German insurer 'Munich Re' held orgy for salesmen!

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Re: German insurer 'Munich Re' held orgy for salesmen!

Postby Babam » Mon May 23, 2011 9:03 pm UTC

As long as everything was within local laws I don't see anything wrong with what they did. They used a reward as a motivational tool. The "stamps" were probably being done for the brothels benefit so they knew how much to charge the company after the night was over.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm UTC

Babam wrote:As long as everything was within local laws I don't see anything wrong with what they did.

I do. That's not exactly a good way to make the workplace environment better for women, for one.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Mon May 23, 2011 10:42 pm UTC

Babam wrote:As long as everything was within local laws I don't see anything wrong with what they did.

Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

Babam
the Nearly Deleted

Postby Babam » Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 pm UTC

They rewarded employees, if it had been a party where copious amount of alcohol was served you wouldn't be crying out for the poor non-drinkers who didn't get to participate because they choose not to drink. The article doesn't even mention anything about any Women present at the party other than the ones hired to be there. If I had a sale staff that was entirely male and it was legal within local laws to reward them with a party in which they could partake of legal prostitutes and I was so inclined to do just that, I would. They didn't do anything illegal, no one cried foul and it was dealt with once the company internally deemed it inappropriate. This is barely even news worthy.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig

thc

Postby thc » Tue May 24, 2011 12:07 am UTC

Okay let's start here;

...If I had a sale staff that was entirely male...

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue May 24, 2011 1:56 am UTC

Babam wrote:... if it had been a party where copious amount of alcohol was served you wouldn't be crying out for the poor non-drinkers who didn't get to participate because they choose not to drink...

Funnily enough, we did bring up that exact issue at our workplace. Not something that made the news, no, but people have definitely complained about (1) having too many work-related events that involved alcohol (e.g. being held at a pub), and (2) a large end-of-year party where alcohol was practically unlimited but soft drinks had to be paid for individually. The fact that this was an orgy rather than a booze party just means that there are additional issues with it.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

aleflamedyud
wants your cookies

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu May 26, 2011 6:55 am UTC

thc wrote:Okay let's start here;

...If I had a sale staff that was entirely male...

That could happen for reasons other than discrimination.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 pm UTC

But even if it did, for some reason, and we accepted that that was the case....

How do you think that sales staff is going to feel if/when you do get around to hiring a woman or two?

Do you imagine that they'll just be totes okay with the fact that the hooker-and-booze parties are over forever? And be mature about that, and realize, like adults, that though the arrival of women in the workplace ostensibly "triggered" that loss, it wasn't their fault and taking it out on them or driving them out would be childish and selfish and regressive?

Or would you expect them to react like the type of people who have corporate orgies and work in sales?
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 pm UTC

Women can go to brothels, too.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu May 26, 2011 1:32 pm UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Women can go to brothels, too.

If there were women on the sales team and there were male prostitutes there for them, I can't think of any real reason to be upset by this. Since there were no women on the team though I guess we won't know (well until they hire some women sales people and throw an orgy for them included).

Return to “News & Articles”