Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Gojoe

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby Gojoe » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 am UTC

Gojoe wrote:Andrew? I thought your name was Cheese?
This will never get old
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:47 am UTC

Noobs, if your name is not caitlin, spelt as is shown, you do not qualify.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:28 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:Noobs, if your name is not caitlin, spelt as is shown, you do not qualify.
Not true. They're allowed C-A-I-T-L-I-N too, remember?
Gojoe wrote:
Gojoe wrote:Andrew? I thought your name was Cheese?
This will never get old
Probably not, no. We should write a song about it, or something. A bit like the Conchords, but with less conchords and more forumites.

"He was Andrew, and he was Cheese. There was Gojoe, there was Steve..."

...that's all I've got at the moment. I doubt I'll come up with much more.
The_Wannabe wrote:I also collect scarves.
Scarves are good. I actually got some use out of my own (only) scarf last weekend when I was up in Aberdeen. I would try and get some more, but I rarely need to use them and I've got nowhere to display a scarf collection.

Hello and welcome, all!
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:37 pm UTC

I would make you a scarf, Cheese, but I am currently making my last scarf ever for someone else.

Someone fix that sentence.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

Meowgan wrote:I would make you a scarf, Cheese, but I am currently making my best scarf so far for someone else.

Someone fix that sentence.

Fix'd.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

JillVicious

Postby JillVicious » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:10 pm UTC

Greetings,

I'm Jill, I'm 22 and work in radio. I'm originally from Ontario, but my job has moved me to Alberta.

I'm trying to do the "50 Book Challenge" where you read 50 books in a year. I started my challenge last week, not like the typical New-Years-Resolution people who start January 1st and fail six weeks later. =D

She

Hello world!

Postby She » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 pm UTC

I'm still a bit amused by the fact that my username wasn't taken. I've always wanted to have one of those weird, grammatically ambiguous usernames, and I guess now my wish has come true. Yay me.
For the record, I'm actually male. 'She' is just a name.

I live in Gothenburg, Sweden, and have been a fan of xkcd for a while. I also like maths (haven't done more than 11:th grade yet, though), play Dungeons & Dragons and stare at people in the bus. In Sweden talking to a person you don't know (in fact, almost even acknowlishing each other) is considered extremely odd, and i enjoy the look of peoples eyes flickering when they try to look away but just can't get used to this guy LOOKING THEM IN THE EYES WITHOUT LOOKING AWAY!

Being Swedish I fully master the usage of strange letters like å, ä and ö.

Well, that's me i guess. I wear an orange jacket. And I like the kind of forum this is, where they have "make the world weirder!"-threads where everyone tries to out-weird each other.

Feel free to mock my username. It's what it's there for.
She speaks in the third person
So she can forget that she's me

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Re: Hello world!

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:30 pm UTC

She wrote:I'm still a bit amused by the fact that my username wasn't taken. I've always wanted to have one of those weird, grammatically ambiguous usernames, and I guess now my wish has come true. Yay me.
For the record, I'm actually male. 'She' is just a name.

I live in Gothenburg, Sweden, and have been a fan of xkcd for a while. I also like maths (haven't done more than 11:th grade yet, though), play Dungeons & Dragons and stare at people in the bus. In Sweden talking to a person you don't know (in fact, almost even acknowlishing each other) is considered extremely odd, and i enjoy the look of peoples eyes flickering when they try to look away but just can't get used to this guy LOOKING THEM IN THE EYES WITHOUT LOOKING AWAY!

Being Swedish I fully master the usage of strange letters like å, ä and ö.

Well, that's me i guess. I wear an orange jacket. And I like the kind of forum this is, where they have "make the world weirder!"-threads where everyone tries to out-weird each other.

Feel free to mock my username. It's what it's there for.

As requested.
Spoiler:

She

Postby She » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:40 pm UTC

As requested.

Or at least...
Thats what Cheese said!

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:54 pm UTC

She wrote:
As requested.
Or at least...
WhatCheeseSaid.jpg
...this was surprisingly easy, I only really had to freehand the C and use the custom select tool.
WhatCheeseSaid.jpg (14.31 KiB) Viewed 6537 times
fix'd.
Spoiler:

RawrMage

Postby RawrMage » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

Hello. I am a male Caucasian homo sapiens living in the United States of America. I love xkcd and people keep telling me in the computer lab, "Stop looking at websites and work!". I find this frustrating. I am a nerd and I love to program and do some off-science sometimes. I have now added 'xkcd' to my spellchecker. XD I am horrible at this, aren't I. I can do some things with electronics and am (I like to think) a good debater. I play World of Warcraft. Any Alliance on Antonidas-US send mail to Stalarum or Escran! I read a TON of books and type hunt-and-peck minus the hunt because I don't look down.Anyways, I love xkcd and am happy with life currently. Bye...
If we find the negative reciprocal of the universe, what do we get? -1/Universe?

joshz

Postby joshz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:28 pm UTC

RawrMage wrote:...and am (I like to think) a good debater.

But would you say you are a master debater? (say it out loud if you don't get it right away).
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.

Arc

Postby Arc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

Hello.

I'm a bot a vicious theropod a human. A human living in North Carolina. Somewhere in the general area of 35° 12′ N, 80° 49′ W.

I like xkcd. And fractals. I am easily distracted, I know some French, I wish the [English] subjunctive would stop dying, and also something about mangoes (I forgot what). I would like to learn judo someday. I am interested in philosophy, but I have yet to really read any books on the subject (Likewise for science fiction). I want to learn how to program, but I am unsure of where to start—or where to download C. I draw sometimes and I play piano.

I am running out of things to say and the word "I" is starting to lose its meaning, so that's the end of this introduction, I suppose.

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:58 pm UTC

Okay, again, I've been largely absent from the fora at large.

I know, I'm a bad person, right?

So, anyway. I'm going to direct you to this post which will, in turn, direct you to another post and from that post, to two other posts. You will find out all about me. :)

I am now working only two jobs, and I really am not cut out for retail. Honestly.

I really am quite nerdy. My Boy can tell you that. He's on the fora; good luck finding out who it is. ;)

So, anyway. I just celebrated my two-year foraversary one week and six days ago. Congratulations to me, right? :D
suffer-cait wrote:Noobs, if your name is not caitlin, spelt as is shown, you do not qualify.

First, I am not a n00b by any stretch of the word. Secondly, I am Caitlin. The only Caitlin.

Outchanter

Postby Outchanter » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:49 am UTC

Arc wrote:I want to learn how to program, but I am unsure of where to start—or where to download C.

Behold: the coding subforum!

With your username though, wouldn't you be more interested in lisp?

Dayman

Postby Dayman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:15 am UTC

Hey, I'm the Dayman, fighter of the Nightman, champion of the sun, master of karate and friendship for everyone.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:42 am UTC

Cheese wrote:
Not true. They're allowed C-A-I-T-L-I-N too, remember?

true, but i figured only the crafty ones would figure that out, we dun want too many running around do we?

edit: wait...thefiddler is caitlin? the caitlin? or a caitlin?
edit2: nvm, i got it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sibelius Eos Owm

Postby Sibelius Eos Owm » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 am UTC

Okay, so I breifly considered opening this, my first post of posts in the third intro thread of intro threads (the third) with a emboldened manic laughter, but then it occured to me that explaining that I was going to do that would either be much better or have no effect (affect) whatsoever. As opposed to the cringe that would have to be suppressed by anyone seeing my post otherwise, even a lack of reaction would be preferable. My name is Owen, I'm 18 still, I think. I live way up in the frozen north, where it actually snows half the year (okay, so I mean Canada; southern Canada if you think about it. Considering the vastly varying weather, I can't actually support the claim that it snows for half the year here. I once walked to the corner store in my shirt the day before Christmas Eve)

Time for a new paragraph before that tanget is allowed to evolve any further. I can't even begin to say how long I've been reading xkcd, but it only occured to me to join the elucidated fora until recently when I noticed a serious deficiency in the selection for one particular product in the store. Near the bottom there are stickers with a selection of text that may be used to label any button or switch that has been left unlabeled. I felt it necessary to call to attention the serious lack of a 'Zeppelin' label, in accordance with that one comic (I'll get the number in a minute...) in which the unlabeled button on the elevator is impromtu labeled 'Zeppelin' (who would have guessed? XD)

Comic #288, which is, astoundingly, not titled 'Zeppelin' but 'Elevator' in favour of one sporting quarter past a zeppelin (also known as happy hour in some places)

Erg... Time for bed... and essays... plural.

Well, at least I said hi, and I managed to get my point down in a relatively on-topic manner... relatively

thefiddler
The Fora's Prophetess

Postby thefiddler » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:edit: wait...thefiddler is caitlin? the caitlin? or a caitlin?
edit2: nvm, i got it.

I am the Caitlin of this fora.

Go ahead and worship me, it's okay. (You can even join the fan club I heard I have. Which is silly. I don't need a fan club.)

After all, I am the Fora's Prophetess, courtesy of davean, and I come to prophesy doom if I don't get a lot of worship. Now. ;)

Actually, just prophesying doom for the whole world, though not for the reason(s) mentioned. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up so you can start running. Although running might make the doom descend faster. Who knows.

demonfaerie15

Postby demonfaerie15 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:03 pm UTC

So... :oops: I had forgotten I had ever signed up for the forums... So yeah. I'm Mae. Nice too meet you all.

Vikingr

Postby Vikingr » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:26 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Aonghus, I'm, 18., I live in dublin, and just wanted to get my first post over with. :D

She

Postby She » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:02 pm UTC

Your name is actually Aonghus? Wicked!

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:12 pm UTC

Pronounced "Steve", right?
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

jackjackjackkk

Postby jackjackjackkk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm UTC

In all srsness, I imagine it's pronounced Angus. But I would have no idea.
'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde.'

cyborg_572

Postby cyborg_572 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 am UTC

Hi, my name is Mike. I live in southern Ontario in Canada. I've been reading XKCD for ages, and I have no idea why I never bothered joining the forums. Last week I had so many other things that were high on the list of things to do that I finally joined the forums here. I'm very proud of the fact that all four pages of results in a Google search for my user name are actually me :D

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:01 am UTC

Welcome to the forums. There's quite a few of us from Southern Ontario on here, check the meet-ups forum if you're interested.

Wash your hands, wipe your feet and don't run with the scissors should they get passed to you.
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

BigBoss

Postby BigBoss » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:44 pm UTC

Im Matt. Im 18. I live in a small town in Missouri, where there's never anything to do.
Im a part time dishwasher for the moment, because there is pretty much only restaraunts and factories here.
You don't give up hope just because something's hopeless. You cover up your ears, and talk really loud.

Tampons could be used to stop a nosebleed! - Tillian

Vikingr

Postby Vikingr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:56 pm UTC

She wrote:Your name is actually Aonghus? Wicked!

Yup! :D I like it. Thanks for th appreciation!

jackjackjackkk wrote:In all srsness, I imagine it's pronounced Angus. But I would have no idea.

Roughly. More like Pain-gus without the P. Angus is the Scottish pronunciation, and I'm no Scot! (Irish)

Dalimaar

Postby Dalimaar » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

Hello I'm Conor and I'm from Colorado, ummmmm..... I really can't think of anything else to say soooo.... hello! Oh yeah my interests include electronics, software. I also show a great dislike for a certain revision of a certain kernel of a certain os ending in inux that ends in 21 for it will not boot.... wait but what is this 22 is here! Yay! Sorry random outburst >.>
Favorite *nix command: shutdown -P +1 This system will self destruct in 60 seconds

Sea Ferring

Postby Sea Ferring » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:03 pm UTC

Ian, Canada, male, post office employee, curling enthusiast,

Love to read (Stephen King, Alan Moore, Chuck Palahnuk, Clive Barker, Peter Süskind, Dean Koontz).

Favorite bands including (but not limited to): A Silver Mt. Zion, Alice Cooper, Animal Collective, AIDS Wolf, Beach Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Beethoven, Belle & Sebastian, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, The Boomtown Rats, Butthole Surfers, Danny Elfman, Elvis Costello, Frank Sinatra, Frank Zappa, Freezepop, Grateful Dead, Helloween, The Hollies, Iggy Pop, Ink Spots, Iron Maiden, Jason Steele, Jonathan Coulton, LazyTown, Lightning Bolt, Logan Whitehurst, Ministry, Mozart, Neil Young, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Oingo Boingo, Overkill, The Pixies, Radiohead, Razorlight, Rezso Seress, Rick Astley, Simon and Garfunkel, Sonic Youth, Soul Coughing, Stamper, Superbus, Talking Heads, Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, Three Dog Night, The Unicorns, The Velvet Underground, Violent Femmes, Weezer, X Japan, William Shatner, Of Montreal, Girl Talk, Knox, DEVO, Crosby Nash Stills & (sometimes) Young, Meatloaf, The White Stripes, Lou Reed, The Residents, Dungen, Donovan, Mott The Hoople, Melt Banana, Buddy Holly, Mercury Rev, The Flaming Lips, The B-52’s, The Smith’s, The Aquabats, Weezer, Cat Power, Johnny Cash, Gotye, Muse, Weird Al, The Kinks, Pere Ubu, Bauhaus, Jim Carroll's Band,

Procrastinating from homework at the moment.

Left other forum I inhabited, too much angsty drama.

Happy here.

joshz

Postby joshz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

Sea Ferring wrote:Favorite bands including (but not limited to): A Silver Mt. Zion, Alice Cooper, Animal Collective, AIDS Wolf, Beach Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Beethoven, Belle & Sebastian, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, The Boomtown Rats, Butthole Surfers, Danny Elfman, Elvis Costello, Frank Sinatra, Frank Zappa, Freezepop, Grateful Dead, Helloween, The Hollies, Iggy Pop, Ink Spots, Iron Maiden, Jason Steele, Jonathan Coulton, LazyTown, Lightning Bolt, Logan Whitehurst, Ministry, Mozart, Neil Young, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Oingo Boingo, Overkill, The Pixies, Radiohead, Razorlight, Rezso Seress, Rick Astley, Simon and Garfunkel, Sonic Youth, Soul Coughing, Stamper, Superbus, Talking Heads, Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, Three Dog Night, The Unicorns, The Velvet Underground, Violent Femmes, Weezer, X Japan, William Shatner, Of Montreal, Girl Talk, Knox, DEVO, Crosby Nash Stills & (sometimes) Young, Meatloaf, The White Stripes, Lou Reed, The Residents, Dungen, Donovan, Mott The Hoople, Melt Banana, Buddy Holly, Mercury Rev, The Flaming Lips, The B-52’s, The Smith’s, The Aquabats, Weezer, Cat Power, Johnny Cash, Gotye, Muse, Weird Al, The Kinks, Pere Ubu, Bauhaus, Jim Carroll's Band,

That's quite a variety. I never expected to see Blue Oyster Cult on the same list with Beethoven and Frank Sinatra, but hey, to each his own.

BTW, were you serious about Rick Astley, or were you trying to rickroll us all?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.

Sea Ferring

Postby Sea Ferring » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

joshz wrote:
Sea Ferring wrote:Favorite bands including (but not limited to): A Silver Mt. Zion, Alice Cooper, Animal Collective, AIDS Wolf, Beach Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Beethoven, Belle & Sebastian, Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Dylan, The Boomtown Rats, Butthole Surfers, Danny Elfman, Elvis Costello, Frank Sinatra, Frank Zappa, Freezepop, Grateful Dead, Helloween, The Hollies, Iggy Pop, Ink Spots, Iron Maiden, Jason Steele, Jonathan Coulton, LazyTown, Lightning Bolt, Logan Whitehurst, Ministry, Mozart, Neil Young, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nirvana, Oingo Boingo, Overkill, The Pixies, Radiohead, Razorlight, Rezso Seress, Rick Astley, Simon and Garfunkel, Sonic Youth, Soul Coughing, Stamper, Superbus, Talking Heads, Tenacious D, They Might Be Giants, Three Dog Night, The Unicorns, The Velvet Underground, Violent Femmes, Weezer, X Japan, William Shatner, Of Montreal, Girl Talk, Knox, DEVO, Crosby Nash Stills & (sometimes) Young, Meatloaf, The White Stripes, Lou Reed, The Residents, Dungen, Donovan, Mott The Hoople, Melt Banana, Buddy Holly, Mercury Rev, The Flaming Lips, The B-52’s, The Smith’s, The Aquabats, Weezer, Cat Power, Johnny Cash, Gotye, Muse, Weird Al, The Kinks, Pere Ubu, Bauhaus, Jim Carroll's Band,

That's quite a variety. I never expected to see Blue Oyster Cult on the same list with Beethoven and Frank Sinatra, but hey, to each his own.

BTW, were you serious about Rick Astley, or were you trying to rickroll us all?

I won't lie I love Rick Astley, and I am never gonna give him up know matter what anyone says it would be like letting him down.

joshz

Postby joshz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:14 pm UTC

Sea Ferring wrote:I won't lie I love Rick Astley, and I am never gonna give him up know matter what anyone says it would be like letting him down.

:D . That's all I can say.

BTW, have you ever given Zeppelin a listen? Based on what you said you like, I think you'd like them. (but then, I may just be projecting.)

Some of my faves (no particular order): Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Styx, The Who, The Doors, The Allman Brothers Band, The Doobie Brothers, Eric Clapton/Cream, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, The Beatles, Billy Joel, Elton John, AC/DC (some of their stuff), Yes, Aerosmith, David Bowie, Bad Company, Creedence Clearwater Revival, etc. (basically, most '60s+'70s bands).

Snowfrost

Postby Snowfrost » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Finally made my introduction post, he he.

Anyways my name is Vincent, born in Puerto Rico and currently residing in Central Florida. I've been reading xkcd for a while now and decided to register to the forums. I'm seventeen years old, belong to a small group of grammar nazi friends (hate txt speak.) I Constantly check up on world news, and I'm always on my laptop playing WoW, writing or reading fanfiction.

Hope to be a part of this great community.

Snowfrost
Vengeance should go to those who are blameless. - Me

Horace wrote:"A wise man in times of peace prepares for war."

She

Postby She » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:36 pm UTC

First: welcome. Being a part of this community is indeed something desirable.

Second: I demand an epic ninja battle between Snowfrost and SoapyHobo, winner takes the rights to that avatar!

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

G-Soapy won. Look at that.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Snowfrost

Postby Snowfrost » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm UTC

Epic Ninja Battle? Then we shall fight to the death!!

I just need four dollars for karate lessons to beat him. <.<
Vengeance should go to those who are blameless. - Me

Horace wrote:"A wise man in times of peace prepares for war."

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

You're unlikely to get them... Soapy's been asking for those same four dollars for more than a year and a half now, and he's still not made a dime.
Spoiler:

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:12 pm UTC

Sea Ferring, while I do like your animated GIF of Rorschach's 'face', you'd best keep it hidden when the mysterious Rodan, also a Rorschach, is about. He might not be too pleased how you managed to outdo him on the avatar front.

Welcome all!

Sea Ferring

Postby Sea Ferring » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:40 am UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:Sea Ferring, while I do like your animated GIF of Rorschach's 'face', you'd best keep it hidden when the mysterious Rodan, also a Rorschach, is about. He might not be too pleased how you managed to outdo him on the avatar front.

Welcome all!

I s/he angry?

If so I'm ready for battle:

Return to “General”