Futuramafia — Don't stop playing. I want to see how it ends.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

luketheduke
Sour Kraut
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm UTC
Location: Where the Kraut's at

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby luketheduke » Tue May 12, 2009 1:05 am UTC

I have no connection to Master Rahl, but I do raise my suspicions against whoever claimed that Boxie's connection to Calculon would be "obvious". That sounds very much like digging stuff up.

Of course, Master Rahl does kind of come across scummy. A bit like actionism. But everything he does is out in the open, so if he is indeed driving bandwagons against townies, he can only win if we are stupid.

I am currently very busy with a lot of things, so please forgive my lurkiness.
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 am UTC

Entropy wrote:EBWOP: If you want me to believe your role claim and unvote, I'd like you to come clean about your connection with luketheduke, as undoubtedly one exists. I'd also like luke to corroborate it.

This struck me as weird. I don't think there's sufficient reason to assume they must be masonic. Are you prepared to unvote given luketheduke has corroborated the LACK of connection?

Master_Rahl22 wrote:
mister k wrote:I'm also going to point out that completely trusting investigation on scum could be a really bad idea- there's a robot godfather, so it's rather likely there's one here.

Uh, what? This seems kinda out of nowhere considering the investigation we are currently talking about was a one-shot cult investigation, not scum. Casting doubt on the reliability of investigations is not a townie act in my book. IGMEOY

I think he means the investigations that showed cycoden and moody were innocent don't exclude the possibility that one is the Don Bot.

The investigation on trumpkin doesn't say anything re town/scum status.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 12, 2009 10:54 am UTC

EBWOP: Sorry, moody returned independent. I think a godfather would return town?

(All analysis of course assumes the investigators are being truthful.)
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby cycoden » Tue May 12, 2009 12:58 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:EBWOP: Sorry, moody returned independent. I think a godfather would return town?
That is the way it usually works.

Mr Pete and Luke, do you know if your investigations would have revealed whether the players you had investigated had been culted?
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
Mr Pete
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Mr Pete » Tue May 12, 2009 1:25 pm UTC

Replies to my investigations are one word

Une's word refered to town faction and she was town
Brooklynx's refered to antitown faction and he was mafia and cult
Cycoden's refered to town faction

Now this could mean:
I dont pick up on cultists (do normal cops see cults? because if so I think I would)
Brook was both, but korora thought it was only necessary to indicate town or scum (scum meaning antitown, nothing specific)
Order of night actions, investigated Brook when he was only mafia (cult got to him after investigation)

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Adacore » Tue May 12, 2009 1:51 pm UTC

If you get "town" and "antitown" rather than "town" and "scum" I would imagine the "antitown" includes both scum and cult factions, and possibly independents as well, if we have any. Certainly, cult would not fit the definition "town" so if that's the result you get from a cultist then either your investigations are questionable or we have something of a bastard mod. For now I think we can assume that a "town" result is just what it says and an "antitown" result is either scum, cult or both.

User avatar
Mr Pete
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Mr Pete » Tue May 12, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

When I said antitown it actually said scum, sorry for confusion, but the whole no quoting mod PM's is hard when they consist of one word of specific terminology (so hopefully I'll get away with it)

Brook came up scum

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm UTC

@VectorZero: Ah, that makes sense. I had forgotten that one of the Robot Mafia is a godfather stereotype, and it would definitely make sense for Donbot to show up as town to a cop.

I think any of Mr Pete's scenarios are plausible. It just means we can't completely trust town results. Trusting a scum result and lynching a miller is much less dangerous than "clearing" a mafia member.

Ninja'd by Mr Pete: In that case, I think it's likely that you won't detect cult. That makes it very important that we spend our days searching for them since Mr Pete can spend nights searching for mafia. In fact, even in the event that we get a guilty result from Mr Pete, we should make sure we have at least some discussion rather than speed-lynching whoever it is. It would be a shame to eliminate the mafia only to lose to the cult that we let run wild.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
Mr Pete
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Mr Pete » Tue May 12, 2009 6:12 pm UTC

True, we can't let the cult just run around, but I find it likely that the cult will recruit the mafia:

They know who they are
They are known robots therefore recruitable
Godfather may well come up as innocent still even if I can detect cult
Recruiting the mafia effectively gives the cult a NK

Also, taking out the mafia has advantages. There are 13 of us remaining, cults time till majority decreases quickly with 1 lynch, 1 NK and a conversion per night, getting rid of the NK slows things down somewhat. But we're still doomed unless we hit the cult recruiter.

User avatar
Timequake
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Timequake » Tue May 12, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

Mr Pete wrote:True, we can't let the cult just run around, but I find it likely that the cult will recruit the mafia:

They know who they are
They are known robots therefore recruitable
Godfather may well come up as innocent still even if I can detect cult
Recruiting the mafia effectively gives the cult a NK

Also, taking out the mafia has advantages. There are 13 of us remaining, cults time till majority decreases quickly with 1 lynch, 1 NK and a conversion per night, getting rid of the NK slows things down somewhat. But we're still doomed unless we hit the cult recruiter.

So then getting rid of the mafia is still an important goal, but at this point, the cult is a much bigger threat. The mafia would have a hard time getting any kind of majority by now, with only 2 members left, and it would in fact be to their benefit to focus on getting rid of the cult, instead of eliminating townies, unless they've been culted themselves. Once we've dealt with the cult, it should be a comparatively simple task to eliminate the mafia, although the Donbot may still prove difficult to get rid of.
So, 2 scenarios: The mafia could be culted, in which case the cult has just become an even bigger problem and the mafia need to be our primary focus. On the other hand, if they haven't been culted, the first thing we should do is go for the cult leader (who should be the only human left other than Mr Pete), and save the mafia for later.
GENERATION -i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Adacore » Tue May 12, 2009 7:05 pm UTC

Given that Brook was culted and scum, I'd be amazed if the cult aren't in control of the mafia by now, unless he'd only just been recruited and hadn't yet had a chance to communicate with them. Especially given that I've not yet been targeted (as a confirmed robot) for recruitment and moody's detector says Trump (the other confirmed robot) hasn't been culted either - it suggests they're recruiting elsewhere, and the scum are the logical source of more valuable confirmed robots.

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Entropy » Tue May 12, 2009 8:42 pm UTC

Alright, given the likelyhood that the cult have gained control the night kill...

Unroleclaim

Wait, it doesn't work like that? Well shit.

Alright, here's some information that may be helpful while I'm still alive: in order, I have used my decult on kipper, ameretrifle, and timequake, though I never got feedback on whether or not any of them were successful. I'll take feedback on who to use it on tonight, and hope that the scum are not yet cult infested enough to want me dead.

Entropy wonders if being convinced by unculted scum to decult culted scum helps the town

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Tue May 12, 2009 10:05 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:Especially given that I've not yet been targeted (as a confirmed robot) for recruitment

When were you confirmed? You claimed on D1, that's all I'm aware of.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Timequake
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Timequake » Tue May 12, 2009 10:09 pm UTC

Entropy wrote:Alright, given the likelyhood that the cult have gained control the night kill...

Unroleclaim

Wait, it doesn't work like that? Well shit.

Alright, here's some information that may be helpful while I'm still alive: in order, I have used my decult on kipper, ameretrifle, and timequake, though I never got feedback on whether or not any of them were successful. I'll take feedback on who to use it on tonight, and hope that the scum are not yet cult infested enough to want me dead.

Entropy wonders if being convinced by unculted scum to decult culted scum helps the town

Timequake thinks it does, and suggests that if Entropy knows of any culted scum he hurry up and remove a weapon from the cult's hands
So, then, we already knew that kipper wasn't cult because he was robot santa. Now, we can be sure that ameretrifle isn't cult. Also, I never knew about any decult attempts toward me, although I probably would have had I been culted.
Also, would cult members know who other cult members are? If so, then someone who is successfully deculted could identify the other cult members, who could be either deculted or killed.
I'd like to be able to point someone out, but my prime suspect for the cult, Master_Rahl22, is seeming less suspicious with every post.
GENERATION -i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Adacore » Wed May 13, 2009 1:10 am UTC

VectorZero wrote:
Adacore wrote:Especially given that I've not yet been targeted (as a confirmed robot) for recruitment

When were you confirmed? You claimed on D1, that's all I'm aware of.


ok, not fully confirmed, but per the logic mister k posted earlier, I said I was vanilla robot townie immediately after trump's claim of vanilla with hedonism bot. I was the first to claim vanilla robot town (on D1, as you say) and une see's death verified that such roles existed. Prior to that there was no way I could have known that such a role even existed so it's unlikely I would've been able to accurately false-claim as that role.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby ameretrifle » Wed May 13, 2009 3:38 am UTC

Huh. Well, I can confirm that I'm not cult (like that's a statement that can ever be credible), and that I was wholly unaware of any efforts on Entropy's part. Yeah, looks like if he doesn't hit cult, he and his target hear nothing about it. There's other explanations, of course; there always are. But that seems by far the most likely.

Also, now that Timequake and I are pretty well confirmed non-cult (though I don't know if Entropy's power would have any protective effects....), we make excellent recruitment targets. Damn, I hope that doesn't happen. I had more than my fill of being cult in Pokemafia; I wasn't very good at it. :(

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby cycoden » Wed May 13, 2009 3:51 am UTC

ameretrifle wrote:Also, now that Timequake and I are pretty well confirmed non-cult (though I don't know if Entropy's power would have any protective effects....), we make excellent recruitment targets. Damn, I hope that doesn't happen. I had more than my fill of being cult in Pokemafia; I wasn't very good at it. :(
You are only an excellent recruitment target if you actually are a robot though - I presume nothing happens if Entropy targets a non-robot. However, I guess we now know you are a robot of some kind.

Timequake wrote:So, then, we already knew that kipper wasn't cult because he was robot santa. Now, we can be sure that ameretrifle isn't cult. Also, I never knew about any decult attempts toward me, although I probably would have had I been culted.
No we can't. AMT could have been deculted on Night 2, and recruited on Night 3. I agree it is less likely she is cult though.

Timequake wrote:Also, would cult members know who other cult members are? If so, then someone who is successfully deculted could identify the other cult members, who could be either deculted or killed.
I suspect there would be some mod magic preventing this.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby ameretrifle » Wed May 13, 2009 4:08 am UTC

cycoden wrote:You are only an excellent recruitment target if you actually are a robot though - I presume nothing happens if Entropy targets a non-robot. However, I guess we now know you are a robot of some kind.
...I don't think I'm inclined to confirm or deny that just yet. I didn't say whether or not it'd succeed, after all, I just noted that we'd be potential targets. I can tell you that if I am a robot, I am very annoyed with you right now, because of my earlier statement that I really do not want to have to deal with a goddamn cult again. And if I'm not, since I can't be recruited anyway, and being seen as a robot can only help the town, we're totally cool. So let's see if y'all can figure out which. :D

cycoden wrote:
Timequake wrote:So, then, we already knew that kipper wasn't cult because he was robot santa. Now, we can be sure that ameretrifle isn't cult. Also, I never knew about any decult attempts toward me, although I probably would have had I been culted.
No we can't. AMT could have been deculted on Night 2, and recruited on Night 3. I agree it is less likely she is cult though.

Timequake wrote:Also, would cult members know who other cult members are? If so, then someone who is successfully deculted could identify the other cult members, who could be either deculted or killed.
I suspect there would be some mod magic preventing this.
Yeah, I'm with you on all this. Unless, like I said, Entropy's decult thing has some protective effect, which I HIGHLY doubt.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Wed May 13, 2009 3:36 pm UTC

Enough talk. We need to stick the boot into the cult. At the moment, our best option is using the lynch and entropy's decultification together to finish clearing the day 1 bot-claims. Moody and trumpkin have been investigated, pepsiblue/master_rahl and adacore haven't. I think the best option is for entropy to decult adacore (he's right in that he wouldn't have known that plain bot was a role until une see's death, therefore I believe his roleclaim, but see my previous posts for him spreading misinformation) and then to

Vote: Master_Rahl22
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm UTC

Uh, what? You believe adacore's claim of vanilla town more than you believe mine? Or is it that you think I was a more likely cult target because of random silly beeping over somebody who actually claimed robot on D1? I'm not sure I'm following the logic there. Also we've already been discussing whether or not I've been acting anti-town, and the general consensus seemed to be that maybe I'm too aggressive when making a case against people, but that it will be easy to notice later if all I do is drive wagons on townies. Shouldn't we be more concerned with cult/scum hoping to hide in the background until they have a majority and then controlling the lynches? If there's one thing I'm definitely not doing, it's hiding in the background guys. I guess I'm just not following VectorZero's logic here.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
Entropy
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Entropy » Wed May 13, 2009 5:11 pm UTC

Scum like to have influence... why would they be more likely to hide in the background?

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Not A Raptor » Wed May 13, 2009 7:39 pm UTC

KAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

Scum hiding in the background will tend not to draw attention, and can't be accused of leading wagons against townies, to pull an example out of the air. Yes I know this whole argument is covered in WIFOM-sauce, but it's like luketheduke said: when a player is active in discussion and posting analysis, they're building a body of evidence against themselves too. The town can go back over those posts in light of new information and see if there is anything more to be gleaned from them, and there often is when scum are found after a few days.

Also, Not A Raptor seems to have been left out of the discussion of claimed robots. He attempted to explode to demonstrate his role and nothing happened, which may either confirm that he's Malfunctioning Eddy or disprove it. Sorry I know this seems like I'm throwing up things to defend myself, but VectorZero mentioned his plan seeming like he wanted to do something about all claimed robots, and left out NAR.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Not A Raptor » Wed May 13, 2009 9:23 pm UTC

SO... *sniff* ALONE...
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
Timequake
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Timequake » Wed May 13, 2009 9:37 pm UTC

Master_Rahl22 wrote:Also, Not A Raptor seems to have been left out of the discussion of claimed robots. He attempted to explode to demonstrate his role and nothing happened, which may either confirm that he's Malfunctioning Eddy or disprove it.

True. It's possible that he was lying, that as Malfunctioning Eddy he's not exactly able to control his malfunctioning all that well, or perhaps that the explosion doesn't actually kill anyone (although I have no idea what it could do if that were the case).
GENERATION -i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Thu May 14, 2009 3:15 am UTC

Master_Rahl22 wrote:VectorZero mentioned his plan seeming like he wanted to do something about all claimed robots, and left out NAR.


I also left out luketheduke and entropy, because none of them claimed day 1. I think it's very likely one of the D1 claims was recruited. Hence, my vote for you and request that entropy decult adacore.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 am UTC

Timequake wrote:
Entropy wrote:Entropy wonders if being convinced by unculted scum to decult culted scum helps the town

Timequake thinks it does, and suggests that if Entropy knows of any culted scum he hurry up and remove a weapon from the cult's hands
I'd like to be able to point someone out, but my prime suspect for the cult, Master_Rahl22, is seeming less suspicious with every post.

I've been reading over this post several times today; it feels like you just inadvertently claimed unculted scum. I'm not sure enough to vote however. Any thoughts?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:24 pm UTC

Ein minuten bitte! Ich habe einen klienen problemo avec diese religioni theory. Pepsiblue didn't claim D1. True he did beep at everybody, but like I said you can get into WIFOM territory about whether he was claiming robot or just wanted people to think he was.

As for your theory that Timequake is claiming scum, I didn't read it that way at all. I think it was purely intended as a comment that the cult is dangerous enough as it is without having influence on/control of the mafia's NK. Of course, I doubt Entropy knows who the scum are, culted or not so it doesn't matter much whether unculting scum is helpful to the town. Any time he uses his ability it can only help the town because even if the target wasn't cult already, we can know that at least that person is not cult on the day after.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
VectorZero
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Kensington

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby VectorZero » Thu May 14, 2009 11:31 pm UTC

Hgnnnnnn...fine.

Unvote

I thought I'd found a useful patten to establish a logical approach to use of our limited power roles, but no one seems interested. :( I guess it's tricky trying to defend someone elses actions too. As for Timequake, maybe I'm clutching at straws. This day has been going for over a week now, and we're down to 13 people. Why the trouble finding a good lynch candidate?
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Not A Raptor » Fri May 15, 2009 1:58 am UTC

Voting is such an albatross...
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 am UTC

I wouldn't mind lynching NAR, if only to put a stop to the gibberish.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby ameretrifle » Fri May 15, 2009 5:48 am UTC

I can sympathize with that. I think I've mentioned that much before. Lynching someone because they're a pain in the ass isn't usually a good idea, though. Can be tempting... but I'm inclined to trust NAR's claim for the moment, which doesn't make him our best target.

(I wish I had something more helpful to say, but at the moment, I've got nothing. I just want to make sure I don't forget to post again. Oh, I was shamed by that modpoke. I've never done that before. :()

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby mister k » Fri May 15, 2009 3:45 pm UTC

So, here's the results of a thread read through

NAR-Claimed malfunctioning eddy, then made a move that did... nothing. This is certainly odd, not sure what it means
ameretrifle-never claimed a role. Claimed she got an invention and never said what it was....
Cyoden-Never claimed a role. Led a lynch in Vieto's direction. Has been cleared by investigation
TQ-Noooothing. See lynch positions below for more.
MR-Claimed Boxy. While his actions have been scummy, Pepsi didn't strike me as such. Possibly cult?
Vector Zero-No claims, but as Entropy mentioned, Brooklyn did mention something about thinking VZ was clear.
Pete- Almost certainly Leela
Me-I've never claimed a role. If we do a mass role claim, which I'm going to suggest we do, I shall reveal, but right now I don't think me claiming will help.
LuketheDuke-Claimed calculon. Said:

He said a few things that made me put him on Calculon (pretty obvious actually), but then he just kept on being confusing and also outright said he was not Calculon. Maybe he is somehow badly tuned (reminds me of one of the very first episodes, where Bender could detect television with his antenna, but I can't see NAR being Bender right now, that is definitely not conclusive) and roleplays a different character in every post, or it's just generic goofing off and/or muddying the water.


Which would imply bad things- later said he was interested because he knew NAR claiming calculon would imply scummyness.

Trumpkin-Claimed vanilla/hedonism bot. While this was treated with some suspicion, MR has now done the same. Take that to mean what you want.

Adacore- very first to claim pure vanilla. Is probably clean (IMO)

Entropy-Claimed some sort of anti-cult role. This is very, very unclear!

Moody-Claimed Roberto after being threatened with a lynch. Seems reasonable to me.

Confirmed Mafia=Brook and CV
Confirm indep=Kipper (robot santa)
confirmed town-Une, MoA, mega

Roles that we believe still exist-

two mafia (one godfather)
Mum (indep cult)
Robot Devil (indep)

The cult has potentially >=3 members, with one having died.

Interesting votes-

Trumpkin lynch-

brooklyn
luke
cyoden
moody
TQ

Votes for mega-

MR
Trumpkin
brooklyn
me(man that so does not look good)
vieto
luke

votes for entropy-

Brook
NAR
MR

Votes for Vieto-

Cyoden
Me
VZ
TQ
MR

Oh, another interesting quote from brooklyn:

I am unconvinced of moody's guilt as well. Perhaps bandwagon will be derailed at this point?



So yeah, people I'm suspicious of right now-

MR=possible cult
Entropy-that anti-cult thing is odd. Clearer claim on role? Having said that, there was no need to claim when Entropy did, so meh.
VectorZero-Basically just for brooklyn sticking up for Vector (with a clever post about having some ideas but not wanting to post them yet)
Moody-Because Brook wanted the lynch derailed.


These are all weak. I'd like to see role claiming, if everyone else agrees.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Adacore » Fri May 15, 2009 4:22 pm UTC

I think a mass claim is a bad idea because it tells the presumably robot-recruiting cult exactly which players are robots. Combining that with your suspicion on the anti-cult Entropy looks a little bit suspect to me. If you have a logical reason for why we should mass claim that outweighs the advantage this would give the cult I'd reconsider. And obviously I claimed already, so I can't exactly do anything if y'all decide to go ahead with a mass claim anyway. Also, did you mean to post something more about TQ, mister k? Because you wrote 'more below' and the only mention of him below is in the vote counts you posted.

I'm still twitchy about moody and MR, but for now I don't think they're suspicious enough for a vote. And I agree some of the stuff Vector has posted recently has pinged a little too, but I think that was just trying to get the game moving again.

Personally, I'm feeling pretty suspicious of mister k and Timequake right now. The potential scum-claim by TQ and the fact that mister k seems to have ignored him in the analysis feels off to me. Not got time for too much rereading now though.

Final thought: while I'm fine if Entropy uses the deculting on me, it would be a waste as I'm not presently cult, so I'd prefer to see it used on one of our other robots - say NaR or MR.

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri May 15, 2009 5:04 pm UTC

I'm going to agree that a mass claim will only help the cult right now and thus would be a bad idea. In fact, for all your concern over who is cult, for you to not have thought about that makes me very suspicious. FOS: mister k I am however intrigued by your mention of TQ giving you "noooothing". I may do a re-read myself to see if I get anything off of TQ or anybody else for that matter.

@Adacore: Well then I suppose we should just get the cult to come forward so we can be sure Entropy doesn't waste his ability. :roll: It's not a waste in that we can be sure that tomorrow you will not be cult. Since we know it's possible to be mafia and cult at the same time, being de-culted still doesn't mean you're pro-town, but it's the best we can get.
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby mister k » Fri May 15, 2009 7:18 pm UTC

I meant that TQ post count is so low that I couldn't really discern more. As for the more below, I think I just meant where he voted in the lynchs I listed. As for the role claim, I guess I just wanted to get the game moving- I read the entire thread and had no firm conclusions, which irritated me. You're right that role claim would only help cult, and I apologise. I've never played a game with cult in before, so am not used to dealing with em. I was hoping to compile all the info I could for suspicion- particularly where Brooklyn was voting. I want to infer something from the trumpkin bandwagon, but for that I have to be sure trumpkin is pro-town.. which I think he is, but it is weird that his description is different- but of course if MR is to believed boxy is the same.
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Not A Raptor » Fri May 15, 2009 7:40 pm UTC

Anybody got a minute? I'm all out of minutes. It'll only take a minute to hook me up with a minute, so bear with me a minute and hand me a minute amount of minutes.

Maybe I just wasted a minute of your time by posting this.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

User avatar
Master_Rahl22
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm UTC
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Master_Rahl22 » Fri May 15, 2009 8:08 pm UTC

I'm wondering if maybe we should go after Moody. We know that he's independent and he has claimed that he needs to lynch Entropy to win. Now, in my opinion Entropy isn't exactly cleared townie, but his claim of de-culting could eventually be proved if he uses on somebody who was cult and they come out the next day and sell out their fellows. Also, a lyncher doesn't exactly seem like a pro-town role. So, we have a known independent who has claimed that he needs to get a claimed de-culter lynched to win.

Yes, there's the risk that he is what he says he is and all we earned ourselves is another NK and chance for the cult to recruit. However, he did claim robot fairly early. There is a possibility that he's cult and used his one-shot cult detector on somebody who he knew wasn't cult, or even made up the Robot Devil visit and invention in the first place. Thoughts?
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours."

The book, not the stupid tv show.

User avatar
moody7277
Posts: 625
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:06 pm UTC
Location: Extreme south Texas

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby moody7277 » Fri May 15, 2009 8:19 pm UTC

Master_Rahl22 wrote:I'm wondering if maybe we should go after Moody. We know that he's independent and he has claimed that he needs to lynch Entropy to win. Now, in my opinion Entropy isn't exactly cleared townie, but his claim of de-culting could eventually be proved if he uses on somebody who was cult and they come out the next day and sell out their fellows. Also, a lyncher doesn't exactly seem like a pro-town role. So, we have a known independent who has claimed that he needs to get a claimed de-culter lynched to win.


I said that getting Entropy lynched was my first way to win. If somehow Entropy had gotten lynched, I would have one win and would get a second win with the town. Of course we know now that he has a role that would be very bad for the town to lose, so I am resigned to just getting the one win with the rest of the town. I have been suspicious against you since after your railing against cycoden, he was found to be town. I'm just going to come right out and say it:

Vote: Master_Rahl22

stabby-stabby
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.


BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

User avatar
Not A Raptor
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: Futuramafia — Day 4: I did do the nasty in the past-y.

Postby Not A Raptor » Fri May 15, 2009 8:19 pm UTC

I like butter.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests