Something on Youtube

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

Something on Youtube

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:40 pm UTC

Official video thread. Please post links and discussion here, so as to avoid a proliferation of such threads. Thank you.



I am starting this thread because Gelsamel is lazy.

---

Super off-topic post of d000000m! (Run for your lives!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo


I was too lazy to make a new topic, unless someone wants to make one for me.

---

Beware, I am at work and do not have access to youtube, so I don't really know what this is all about.

Also, this is my very first new topic! Feel free to wikify as necessary.

EDIT:Apparently this thread is now about posting random things from youtube that you enjoy. So, do that.
Then wikify as necessary, and, use commas,,,
Last edited by TheTankengine on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:32 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Something on Youtube

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:43 pm UTC

TheTankengine wrote:I am starting this thread because Gelsamel is God.


Why thank you!

Edit: It's a piece of music created by some guy playing the drums and keyboard, but he doesn't know how to play them. What he has done is played all the necessary notes and sounds and recorded them then edited them in a way to make a song out of the single bits of recording. It's really quiet awesome!
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Something on Youtube

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:46 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
TheTankengine wrote:I am starting this thread because Gelsamel is incompetent.


Sadly, this is true.


Don't be so hard on yourself buddy.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Something on Youtube

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:48 pm UTC

TheTankengine wrote:
Gelsamel wrote:
TheTankengine wrote:I am starting this thread because Gelsamel is God.


Why thank you!


Nothing less for you my sire!


At ease peon!
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:49 pm UTC

What is the video anyways?
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:56 pm UTC

TheTankengine wrote:I read the edit above and I now know what the video is about


Great :D
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:03 pm UTC

This just got very confusing.

Gelsamel will write:
You got that right
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:05 pm UTC

TheTankengine wrote:This just got very confusing.
'

You got that right.


Look at the edit in my first post :3
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby Mister 4 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:05 pm UTC

The video is quite well done, although I think that there are some minor timing discrepancies in there in a few places. But you'd only care about those if you were as picky as I am.

For this to truly be a wiki, we'd have to have someone come in an vandalise all the threads (although ideally we could limit the vandalism to the threads about chickens).
Mister 4
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:47 am UTC

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:08 pm UTC

Mister 4 wrote:FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK




.......
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby no-genius » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:23 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
Mister 4 wrote:i like chickens

I have a bad attitude. Mods, ban me please so no-genius can beat my postcount










........random ellipsis
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.
User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
 
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: empty set \0

Postby Lani » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:25 pm UTC

*ahem*

Back on topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs&eurl=

This was a master's thesis in animation. It's awesome and sweet...and no, I refuse to mention the emotional state it left me in after seeing it. Nope. Not a word.
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Lani » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:26 pm UTC

- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:27 pm UTC

lani wrote:Gelsamel is God, and Kiwi animals are awesome.


Yes, Kiwi animals are awesome :D.
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby Lani » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:28 pm UTC

Wheeeeeeeee!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIRrKi720Tw&eurl=

(Yay! A thread I can post on!)
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Lani » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:29 pm UTC

Ultimate showdown!

http://media.putfile.com/ultimateshowdown#start

(I ignore your attempts to derail me posting awesome videos. Ha! CARE BARE STARE!)
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:31 pm UTC

lani wrote:Wheeeeeeeee!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIRrKi720Tw&eurl=

(Yay! A thread I can post on!)


Holy crap that was awesome.
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby no-genius » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:32 pm UTC



hehe - that is awesome! also really cute animation :P

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDjnYuVnqq4&NR


Reminds me of the sperm whale in HHGTTG: "I wonder if it will be friends with me"
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.
User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
 
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: empty set \0

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:35 pm UTC

lani is on a rampage!


Edit: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Image:Jesu ... thXbox.jpg

Ahahah it' so funny.
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby no-genius » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:43 pm UTC

lani wrote:(I ignore your attempts to derail me posting awesome videos. Ha! CARE BARE STARE!)


Mods, lock the thread please? ;)
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.
User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
 
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: empty set \0

Postby Gelsamel » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:44 pm UTC

Bleh, it's 3:43am so I am going to go and stalk lani... erm.. I mean get some sleep..


Double posted!!!!


Edit: Damn you no-genius, I've been foiled again!!! >.<
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:58 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
TheTankengine wrote:This just got very confusing.
'

You got that right.


Look at the edit in my first post :3


You truly are the master.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby no-genius » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:09 pm UTC

Gelsamel wrote:Bleh, it's 3:43am so I am going to go and get some sleep... erm.. I mean stalk lani..


Double posted!!!!


Edit: Damn you no-genius, I've been foiled again!!! >.<


Got that right!
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.
User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
 
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: empty set \0

Postby TheTankengine » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:39 pm UTC

lani wrote:*ahem*

Back on topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs&eurl=

This was a master's thesis in animation. It's awesome and sweet...and no, I refuse to mention the emotional state it left me in after seeing it. Nope. Not a word.


You weren't really going back on topic, since the topic was Gelsamel is lazy. But now you are!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Lani » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:29 am UTC

No stalking allowed. Worshipful admiration is ok, but as long as it is done in a non-creepy way.

Speaking of worship, I do accept sacrifices of chocolate...
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Gelsamel » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:33 am UTC

lani wrote:No stalking allowed. Worshipful admiration is ok, but as long as it is done in a non-creepy way.


Okay.... :(
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby TheTankengine » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:47 am UTC

Gelsamel wrote:
lani wrote:No stalking allowed. Worshipful admiration is ok, but as long as it is done in a non-creepy way.


I don't care! I am going to stalk you for the rest of your life!

...hey that's a nice jacket you're wearing while sitting on that brown chair in the corner of the room...



Gelsamel, you are getting creepy man.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Gelsamel » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:18 am UTC

I'm getting too lazy to edit things now.
User avatar
Gelsamel
Lame and emo
 
Posts: 8188
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:49 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Postby no-genius » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:06 am UTC

TheTankengine wrote:
Gelsamel wrote:
lani wrote:No stalking allowed. Worshipful admiration is ok, but as long as it is done in a non-creepy way.

I respectfully accept your point :(

GIRLS!!!!!!!
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.
User avatar
no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time
 
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:32 pm UTC
Location: empty set \0

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:10 pm UTC

no-genius wrote:
TheTankengine wrote:
Gelsamel wrote:
lani wrote:No stalking allowed. Worshipful admiration is ok, but as long as it is done in a non-creepy way.

I respectfully accept your point :(

GIRLS!!!!!!!


I am awesome!
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Lani » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:35 pm UTC

Don Hertzfeldt is the most awesome. EVER.

REJECTED!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08yuxaCm ... ed&search=

Billy's Balloon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4xrF5pLgc

Intermission in the THIRD DIMENSION!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODBPZZQ52I4
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Lani » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:57 pm UTC

Parkour: urban ninjas.

A scene from the movie District B-13, a super awesome and fun action flick:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &q=parkour
(and the dude is HOT)

More...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &q=parkour
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Lani » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:08 pm UTC

My old roommate had a thing for Hasselhoff. But really, how could you not??

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9836&hl=en

(be sure to watch until the end)
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby TheTankengine » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:12 pm UTC

Hey! That stuff is not on YouTube!

Mods !!! Off-topic posts be here!!!

EDIT:Well, youtube is owned by the google, so I guess its close enough.
Carry on...
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting
User avatar
TheTankengine
Our Fora-father
 
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, KY

Postby Jack Mac » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:30 am UTC

<3
Jack Mac
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:41 am UTC

Postby Hawknc » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:50 am UTC

That is so ninja it's unbelievable.
User avatar
Hawknc
Oompa Loompa of SCIENCE!
 
Posts: 6974
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Lani » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:39 pm UTC

Do you want a banana?

Truly le awesome.


By the way, did any of you watch the Don Hertzfeldt shorts? They really are brilliant, and Rejected won some award that I don't remember...
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Postby Air Gear » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:52 pm UTC

The Third Dimension one is great...as for the Urban Ninja one, the best part has to be the song. Must find out what it is...

...WHY COULDN'T THEY CREDIT THE DAMN SONG AT THE END SO I'D KNOW
Air Gear
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:36 pm UTC

Postby fjafjan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:25 pm UTC

lani wrote:Do you want a banana?

Truly le awesome.


By the way, did any of you watch the Don Hertzfeldt shorts? They really are brilliant, and Rejected won some award that I don't remember...


... Is it just me who see that video as somewhat racist? Their makeup is the classic holywood "black person" makeup, even though 'overdone'
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.
User avatar
fjafjan
THE fjafjan
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:22 pm UTC
Location: Down south up north in the west of eastern west.

Postby Lani » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:19 pm UTC

fjafjan wrote:
lani wrote:Do you want a banana?

Truly le awesome.


By the way, did any of you watch the Don Hertzfeldt shorts? They really are brilliant, and Rejected won some award that I don't remember...


... Is it just me who see that video as somewhat racist? Their makeup is the classic holywood "black person" makeup, even though 'overdone'


I hadn't gotten that impression, though I understand why you'd say it looked like blackface...I though they were trying to look like birds.
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."
User avatar
Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:07 am UTC
Location: The People's Republic of Austin

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AREKAGOVE, brenok, darmplelm and 10 guests

cron