Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Ok, rebooting.
princecuddlebug wrote:To lose the fat you need to eat less carbs so when your body needs carbs it will burn the carbs it stored as fat.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Allrighty, I've decided to change my focus / bent here a little bit, and this is going to be reflected in the Great xkcd FatBet.
My weight has fluctuated, and is back up again, so all in all I've only lost something like 3 lbs over the past 2.5 months. This might seem to be a bad thing, but some other facts must be taken into account:
* My legs are substantially stronger than before due to dilligent walking
* I've added TWO holes to my belt to accomodate my shrinking waistline
* I am eating considerably less and considerably better.
* I am taking in at least 5 times as much water as I was before (seriously, I never used to drink water)
Taking everything into account, it would seem that I've gotten stronger, and probably developed quite a bit of skeletal muscle.
My buddy Kyrose really, really helped me get back on track today when he explained that, given my size and history and changes to my diet, I shouldn't see it as me trying to lose about 100lbs. I should see it as being a 200lb experienced martial artist wearing a 120lb fatsuit day in, day out. If he (an avid amateur bodybuilder) wore a 120lb fatsuit, he'd never make it through the day. He wouldn't even be able to walk up stairs.
It is an interesting viewpoint, and I have subscribed to his newsletter. I am now more focused on fitness and strength, rather than weight, for a few reasons.
* Muscular people burn more calories simply by the virtue of having more muscle mass
* Fit people burn more calories at baseline due to a well-maintained cardiovascular system
* If I were stronger and more fit, I would FEEL more like exercising, as opposed to now, where I feel like having a nap.
* Once I start to show more gains in strength and endurance, it will motivate me to try and improve beyond that.
As a side-effect to all of these things, I will lose fat, and lose weight. I've just changed my focus.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Current running total:
Pounds lost since beginning of "One Year" - 11 lbs
Pounds lost since beginning of health kick, August 2008 - 22 lbs
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Does anyone have any fighting advice?
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Anyways, I'm focusing right now on fight-training. I miss being a scary, scary human being, I miss fighting (not anger-fighting, but fighting-for-the-sake-of-fighting-fighting), but I don't know where to do that in this town outside of the monthly Tough-Guy competitions (and my weight class is fairly terrifying).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest