POST YOUR MUSIC HERE and actually Listen too! (Rules in OP)

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Post YOUR music here (Merged : The Rainbow Correction)

Postby Clumpy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:44 pm UTC

2Hectic wrote:Thanks man!
We haven't gotten around to online sales yet... But soon!
This etree thing is rather interesting. I'll try to get a good recording off of our next show.
It's March the 28th so check after that!

Man, I miss local ska and rockabilly. I'm going to have to get back into that scene. Reminds me of when I was into that whole Aquabats scene and I'd go to Bricks every other week in SLC before they changed the name.
Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:39 pm UTC

I went ahead and uploaded my EP to YouTube (unfortunately in lower-quality due to YouTube's audio limitations). You can listen to the playlist here.
Clumpy

Postby Lleu » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 pm UTC

Well, I have a recording of May the Force be with You by John Williams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnWwgMgDE7o
I should probably put on some ragtime sometime too.
Lleu

Postby Ninjew » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:36 am UTC

Soon (by this Friday) I will compose a song for my final Music Theory project. It is our Atonal project, and we are to use either a Hexachord, or a 12 Tone Row. I chose to use a Hexachord, based off of the first six unique digits of e. Funny thing is, it comes out to the first six notes of the whole-half scale. I'll post it here when its done.
Ninjew

Postby Happyhovercraft » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 am UTC

i accidently started a new thread about this, but now that I've found the right one, i would just like to share some of my music. It's all recorded in my own little studio.

www.myspace.com/evinatra
Happyhovercraft

Postby InfamousAnarchist » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 am UTC

I am incredibly thankful to whomever listened to the Infamous Ocean-Borns sample. I am pretty sure that you must have had the Last.fm player installed, and now we have a page on the website. Which I think is hilarious. (The Facebook page will be updated with stuff, even if the Last.fm page will only be updated slowly. We have a new song on the Facebook page, "The No-One's Lament [Imperia Edition]". We like it. We do try to keep a record of things, as well.
Our recording method took out the thump of the piano keys, (which can be interpreted as drums apparently?) and it should sound better overall. Yay, technology!
sever every leg
amanda palmer please come home please
InfamousAnarchist

Postby Ninjew » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:04 am UTC

Well, here it is, as I said. Entitled Song for Euler, it uses the first six unique digits of e as a hexachord, and goes on from there, using transpositions, and inversions of those numbers. For Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, and Tuba.

Here ya go.
Ninjew

Postby Blokey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:32 pm UTC

Ninjew that is pretty nifty. For an atonal work, it's quite listenable. And I hugely approve of doing nerdy stuff like that anyway!

It strongly, strongly reminds me of (I so hope there's at least one other person on the forum who thought this too):
Spoiler:
the music from Taz in Escape from Mars, on the Megadrive/Genesis! Major, major nostalgia whiplash right there. Not what you were intending, but thanks anyways!
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff
Blokey

Postby Midnight » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 pm UTC

My band

we started recording a few days ago, need to get that shit up there. The funniest part is that the song that's on the player is just me in audacity overdubbing. but someday there will be more stuff. someday soon. and it doesn't sound at all like the song that's up there.
uhhhh fuck.
Midnight

Postby thatguy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm UTC

I'm going to start a noise rock type band with a friend of mine.

I'm playing guitar, badly (my fingers are too damned big), and he's playing drums, also badly. I 'spose I'll be doing vocals, although I'm not coordinated enough to sing and play, and they'll probably be very Craig Finn-ish due to my inability to sing. It should be tons of fun.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!
thatguy

Postby iglidante » Mon May 04, 2009 3:50 pm UTC

I write / record my own rock songs using my cobbled-together PC setup (broken as of last night due to disk read errors, but hey, that's another story).

Just recently, I was actually able to finish an album. I'd probably call it dark, highly-textured rock - but honestly, that's open to interpretation. Either way, it's well-produced, and the mixes have a lot going on. So far, I've got a MySpace page (of course), and a quick website I threw up on a domain I had lying around, to host tablature, lyrics, and other info.

http://www.myspace.com/jespinmusic (MySpace, of course)

http://www.rigelvii.com (the companion website)

So, if you're interested, check it out - let me know what you think, if you're in the mood.
Baby, don't you know the world's okay? But you're all wrapped around these gears, dreaming that tomorrow is today.

http://ianmarquis.bandcamp.com/album/the-shivers
iglidante

Postby ChocloManx » Tue May 05, 2009 11:38 pm UTC

Lleu wrote:Well, I have a recording of May the Force be with You by John Williams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnWwgMgDE7o
I should probably put on some ragtime sometime too.

Hey that's pretty damn good.
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
-Ambrose Bierce

"My God, all the matter in the universe has just rapidly expanded outward, in some sort of bang."
ChocloManx

Postby Dingbats » Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 pm UTC

60 Minutes of Noise is a sound noise project by me and a very musical friend. It sounds like a mixture of musical instruments, voices, tape, delays, ring modulation, distortion and random noises.

The album 60 Minutes of Noise: Hong Kong action cinema is downloadable at givememynoise.com.
Dingbats

Postby afarnen » Fri May 15, 2009 2:22 am UTC

My experimental song (kind of a breakbeat noise rock song that was mostly accidentally written): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zV9SENjD8U

thatguy wrote:I'm going to start a noise rock type band with a friend of mine.

I'm playing guitar, badly (my fingers are too damned big), and he's playing drums, also badly. I 'spose I'll be doing vocals, although I'm not coordinated enough to sing and play, and they'll probably be very Craig Finn-ish due to my inability to sing. It should be tons of fun.

That's exactly what I've been trying to do. Something completely not serious. But all my attempts at starting bands have been complete failures--not surprising, I'm in high school.
afarnen

Postby InfamousAnarchist » Mon May 18, 2009 1:09 am UTC

I love Mackie, but sometimes they make me upset. I am trying to get me some Tracktion (Mackie's music recording/editing software) with this little code thing they gave me with my mixer. And so far, I can't. Does anyone know where to go from here?
sever every leg
InfamousAnarchist

Postby SirMustapha » Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 pm UTC

This is a song from the album I'm currently working on: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~fhcanto/austin.mp3

It's a work-in-progress; the mix needs tinkering with the levels, EQ's, reverbs and whatnot, but pretty much all instruments are firmly in place. It's 11 minutes long, and it encompasses most of the album's goals and it's quite possibly the most ambitious and complex thing I've ever managed to pull so far.

If you listen to it, you'll see that the flute and string sounds were made with Mellotron samples, achieved with the Tapeworm VSTi. I love that sound.

Also, "Austin" refers to the character in my avatar. It's part of the album's "concept".
SirMustapha

Postby thatguy » Fri May 22, 2009 1:58 pm UTC

thatguy

Postby ChocloManx » Sun May 24, 2009 6:18 am UTC

whoa, that looks pretty damn okay.
-Ambrose Bierce

"My God, all the matter in the universe has just rapidly expanded outward, in some sort of bang."
ChocloManx

Postby WholeLottaSean » Wed May 27, 2009 8:50 am UTC

http://www.myspace.com/thiswayupuk

That's my band!

We are gigging around London at the moment. Well, after 20th June we will be cos of those dam exams.

We have once been described as 'slightly unworkable', so I hope those expectations are met.
WholeLottaSean

Postby InfamousAnarchist » Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

ChocloManx wrote:

whoa, that looks pretty damn okay.

DO WANT
WILL USE
sever every leg
InfamousAnarchist

Postby Blinke » Thu May 28, 2009 6:17 pm UTC

WholeLottaSean wrote:http://www.myspace.com/thiswayupuk

That's my band!

We are gigging around London at the moment. Well, after 20th June we will be cos of those dam exams.

We have once been described as 'slightly unworkable', so I hope those expectations are met.

Me like :o Will you be releasing a cd anytime soon?
Blinke

Postby WholeLottaSean » Thu May 28, 2009 8:04 pm UTC

Thanks Blinke,
We won't be for a while, all we have is the demo with the same 4 tracks that are on the myspace. Once we have a bit of bob saved we can record a worthy album.
Also, we're sorting out design et al at the moment so we don't have a cd cover or anything yet. But as soon as it's done I'll let ya know.

Glad you like it :)
WholeLottaSean

Postby keith hic » Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 am UTC

We've just finished outting together this album http://www.archive.org/details/EverybodyLoops for kids by some of my freinds.

It free hope you like it. :D
keith hic

Postby Hooch » Sat May 30, 2009 3:28 pm UTC

www.myspace.com/nikolaosthedark

My newest song, 1001 Nights, is a baladi/house mix.
LOVE ME
djntd.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/user/DJNTDOfficial
Hooch

Postby Blinke » Sat May 30, 2009 10:23 pm UTC

WholeLottaSean wrote:Thanks Blinke,
We won't be for a while, all we have is the demo with the same 4 tracks that are on the myspace. Once we have a bit of bob saved we can record a worthy album.
Also, we're sorting out design et al at the moment so we don't have a cd cover or anything yet. But as soon as it's done I'll let ya know.

Glad you like it :)

I'm looking forward to that, been listening to the tracks several times a day. Basically Over and Bumshacks are my favourites.
Blinke

Postby thatguy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:21 am UTC

Anyone have tip for home recording on the (very) cheap?

thatguy

Postby TheAmazingRando » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

I've managed to get decent results with nothing but Garage Band and the internal microphone on my laptop. We've done whole-band recording with the levels of each instrument determined by their initial volume and distance from the computer, and even some degree of stereo panning based on their distance from the computer (we tend to go rhythm guitar to one side, lead to the other, drums on the other side of the room). It's hardly high fidelity but I've heard much worse, it's just a matter of finding a room with the right acoustics. The only downside is that the sound of the computer itself is noticeable when the music is too quiet. Buying a microphone (you can get a decent condenser mic for $100) can fix that and raise the fidelity as well.

It depends on the style of music you're recording, of course, but if you're recording noise rock (we tend to play noisy, psychedelic jams) it should be fine. If you don't have a mac, I'm told that Audacity works well, which means your only expense is the microphone. You can also plug the output from a guitar amp directly into a computer, but the result is a bit sterile.
TheAmazingRando

Postby ChocloManx » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:52 am UTC

The other day me and some friends played hilariously rancid metal at our school. I don't know if this counts as "MY music" but meh, here's the video (I'm the one with the hat and the SG)
-Ambrose Bierce

ChocloManx

Postby Ended » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 pm UTC

WholeLottaSean wrote:http://www.myspace.com/thiswayupuk

That's my band!

Hey, I really like Wish, been listening to it quite a lot. Very catchy.
Generally I try to make myself do things I instinctively avoid, in case they are awesome.
-dubsola
Ended

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 pm UTC

noise project: Two Modern Blokes

if you like droning distorted casio keyboard beats this download is for you! please, if you hate things that "aren't music" don't download this! clearly posted, NOISE PROJECT. also, it has some instruments in it and i think it's pretty good so whatev.

EP/Mixtape: Edwardo Suave Eats Blokes For Breakfast
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mdgienjjjmj

thatguy wrote:Anyone have tip for home recording on the (very) cheap?

that depends on what you already have and what you're planning to record. if you're using a computer, it's really all about mics and software.
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls
scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby mullenmakris » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:29 pm UTC

Check out my music here - http://makrismusic.blogspot.com/

Much more to come!
mullenmakris

Postby TheAmazingRando » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:35 pm UTC

scrt_rbt_agnt: downloading now. I'll be sure to give it a listen and post my feedback.
EDIT: That was a lot of fun to listen to. Do you have anything else like it?

My friends and I recorded a couple noisy psychedelic jams recently, so I figured I'd post them. We only have two guitars and drums (no bass : ( ). I'm on rhythm guitar in the first, and rhythmish lead in the second (you'll see what I mean).
Palingenesis
After the Demiurge
Song titles are not final. Everything was basically improvised on the spot, these are probably the third take of each song but they were recorded all at once from beginning to end on a single track.

They sound better with headphones, the leads especially are hard to hear in the second one without them, since we basically set balance and volume based on distance and position from the microphone. Considering the recording equipment we used, I'm actually quite happy with how the sound turned out.
TheAmazingRando

Postby SkaBassist » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:54 pm UTC

My old band, The Allusionists, is now pretty much defunct. This is my new band, The Donner Party Animals.

If you like math rock, post-rock, or saxophone, check it out. Or don't. It's a free country.
SkaBassist

Postby null1024 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:08 pm UTC

Gobs of random crap I've made in various programs [mostly trackers]: http://www.forthesystem.com/media/audio/user/20
I have 44 songs. It's mostly noise, music with breakbeats [whatever it's called], trance, and chip.

This track's one of my favorites:
http://www.forthesystem.com/media/node/148
null1024

Postby InfamousAnarchist » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 pm UTC

@AmazingRando:

Oh, it was your fault that the scrobbler picked up the Infamous Ocean-Born's track.

EXCELLENT.
Last.fm put us up.
sever every leg
InfamousAnarchist

Postby keith hic » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:29 am UTC

It's been on 'ell of a productive couple of months for the Digital Vomit collection (of which i'm a part).

So many new releases (and free) you need to get here http://digitalvomit.wikidot.com/releases.

the most notable releases (interms of artist profiles and breaking ground) are:

DVR039 FrAtEr HaTeR - IA IA GEZORA (MP3 2009)
DVR040 Jansky Noise - Something good is going to happen (MP3 2009)
DVR044 Eustachian - Amarok (MP3 2009)
DVR044 libythth:unpopular-beats-volume-1

Def one for the breakcore / noise plunderphonics likers out there, but i think every one would be pleasently surprised by the new Jansky Noise. not a noisy peices as you'd expect (considering his works on Planet Mu and with V/VM) from him at all - really gentle. a must listen.

don't be scared to try them.
keith hic

Postby Dream » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:33 pm UTC

So these are my humble web presences: becarefulwith.verysharpknives.com. This is where I post the various investigations and experiments in digital audio principles and techniques that I do from day to day. It's not supposed to be finished music, just a blog of what I'm doing right then.

Then there is verysharpknives.bandcamp.com, which will change to verysharpknives.com as soon as my DNS woes are sorted out. This is the place to get my short album, Spheres from earlier this year. You can download it in any format you like, and it's entirely free. It's fairly laid back electronics, nothing too hectic, but hopefully an interesting listen. It's just over thirty minutes long, so it won't take up too much of your time...
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.
Dream
WINNING

Postby scrt_rbt_agnt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 pm UTC

TheAmazingRando wrote:scrt_rbt_agnt: downloading now. I'll be sure to give it a listen and post my feedback.
EDIT: That was a lot of fun to listen to. Do you have anything else like it?

my friend and i have about 10 hour-long recordings on my computer and even more tapes we recorded with his 4 track (we live about 45mins apart so we meet at eachother's space every other week. oh god i hope that makes sense).

anyway yeah i've been trying to find some time to master some of the more recent ones.

here's two tracks in a zip that are fairly complete. whale song is my fav of anything we've done so far.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2mwdlmt3nfx

also, here's a HUGE 45 min track i decided not to edit because it flows so nicely throughout the entire thing. it's a little monotonous though.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tznuojmuhym
i am a poet and an artist

i don't wanna worry about dyin'
i just wanna worry about sunshine girls
scrt_rbt_agnt
douche bag

Postby SirMustapha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:31 pm UTC

A new composition I'm preparing for my next album. The mix isn't quite finished, but it's very close; all the instruments are firmly in place, with perhaps just a little adjustments on instrument levels and reverb needed. The style is... hard to define, but it's more humourous than avant-garde.

"Pablo"
SirMustapha

Postby Themata » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:43 pm UTC

Picked up my guitar and started playing tonight

Result: http://www.supload.com/listen?s=EQqHC5

Work in progress, Supload probably isnt a very good hosting site but it was all I could find when half asleep.

Feel free to comment, I know its crappily editted. I can't edit D:, I'll do more with it tomorrow(today now) probably. I'll record some drums etc.

Note: The other artists under the name Some Guy aren't me, this is the only musicy thing I've ever uploaded.
Themata

PreviousNext

Return to Music