The "I Did Good" thread

The Food Forum's Evil Twin. Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Tips, encouragement, status reports, and so forth go here.
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, we are not health professionals. Take advice with salt.

Moderators: Mighty Jalapeno, Prelates, Moderators General

The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:44 am UTC

Post here things you're proud of - that you didn't eat that extra cookie or did some more exercise etc.

Today I was really tempted to have pizza for lunch. But since I'll have sushi (and thus, rice) for dinner, I didn't succumb and got myself some antipasti and a tasty salad with chestnuts. Not the most low-cal meal ever, but better than pizza. Still, it doesn't mean I wasn't incredibly tempted to have the gnocchi with truffle sauce I saw on the menu, but I didn't order it!
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby mobikwa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:13 pm UTC

A vendor that we rely on heavily brings doughnuts into the office every few weeks. They are so damn tempting but they do nothing to help me reach my goals. There is still 1 left and its a giant chocolate covered monster with peanuts sprinkled on it. I. WILL. NOT. EAT. IT.

Especially since today is a rest day.

Post work update: I did not eat it, though I almost succumbed to its chocolaty sin. (is that the correct usage of the word "succumbed"?)
Last edited by mobikwa on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mobikwa
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:21 pm UTC
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Hobgoblin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:08 pm UTC

This thread is an AMAZING idea. Zohar, you are a benevolent mastermind.
Life is the best toy anyone could ever give you, and I'm going to play with it until it breaks.
User avatar
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am UTC
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:17 pm UTC

Thanks. I'm waiting for my next blunder to create the Food Confessional Thread ("I had an entire pizza today" - I would post this but it was a while ago...). Feel free to steal my idea. :)

Also, go us!
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zapheod » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 pm UTC

It was kind of cold this morning(45 f) and I almost decided to take the car to work but instead I put on some gloves and a hat and rode my bike instead.
Zapheod
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:14 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby WholeLottaSean » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:16 pm UTC

Last November when benching 45k I couldn't finish 4 sets of 6 reps, but this Tuesday I finished 5 sets of 6

This thread is a really good idea. It's quite encouraging looking at things you've done well :)
User avatar
WholeLottaSean
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby psykx » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:42 pm UTC

last week I did a 11 hour and 40 minute caving trip. Crawling, climbing, squeezing and scrambling over and through mud and rocks. My muscles hurt for three days afterwards.

Yesterday I booked my beginners rock climbing course !
Berengal wrote:Only if they're killer robots. Legos are happy robots. Besides, even if they were killer robots it wouldn't stop me. You can't stop science and all that.
User avatar
psykx
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Minchandre » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 am UTC

My bike broke the moment I started going home from work. It had just been tuned, and I guess the people did a shitty job (this was not the only indication) and when I slipped the rear gear into its lowest setting...the line came loose. I was very close to calling a friend for a pick up, but instead took it inside (where I had tools) and spent 20 minutes fixing the damn thing, then rode it home. I feel happy!
Minchandre
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:36 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:51 am UTC

Some people at work bought themselves ice cones (I think that's how it's called in English. Basically flavored and colored ice). I was very tempted to go and buy ice cream, to the point that I started to walk outside the building, then decided against it and had two gummy drops instead. Very proud of myself.
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Hobgoblin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:59 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:Some people at work bought themselves ice cones (I think that's how it's called in English. Basically flavored and colored ice). I was very tempted to go and buy ice cream, to the point that I started to walk outside the building, then decided against it and had two gummy drops instead. Very proud of myself.


I think what we call it is "snow cones", which would be a lot like eating.. well.. snow, but with colored and flavored syrup. Ice cream is not really close to snow at all, but you've mentioned ice cream in the same situation, so I'm sure either you, or I, are slightly confused.
Life is the best toy anyone could ever give you, and I'm going to play with it until it breaks.
User avatar
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am UTC
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Hobgoblin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:00 pm UTC

Last Friday, instead of sleeping in like the lazy teen I am, I woke up at 6 o clock to run 2 miles in about 20 minutes.. Slow, but a start for the summer. :D
Life is the best toy anyone could ever give you, and I'm going to play with it until it breaks.
User avatar
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am UTC
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:02 pm UTC

Hobgoblin wrote:
Zohar wrote:Some people at work bought themselves ice cones (I think that's how it's called in English. Basically flavored and colored ice). I was very tempted to go and buy ice cream, to the point that I started to walk outside the building, then decided against it and had two gummy drops instead. Very proud of myself.


I think what we call it is "snow cones", which would be a lot like eating.. well.. snow, but with colored and flavored syrup. Ice cream is not really close to snow at all, but you've mentioned ice cream in the same situation, so I'm sure either you, or I, are slightly confused.

OK, I meant an ice pop, which they bought. And I wanted ice-cream-on-a-stick or some sort of other ice cream bar.

BTW, I didn't go to yoga today, shame shame. But it was because I was really tired after last night's late date (I came back at 2.00 and woke up at 7.00). Besides, we walked a while then, too. :) I'll go on Wednesday.
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Hobgoblin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:59 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:BTW, I didn't go to yoga today, shame shame. But it was because I was really tired after last night's late date (I came back at 2.00 and woke up at 7.00). Besides, we walked a while then, too. :) I'll go on Wednesday.


A late date can still include exercise. :wink:
Life is the best toy anyone could ever give you, and I'm going to play with it until it breaks.
User avatar
Hobgoblin
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:21 am UTC
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:04 pm UTC

Hobgoblin wrote:
Zohar wrote:BTW, I didn't go to yoga today, shame shame. But it was because I was really tired after last night's late date (I came back at 2.00 and woke up at 7.00). Besides, we walked a while then, too. :) I'll go on Wednesday.


A late date can still include exercise. :wink:

Second date, but I get your point. :)
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:31 am UTC

Zohar wrote:
Hobgoblin wrote:
Zohar wrote:Some people at work bought themselves ice cones (I think that's how it's called in English. Basically flavored and colored ice). I was very tempted to go and buy ice cream, to the point that I started to walk outside the building, then decided against it and had two gummy drops instead. Very proud of myself.


I think what we call it is "snow cones", which would be a lot like eating.. well.. snow, but with colored and flavored syrup. Ice cream is not really close to snow at all, but you've mentioned ice cream in the same situation, so I'm sure either you, or I, are slightly confused.

OK, I meant an ice pop, which they bought. And I wanted ice-cream-on-a-stick or some sort of other ice cream bar.

BTW, I didn't go to yoga today, shame shame. But it was because I was really tired after last night's late date (I came back at 2.00 and woke up at 7.00). Besides, we walked a while then, too. :) I'll go on Wednesday.


Awesome self-control, Zohar!! And the walking is excellent, so no worries on the yoga, right?
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:26 am UTC

Yesterday I saw that I lost more weight (after gaining a bit last week after a trip abroad). I'm at my lowest weight in years! Woohoo!

I just hope this week's madness (reserve duty for three days, mostly, which means crappy oily food and no exercise) doesn't screw it up.
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby andy33gmail » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:56 pm UTC

I walked 54.3 miles yesterday! And I did it, knowing full well that I would suffer for it today. Which I am!
andy33gmail
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby AnnaArmour » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:15 pm UTC

Because I tend to eat when I have free time and I'll have more free time now that school's out, I've devised a plan for this summer. It basically consists of cutting all the crap out of my diet and sticking to a few basic foods (namely shredded wheat cereal and soy milk, salad, granola bars, and several kinds of fruit). This, as opposed to just eating whatever happens to be nearby. My intention isn't to lose weight, as I'm already very thin, just to improve the general quality of my diet. Of course, I only started this plan two days ago, so it might fail miserably. It's kind of drastic. But it seems to be working pretty well so far. Eating well genuinely makes a difference in my mood and overall well being.

I also started regularly walking 1-2 miles several months ago. Obviously, it isn't much, but it's certainly an improvement on my exercise plan being completely nonexistent, as it usually has been in the past. I've also been doing some body weight training. (And yeah, by that I mean that I do a few sit ups when I think of it. But it's something.)

Also, I'm certain this has been said before, but thank you for making this thread.
User avatar
AnnaArmour
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:54 am UTC
Location: Kansas City

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby mobikwa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:25 am UTC

AnnaArmour wrote:Because I tend to eat when I have free time and I'll have more free time now that school's out, I've devised a plan for this summer. It basically consists of cutting all the crap out of my diet and sticking to a few basic foods (namely shredded wheat cereal and soy milk, salad, granola bars, and several kinds of fruit). This, as opposed to just eating whatever happens to be nearby. My intention isn't to lose weight, as I'm already very thin, just to improve the general quality of my diet. Of course, I only started this plan two days ago, so it might fail miserably. It's kind of drastic. But it seems to be working pretty well so far. Eating well genuinely makes a difference in my mood and overall well being.


Ive done this before... well still doing it... Do you do your own grocery shopping or does a family member do it? When I was at my parents for summer vacation back in the day I would pig out on stuff because it was there. My mom would buy chips and ice cream and all this crap and I would go to town because it was convenient. At college it was different. If I didn't buy it at the store, I couldn't eat it. So... voila! 120 lbs gone!

Edit: Just came back from Target, decided to get new shorts and shirts for a possible date coming up. Was wearing a 34 waist at the store and new that was too big, tried on a 32, good but still some room, got the 30's and just plain awesome! At my biggest I wore a 46 waist.
Got a really cool Queen shirt too, well I grabbed a medium and a small, figured id give the small to my ex girlfriend, but tried the small on at home and if it wasn't for the big protein shake I just downed I could pull it off. At my biggest I was wearing a 2XL getting dangerously close to a 3XL.
Last edited by mobikwa on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:37 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mobikwa
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:21 pm UTC
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby harpyblues » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:37 am UTC

I rejoined a Taekwondo place after a three year hiatus (during which I didn't do much exercise either). So, now I'm getting back to it and it's fun, which I wasn't expecting. I took an hour's walk afterwards as well. I'm really, really tired but feeling great.
michaelandjimi wrote:But these are zombies of cuteness!
User avatar
harpyblues
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 am UTC
Location: Chicago

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 am UTC

andy33gmail wrote:I walked 54.3 miles yesterday! And I did it, knowing full well that I would suffer for it today. Which I am!



This doesn't sound like the sort of thing one just goes and does ... was it some sort of event? At any rate, congrats, but I'm just curious ...
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby andy33gmail » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:31 am UTC

Afraid it is for me :-)

Last time was a few months ago and I did 40 miles. I mean, I check the weather and print a map and do a reasonable amount of preparation, but it wasn't an organised event. Just good to prove it to myself - and I always feel better for it after - I know it isn't compatible with little and often - although I do excercise in that way too - I always feel healthier for it after.
andy33gmail
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:34 am UTC

Under 140 for the first time in about 6 years.

Also, almost able to do 60 push-ups in a minute. Now to work on pull-ups and/or chin-ups ...
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eternal luna » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:02 am UTC

I'm starting to be able to see the top two abs on myself now. All this exercise if *finally* doing something.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.
User avatar
eternal luna
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:54 am UTC
Location: Сидней

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Angelene » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:10 am UTC

I've started eating breakfast again. I somehow got myself down to 132lbs (at 5'10) really without doing very much, I just slowly and gradually was eating less and less and so my appetite started shrinking and I've gotten a little concerned now as this time last year I just wanted to get down to a nice even 140, and then when I saw 132 I started thinking maybe 130....and realised oh goodness tis a slippery slope so I need to get my appetite back, which involves eating even when not hungry. But eating good food. Hopefully I won't panic if I gain a few lbs back. If I incorporate some exercise back in hopefully it will help balance everything in my wee neurotic head!
"Some people need a red carpet rolled out in front of them in order to walk forward into friendship. They can't see the tiny outstretched hands all around them, everywhere, like leaves on trees."
Angelene
relax, I'll handle the zippers
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:29 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby GenericAlt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:25 pm UTC

No binging and no purging all week. :D
GenericAlt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:11 pm UTC

Congratulations, Generic Alt :)
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby GenericAlt » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:16 pm UTC

eekmeep wrote:Congratulations, Generic Alt :)

Thanks :)
GenericAlt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:52 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby mobikwa » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 pm UTC

I love my Saturday and Sunday weigh in's, I get to see how much I weigh without a full day of food in me. I'm at 175 lb, a goal Ive had for about a year now, however, now that Im at my goal weight I see that I am still a few lbs away from what I want, Ill go with 167 for now. But I am increasing my caloric consumption to slow down the weight loss and start putting more muscle on... well I guess that I would be happy at 175 but at a lower BF%...
User avatar
mobikwa
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:21 pm UTC
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zapheod » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:48 pm UTC

For the first time since I was a kid, I rode my bike 50 miles. Legs aren't even sore today. A bit tired, yes, but not sore at all.
Zapheod
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:14 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Had a "minor" heat-induced allergic reaction today, which always leaves me very cold, tired, and hungry. The Philly Chicken Sandwich and fries at Charley's were SCREAMING my name, but I stuck with the substantially healthier Robin Hood.

Yay me :)
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby mobikwa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm UTC

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to put this here or the "Aw shucks" thread. I just realized that in the past 22 days Ive lost 10 lbs. half a pound a week is not what I want to be doing.
So I'm switching my routine to Rippetoe's 5x5 and starting a 1/2 GOMAD diet.
Starting it tomorrow, gonna take before pic tonight as well.

Bouncer at the bar wouldnt let me in last weekend because my id doesnt look enough like me, had to show him my credit card and school id before he would accept it, gotta go to the DMV soon.

Ah hell, ill post something REALLY good too, progress pics. First is from 9/19/2007, about 2 months before my heaviest weight 300 lbs. The second one is from 5/21/2009, about 185 lbs
Spoiler:
Image Image
User avatar
mobikwa
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:21 pm UTC
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:47 am UTC

DAAAAMMMMNNNN!! (ooh, hope that wasn't creepy)

What I meant was, "Congratulations! You look tremendously fit, and as if you have made great strides in your overall health and wellness!"

Question: what is GOMAD diet?
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby psykx » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 am UTC

GOMAD = Gallon Of Milk A DAY or just run around screaming a lot
Berengal wrote:Only if they're killer robots. Legos are happy robots. Besides, even if they were killer robots it wouldn't stop me. You can't stop science and all that.
User avatar
psykx
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby WholeLottaSean » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:37 am UTC

Zapheod wrote:For the first time since I was a kid, I rode my bike 50 miles. Legs aren't even sore today. A bit tired, yes, but not sore at all.


I rode my bike yesterday from my house to London and back. I make it to be around about 47.5 miles, though that may be an underestimate.
User avatar
WholeLottaSean
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby el_loco_avs » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:26 pm UTC

Didn't exercise for a week due to knee being annoying.

then last night. 5k in 25minutes.
900 crunches in three parts
50 pushups in three parts(that's good for me. shut up :mrgreen: )
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.
User avatar
el_loco_avs
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby spudtheimpaler » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:18 pm UTC

el_loco_avs wrote:Didn't exercise for a week due to knee being annoying.

then last night. 5k in 25minutes.
900 crunches in three parts
50 pushups in three parts(that's good for me. shut up :mrgreen: )


I'm not one to judge normally, but seeing as people post here for advancement of health and fitness I want to say that alarm bells ring for me on that. I realise that they are not directly opposing muscle groups, but I wonder if you are getting a good balance. I'm not saying you are/aren't or how to do better or worse, I'm just saying that as I read, i stopped and went hmmmmmmm. :)

Still, 900 crunches? Jesus H son-of-a-virgin.

(Probably equally unbalanced, but in one set I can do 50 pressups and prob no more than that crunches. I realise 'crunch' definitions can vary wildly but still :))
Fueled by tea and bad maths since 1983...
User avatar
spudtheimpaler
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 11:57 am UTC
Location: München

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby eekmeep » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:29 am UTC

So I haven't been sleeping much, and at night I've been grabbing the occasional processed carb, BUT:

this morning, I got on the treadmill, selected the "random" workout, level 8 hills, and still did a 5k in 30 minutes. I was pretty excited especially when a girl actually came up to me later and commented on me being a "strong runner" ... which I normally don't consider myself to be since I don't focus on distance, strength, or speed ... I just play.

Then I lifted.

So yeah, yay.
eekmeep
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:56 am UTC

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby Zohar » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:18 am UTC

Turns out after two difficult weeks (with lots of junk food due to being exhausted and not having a fridge), I still managed to lose some weight!
Responsible wealthy people inspect their funds by occasionally taking baths in their coins.
User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: The "I Did Good" thread

Postby el_loco_avs » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 pm UTC

spudtheimpaler wrote:
el_loco_avs wrote:Didn't exercise for a week due to knee being annoying.

then last night. 5k in 25minutes.
900 crunches in three parts
50 pushups in three parts(that's good for me. shut up :mrgreen: )


I'm not one to judge normally, but seeing as people post here for advancement of health and fitness I want to say that alarm bells ring for me on that. I realise that they are not directly opposing muscle groups, but I wonder if you are getting a good balance. I'm not saying you are/aren't or how to do better or worse, I'm just saying that as I read, i stopped and went hmmmmmmm. :)

Still, 900 crunches? Jesus H son-of-a-virgin.

(Probably equally unbalanced, but in one set I can do 50 pressups and prob no more than that crunches. I realise 'crunch' definitions can vary wildly but still :))


Eh it's kinda weird. Crunches after a while... i can just keep going, they're not very proper form though at the end :wink: Arms... not so much, they just get... empty.

What do you mean exactly with balance? As in, do diffrent muscles on different days. Or the amount of crunches vs pushups?
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.
User avatar
el_loco_avs
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Next

Return to Fit Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests