivilized world, can be against you?).
Last edited by muteKi on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

FiddleMath

Postby FiddleMath » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:22 pm UTC

I'm concerned that society thinks, as a whole, that the messages one can see in school should be carefully regulated. Aren't you supposed to be there to learn? Shouldn't you, then, welcome opportunities for good arguments about real subjects?

If we curtail free speech in schools, where can't we curtail free speech?

Return to “News & Articles”