High School bathroom graffiti: intellectualized

The school experience. School related queries, discussions, and stories that aren't specific to a subject.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: High School bathroom graffiti: intellectualized

Postby Ratio » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:16 pm UTC

In one of our lecture halls, we have a row called "The Portal Table" with hundreds of quotes, and copies of graffiti written on it, along with a long line where different people have written "The cake is a lie" ove and over again, I made my own submission, and at the bottom of the list I put "The cake is a pie" the following day someone had written: "Jesus, mindfuck"
Ratio

Postby Dantez » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

Fucking spammer..
Spoiler:
How many Sol Badguys does it take to screw in a Lightbulb?
I dunno.
GUN FLAME!!!
Dantez

Postby nekolux » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:11 pm UTC

I took a picture of the wall scribblings from the finale of left 4 dead and saved it on my ipod. When i went to school i copied out the scribblings. No zombie is safe from chicago ted. :D
Synthuir wrote:Possibly:
'"Johnny was a chemist's son,
But Johhny is no more.
What Johnny thought was H20-
Was H2SO4"
-Does that make Schrödinger the killer?'

That's from a think geek t shirt i think
nekolux

Postby Kidiri » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:28 pm UTC

Brom wrote:I hear the boy's bathroom had sudoku puzzles in their stall.

Which makes me want to scribble a binary sudoku.

Emmaskillz wrote:Also, kellsbells, I am now inspired to draw xkcd characters around my school. I wonder if anyone would recognise them.

And this wants me to write either the "Yo momma's fat"-build up or "Fuck computational linguists!" in a circle, obviously.

And raptor.fortress' avatar makes me want to transcribe theraptor-maths-test.

Ratio wrote:"The cake is a pie" the following day someone had written: "Jesus, mindfuck"

This makes me want to put up something like "A cake is a pie, when it's radius equals one."
The codfish on the park bench is fried by the raw maple. 30/10/2009
Kidiri

Postby Werts » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

Ratio wrote:In one of our lecture halls, we have a row called "The Portal Table" with hundreds of quotes, and copies of graffiti written on it, along with a long line where different people have written "The cake is a lie" ove and over again . . .

You've got to take a picture of that and put it up, man. That's awesome.

Thanks to this thread, I myself am now tempted to write something like this in a public bathroom. Not only "The cake is lie" (because that would certainly be great to do) but also something like, "The world is a comedy to those who think, but a tragedy to those who feel ~Horace Walpole" (bet someone would write "like your mom" after that).
Werts

Postby MotorToad » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:41 pm UTC

Why not do a Portal exit marker in red pen, from late in the game, pointing at the door out?
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)
MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby Mother Nature's Son » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:05 pm UTC

Rippy wrote:I've always wanted to graffiti something super-lame on a bathroom wall, like "Say NO to drugs!".

Then I remember that I'm too good of a person to vandalize. I could use dry-erase marker maybe?

Me and some of my friends use chalk.
Cave et audi.
Mother Nature's Son

Postby Dingbats » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:50 pm UTC

Mother Nature's Son wrote:
Rippy wrote:I've always wanted to graffiti something super-lame on a bathroom wall, like "Say NO to drugs!".

Then I remember that I'm too good of a person to vandalize. I could use dry-erase marker maybe?

Me and some of my friends use chalk.

And it's not vandalism if it's awesome.
Dingbats

Postby jaysix » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:39 am UTC

Brom wrote:I hear the boy's bathroom had sudoku puzzles in their stall.

That's so cool! I think I'm gonna start writing the start of Sudoku puzzles in the stalls at my school.

I remember when I did swimteam in high school, I always took a pre-practice dump in the locker room at the university we practiced at and in one of the stalls was Sharpie'd "The light you seek is in your own lantern." It was there all three years I did swimteam, no one ever painted over it.

I often see "110100100" written in the stalls at my college. (Translation: 420) I bet that one's pretty common.
jaysix

Postby fishyfish777 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:14 am UTC

-snip-

Nothing creative here.
Neon Rain wrote:And somehow we humans can invent scanning-probe microscopes that can "see" individual atoms, yet still can't invent a machine that can reliably scan tests not taken with a #2 pencil.
fishyfish777

Postby Senefen » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:25 am UTC

The girls' bathrooms at uni are like an advice board. You write your question/problem and everyone answers. There are some really long ones. I asked a guy friend once if it's the same in theirs but evidently they just have the normal boring graffiti, rather than people asking for relationship advide. People are also really complimentry of drawings in them, it's weird cos most aren't that good O_o
ImageImageImageImageImage
Senefen

Postby Ratio » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

Senefen wrote:The girls' bathrooms at uni are like an advice board. You write your question/problem and everyone answers. There are some really long ones. I asked a guy friend once if it's the same in theirs but evidently they just have the normal boring graffiti, rather than people asking for relationship advide. People are also really complimentry of drawings in them, it's weird cos most aren't that good O_o

All abord the self-esteem potty,

Choo-Choo! :]

Yeah, I have nothing to contribute at this time.
Ratio

Postby stewie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:33 pm UTC

jaysix wrote:I often see "110100100" written in the stalls at my college. (Translation: 420) I bet that one's pretty common.

Odd thought; 42 is 101010 in binary. Or 2A in hex. Does anyone know why Douglas Adams chose 42? wikipedia time...

EDIT: You learn something new every day...
fishyfish777 wrote:Turns out, when someone's high, they just lack coordination and can't play badminton for shit
stewie

Postby Monika » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

IIRC he looked out the window while writing and thought: "42!" and that was about it.
#xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net - the LGBTIQQA support channel
Monika

Postby HenryGifford » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:22 am UTC

"Douglas Adams
(Mark J Cherkas) wrote:
>I am new to this group so bear with this beginners question:
>Why is the answer 42 ?
>Has Douglas Adams ever explained this ?

The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an
ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations,
base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk,
stared into the garden and thought '42 will do' I typed it out. End of story.
Best,
Douglas Adams"

Yep.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan. ... 8692?pli=1
HenryGifford

Postby rath358 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:53 am UTC

every now and then, I want to write something like "I wasnt here" or "this sentence is a lie."
messing with people is so fun...
TEAM SHIVAHN
Pretty much the best team ever

Red Hal wrote:If you can't tick all the boxes then you don't have privilege! Privilege; it's a multiple-input AND gate!
rath358
almost, but not quite, the prettiest princess

Postby The Resident Expert » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:52 pm UTC

Recently I've taken to leaving "Fats Goldburg Lives!" in certain stalls in the metropolitan area.
Sapere Aude.
But it will void warranties.
The Resident Expert

Postby shizam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:11 am UTC

This involved multiple trips to the bathroom.

Our school has a surprising lack of graffiti so it was actually left pretty intact.

*Ahem*

You see my friend, Schopenhauer equated all of reality with Man's Wille zum Leben, a theory which asserts that Man's ultimate goal is self preservation and reproduction, and asserted that man's life was synonymous with pain and suffering as a result.
The sole means of ending the suffering is denial of the will, or passive acceptance of death analogous to buddhist Nirvana. He theorized that Mitleid, AKA compassion, is the moral force which drives one to this goal.

However,Schopenhauer recognized two other, lesser forces of Moral expression -egoism and malice- and dismissed them as corrupt and destructive, as they indulge the will and perpetuate the suffering. Although I acknowledge the correctness of Schopenhauer's philosophy, my own personal ethos is still at a formative stage and consequently my behavior is still primarily influenced by the two corrupt moral incentives.

Only by further indulging my Wille Zum Leben can I eventually recognize the futility of perpetual suffering and evil and begin the arduous process of denial. So, my friend, when you finish, realize that I will be waiting for you. Your death at my hands is not only inevitable, but absolutely essential on my path to enlightenment.
'
Each paragraph represents a trip to the bathroom. Sadly however, the most amusing response to this was "Try it Bitch. I'll f-ck your sh-t up.
......nah
shizam

Postby Klapaucius » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:17 am UTC

shizam wrote:This involved multiple trips to the bathroom.

Our school has a surprising lack of graffiti so it was actually left pretty intact.

*Ahem*

You see my friend, Schopenhauer equated all of reality with Man's Wille zum Leben, a theory which asserts that Man's ultimate goal is self preservation and reproduction, and asserted that man's life was synonymous with pain and suffering as a result.
The sole means of ending the suffering is denial of the will, or passive acceptance of death analogous to buddhist Nirvana. He theorized that Mitleid, AKA compassion, is the moral force which drives one to this goal.

However,Schopenhauer recognized two other, lesser forces of Moral expression -egoism and malice- and dismissed them as corrupt and destructive, as they indulge the will and perpetuate the suffering. Although I acknowledge the correctness of Schopenhauer's philosophy, my own personal ethos is still at a formative stage and consequently my behavior is still primarily influenced by the two corrupt moral incentives.

Only by further indulging my Wille Zum Leben can I eventually recognize the futility of perpetual suffering and evil and begin the arduous process of denial. So, my friend, when you finish, realize that I will be waiting for you. Your death at my hands is not only inevitable, but absolutely essential on my path to enlightenment.
'
Each paragraph represents a trip to the bathroom. Sadly however, the most amusing response to this was "Try it Bitch. I'll f-ck your sh-t up.
I wonder if that dude responds in that way to every philosophical treatise.

"A republic based on Platonic ideals? Try it, bitch, I'll f-ck your sh-t up."
500%!
Klapaucius

Postby shizam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:17 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:I wonder if that dude responds in that way to every philosophical treatise.

"A republic based on Platonic ideals? Try it, bitch, I'll f-ck your sh-t up."

Oh God, I would love him forever.
......nah
shizam

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:37 am UTC

I work at a community centre. We have someone who puts his/her initials everywhere. It would be annoying the initials weren't in so many weird places.

I've seen these initials in the community centre in the following places: mens washroom on the wall, ladies washroom on duct work--more remarkable when you're aware this is 9ft up, on the fire alarm, on the box containing the defib, on the sign in front of the building, on the bulletin board, on the white board in dry erase marker, on the chalkboard in chalk, on mural paper signs posted in the rec. centre.

In the neighbourhood: on a phonebooth, on a gas pump at the gas station, on the bus stop, garbage can, post box, paper box, on a bridge several blocks away, on cable boxes, the back of the stop sign, bus shelter.

I'm sure I haven't seen them all.
Rice Puddin.
Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Lóng the Dragon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:00 pm UTC

Intellectual was the graffiti not, but being a gymnasium we had the obvious Latin.

HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

I'm looking for a truly brilliant idea for graffiti on my school's bathroom's wall (which is about to be painted white again), any suggestions? Preferably one with a reference just obscure enough so that a few people will get it. And no drawing, I'm really bad at that.
Lóng the Dragon

Postby mrbaggins » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:46 pm UTC

I don't know latin at all, so that looks to me like:
People don't pee in the vents.
Why is it that 4chan is either infinitely awesome, infinitely bad, or "lolwut", but never any intermediary level?
mrbaggins

Postby niteice » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:04 pm UTC

mrbaggins wrote:I don't know latin at all, so that looks to me like:
People don't pee in the vents.

A better translation is along the lines of "wise men don't piss into the wind."
GENERATION 4294967292: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum, negate the generation, and convert it to a 32-bit unsigned integer. Social experiment.
niteice

Postby Dantez » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:47 am UTC

I was thinking about something like: "If you don't know what to do, RTFM!", but that's not much funny or clever. :?
Spoiler:
How many Sol Badguys does it take to screw in a Lightbulb?
I dunno.
GUN FLAME!!!
Dantez

Postby Whispering » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am UTC

nekolux wrote:I took a picture of the wall scribblings from the finale of left 4 dead and saved it on my ipod. When i went to school i copied out the scribblings. No zombie is safe from chicago ted. :D
Synthuir wrote:Possibly:
'"Johnny was a chemist's son,
But Johhny is no more.
What Johnny thought was H20-
Was H2SO4"
-Does that make Schrödinger the killer?'

That's from a think geek t shirt i think

No, it's been around since I was in school which was way before think geek.
Kendo_Bunny wrote:The only thoughts you don’t tell him are the ones where you want to ride that sparkly ass like Seabiscuit.
Whispering

Postby Pit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:52 pm UTC

"If you twinkle
And it sprinkles
Please be neat,
wipe the seat"

I thought it was very clever.

My school also has a lot of Gandhi quotes on the walls.
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit
Pit

Postby Internetmeme » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:46 pm UTC

Alright, this wasn't at my high school, but I did find this at a bar's bathroom, of all places. The guitar school that I go to (on Saturdays, half hour lessons) had a concert at the Windjammer in Charleston, SC. It was a two day concert, there were so many people, and I played Daytripper last night at 7:30, second to last person to go on.
Alright, here's what it looked like, the grey is the actual pencil quote, and the black is the sharpie:

Pathetic
Only once we have lost everything are we free to do anything
Genius!
I don't think so.
You are now breathing manually.
Also, you just lost a certain Game...

Spoiler:
Internetmeme

Postby Figment » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:53 am UTC

recently discovered a collection of Futurama quotes ("Bite my shiny metal ass!")

also, found on the desk I sit at in Biology was a conversation between two others that shared my desk that I've been watching develop for a few days

1: Bio is BS
2: Biology is why you are who you are, and if not for biologists, you probably would have died from some horrible disease by now.
By the way, stop trying to sound badass, you make yourself look like an idoit
1: Nerd...
2: The compliment is appreciated, but unneeded. You see, my self-confidence doesn't exactly rise and fall with the opinions of freshmen.
1: I'M NOT A FRESHMAN!
2: Then stop acting like one!

There hasn't been a reply for a couple days now....
"Once you duct-tape a Ziploc bag to a man's chest, there's no going back."
Figment

Postby partyofnone » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm UTC

It's not exactly the topic, but I just want to share.

I recently found myself in a stall of a particular female recruit head in boot camp in which many, many, many people had written their own bits of graffiti. Written in recruit ink pen, most of it in recruit handwriting, was the most inspirational graffiti I've ever read in my life. There were the "You can make it!"s and various forms saying the same thing. There were the "Love thy shipmate"s and the "God in in this dark place"s and more of those. Then there were the more specific ones, which mostly said their day of training and something like "It gets better, I promise!" Some were more eloquent, some were far from it, but all of them meant that someone was thinking of you. It was like a hug in graffiti form. ^_^ I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but I was a recruit.
partyofnone

Postby Random832 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:06 pm UTC

partyofnone wrote:Written in recruit ink pen, most of it in recruit handwriting,

Recruits use different pens and have different handwriting from everyone else? I mean, of course, you're probably right in that you can infer it from the location, but i've got to wonder about the handwriting analysis.
Random832

Postby partyofnone » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:43 pm UTC

Random832 wrote:
partyofnone wrote:Written in recruit ink pen, most of it in recruit handwriting,

Recruits use different pens and have different handwriting from everyone else? I mean, of course, you're probably right in that you can infer it from the location, but i've got to wonder about the handwriting analysis.

Actually, in Navy boot camp, yes. We had to use a particular type of black ink pen and we had to write in what they called, "recruit handwriting," at all times. I posted a sample of it on the handwriting thread.
partyofnone

Postby darkmavis » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm UTC

One of the toilets at my Uni had "Ceiling Cat is watching you..." written on the wall...

Must admit, I had to look up to check.

Our computer labs have a printout of Ceiling Cat stuck to the ceiling too. I love computing students...
The new newb.

*hug*
darkmavis

Postby lordofnarf » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:46 am UTC

At my school, the only graffiti is love poems written in blood by people who are angsty and have no right to be. It drives me nuts because they have to close the bathrooms every time that happens. One of my friends is trying to counteract that by taping up Thoreau quotes on the wall.
lordofnarf

Postby zombiefeynman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 pm UTC

I've got a few.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom" in the room used for Literary Analysis.

"You look for meaning in the wrong places" next to a bunch of emo scrawls on a wall.

(and, of course, "the cake is a lie" once or twice)
zombiefeynman

Postby Random832 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:22 pm UTC

partyofnone wrote:
Random832 wrote:

Actually, in Navy boot camp, yes. We had to use a particular type of black ink pen and we had to write in what they called, "recruit handwriting," at all times. I posted a sample of it on the handwriting thread.

That's some impressive discipline, to follow that rule even in breaking what I assume there is a rule against writing on the walls of the toilet stalls.

darkmavis wrote:Our computer labs have a printout of Ceiling Cat stuck to the ceiling too. I love computing students...

Just a printout?
Random832

Postby apeman5291 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:24 am UTC

I wrote "You lost the game" on the wall in front of a urinal at my school, and I found out several months later that I got someone at my rival school when he took the SAT. That was my crowning achievement. That stall is now a graffiti-style /b/.
What you don't understand, you can make mean anything.
apeman5291

Postby Ralith The Third » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:36 pm UTC

Monika wrote:It is. After all, there is cake in the end, isn't there?

Even if it's a picture.
Omni.
Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Whelan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

Wasn't in a bathroom, but even still. At our school, every student is given a diary, with the colour on the cover being different for each year. The other day, a friend of mine walked into a lesson, and on his desk found the back cover of one of these diaries, belonging to a year 8 (About 12 or 13) It had, scrawled on it. "I visit 4chan" in block capitals. We were both much amused, and a bunch of people saw it and went to find out what 4chan is. My friend carries that cover around with him now.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.
Whelan

Postby iceberg » Sun May 03, 2009 11:59 pm UTC

Once i started the old game of "change one letter in the previous four letter word to make a new word". And it went on for a long time before the janitors erased it because it took up almost half the stall door

We pretty much hit every bad word imaginable.
}{}{}{}{}{
you put your mouth on that, and your not even wearing any underwear
iceberg

PreviousNext

Return to School