The Squirrel Game - Game Over! Town Win!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: The Squirrel Game - Night 4 (What does these mean?!)

Postby AngrySquirrel » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:36 pm UTC

As the morning breaks the remaining survivers of The Small Fishing Village carefully approaches Azrael001's house. Long before they reach it however the smell of fish fills their noses, as they open the door they notice that it is indeed a shop, more specifically, a fish-shop. Fish and fish-guts are lying everywhere and the smell is enough to make anyone feel bad. On the wall it is scribbled "Please!!! Just leave me alone!!!". Puzzled they head out. A sniffly ameretrifle, who has been using rather heavy amounts of nose-spray suddenly cries out, "This is a big one!" As she starts on the biggest sneeze of all time ameretrifle explodes in a shower of blood, goo and intestines. Someone has been replacing her nose-spray with liquid explosives! Horrified the remaining villagers flee home and take as many showers as they can. When they gather up again however they notice that Myrrh7x is still smelling rather fishy.

Azrael001 is dead, he was the insane fishmonger (town)
Ameretrifle is dead, she was the flotation device (super-town)

5 players left.
3 votes to lynch.
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel
Eats nuts for breakfast...

Re: The Squirrel Game - Day 5 (Revenge of the fish!)

Postby Azrael001 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:59 pm UTC

I told you so!
Azrael001

Postby myrrh7x » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:22 pm UTC

Well this is somewhat amusing.
My role has ended up blank again.
I'm not sure if my night actions actually accomplished anything over the 4 2 nights.
Blaaaah.
Anyway, after rereading some tidbits, I've concluded that whoever claimed fluffy werewolf should be held under suspicion.
Why?
Because of the Miller bit.
It'd be easy for scum to say that they are Millers.
myrrh7x

Postby ameretrifle » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:45 am UTC

...I find the hideousness of my demise to be peculiarly appropriate. By which I mean, "Bah".
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby cycoden » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 am UTC

the turtle wrote:Well this is somewhat amusing.
My role has ended up blank again.
I'm not sure if my night actions actually accomplished anything over the 4 2 nights.
Blaaaah.
This doesn't make much sense. How is your role blank?
the turtle wrote:Anyway, after rereading some tidbits, I've concluded that whoever claimed fluffy werewolf should be held under suspicion.
Why?
Because of the Miller bit.
It'd be easy for scum to say that they are Millers.
See if I bother to say your name again :P

Seriously, it would take a rather bold crazy-insane OOTD-esque scum to try and pull that off. I am not OOTD. And remember the scum tried to kill me - MaJ targeted IS N1. Also, miller is an appropriate weakness to be paired with being unnightkillable. So. To the patented ladder of scummyness:

1. Kells: Lurked until called out for it. Seems to have a scummy role, which she claims is pro-town. And bank(st)ers are far more profitable criminals than the mafia :P. FoS'd, then voted for Az. Was suspicious of sungura when she randomly bandwagoned, then said it wasn't vote-worthy, then changed her mind again and joined the sungura lynch at the very end.
2. Kipper: Quiet, below my radar. Textbook behaviour for scum or town power role.
2. Myrr: Is acting weird. His role appears to have produced no tangible benefit for the town, despite his claims.
4. Wildcard: Mediocre Man seems to fit the position of a wishful hero quite nicely. Has been active, if overzealous.
-. Cycoden: I breadcrumbed my role Day 1, and was the first to roleclaim Day 2 after I had caused the scum to waste a night kill. Admittedly, I haven't been the most active player, but I'd like to think my contributions have been useful in rooting out scum. I was wrong about the sweeney todd stuff (since IS was town), but damn it seemed to make sense at the time...

Vote: kells
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.
cycoden

Postby myrrh7x » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 am UTC

My powers are completely based in luck.
And seeing as I have no luck, and don't get much attention, this role is my complete opposite.
Of course, AS might have rigged something, but I doubt it.

Luck seems to want to screw me over everywhere...
(Flashback to playing Fire Emblem)
myrrh7x

Postby Kipper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 am UTC

Cycoden claiming miller is not worth lynching him over. He's done nothing suspicious, and was targeted night one. I see no problems there.
Myrrh smells fishy, so I'm assuming he was being honest about his roleclaim.
Wildcard has been active, a little overzealous, but nothing out of his ordinary.
Kells was lurking, and only stopped lurking once people called her out on it. And a point Az made. The scum could alter the sheriff's investigation. So can Kells if he claim is true. Hmmm.
As for me? I've been busy (no longer true), and have made my claim as fully as I can make it. I switched votes for the sake of progress. And the idea we could lynch Kells today if Az was innocent. We'll see what happens though.
Amy: (11:06:09 PM) ***Amy huggles Kipper
Amy: (11:06:13 PM) Amy: Leave my fishy alone.

[3:05pm] Amy: NO TOUCHING KIPPER
[3:05pm] Amy: MY FISHY!
Kipper

Postby myrrh7x » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:05 am UTC

You've forgotten that he doesn't need to be scum, he could be an independent.
myrrh7x

Postby Wildcard » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 am UTC

I don't bloody know. I need to do a reread and I don't think it's likely I'll be able to tonight.

I will say, now that it doesn't matter, that AMT, IS and I were masons. You can find evidence of this yourself if you doubt it (see interchange yesterday or day before where I mentioned that someone else could confirm my role if they wished, and AMT posting "anyone else, if you want something, you'll have to ask for it real clear"). Now that I am the *last* mason, I am basically a vanilla townie. Cycoden I currently trust, but my scumdar was terrible for Az and I'm not trusting it without a reread or at LEAST a re-skim.

Myrrh, do you have to act fishy today? Was that asked for? You *are* seeming a little fishy and I'm not sure if it's just flavor or what....

And sorry for the overzealousness, as Kipper says it is nothing out of my ordinary. I started out this game very mediocre, but starting Nickrole made it tricky to come over here and suddenly be very mediocre, so yeah.

Kellsbells, make a post of some sort please.
There's no such thing as a funny sig.
Wildcard
Candlestick!

Postby kellsbells » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:22 am UTC

Wildcard wrote:Kellsbells, make a post of some sort please.
Okay.

Honestly, I'm shocked. Az's reticence about his role was the only really scummy thing I had seen, and his pushing for my death made it that much easier for me to find him suspicious. And now that he's come up town, I'm implicated somehow. Not so great.

Cycoden's post made some decent points (minus the vote for me, of course). If he happens to be scum, well, he's made a rather impressive claim, and hats off to him. But I doubt it. As far as everyone else goes, I suppose cycoden had a point that Kipper has been "under the radar" but that could mean a lot of things. Myrrh, I don't know what to think. His claim was bizarre enough to seem plausible, but the fact that his supposed powers have done nothing noticeable does not sit well with me. Also, the "smelling fishy" could be flavor text, or...more? Wildcard seems pretty believable to me at this point, although I suppose the Mason claim could be a clever attempt to look town, now that his fellows are dead. Still, he does seem to have evidence for their connection, so I generally trust him.

There. That's all I've got.
A good pun is its own reword.
L wrote:A day without kells is a day not worth living.
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby cycoden » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 am UTC

kells wrote:If he happens to be scum, well, he's made a rather impressive claim
Hehe. I wish. I'm not sure how I'd fake the failed night kill though...
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.
cycoden

Postby myrrh7x » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:08 pm UTC

Not my fault my luck sucks.
I'm not even sure what the things did.
I'd like to know who would be affected by the fireworks, or my fishy smell, but no-one really knows.
Besides, I informed the town that smelling fishy was one of the possible outcomes of my powers.
And honestly, I'm not really pursuing Cycoden.
I'm just pointing out the holes in reasoning.
Another thing, I don't like assuming people are town just because they contribute.
Metagame me, I always seem to accuse the "pro-townies" of being scum at some point or another.
Seems Nebu left a lasting impression on me.
myrrh7x

Postby Kipper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:44 pm UTC

[quote="Kipper"]
Kells was lurking, and only stopped lurking once people called her out on it. And a point Az made. The scum could alter the sheriff's investigation. So can Kells if he claim is true. Hmmm.
/quote]
Mmk, for reasons conveniently posted in this here quote above me, I'm going to vote. It's not lylo just yet, and I'm assuming there aren't enough mafia to pull off a speed lynch, so I feel safe putting up my vote.
Vote : Kellsbells
I should never have unvoted, I'm sorry Az.

Kipper

Postby Kipper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:44 pm UTC

Oh lord quote failure, preview has failed me :(
Apologies for the failure.

Kipper

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 am UTC

You'd better be sorry, I'm dead because of you, and you alone.
Azrael001

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am UTC

Ignore him, I voted him first an' he can take it up with me. Dead people should only fight with other dead people. That's the problem I've always had with ghost movies-- what happens to all the ghosts of the people who've been horribly murdered by this ghost? At some point, can't they join up together and kick its ass?

*rattles chains and departs*
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby Wildcard » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:30 am UTC

Okay, I don't see Kipper, myrrh or Cycoden as being Mafia. I'm going with Kells.

After the spectacular failure of mine to make logic work in my favor in other games, I'm going to go with my instincts here. If I'm wrong I imagine the game will be over, but if it's not you can lynch me...but you'll lose if you do. Anyways, enough chatter, I think I'm right so Vote: Kellsbells Is that hammer?

Quote from somewhere: logic is a way of proving yourself conclusively wrong, in spite of what you know. :PDo I win? Do I get a cookie?
Wildcard
Candlestick!

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:13 am UTC

That is the last nail.

After some walking about, looking at the clear grey sky and thinking about how life could have been had they only studied harder, the townspeople decided to nail up Kells and her magical bells to a rocket and send her into outer space. A jingly noise was heard as she shoot off into the sky from all her bells and coins jingling.
Slightly worried, but with an attitude of whatever, the townies decided to search her home at once before night fell. There they found huge sacks filled with cash, tax-reports and deeds to all their houses. They also found a horrifying mask marked as "Sungura's" and some baseball-bats marked as belonging to Frogman and CntRational. The town cheered! It was quite clear to them that they'd finally managed to nail the last scum.

Kellbells has been lynched. She was the banker and head of the mafia.

Town wins!
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel

Postby Wildcard » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:14 am UTC

EBWOP: That wasn't very mediocre. Oh well.

Oh, wow, perfect timing. Ninja'd by my vindication!
Wildcard
Candlestick!

Postby Wildcard » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 am UTC

Spoiler time!
Wildcard
Candlestick!

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:24 am UTC

Yay! :D And one of the League survived too. Good work, Wildcard!

By the way, MaJ, you were the bane of my friggin' LIFE in this game. First you kill IS, who was the one of us (Wildcard, IS and me) who had a power that stood half a chance of being helpful. (Cop powers. Though N1 he investigated CF, IIRC, and got blinded for the next night. Oh, the wonderful luck we had.) Then you kill Jam (right?), who I really should've protected and nearly did (I think the only spoilers I posted this game were just me bitching about the one-shot doc thing). If you hadn't died that night yourself I might've tried to strangle you. ;) No, really.
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby kellsbells » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:26 am UTC

Le sigh. The poor scum in this game were doomed from Day 1. I'm honestly surprised I made it this far! Good job, guys.
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby michaelandjimi » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:30 am UTC

It was my job to kill JoJ!

Really I should've killed the scum as well, but I get some points, I guess.

I can't remember what, but IS said something that made me think he was Corrupt Sherrif at a cursory glance.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)
michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:35 am UTC

Roles:

Spoiler:
Townies:

Fluffy werewolf (town aligned)

You are the fluffy werewolf. You are fluffy and not really all that bothered about doing all that killing and maiming that werewolves are supposed to do.
Instead you like to spend your nights at home making sure you don't have a bad hair day. You are immune to nightkills, but will show up on investigations as scum even if you in reality like the town quite a lot. If someone attempts to kill you, you will however have a bad hair day and require only half the amount of votes to get lynched.

The Corrupt Sheriff (town aligned)

You are a sheriff, and a good one as that, and you do really love your townies. However, they don't pay you enough and it's a bleak dark world out there. You will get an investigation each night. However the mafias can choose to bribe you twice during the game. They will then determine what the outcome of you investigation will be.

Light in the night (town aligned)
You are shiny, very shiny, anyone who approaches you at night will get blinded and any abilities they try to use after that for the next day and night will fail. (Meaning, if they tried to kill you or investigate or somesuch the action will succeed but future actions for the day or night will fail, this includes votes). (This role is also the avengers light and he/she is the only one who can approach it without getting blinded).

The Insane fishmonger (town aligned)

Every day! Every single day those damn thugs are over and take your money. You find that quite annoying. Also there are those damned pesky customers who always wants something out of you. It's enough to drive you insane. And it has. The first person that approaches you, you will choke with fishguts. This does not apply for Fishnet Stockings however since she/he is quite prepared to deal with fishiness.

The attention prostitute. (town aligned)
You want attention. MORE ATTENTION! You can never get enough attention. If only someone would kill you or something, at least then they would care, right? Your goal is to be mentioned as many times as possible during the day (your name that is, references don't work) this will reward you attention points, for these attention points you can buy one of 3 things. 5 attention points rewards you a duck. For 10 you can buy some anti-shark repellant spray and for 70 you can buy a real cookie. You also want someone to kill you during the night as this would be the ultimate win for you. (Only one mentioning per post counts, quotes does not count and you saying your own name over and over again does not count).

The barber (town aligned):

You are one of the greatest victims of the mafia. They killed your family (well, they ran over your cat), ate your dinner and poisoned your goldfish (he got better). You are also probably the worst barber ever and you accidentally happened to cut the head off one of your latest customers. To avoid bad PR you decided to hang him up from the clocktower during the night, while you were up there you discovered that it was very slippery so you decided to warn people of this by writing BEWARE on the wall. You have a very sharp razor but you are not too bright, and highly clumsy. You also got blood on your hands. The PI is looking for you, and if he finds you, you are dead. However, you get one chance to deal with him with a 1-shot nightkill.

The league of wishful heroes:

The league of heroes consists of three people, who are not as much heroes, but at least they are trying. Our heroes are Mediocre Man. Flotation Device
and Fishnet Stockings! Together they fight crime as only they can do and can communicate at night.

Mediocre Man (super town aligned)

You are Mediocre Man, all you do is mediocre. You get a 1-shot investigation. You are scared of the dark however so this is a day investigation.

Floatation Device (super town aligned)

When you was a young boy (or girl) you found you had a special power that let you do some amazing things! Never again would anyone die to drowning when you were around! However you easily catch colds so your night protection ability is 1-shot.

Fishnet Stockings! (super town aligned)
You are the mighty Fishnet Stocking and leader of the league of heroes. You got killer legs. And you like it. With your mighty fishnet stockings you can capture a target, and by showing your mighty legs you can make them tell you anything. This basically means you get a one night skilled investigation, (you learn their whole role, but since you are also quite forgetful you do not learn their alignment unless it's in their role description).

Independents:

Avenger (independent)
You are an independent serial killer, you can kill 1 person each night. Your goal is to kill the corrupt sheriff, since he has wronged you in the past.
However, there is someone out there who are your light in the dark, if this person gets killed your objective will change, and you aim will be to get
revenge. If your light was killed by the scum your objective will be to hunt down them. If you light was lynched you will go on a mad killing spree, wanting to do
as much damage to everyone as possible. If you light was killed by you, you will suicide. If you light was killed by another independent your goal will be to hunt down this person. (the light here would be the light in the night). You will be informed if something happens to your shiny light.
You turn up as town on investigations.

The Private Investigator (PI) (Independent):

Someone has hired you to find the killer of the pharmacist. You don't know who but they are paying well so it all good for you. Every night you can send in one name. If this is the person who killed the pharmacist that person will be publicly executed the next morning. You also hold no allegiances to anyone until this person has been found or you are dead. On investigations you turn up town.

Mafia:

(note! The banker is not a godfather, and will turn up guilty on investigations, the mob does neither fall apart on his death but become freelancers, aka they still continue as the mob, and they still got access to the bankers cash so they can still bribe the sheriff).

Banker (mafia boss)

You are the wealthy banker and leader of the mafia. You are rich enough to own the town but you are also cheap and don't want to pay, so you have made your own group of thugs and madmen to threaten the store owners to pay you "protection money". You can also bribe the corrupt sheriff twice during the game, you will then get to decide on what his investigations will bring up.

Overeager thug (mafia aligned)

You love your job. Killing, hurting and scaring people is just so satisfying. You are probably taking a bit too much pleasure in your job, making yourself a scary costume to strike even more fear into the hearts of your enemies. First time someone tries a night-action against you they get so scared they run home and are unable to vote the following day.

2 Normal well adjusted thugs (mafia)

You are ok, with almost anything, you are a cool cat. And the job pays well so why not do it? You are a mafia thug and nothing more.

Items (only purcasable by the attention prostitute):

Duck (item)
Using the duck will cause 1 of 3 effects to take place on the target:
1. The duck tells the owner the targets alignment
2. The duck tells the target who the owner is, the target will also get the chance to use the duck once themselves.
3. The duck explodes into the night sky creating some interesting fireworks
The duck is 1-shot (but there is plenty of them so you can buy as many as
you want (but only use 1 per night)).

Anti-Shark Repellant Spray (item)
This can only be used on your self and will create 1 of 3 random effects:
1. You turn immune to night-kills for 1 night.
2. Nightkills made by the mafia is redirected to you.
3. You start smelling slightly fishy
This is a 1-shot item (it's also in short stock so you can only buy it once)

The REAL cookie (item)
This can also only be used by you and it will just have one effect
1. Turns you into a regular well-adjusted vanilla townie.

Assigned roles
Spoiler:
Town:
Azrael001 -Insane Fishmonger
Bon/crucialityfactor -Light in the Night
cycoden -Fluffy werewolf
kipper -Barber
Myrrh7x -Attention Prostitute
Jar'O'Jam -Corrupt Sheriff

Superheroes:
Wildcard -Mediocre Man
InstinctSage -Fishnet Stockings!
ameretrifle -Floatation Device

Independents:

michaelandjimi -Avenger
une see -Private Investigator

Mafia:

Sungura -Overeager thug
Kellsbells - Banker
Frogman -Normal well-adjusted thug
CntRational -Normal well-adjusted thug

Night 1:
Spoiler:
une see (private investigator) - investigates kellsbells
Jar'O'jam (corrupt sheriff) -investigates ameretrifle (wait for banker)
Kipper (barber) - no action
InstinctSage: Investigates the light in the night
ameretrifle (floatation device): not using.
InstinctSage: investigates crucialityfactor
maj (avenger) : kills InstinctSage
Banker (kellsbells):
Mafia: targets cycoden

Night 2:
Spoiler:
Une see is lynched
Maj (avenger) Kill cntrational
Jar'O'Jam (sheriff) investigates kipper(townie)
Kipper (barber) no action

Night 3:
Spoiler:
Jar'O'Jam investigates kellsbells
Myrrh uses duck on kellsbells (random.org says 6 = effect nr. 3, interesting fireworks)
Maj kills Jar'O'Jam
Kells (mafia) kills Maj

Night 4:
Spoiler:
Azrael001 is lynched
Kells - kills ameretrifle
Myrrh -buys&uses repellant (random.org says 6 = action 3, smells fishy)
Ameretrifle protects Wildcard
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel

Postby ameretrifle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 am UTC

Oh, I know it was your job, MaJ. Doesn't mean you weren't the bane of my life, though. Just means that wasn't entirely your fault. ^^

I will be hitting myself over not protecting Jar'o'Jam for quite some time. I knew it, that's what gets me...
ameretrifle
Vera

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 am UTC

Note to self. Next time, make the scum more powerful and bring in some jesterbombs.
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel

Postby myrrh7x » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:48 am UTC

DAMN YOU RNG.
YOU BETRAYED ME YET AGAIN.
myrrh7x

Postby Sungura » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 pm UTC

:( I was too overeager.
Zarq wrote:Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 pm UTC

I wish to thank AngrySquirrel for the game! Yay!
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud
Jar'O'Jam

Postby InstinctSage » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:23 pm UTC

michaelandjimi wrote:It was my job to kill JoJ!

Really I should've killed the scum as well, but I get some points, I guess.

I can't remember what, but IS said something that made me think he was Corrupt Sherrif at a cursory glance.

Perhaps I was dropping cop tells :lol:

When I got blinded by CF I figured my usefulness was probably just about done anyway.
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.
InstinctSage

Re: The Squirrel Game - Game Over! Town Win!

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:58 pm UTC

Figured out Kells again. Go me.
Azrael001

Postby crucialityfactor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 pm UTC

It doesn't say who killed me...but eh...I was told it was the mafia...so I did my job...good job town...

Also...had no idea i was connected to the avenger...must have missed that in my role pm...
crucialityfactor
Ry-Ry

Postby AngrySquirrel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm UTC

crucialityfactor wrote:Also...had no idea i was connected to the avenger...must have missed that in my role pm...

Yea, you weren't supposed to know so that part was left out of your pm. I just have it there to remind myself of it.
Brainssss
AngrySquirrel

Postby kellsbells » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:19 pm UTC

Azrael001 wrote:Figured out Kells again. Go me.
I really need to just start killing you straight off.
kellsbells
Queen of Cupcakes

Postby Azrael001 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

Should have kept my mouth shut...
Azrael001

Postby une see » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 pm UTC

Another game where I won as town and didn't help at all! I love being town; I really do. (Although I don't love getting lynched for lurking. :()
T.S. Eliot in "The Waste Land" wrote:APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
une see
Is my girl

Previous

Return to Mafia