Your clothes were asking for it: Now in mens!

Seen something interesting in the news or on the intertubes? Discuss it here.

Moderators: Zamfir, Hawknc, Moderators General, Prelates

folkhero

Re: Your clothes were asking for it: Now in mens!

Postby folkhero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:18 am UTC

You dated an area with a large Incan population? That sounds sexy.
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt...

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:28 am UTC

Yes, I loved her beaches and shook her trees.

I asked her to call me "The Space Cowboy" or "The Gangster of Love", but she called me "Maurice" and that was the end of that.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:04 am UTC

folkhero wrote:
CorruptUser wrote:There's people with anti-native American biases?

I'm guessing you've never lived in an area with a large native American population

In my experience when enough people from any group or a mixture of groups gets together, All the usual stereotypes express them selves.

There are the Mean Girls.
There are the Men.
They break down into useful and useless.
There is everybody else.

White people do it.
Black people do it.
American Indians do it.

I have talked to American Indian people that are whiter than whites.
They often know it. It is so strange and a little sad.

How can you know what you do not know?
I have seen young people think. Really think.
How can we be true to our own?

It is a question almost all people ask at one time or the other.
Who are our own? It is a color or a choice?
When we are at our best, it is a choice.

If I only see white people I mimic white people.
We can chose to be better.

(shrug)It is easy to slide down the slippery slope.

Hey! How goes the Gang Wars?
Is it still a three team game?
White, Black and Hispanic?

What about the Asian Gangs?
Are they a thing of the past?
Do they play the winner?

So many question I don't want an answer to.
I wish those questions did not make sense.
But; They do.

The US has some complex circle jerks of violence.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:35 pm UTC

Zimmerman's wife (who has filed for divorce) called 911 claiming he was threatening her and her father with a gun. Hey, it worked on Trayvon, right?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2788443/
Spoiler:
Police in Lake Mary, Fla., say they are holding George Zimmerman in "investigative detention" while they investigate a 911 domestic violence call from his estranged wife.

Deputy police chief Colin Morgan says Zimmerman, who was acquitted in the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin in a case that put a spotlight on Florida's self-defense gun laws, is being held in handcuffs.

Police were investigating a call from Shellie Zimmerman, who reported that he was threatening her and her father with a gun. she filed for divorce last week.

The deputy chief said officers have not recovered a gun. "We haven't seen a gun. We have not recovered a gun that I know of,'' Morgan said.

Morgan said that when officers received the call, they understood it was from a house in the central Florida town where Zimmerman had been living.

"Of course we knew that's where George Zimmerman lived,'' Morgan said in a phone interview with USA TODAY.

"It was between him and his wife and her father,'' Morgan said. "There were some allegations that there had been assault but we could not confirm any of it. Witnesses do not want to speak to anyone until they speak to their lawyer.''

The 911 call, which Morgan described as a "domestic violence call,'' came in around 2 p.m. Monday.

"We've only heard one side of the story so far," Police Chief Steve Bracknell said, the Associated Press reported.

Morgan said that Zimmerman was cooperative but has not spoken with police.

"Zimmerman hasn't said anything,'' he said. "He's been cooperative but hasn't said anything.''

Orlando TV station WKMG reports that Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean, live at the home.

WKMG's SKY 6 helicopter of the scene shows at least a half-dozen police squad cars outside the house.

In the divorce petition, Shellie Zimmerman says she and her husband separated a month after Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, was acquitted of any crime for fatally shooting Martin, a black teenager, last July. The verdict sparked protests across the nation.

Zimmerman has been pulled over at least twice for speeding since his acquittal.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:53 pm UTC

That's, umm... idiotic. He needs his wife, so he can put all of his assets in her name when the Martin's sue him into oblivion...

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 pm UTC

http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-in-j ... socialflow

was the one I saw. I was pretty amused by it. It claimed that he was in jail due to a domestic violence incident with a gun.

In a series of updates it updated the following:
1. Not in jail.
2. No charges.
3. No use of gun.

Seriously, at some point the update should just say "we were desperate for news. So, so desperate."

What appears to have actually happened is that the Ex called 9-11 on him. Gawker also has it here, but I caution you that it's clearly significantly edited, so I'm leery of drawing too much in terms of conclusions from it.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 am UTC

CorruptUser wrote:That's, umm... idiotic. He needs his wife, so he can put all of his assets in her name when the Martin's sue him into oblivion...

The Martins may not be able to sue him. I dunno about Florida specifically, but some states don't allow a civil suit in cases of self defense where a criminal trial has already found the defendant not guilty.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 am UTC

Example?
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

JBJ

Postby JBJ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:16 pm UTC

Florida statute 776.032
(1)A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force,
The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

TheGrammarBolshevik

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:36 pm UTC

That is different from saying that an acquittal in a criminal trial is all you need to win civil immunity. My understanding is that, because of the different burden of proof, you need a separate hearing in order to win immunity under Florida law.
Not even sporange.

JBJ

Postby JBJ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 pm UTC

Ah, yes... sorry, different scope. There is no statute that provides immunity from civil action for an acquittal in general. There is immunity from civil (and criminal) action in the specific case of self defense as it applies here.

GZ's lawyers chose not to have a pre-trial self defense hearing. If they had the hearing and won then there wouldn't have been a criminal trial at all. It would also prevent any future civil suits. Since GZ argued self defense, the acquittal at trial is essentially a stand-in for the self defense hearing that never took place. It may not be an exact stand-in, but it's essentially the same outcome.
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:32 pm UTC

But these are laws we are talking about. Abusing technicalities to get the desired outcome is exactly what being a lawyer is all about!

Intent of the law? Greater Good? That's the Judge's job.

TheGrammarBolshevik

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 pm UTC

JBJ wrote:Since GZ argued self defense, the acquittal at trial is essentially a stand-in for the self defense hearing that never took place. It may not be an exact stand-in, but it's essentially the same outcome.

But are you saying that he actually has civil immunity? If so, do you have a source?
Not even sporange.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:But these are laws we are talking about. Abusing technicalities to get the desired outcome is exactly what being a lawyer is all about!

Intent of the law? Greater Good? That's the Judge's job.

Right. It *may* count, but I could see a very solid argument that it does not. No doubt this would be something to battle over and what not, making the lawyers more money.

I have little doubt that a civil trial will ultimately happen, and that the winners will be the lawyers.

JBJ

Postby JBJ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:But are you saying that he actually has civil immunity? If so, do you have a source?

No, he would still have to establish that immunity in a separate proceeding. And at that proceeding, he'd have to show that he used justifiable force (as per the previous statute). I'm just saying that a jury acquittal in a self-defense case is a pretty solid way to establish that.

TheGrammarBolshevik

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:20 pm UTC

I disagree. The acquittal only shows that the jury had some reasonable doubt about whether he used self-defense - not that they think it's particularly likely that he did.
Not even sporange.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

Tyndmyr wrote:http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-in-jail-after-domestic-violence-incide-1278931374?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_twitter&utm_source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

was the one I saw. I was pretty amused by it. It claimed that he was in jail due to a domestic violence incident with a gun.

In a series of updates it updated the following:
1. Not in jail.
2. No charges.
3. No use of gun.

Seriously, at some point the update should just say "we were desperate for news. So, so desperate."

What appears to have actually happened is that the Ex called 9-11 on him. Gawker also has it here, but I caution you that it's clearly significantly edited, so I'm leery of drawing too much in terms of conclusions from it.

Gawker: comparable to DailyMail and Pravda.

CorruptUser wrote:That's, umm... idiotic. He needs his wife, so he can put all of his assets in her name when the Martin's sue him into oblivion...

Well, she's already filing for divorce, so it's a minor possibility that his wife is lying. But assuming she's telling the truth - she already filed for divorce. Sitting down and taking it won't make it stop. It's what he SHOULD do, but lots of guys get abusive when faced with losing women they feel possessive over. It's not going to be some logical "hey, I need to put my assets in your name, cool?" thing when it's a strained relationship.
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby EdgarJPublius » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 pm UTC

Note also that Shellie Zimmerman has prior to this case been convicted of perjury (during George Zimmerman's bail hearing for the Martin case)
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title

Darryl

Postby Darryl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:24 pm UTC

EdgarJPublius wrote:Note also that Shellie Zimmerman has prior to this case been convicted of perjury (during George Zimmerman's bail hearing for the Martin case)

Note that her perjury was covering for Zimmerman
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 pm UTC

Darryl wrote:
EdgarJPublius wrote:Note also that Shellie Zimmerman has prior to this case been convicted of perjury (during George Zimmerman's bail hearing for the Martin case)

Note that her perjury was covering for Zimmerman

Granted, but it's pretty clear she's not on Zimmerman's side now. She has also since contradicted her claim on the 9-11 tape about the gun.

At this point, unless something dramatic comes out, I'm just assuming it's two people being disagreeable as those in a divorce are wont to do. It's a pity that the police's time gets wasted on such stuff, but it's pretty common.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

Tyndmyr wrote:
Granted, but it's pretty clear she's not on Zimmerman's side now. She has also since contradicted her claim on the 9-11 tape about the gun.

Source? I saw a gawker update say Police claimed there was no weapon. The call is kinda scary. https://soundcloud.com/gawker/shellie-z ... n-911-call
Edit: I found a source, but it's Fox. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/09/ge ... z2eQXnxO8s

I'm not confident that the latest story is more correct than the first one.

Tyndmyr

Postby Tyndmyr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

Last update on the gawker link I posted above. However, I do believe it was originally sourced from Fox.

It may well not be the final word, that's true, but if the cops say no gun, and she took the gun thing back... It did seem odd in the call that she did not respond to the requests for more detail about the gun.

Роберт

Postby Роберт » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

Now his girlfriend is accusing him of violence and threats with a gun.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/18/justice/f ... an-arrest/
Spoiler:
George Zimmerman charged with felony after allegedly pointing gun at girlfriend

(CNN) -- George Zimmerman was charged Monday with felony aggravated assault after allegedly pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend, according to Dennis Lemma, chief deputy with the Seminole County, Florida, Sheriff's Office.
Zimmerman, who was acquitted earlier this year of murdering teenager Trayvon Martin, was arrested after the incident at the home of Samantha Scheibe, Lemma said. He also was charged with two misdemeanors -- domestic violence battery and criminal mischief -- in connection with the same incident, Lemma said.

According to a police report on the incident, Scheibe said that after an argument Zimmerman broke a table with a shotgun then pointed it at her "for a minute."
Scheibe called 911 at 12:30 E.T., Lemma said.
On a 911 call recording released by police, a woman can be heard telling authorities: "He's inside my house breaking all my (things) because I asked him to leave."
The woman then says to someone at the house, "I'm doing this again? You just broke my glass table. You just broke my sunglasses and you put your gun in my freaking face and told me to get the (expletive) out."
A man is heard telling her to calm down, but then she tells the dispatcher that the man just pushed her out of the house and locked the door.
On a separate 911 call, a man calls to report that his girlfriend was "for lack of a better term, going crazy on me" and throwing his things out. The caller says the woman is outside with police.
When asked why he is calling, the man says, "I just want everyone to know the truth."
He says he never pulled a firearm and that it is in a bag, locked. He claims she was the one who broke the table.
When deputies arrived at the house, Scheibe gave them a key. When they pushed open the door -- which was blocked by several small pieces of furniture -- they found Zimmerman, who was sitting and unarmed, Lemma said. He was passive and cooperative, Lemma said.
The sheriff's office was seeking a search warrant to look for two guns deputies believed were inside the home, he said. According to the police report, Zimmerman had locked up the guns before police arrived.
Recent contact with authorities
This is one of several brushes that Zimmerman has had with law enforcement since he was acquitted this year of murder and manslaughter in the 2012 shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin.
Earlier this month, police in Lake Mary, Florida, said no charges would result from an alleged domestic dispute in September between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman.
Shellie Zimmerman said in September that she has doubts about his innocence in the Trayvon Martin case.
Since his acquittal in the Martin case, Zimmerman also has been stopped for speeding twice. He was pulled over the first time in Forney, Texas, in July and told the police officer he had a concealed weapon permit and a gun in his glove compartment. The officer wrote on his incident report that he gave Zimmerman a verbal warning.
Zimmerman was pulled over in early September going 60 mph in a 45-mph zone in Lake Mary and received a $256 ticket. He was not carrying a weapon at the time.
Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in the Sanford neighborhood where Zimmerman and Martin's father lived in February 2012. Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, had a confrontation with the unarmed African-American teen after calling police to report a suspicious person, and he said he shot Martin, 17, in self-defense.
Zimmerman was acquitted by a six-person jury in July on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges.
The high-profile case sparked a heated nationwide discussion of race as well as debate over Florida's "stand your ground" law.
His attorney in the murder trial, Mark O'Mara, no longer represents him.

More 911 calls available to listen too.

addams

Postby addams » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 am UTC

ech. I am still going with Gang Related.
It still makes sense.

Who is chosen to do stupid shit?
People that are highly likely to do stupid shit.

What happens to the people that do stupid shit?
More stupid shit.

One young man lost his life to that ding-dong.
The ding-dong may have been promised that he would walk.
He walked.

He is walking into more trouble. Do you think he might feel misunderstood?
That man needs to have a heart-to-heart with someone. His heart may be heavy.

His heart may be heavy, or his mind may have run off and left him.
Poor man. It must be a terrible thing to be such as AssHole that your own soul does not like hanging out with you.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Return to “News & Articles”