Music Videos!

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Music Videos!

Postby semicolon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:27 am UTC

Sunset Rubdown - Us Ones In Between (unofficial) -- This is probably my favorite music video. I just remembered it a few minutes ago and watched it and teared up. It's the reason I made this thread. The rest of the links are just to make it look like I'm making the thread about music videos in general.
Boards of Canada - June 9th
Kanye West - Stronger
Bjork - All is Full of Love (no music video thread is complete without Bjork)
Architecture in Helsinki - Do the Whirlwind
Aphex Twin - Monkey Drummer [excerpt]

I'd add more, but I don't want the posts to just look like a bunch of links to Youtube. Because those threads are lame. "Ha ha ha, look at this shit that you could have found yourself! Ha ha ha!" But, sadly, both of the music videos I was going to link to on the official sites for the bands that made them, don't work. Both links are broken. Otherwise it wouldn't just be Youtube links. So, apologies for that.

So, post some music videos, hos!
User avatar
semicolon
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 am UTC

Postby rockintom99 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:44 pm UTC

Wow. That first one was really sad. I think I'm going to go all emo now. Thanks :(
THIS IS A SIGNATURE.
User avatar
rockintom99
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:28 am UTC
Location: Washingtonland!

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:19 pm UTC

Shogun named Marcus - Clutch

Because more music videos should feature farming equipment, damnit.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
 
Posts: 22455
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!

Postby lone_psychonaut » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:46 pm UTC

User avatar
lone_psychonaut
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:01 pm UTC

Postby Nuclear Spoon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:42 pm UTC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jV1bRfLHA3A

Knights of Cydonia - Muse


It has everything awesome in it, ever.
Image
www.gaming4charity.org
Image
User avatar
Nuclear Spoon
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:22 pm UTC
Location: Surrey, England

Postby funkenregen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:59 pm UTC

tehafilm.com

these are the videos a friend and i made together. all of them are music videos for austrian indie bands. please tell me what you think of them.
User avatar
funkenregen
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:57 pm UTC
Location: austr(al)ia

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:35 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Shogun named Marcus - Clutch

Because more music videos should feature farming equipment, damnit.

Oh my freaking God, you're the first person I've ever known online to mention that song before.... any other song. WOOO!

Clann Zu - Five Thousand More Made by the band.
Clutch - Burning Beard Preach to those robots, brother!
Monster Magnet - Negasonic Teenage WarheadSpace Car For The Win!
Rumsfield - This FixThe best 'love' song, evar.
Treble Charger - Hundred MillionMost big Canadian bands guest-star in Jon Stewart's 2008 campaign song.
~ It's been 70 years. You're not a neo-Nazi... you're a fucking asshole. ~
RealGrouchy wrote:Can't talk now. Fucking.
Sprocket wrote:This? This is my dick. It's delicious.
User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
What does the FOX say?
 
Posts: 10797
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:39 pm UTC

It's a really good song, and a pretty good example of the body of their work.

Growley voice, nonstandard Lyric/Chorus assembly, switch of tempo of the vocals, bizarre wordplay, and so on.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
 
Posts: 22455
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!

Postby Klye » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 pm UTC

Walkie Talkie Man by Steriogram

There's another one I'm looking for, but I can't remember the name of the band or song... Anyway, the video is played in reverse, but if you watch the singers mouth, he is saying the words the right way - so he sang all the words backwards while they were filming. I was impressed.
Phi wrote: Be careful when touching it though. It really expands.

Why would she say that?!?
Klye
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:05 am UTC
Location: Texas

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:It's a really good song, and a pretty good example of the body of their work.

Growley voice, nonstandard Lyric/Chorus assembly, switch of tempo of the vocals, bizarre wordplay, and so on.

And yet, it was the first song off of their first album. :) I couldn't believe they were on the Sounds of the Underground tour last year, since Clutch hasn't sounded like that for YEARS!
~ It's been 70 years. You're not a neo-Nazi... you're a fucking asshole. ~
RealGrouchy wrote:Can't talk now. Fucking.
Sprocket wrote:This? This is my dick. It's delicious.
User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
What does the FOX say?
 
Posts: 10797
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can

Postby djn » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:27 am UTC

Nuclear Spoon wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=jV1bRfLHA3A

Knights of Cydonia - Muse


It has everything awesome in it, ever.


I hadn't seen that one before, and it appears that you are correct.

I'm fond of Röyksopp's You Remind Me video as well, but it lacks the ... flair. :D
(The meaningless but cute Beautiful day without you, also.)
Last edited by djn on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
djn
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 1:33 pm UTC
Location: Horten, Norway

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:57 am UTC

Okay, it sucks, and I hate it, but it's still one of the most creative music videos out there.

Here it Goes Again - OK Go
Last edited by Twasbrillig on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.
User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC
Location: British Columbia

Postby Jauss » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 am UTC

Thursday - At This Velocity One of my favorite bands, fronted by one the nicest guys in the world. Song about the time they almost crashed in Australia.
Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla It makes me happy.
Johnny Cash - Hurt He's the man.
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun A little blast from the 90's. :)
Múm - Green Grass of Tunnel It's purty.
Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life One of the sweetest videos ever.
At The Drive-In - One Armed Scissor These guys were a special kind of awesome and crazy.
At The Drive-In - Invalid Litter Dept. Warning: This one's a downer. I like the song a lot and I think it's good video to see at least once.
Menomena - Wet and Rusting Local weird boys of fun.
The Faint - Agenda Suicide Danse!
Modest Mouse - Bukowski Who would wanna be such an asshole?
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus
User avatar
Jauss
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:49 am UTC
Location: PDX

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:59 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:It's a really good song, and a pretty good example of the body of their work.

Growley voice, nonstandard Lyric/Chorus assembly, switch of tempo of the vocals, bizarre wordplay, and so on.

And yet, it was the first song off of their first album. :) I couldn't believe they were on the Sounds of the Underground tour last year, since Clutch hasn't sounded like that for YEARS!


Well, first LP at least.

No no.. Juggernaut is a mindfreak as to how different they sounded in '95 compared to today.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
 
Posts: 22455
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!

Postby parkaboy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:04 am UTC

i cant include a link b/c youtube is blocked here but look for Wolf like me by TV on the radio. BEST VIDEO EVAR!!! you have to watch all the way to the end.
Image

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial
User avatar
parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time
 
Posts: 5539
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 am UTC
Location: la-la land

Postby Vandole » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:06 am UTC

Someone had to do this. DarkMateria - The Picard Song
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.
User avatar
Vandole
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:04 am UTC
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Postby d3adf001 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:41 am UTC

im going to have to keep it to 1 band per post because this band kicks so much ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMG1cxN1zRk The world/inferno friendship society - Zen and the art of breaking everything in the room (probably my favorite song right now its also the live version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR0ilxDxNl8 The world/inferno friendship society - younger man (also live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnEfpVP6tp0 the world/inferno friendship society - secret service freedom fighter (not live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwSlItzPSUo The world/inferno friendship society - paul roberson (live)

i love this band.
User avatar
d3adf001
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:27 pm UTC
Location: State College, PA

Postby Castaway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 am UTC

Has anyone ever seen the Korn video where they replace all of the band members with Xzibit, Lil John, Snoop Dogg, and David Banner? It's pretty hilarious.
You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat
User avatar
Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: Brooklyn

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:46 am UTC

The Internet is for Porn - Avenue Q

Someone had to do it.

If you don't have a YouTube account, go here. Not nearly as good though.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.
User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC
Location: British Columbia

Postby Castaway » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:54 am UTC

You've just lost twenty dollars and my self respect.

Rat wrote: so i sprinted back down this hill like a fucking mountain goat
User avatar
Castaway
Mr. Fancy-Pants
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: Brooklyn

Postby curious and questioning » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:54 am UTC

Twasbrillig wrote:Okay, it sucks, and I hate it, but it's still one of the most creative music videos out there.

Here it Goes Again - Franz Ferdinand


It's OK Go. Franz Ferdinand??? Am I missing something or did you get it wrong?

I would post some TMBG videos, but some of them scare me, and none of them have anything to do with the songs.
[insert quote here]
User avatar
curious and questioning
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:27 am UTC
Location: inside the birdhouse in your soul

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:No no.. Juggernaut is a mindfreak as to how different they sounded in '95 compared to today.

Well, yeah, Transnational Speedway League. Close enough. Juggernaught, Impetus, Milk of Human Kindness, El Jefe Speaks, Nero's Fiddle.... all of those would be at home on Sounds of the Underground. All they played was stuff from Robot Hive, though... THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY SPACEGRASS! I waited nine years to see Clutch, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY SPACEGRASS! My buddy Sean has seen them twice, and both times he called me, then held up his cel phone for Spacegrass so I could hear, and both times it was long distance.

Anyways.... any video by Tool.
~ It's been 70 years. You're not a neo-Nazi... you're a fucking asshole. ~
RealGrouchy wrote:Can't talk now. Fucking.
Sprocket wrote:This? This is my dick. It's delicious.
User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
What does the FOX say?
 
Posts: 10797
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can

Postby semicolon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:02 am UTC

Klye wrote:There's another one I'm looking for, but I can't remember the name of the band or song... Anyway, the video is played in reverse, but if you watch the singers mouth, he is saying the words the right way - so he sang all the words backwards while they were filming. I was impressed.

Just a guess, but Cibo Matto - Sugar Water? Half the screen plays forward and half the screen plays in reverse.
User avatar
semicolon
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 am UTC

Postby EvanED » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:40 am UTC

Okay, while this isn't what I would call a music video per se, and it pains me to link to such a horrible butchering of a great song (though that's South Park's fault, not the author of the video), this is absolutely hilarious.
EvanED
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 am UTC
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Twasbrillig » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:44 am UTC

curious and questioning wrote:
Twasbrillig wrote:Okay, it sucks, and I hate it, but it's still one of the most creative music videos out there.

Here it Goes Again - Franz Ferdinand


It's OK Go. Franz Ferdinand??? Am I missing something or did you get it wrong?


That was a test. You passed.

*cough*

Whilst searching for it (I had forgotten the name), some Franz Ferdinand came up.
I want to have Bakemaster's babies. It's possible, with science.

I wonder if you can see...
...what is wrong with my signature?

wing wrote:I'm sorry... But that was THE funniest thing I've ever read on the interbutts.
User avatar
Twasbrillig
Tawsbirlig
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:50 am UTC
Location: British Columbia

Postby lone_psychonaut » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:10 am UTC

apocralypse wrote:i cant include a link b/c youtube is blocked here but look for Wolf like me by TV on the radio. BEST VIDEO EVAR!!! you have to watch all the way to the end.


Love the song, but you should see them play it live (once you get to a computer that can access youtube)

These guys play their damn hearts out on stage.

EDIT:

Just a guess, but Cibo Matto - Sugar Water? Half the screen plays forward and half the screen plays in reverse.

Cibo Matto... brings back memories of playing Jet Set Radio......
User avatar
lone_psychonaut
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:01 pm UTC

Postby Jauss » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:10 am UTC

lone_psychonaut wrote:
apocralypse wrote:i cant include a link b/c youtube is blocked here but look for Wolf like me by TV on the radio. BEST VIDEO EVAR!!! you have to watch all the way to the end.


Love the song, but you should see them play it live (once you get to a computer that can access youtube)

These guys play their damn hearts out on stage.


I saw them open at a show once before I had heard any of their songs. It was sweet.

The Music - Take The Long Road And Walk It. You should also download Turn Out The Light if you can find it. It's awesome.
Beastie Boys - Sabotage Classic.
Bush - The Chemicals Between Us
A-ha - Take On Me Take me on. I'll be gone. Into your dreeeaaaaaams!
"Four out of five dentists prefer asses to hearts." - The Mighty Thesaurus
User avatar
Jauss
 
Posts: 1441
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:49 am UTC
Location: PDX

Postby Traisenau » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:18 am UTC

Electric Six - Gay Bar

Best. Video. EVAR.
<Will> Drew is the only woman for me
User avatar
Traisenau
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:38 am UTC
Location: The Thrill

Postby lone_psychonaut » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:27 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Anyways.... any video by Tool.


Yes.

And do you know if there's been any word on a Vicarious video? I've been waiting for that since before 10,000 Days came out. Adam Jones is one hell of an artist, and I can't wait to see what he puts together next.

In whatever afterlife there may be, I want to end up in the same one as Adam Jones, Alex Grey, and Bill Hicks. And Mitch Hedberg.
User avatar
lone_psychonaut
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:01 pm UTC

Postby Traisenau » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:33 am UTC

Oh, and Electric Six's cover of Radio Ga Ga, which is amazing for two reasons, 1) They actually preform it really well, and 2) Dick Valentine dresses up as Freddie Mercury's ghost
<Will> Drew is the only woman for me
User avatar
Traisenau
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:38 am UTC
Location: The Thrill

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:18 am UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I waited nine years to see Clutch, AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN PLAY SPACEGRASS! My buddy Sean has seen them twice, and both times he called me, then held up his cel phone for Spacegrass so I could hear, and both times it was long distance.


They played it all three times I saw them.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
 
Posts: 22455
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!

Postby semicolon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 am UTC

lone_psychonaut wrote:Cibo Matto... brings back memories of playing Jet Set Radio......

EXTRA SUGAR!!!
EXTRA SALT!!!
EXTRA OIL AND M.S.G.!!!
User avatar
semicolon
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 am UTC

Postby damienthebloody » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:52 am UTC

Frank Zappa performing Stairway to Heaven
Feist - 1 2 3 4 - this is the greatest song in the world right now (Thanks, Ren!)
Candlemass - Bewitched - the true definition of doom-dancing.

Also, for those who weren't around at the time, here is that introduction to death-doom that I and others posted a few months ago.

I mean, that's fun, right? :D
German Sausage wrote:Is that an EMP in your pants, or are you just outraged by my sexist behaviour?
liza wrote:When life gives you a wife made of salt, make margaritas?
Dance like you're stamping on a human face forever.
User avatar
damienthebloody
the most metal thing EVER
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:25 pm UTC
Location: under a rock


Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest