For the Discussion of Raptors/Zombies/Jedi/Bears

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: For the Discussion of Raptors/Zombies/Jedi/Bears

Postby Fantastic Idea » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:11 am UTC

Upon further pondering of it, I really don't see why zombies don't attack other zombies. They should not be able to tell the difference between living and undead. This leads me to believe that they should spend an equal amount of time tearing each other apart as tearing humans apart.
Which is kind of terrifying in and of itself, because it would be like natural zombie selection... all the biggest and baddest survive to chew the flesh from your bones.

On that note, it's my bedtime.
How'm I supposed to know that you're high if you won't let me touch you?
Fantastic Idea
I'm the bad mod. Azrael is the good mod. Questions?

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:37 am UTC

I read the title of this as "Raptors/Zombies/Jedi Bears". That would be awesome.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.
'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby JET73L » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 am UTC

country.hacker wrote:Meaux_Pas already did a fine job answering these questions, but I'd like to add "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks is an excellent resource for any would-be zombie survivor.

Max Brooks ftw! I never go on extended travel without my copy of the zombie survival guide, which can be found in most comedy or humor sections in large or medium bookstores (feh. comedy.)

In news on the zombie raptor front, I have two words (four if you don;t count the second as a hyphenated compound):
Zombie Rent-A-Zilla.
(http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/1091, http://www.megatokyo.com/strip/1095)
The Summoning of Dragons. Single copy, first edition, slighty foxed and extremely dragoned.
+++OUT OF CHEESE ERROR+++ +++PLEASE REBOOT+++
"I assumed we were walking to the bakery." "You alwaysassume that!"
JET73L

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:34 am UTC

... but that involves reading Megatokyo...
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SilentKiller » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:21 pm UTC

i would say umm TRANSFORMER ROBOT JESUS GOD ALMIGHTY POWERFUL RAPTOR
*They* say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far.
SilentKiller

Postby Vaelin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:57 am UTC

Raptors + vehicles = Vehicular Dinoslaughter!

I can't figure out if this is totally awesome or totally weird: http://vimeo.com/618534
Either way, I figure this was the only thread on the internet where this is appropriate and pertinent.
The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects is that science requires reasoning while those other subjects merely require scholarship.
Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat. -From books by R.A.Heinlein
Vaelin

Postby ishikiri » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:37 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Because no trained Jedi goes bad.

Right.

Vader was a Jedi. The only thing unusual about him was he had kids he never bothered to check on.

And also that he was not in fact a Jedi anymore, he was a Sith.
IF a Jedi goes evil, he is either a Dark Jedi (Which is aslo seperate from a Jedi) or a Sith.
Vader was NOT a Jedi.
ANAKIN was a Jedi, Albeit a whiny one, who couldn't keep his noodle to himself. Vader was a Sith.

Theres a whole lot of wrong going on in this thread about the Jedi/Sith issue.

At the time of KOTOR the Sith operated more or less in the exact same way as the Jedi; with Masters taking on Padawans but with a lot more back-stabbery going on.

This was until the great Sith Wars (1000 years before the events of epi 1-6) where the Jedi and Sith fought until all but one Sith Master was left and escaped Jedi detection.

The Sith master would then take on and train one apprentice. The training ended when the apprentice was strong enough to kill their master, and assumed the title for themselves.

The lineage of Sith ends with Darth Tyranus being killed by Darth Sidious, who trains Count Dooku until he is killed by Anakin Skywalker, then later takes in Skywalker as his apprentice as Darth Vader. Sidious urges Anakin to kill his weak old apprentice as he cannot have two apprentices at the same time by Sith creed. Apprentices can take on Acolytes, I.E. General Greivous being trained by Count Dooku.

Vader is killed by Luke Skywalker thus ending the Sith pretty entirely.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.
ishikiri

Postby Mo0man » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:36 pm UTC

I just don't understand the rule of two. I mean, I get how it works... but WHY? Wouldn't having, at most, two Sith at one time mean it's less likely for the line to continue? Not to mention, half the time the master is killed by the apprentice, so it is in fact in your benefit to NOT take one. Or did they expect that a group whose entire philosophy is self serving to do something for the good of the sect, instead of cause they feel like it or it's in their benefits?
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important
Mo0man

Postby demonpoptart » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

zombie raptors exist in africa already.

it is only time before they fly/swim/ride on a boat over here e.e;

demonpoptart

Postby HenryGifford » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:06 am UTC

Don't know if you all have seen this but...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_raptors_kill_you

If anyone's a member of that site will you please change the answer to: "OF COURSE THEY WILL! IF YOU SEE THEM, RUN SO THAT YOU MIGHT LIVE A FEW SECONDS LONGER!!"? Thanks.
HenryGifford

Postby DaMullet » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:28 am UTC

Firstly: In Lore Sjoberg's column reviewing various dinosaurs he was sadly unimpressed by the raptor menace, judging entirely by their inability to kill the main characters in a Hollywood picture. I imagine he's not long for this earth, which is unfortunate.

In other news, while using one of those "20 Questions Machines" where there are Yes/No/Maybe buttons and it's got a preprogrammed description of a bunch of crap, I queried Vampires. 20 questions later, it asked if I was thinking of pirates? Upon a final result of no, it takes 5 pity questions for a second guess. It chose ninjas. Happy to have beaten it once, I played again, with werewolves. It asked first if I meant ninjas, and upon using its pity questions, asked if I meant bears. It is for this reason I have deduced that
pirates == ninjas == vampires == werewolves == bears.
Will wrote:Andrew Jackson was all kinds of badass.

SecondTalon wrote:Out in the wasteland
Driving cars of rusted steel
oh, look. Burma Shave.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:HACKS ARE STING OUR SYLLES AND SING THEM TO TERRISTS!
DaMullet

Re:

Postby kha-khees » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:30 am UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:
|333173|3|_||3 wrote:A jedi could beat Iorek, beacause even if he restricted himself to a lightsabre, he could still cut straight through Iorek's armour, since a lightsabre is only stopped by another lightsaber.

I'll give you the Jedi one. Lightsabres are pretty unfair that way. Even so, I think Iorek would give the guy a fight before going down.

Assuming no one else pointed this out in the 3 or so pages between the quote and now:
Iorek could make some armour out of cortosis (lightsaber resistant/proof mineral). Of course it is brittle so he would have to create an alloy with sky-iron. But then he'd be unstoppable if not for the force.
kha-khees

Postby Hoerne » Sun May 24, 2009 5:19 am UTC

I give you MEGA GRYLLS, when Bear Grylls sacrifices enough zombies, he transforms into MEGA GRYLLS.
Weapons:
Two Artillery launchers, firing nuclear bombs at all who oppose the glory of MEGA GRYLLS
The Mask of Akentomph, which allows MEGA GRYLLS to fire lasers to destroy his enemies
ICBM launcher, on back, pounds his enemies with the fury of MEGA GRYLLS
Claws, to slash his way through all that oppose his god like will
His right hand is made of Holy fire to purge those bent against him
His legs are protected by King Arthur's sheilds

He goes with the grace of Raptor Jesus; his two captains are Iorek Byrnison, who Leads his Legions of Bear Cavalry
and LongCat, who leads the glorious air battalions. We do not know which dark pit these aircraft came out of, only that Longcat leads them for the glory of MEGA GRYLLS and they are more animal than machine.

in final, HAIL MEGA GRYLLS!
Hoerne

Postby My Red Shoes » Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 am UTC

Hoerne wrote:I give you MEGA GRYLLS

Somewhere, a man is sitting alone in his study, sipping his bourbon, pondering the financial viability of clean coal. He suddenly is beset by a crippling feeling of remorse and unending sorrow. He braces the table, and slowly collapses onto the floor. He knew this day would come. He knew at some point his beautiful brainchild, his one most cherished accomplishment in life, would betray the hopes he had for it. The man had spent the past decades distracting himself within the comfortable web of bureaucracy and PowerPoint. He lived a good life. He loved his wife. He helped his community. But in his heart he knew that it was but a mask to hide his tormented soul. His creation had finally failed, supremely, and at the ultimate cost. Alone, he spoke his last solemn words. "This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a meme." So ends the journey of Albert Gore.
This was a terrible accident.
My Red Shoes

Postby Split Phallus Boil » Sun May 24, 2009 7:52 pm UTC

A strange silence permeates the room during the 4th period Algebra 2/Trig final. The teacher walks out of the room. A lone rebel pipes up:
"Penis. Haha. Yeah, penis."
Unrestrained laughter ensues.
Split Phallus Boil

Postby FrankManic » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm UTC

I'm going to the Renn Fair this weekend. I'll be wearing a metal smock and britches. What else should I take with me to make sure that I am not overcome by zombies or raptors? Please note that, being medieval, I will not have access to duct tape, water, socks, or doors.
FrankManic

Postby The_Mandalore » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 am UTC

HenryGifford wrote:Don't know if you all have seen this but...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_raptors_kill_you

If anyone's a member of that site will you please change the answer to: "OF COURSE THEY WILL! IF YOU SEE THEM, RUN SO THAT YOU MIGHT LIVE A FEW SECONDS LONGER!!"? Thanks.

Done.
The_Mandalore

Postby quadmaster » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 pm UTC

In the debate of whether jedi or iorek would win I think it is important to note that will defeated iorek (sort of) using the subtle knife, which is similar to a lightsaber. I thus propose the ultimate team: McGyver and will. McGyver , using a stick, the subtle knife, and some string, would be able to create the ultimate pole-arm that would pwn everyone.

espeacially if wielded by a jedi.
I... I didn't do it.
<- he did it, I swear
quadmaster

Postby ReaverBait » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:19 am UTC

Question: A Zombie MacGyver, on a Raptor, weilding a Jedi?
ReaverBait

Postby RaptorRider » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:10 pm UTC

ReaverBait wrote:Question: A Zombie MacGyver, on a Raptor, weilding a Jedi?

better than that: force-using Black Hat riding a Raptor
RaptorRider

Previous

Return to General