Girl throwing puppies in river...

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Pansori

Girl throwing puppies in river...

Postby Pansori » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:50 am UTC

4Chan is on the hunt:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... river.html

I dare not look at the video, seeing the pics is hard enough. :cry:

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Re: Girl throwing puppies in river...

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:02 am UTC

I hope she gets help.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:31 am UTC

I remember listening to a This American Life radio show which concerned some Iraqi teens who had been in regular contact with this American couple, and one of the boys was really upset that in Western society we place so much value on dogs and give them homes and names and expensive food and all that. I mean, this women is meant to be Eastern European? Not everyone values dogs the way we do. I don't think these pictures are indicative of mental health issues.

And what's the other option? Give them to the council so the dog can be killed where we don't have to see it? What's the difference? Drowning a dog is more responsible than letting the puppies become strays.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

elasto

Postby elasto » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:35 am UTC

(Disclaimer: I haven't watched the video either. Don't like snuff videos of any creature...)

As I read in another thread, it all depends on why she was doing it - her mindset. If she got pleasure from it - or that was her entire motivation - then, yes, she is a sick, potentially very dangerous individual. A lot of serial killers start off by killing animals. However, if she gains no pleasure from it there's probably nothing wrong with her at all. We put down animals in many situations for many reasons, including because they are simply unwanted pets, and noone would suggest there's anything sick about a slaughterhouse-man killing for food, or a vet killing a creature in pain, or a pound employee killing an unwanted pet.

As was pointed out to me, someone growing up in the country surrounded by animals, killing the animals they've raised for food, killing other animals because they are pests - well, someone like that simply isn't going to be as squeamish as the likes of me when it comes to killing unwanted pets. Quite honestly, it's probably me and my ilk who are the outliers when it comes to the emotional reaction to animals being killed. For most humans through most of human history, being overly empathetic towards animals, as I probably am in truth, would have been detrimental to survival. Being somewhat (not completely) cold is actually a good survival trait. So, basically, don't assume a lack of squeamishness on her part implies actual pleasure from the act. Unless there's something on the video showing actual pleasure, it shouldn't necessarily be assumed - and if there's no pleasure, well, there's probably nothing wrong with her as a person.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:45 am UTC

If she was just putting down an unwanted animal then why video tape it and upload it to the net? The caption also notes; "Wearing a red hoodie, the woman appears almost gleeful during the clip". I have not seen the clip or heard what was said during the clip, or seen any authors comments about the video. But going on this information I find it unlikely it was just a demonstration of a cost free, easy cleanup method of disposing of unwanted animals (for all those people who can't get rid of their bitch's pups, I guess).
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 am UTC

elasto wrote:As I read in another thread, it all depends on why she was doing it - her mindset. If she got pleasure from it - or that was her entire motivation - then, yes, she is a sick, potentially very dangerous individual.

I once ran over a pigeon with my car. I thought it was funny. I don't call that being a sick, twisted individual, I call that being an adolescent. Besides which, we regularly perform animal abuse for food production, like with industrial pig farming and making foie gras, but I don't see many people giving up bacon or delicious, creamy liver in the interests of minimizing animal cruelty. Are all farmers and abattoir workers sick, dangerous individuals?

elasto wrote:For most humans through most of human history, being overly empathetic towards animals, as I probably am in truth, would have been detrimental to survival. Being somewhat (not completely) cold is actually a good survival trait.

Every time you indulge in wishy-washy speculation about evolutionary psychology a scientist gets a migraine.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I feel like you're probably an ocelot, and I feel like I want to eat you. Feeling is fun!
this isn't my cow

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:11 am UTC

Pez Dispens3r wrote:I once ran over a pigeon with my car. I thought it was funny. I don't call that being a sick, twisted individual, I call that being an adolescent.

Do you, however, go out of your way to find pigeons to run over while you film it to upload to the internet?

I don't think she is sick or dangerous... the armchair psychiatrist in me just says it's just something done to get attention.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:23 am UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Do you, however, go out of your way to find pigeons to run over while you film it to upload to the internet?

I don't think she is sick or dangerous... the armchair psychiatrist in me just says it's just something done to get attention.

There's a time I might have. My high school had a hobby farm for teaching agricultural science, and students would regularly yell at and hit sheep, turkeys, chickens, etc. If camera phones were common back then, I could imagine someone filming the abuse and showing people for their amusement.
this isn't my cow

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:52 am UTC

You say you haven't watched the video. I have. It's... disturbing.

She's not humanely dispatching unwanted animals here, she's shouting "WHEEEE!" as the puppies fly into the river, giggling and having a good old laugh about it with whoever is behind the camera. The puppies know what's happening to them too, as the ones in the bucket start squealing after the first is thrown away. I could understand simply holding them underwater - they may not be able to support a family of pups and it would be more humane than turning them loose to the wild to suffer worse deaths there. But the video makes it look like she's doing it for fun.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

elasto

Postby elasto » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:23 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:You say you haven't watched the video. I have. It's... disturbing.

She's not humanely dispatching unwanted animals here, she's shouting "WHEEEE!" as the puppies fly into the river, giggling and having a good old laugh about it with whoever is behind the camera. The puppies know what's happening to them too, as the ones in the bucket start squealing after the first is thrown away. I could understand simply holding them underwater - they may not be able to support a family of pups and it would be more humane than turning them loose to the wild to suffer worse deaths there. But the video makes it look like she's doing it for fun.
Ah well, in that case, yes, she's a pretty sick individual. Doesn't mean she wont grow out of it, or that she'd necessarily take the same casual attitude towards human suffering, but I'd be paying close attention to her if I were a relative.

Pez wrote:Besides which, we regularly perform animal abuse for food production, like with industrial pig farming and making foie gras, but I don't see many people giving up bacon or delicious, creamy liver in the interests of minimizing animal cruelty. Are all farmers and abattoir workers sick, dangerous individuals?
Maybe you skipped over my post, because that was the point I myself made.

Pez wrote:Every time you indulge in wishy-washy speculation about evolutionary psychology a scientist gets a migraine.
I'm really not sure what's controversial about saying being overly empathetic towards animals is a negative survival trait. For example, I can't bring myself to kill spiders. If I was in a primitive hunter-gatherer society and took the same attitude towards some poisonous spider crawling around my hut, I'd be at a definite disadvantage compared to someone less empathetic. I very much doubt I could catch, kill, skin and cook an animal myself. So I'd be reliant on others doing it for me. If noone did, then perhaps I'd begin to starve and become less able to take care of myself in other ways. I can't see how that would be an advantage in evolutionary terms.

If some evolutionary psychologist wants to get a migraine over that I suggest they take an aspirin.

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am UTC

elasto wrote:I'm really not sure what's controversial about saying being overly empathetic towards animals is a negative survival trait. For example, I can't bring myself to kill spiders. If I was in a primitive hunter-gatherer society and took the same attitude towards some poisonous spider crawling around my hut, I'd be at a definite disadvantage compared to someone less empathetic. I very much doubt I could catch, kill, skin and cook an animal myself. So I'd be reliant on others doing it for me. If noone did, then perhaps I'd begin to starve and become less able to take care of myself in other ways. I can't see how that would be an advantage in evolutionary terms.

If some evolutionary psychologist wants to get a migraine over that I suggest they take an aspirin.

Migraine upcoming. Please don't abuse evolutionary psychology, it has a hard time already.

your inability to kill a spider is much more easily explained as a product of society, than something that has a evolved. Our current society has the luxury to be able to be squeamish like that, but in a all likelihood if you had lived in a society where hunting and killing animals was something that was necessary to survive, you would have been brought up in a way where you had been able to do so.

Not to mention that I would like to point out, that almost invariably people that say "I could never do X to survive" is plenty capable of even the most heinous crimes if their life depends on it.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

RabbitWho

Postby RabbitWho » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:39 am UTC

She has a very generic face. I don't think anyone will catch her. Intentional animal cruelty like this is an almost sure sign of a sociopath.

You know.. even if I didn't love animals.. even if I outright hated them.. I think 4chan would be enough of a reason for me to never so much as forget to feed one. *shudder*

Duban

Postby Duban » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 pm UTC

I don't like dogs for a number of reasons but there has to be something wrong with anyone who tortures a higher order animal for pleasure. There's a reason a lot of sociopaths start with this kind of behavior.
It is not the gods I fear. No, It is those who claim to speak for them that concern me.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 pm UTC

RabbitWho wrote:She has a very generic face. I don't think anyone will catch her. Intentional animal cruelty like this is an almost sure sign of a sociopath.

You know.. even if I didn't love animals.. even if I outright hated them.. I think 4chan would be enough of a reason for me to never so much as forget to feed one. *shudder*

Supposedly, people already know her location and have found her facebook. Along with her general location.

/b/ can be resourceful when it wants to be.

Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!

Postby Hawknc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:25 pm UTC

elasto wrote:Pez wrote:
Besides which, we regularly perform animal abuse for food production, like with industrial pig farming and making foie gras, but I don't see many people giving up bacon or delicious, creamy liver in the interests of minimizing animal cruelty. Are all farmers and abattoir workers sick, dangerous individuals?
Maybe you skipped over my post, because that was the point I myself made.

There is a difference between killing an animal for food and intentionally causing it pain for your own amusement. An abattoir worker killing a cow for food: fine. An abattoir worker beating a cow with a baseball bat before killing it: not fine. There is plenty of actual animal abuse in the farming sector, but its existence doesn't excuse this incident.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:01 pm UTC

Well, personally, while I like certain animals. I don't particularly care for the 'morality' or distinction of torturing animals for fun or killing them for food. My point is more that, as I understand it, actually going out of your way to inact violence or torture on 'higher order animals' is a behavior indicative of certain things (for instance psychological disorders brought about from being abused or witnessing abuse or violence against family members).

As I said earlier, I'm not a psychiatrist, so maybe I'm completely wrong about this (as common wisdom sometimes is). But, at least to me, torturing an animal and uploading a video of it to the internet is an behavior of someone who wants attention. "A suffering and lonely child is likely to act out."

Edit: This also reminds me of a quote from Ghost in the Shell (not sure if that was the source though). "We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice." -- I wouldn't be concerned if it was a fish being smashed on a rock or a insect being torn apart. But those without voice engender little apathy. Even if you're in a culture that doesn't value dogs, deriving pleasure from it's pain is something that (again, as far as I am aware -- someone with the real psychiatric consensus come here and make a fool out of me) is indicative of certain psychological or domestic problems. Thus, why I hope this girl gets help more than gets thrown in prison and forgot and ruined by the system.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Zamfir
I built a novelty castle, the irony was lost on some.

Postby Zamfir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:15 pm UTC

Is there really any evidence that hurting animals and hurting humans are more than vaguely related? Hurting animals cafn be just as much a sign of not seeing animals as close to humans.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 pm UTC

Zamfir wrote:Is there really any evidence that hurting animals and hurting humans are more than vaguely related? Hurting animals cafn be just as much a sign of not seeing animals as close to humans.

Popular Culture and Wikipedia says so, then again Popular culture is often wrong and wikipedia says a lot of things;
Wikipedia wrote:One of the known warning signs of certain psychopathologies, including anti-social personality disorder, also known as psychopathic personality disorder, is a history of torturing pets and small animals, a behavior known as zoosadism. According to the New York Times, "[t]he FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appears in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders.[52] "A survey of psychiatric patients who had repeatedly tortured dogs and cats found all of them had high levels of aggression toward people as well, including one patient who had murdered a young boy."[52] Robert K. Ressler, an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's behavioral sciences unit, studied serial killers and noted,"Murderers like this (Jeffrey Dahmer) very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids."[53]

Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the Macdonald triad, indicators of violent antisocial behavior in children and adolescents. According to the studies used to form this model, cruelty to animals is a common (but not with every case) behavior in children and adolescents who grow up to become serial killers and other violent criminals.

It has also been found that animal cruelty in children is frequently committed by children who have witnessed or been victims of abuse themselves. In two separate studies cited by the Humane Society of the United States roughly one-third of families suffering from domestic abuse indicated that at least one child had hurt or killed a pet.[54]

Of course, I have not read the sources and don't know if they've taken into account that the correlation could be the otherway around.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 pm UTC

Zamfir wrote:Hurting animals cafn be just as much a sign of not seeing animals as close to humans.

To take pleasure in seeing something suffer, you first have to be capable of recognizing its suffering. Someone who just doesn't care about animals will hurt them if it's useful, but won't take joy in the animal's pain. Someone doing the latter is both repellant, and also extremely worrisome.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:46 pm UTC

Pez Dispens3r wrote:And what's the other option? Give them to the council so the dog can be killed where we don't have to see it? What's the difference? Drowning a dog is more responsible than letting the puppies become strays.

For people who don't have an intimate understanding of drowning... It's VERY fucking upleasant, I can't see how you can describe it as a humane way to kill something, not least something as small and helpess as a puppy which could be given the the authorities (and given that puppies are cute, would stand a good chance of rehoming...) or at least dispatched more quickly (whilst somewhat grusome blunt force is pretty instant, and free).
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

Zamfir
I built a novelty castle, the irony was lost on some.

Postby Zamfir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm UTC

Belial wrote:
Zamfir wrote:Hurting animals cafn be just as much a sign of not seeing animals as close to humans.

To take pleasure in seeing something suffer, you first have to be capable of recognizing its suffering. Someone who just doesn't care about animals will hurt them if it's useful, but won't take joy in the animal's pain. Someone doing the latter is both repellant, and also extremely worrisome.

But isn't this a lot like the violent video games argument? It's clearly essential to violent games that they resemble, visually, real violence to human beings. Yet at the same time for the far majority of players the fact that it is not real violence is essential for their amusement. Part of the appeal is doing something you would never do, or even really want to do, in real life.

I can see being cruel to animals in a similar way: the amusement comes from doinb something that would be horrible if you did them to humans, but you are not doing it to human beings.

For me personally, puppies are too cute for this too work, but I doubt that that is a deep ethical criterium. I do think chickens without head are highly amusing, and the morbidity of it definitely part of that.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

If there were a video game that was just "No skill, no test, no *game*, just hurt this thing and watch its realistically rendered suffering", I'd be pretty fucking skeeved by that, too.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:35 pm UTC

Hawknc wrote:There is a difference between killing an animal for food and intentionally causing it pain for your own amusement. An abattoir worker killing a cow for food: fine. An abattoir worker beating a cow with a baseball bat before killing it: not fine. There is plenty of actual animal abuse in the farming sector, but its existence doesn't excuse this incident.

Completely anecdotal, of course, but I've had a conversation with an abattoir worker where he implied a lot of dark humour comes part and parcel with the job. That is, the workers take direct pleasure in the job of killing animals. Personally, I don't see how it could be any other way: you can't slaughter human-plus sized mammals all day and be completely stoic about it. Either you break down from it or you take a perverted pleasure in it. I've heard similar stuff from paramedics, who develop very confrontational ways of dealing with the reality of seeing sick, dying, and dead people every day.

I realize I'm backing myself into a corner in here, because the woman's actions now sound harsher than I originally imagined them to be, but I can't write her off as a sociopath because I happen to think puppies are cute.
Last edited by Pez Dispens3r on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
this isn't my cow

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 pm UTC

Not a sociopath, just maybe suffering and lonely. :<
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
- > No

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

TheKrikkitWars wrote:For people who don't have an intimate understanding of drowning... It's VERY fucking upleasant, I can't see how you can describe it as a humane way to kill something, not least something as small and helpess as a puppy which could be given the the authorities (and given that puppies are cute, would stand a good chance of rehoming...) or at least dispatched more quickly (whilst somewhat grusome blunt force is pretty instant, and free).

I think it's pretty common in rural areas, especially those on farms, to bag kittens or puppies and toss them in a river. Blunt force on a bunch of squirming cute things is, as I see it, a lot more sociopathic than bagging them. One belies an out of sight out of mind mentality that I feel at least indicates an understanding that the animal feels, whether or not it is the maximal pain reducer or not.
Like it or not, the idea of donating baby animals to shelters is often a much worse scenario for every party involved. When you've got a handful of feral cats living in your barn...
But yeah, if this chick is squeeing with glee as she tosses puppies, she's fucked and needs a serious talking to.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Garm

Postby Garm » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 pm UTC

Pez Dispens3r wrote:
Hawknc wrote:There is a difference between killing an animal for food and intentionally causing it pain for your own amusement. An abattoir worker killing a cow for food: fine. An abattoir worker beating a cow with a baseball bat before killing it: not fine. There is plenty of actual animal abuse in the farming sector, but its existence doesn't excuse this incident.

Completely anecdotal, of course, but I've had a conversation with an abattoir worker where he implied a lot of dark humour comes part and parcel with the job. That is, the workers take direct pleasure in the job of killing animals. Personally, I don't see how it could be any other way: you can't slaughter human-plus sized mammals all day and be completely stoic about it. Either you break down from it or you take a perverted pleasure in it. I've heard similar stuff from paramedics, who develop very confrontational ways of dealing with the reality of seeing sick, dying, and dead people every day.

I realize I'm backing myself into a corner in here, because the woman's actions now sound harsher than I originally imagined them to be, but I can't write her off as a sociopath because I happen to think puppies are cute.

At least the abattoir workers found a career that suits them.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- JFK

Pez Dispens3r
is not a stick figure.

Postby Pez Dispens3r » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:13 pm UTC

Garm wrote:At least the abattoir workers found a career that suits them.

My point was more that the career makes the personality, or at least creates the flippant attitude towards death from which I benefit as a meat eater.
this isn't my cow

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:14 pm UTC

Pez Dispens3r wrote:

Of course you're going to get jaded to it if you do it every day. That girl wasn't jaded, she was positively gleeful.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:17 pm UTC

The way she threw them into the river, the laugh and the "wheee" all point to enjoyment.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:22 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:
TheKrikkitWars wrote:For people who don't have an intimate understanding of drowning... It's VERY fucking upleasant, I can't see how you can describe it as a humane way to kill something, not least something as small and helpess as a puppy which could be given the the authorities (and given that puppies are cute, would stand a good chance of rehoming...) or at least dispatched more quickly (whilst somewhat grusome blunt force is pretty instant, and free).

I think it's pretty common in rural areas, especially those on farms, to bag kittens or puppies and toss them in a river. Blunt force on a bunch of squirming cute things is, as I see it, a lot more sociopathic than bagging them. One belies an out of sight out of mind mentality that I feel at least indicates an understanding that the animal feels, whether or not it is the maximal pain reducer or not.

Most of the older members of the farming community I know definately advocate a lump hammer (In their description the knack is apply just enough force to cause lethal concussion/broken neck whilst not actually breaking the skin) though the last time I heard of that it was putting down a load of "pest control ferrets" that had gotten to be excessively vicious... I also know of vets who'll not charge big customers like farmers for putting animals down, as they know that there's no choice, and that if they have to DIY it they risk both unnessccary suffering, and injury to the person (especially trying to shoot large animals).
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

Diadem

Postby Diadem » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:13 pm UTC

I just watched the video, and the girl looks more businesslike than gleeful, in my opinion. She's clearly disposing of unwanted puppies, instead of killing them just for fun.

In rural areas, especialy in poorer countries, animals are seen as useful objects first and pets second. Dogs are for guarding, and hunting out rats. Caring for them and keeping them as beloved pets is secondary, if it is there at all. Disposing of unwanted puppies is completely normal within such communities. Torturing animals may be a sign of antisocial personality problems in our western world. But this girl does not seem to be from that world. I doubt studies done in NY translate well to the rural areas of Croatia. And besides she's not torturing them, she's killing them. And quite businesslike. She's wearing gloves on one hand, for example. It looks like she's done it before, or seen it done before.

I won't say that it is right. But it is normal. And which culture doesn't engage in morally grey things that are only done because they are considered normal - even tradition?

Based on this video, I don't think you can say that there's anything wrong with this girl. We simply don't have enough information for such a conclusion.
It's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist
- Bernard Woolley in Yes, Prime Minister

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:36 pm UTC

Ok, I finally decided to watch the video. Yeah, she's not exactly laughing hysterically and being cheerful. She does say "Wheee~" with one, but it's not full of delight either. It could be the kind you would let out to distance yourself from the fact that you're killing puppies.

Even with all that, the pictures I've seen do make her look pretty happy. And some of those throws are more than just a 'light toss' to get them into the river. Also, what was the purpose of filming this? And then taking it further by posting it online?

Ulc

Postby Ulc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:41 pm UTC

Diadem wrote: And besides she's not torturing them, she's killing them. And quite businesslike. She's wearing gloves on one hand, for example. It looks like she's done it before, or seen it done before.

As much as I dislike what she is doing, I've got to agree. It seems entirely business on her part.

The "whee" that people have gotten so upset about doesn't really sound like she is finding it hillarious. More like the "there we go" grunt I usually let out after setting down something heavy.

I don't get the point of filming it, and posting it online either. But that might simply be a case of her not finding the act offensive, and delight over new technology.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle

A White Russian, shades and a bathrobe, what more can you want from life?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:45 pm UTC

Sure, it's more than a light toss, but.. do you know the creek? Do you know how deep it is, or the hazards that are off camera? Putting them in the middle may be the best thing, as it may insure that they cannot swim to shore/get caught on rocks and survive long enough to starve to death or get eaten by a wild animal.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Calorus

Postby Calorus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:52 pm UTC

The amount of animals put to death because they don't have owners or are of the wrong breed or have the wrong markings, or can't run anymore, or because people want to feed them 3 times the food a person could survive on, and then eat them instead...

Some twat throws some dogs in a river and a planet of of moronic hypocrites shout and wail: "It's different, they're cyuuuute!"

Really? Please.

bentheimmigrant
Dotcor Good Poster

Postby bentheimmigrant » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

Calorus wrote:The amount of animals put to death because they don't have owners or are of the wrong breed or have the wrong markings, or can't run anymore, or because people want to feed them 3 times the food a person could survive on, and then eat them instead...

Some twat throws some dogs in a river and a planet of of moronic hypocrites shout and wail: "It's different, they're cyuuuute!"

Really? Please.

Indeed, considering the number of lolcats that appear morbidly obese.
"Comment is free, but facts are sacred" - C.P. Scott

Calorus

Postby Calorus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:05 pm UTC

bentheimmigrant wrote:
Calorus wrote:The amount of animals put to death because they don't have owners or are of the wrong breed or have the wrong markings, or can't run anymore, or because people want to feed them 3 times the food a person could survive on, and then eat them instead...

Really? Please.

Indeed, considering the number of lolcats that appear morbidly obese.

Lolcats with chips?

big boss

Postby big boss » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:22 pm UTC

Its funny that when the eating meat discussion/animal cruelty discussion comes up here most people here argue that killing animals in the way that it is currently done is abhorrent and is immoral etc etc, but when it comes to this; "we can't apply our Western morals to this non-western girl." It seems like people are arbitrarily applying their morals to situations and twist them to fit their argument.
"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothing but the Rain."

Telchar
That's Admiral 'The Hulk' Ackbar, to you sir

Postby Telchar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 pm UTC

Belial wrote:

While the McDonald triad may be useful looking backward at a sociopaths history, it isn't good at being a predictor of pathology. I burned ants with a magnifying glass when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I don't have [insert pop psych slang word for a violent pathology here].
Zamfir wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. Everyone is all about presumption of innocence in rape threads. But when Mexican drug lords build APCs to carry their henchmen around, we immediately jump to criminal conclusions without hard evidence.

ProZac

Postby ProZac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:44 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Sure, it's more than a light toss, but.. do you know the creek? Do you know how deep it is, or the hazards that are off camera? Putting them in the middle may be the best thing, as it may insure that they cannot swim to shore/get caught on rocks and survive long enough to starve to death or get eaten by a wild animal.

Well, I more meant that some were thrown harder/farther than others, not that they were all tossed too roughly. Anyway, that's not really that important. The filming and posting is what leaves me wondering "wtf were you thinking?" But maybe there's something there my western brain doesn't comprehend.

Return to “News & Articles”