The decade is almost over! What do you remember? x3

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

podbaydoor

Re: The decade is almost over! What do you remember? x3

Postby podbaydoor » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 pm UTC

...somehow I doubt that making college choices based on previous celebrity attendees is really a good decision process. I didn't go to MU because Brad Pitt and Sheryl Crow did.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:...somehow I doubt that making college choices based on previous celebrity attendees is really a good decision process. I didn't go to MU because Brad Pitt and Sheryl Crow did.

Actually, no. I was just wondering if every student out of there comes out like that, or if it happened earlier in life :P

Triangle_Man
WINNING

Postby Triangle_Man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 am UTC

Well, I'm almost finished school, I went to Japan last year, and I've almost Graduated.
I also joined a roleplay club, went on a boat cruise, saw 'Spamalot', and did a whole lot of other awsome things.
I have a few regrets, but I think that I've done well overall...
I really should be working right now, but somehow I don't have the energy.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:My moral system allows me to bitch slap you for typing that.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:10 am UTC

Ahh, yes, Bill Nye the Science Guy. All of the episodes are on YouTube (All 100, divided into two playlists of 150 parts each, and arranged in order), and I'd suggest that very much for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip.

Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Jessica » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:09 pm UTC

Heh. Speaking of Bill Nye, on Monday night my friends and I played the Bill Nye the Science Guy drinking game. It was quite fun.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Postby the_bandersnatch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm UTC

Ten years ago I was 18 and working in a local pub. I spent the millennium celebrations serving alcohol to rowdy drunk people. However, in the past decade I've

Lost my virginity.
Graduated University.
Discovered the joys of smoking weed.
Had a few long term relationships.
Had a few more short term ones.
Met the love of my life.
Lost the love of my life.
Taken up then stopped practising both fencing and karate.
Have visited various cities, including Rome, Paris, Berlin, Geneva, New York, Amsterdam, and various countries too.
Completed my first Great North Run, then other subsequent ones.
Drifted for a bit then settled into a career in IT.
Got my CCNA.
Bought a house and a car.
Had a stint as a singer-songwriter.
Been in various bands as a guitarist.
Completed the New York Marathon.

So all-in-all, a pretty eventful decade for me!
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

Woegjiub

Postby Woegjiub » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:19 pm UTC

Umm, okay. Year by Year. (Warning: It's long.)
Spoiler:
2000(Gr. 4)
Competed in the Karate nationals, didn't do so well :/
I remember the Sydney Olympics were a big deal, only one we've hosted apart from 1956 in Melb.
Got a bunch of HDs, did artwork and projects, listened to Top40 music and 80s rock, was still Catholic.

2001(Gr. 5)
Competed in the Karate Open in Melb, won medals :D
Played heaps of brandings, picked up skateboarding, and I remember being very annoyed because the bloody twin tower bombings took over our tv for around 4 days.
Got in my first car crash, a huge semitrailer rolled over right in front of us. Dad pronounced the only fatality as dead (no, he wasn't exploded - had his torso crushed just enough to kill him, so it wasn't obvious).
I stil don't understand why our country sucks up to the damned United States so much, I started to hate the US in this year.
More HDs, moving more towards a scientific interest as opposed to an artistic one, Listened to Punk, Catholic.

2002(Gr. 6)
Swapped dojos because the one I was at was a "McDojo"
Finished Primary school, (didn't see the big deal), started to rebel against catholocism more, I devised an "anti-baptism" in religion class (I still can't believe I actually thought baptism meant anything).
More HDs, still a generalised interest in everything, Listened to Rap, Catholic.

2003(Gr. 7)
Obtained a fair few medals in karate.
Yay, Puberty (although until 3 years later, I was still far shorter than average).
Got new friends in high school, stopped skating, started listening to entry-level metal, stayed catholic.
Started becoming interested in computers and languages.
I got a NGC :D
Parents broke up, I didn't really care and fail to see why people would.
More HDs, many EAs, no social life (stayed constant until 2007)

2004(Gr. 8)
Became atheist, hoorah!
Still on entry-level metal, lost this entire year to Diablo 2, Morrowind and urban exploration.

2005(Gr. 9)
Started debating religion with my RE teacher within my assignments, which was accepted as long as I debated well (and I did, I always had my atheistic assignments given the highest marks because they were well done)
More Morrowind, lots of anime.
I started to hate Islam here, as I realised people got away with so much by essentially stating "human rights are agianst my religion"
This was the year I thought to myself "organised religion needs to be banned", due to the countless wars and atrocities comitted in the name of the gods at the behest of the power-hungry churches.

2006(Gr. 10)
One of my most eventful years so far:
I stole $3K of things from the woodwork labs, downloaded gigs of anime using portable firefox (as the only filters were IE specific, and banned even *.exe and *.zip files, which stopped me from downloading some morrowind mods that didn't use rar or 7z), wrote answers to a test on death and dying which were highly blasphemous and offensive (eg: what is [term], and name 3 benefits was answered by "cannibalism: food, fun, population control"), stole the host from mass, filmed burning it and some bibles, then spread the videos around the campus.
I still got to go to Japan, and I still graduated (despite the fact that the school knew about all of this, they only gave me a permanent external suspension due to my having some of the highest grades in the school, and the fact that the teachers all thought I was awesome), and best of all, I didn't have to attend the huge graduation mass, or horrid leavers dinner.
Still listened to entry-level metal.

2007(Gr. 11)
Had a great time learning vast amounts in computer science, japanese, physical sciences and maths.
Became more sociable, kept my grades at very high levels, and started to diversify my musical taste by adding back in classic rock, and listening to more underground local metal.
Joined a death metal band as vocalist, left it because the guitarists were useless.
I started to become heavily interested in Linux, in particular KDE-based distributions, as gnome lacked so much in terms of customizability, as well as looking horrid (still the case today).

2008(Gr. 12)
Got a girlfriend, picked up bass playing and then stopped because I didn't have the time.
My dad had a series of strokes due to mass consumption of alcohol and tobacco, went into hospital, had to sell the house due to a huge debt, and ended up being unable to run or speak coherently ever again.
Not that I have any sympathy for him - as much as I love the guy, he brought it upon himself, despite the insistence of many that he stop.
Essentially stopped gaming.
I figured out I was bi, and had fun with that fact, due to a mutual agreement "It's not cheating if it's with the same gender" :p
I started lifting weights, and gained a sixpack very quickly by eating properly.
I became slightly more interested in Neue Deutsche Harte, and became more sociable.
I finally got a proper job too.

2009(1st Year of Uni)
This year was so full that it feels like two years.... or a lifetime.

Mum's only brother withered away into nothingness and died of prostate cancer because he had refused to get it checked early, being stubborn and insisting that "it's alright", despite the pain and passing of blood.
Mum herself had a cervical cancer relapse, and had to go into hospital to have *everything* removed in there.
Brother became a fully-blown videogame addict, spending 50% of his total time in WoW.

I got dumped, fell for a chick in melbourne, went over there, became highly mentally unstable due to her sociopathic tendencies, spent 2 months attempting to recover from her influence, went a lil crazy with 1 night stands with both genders, dated the chick that dumped me again, I dumped her after a week because I realised I'd forgotten how annoying she was, and have since turned down many relationships as the people were annoying and not capable of proper intellectual discussion.
I took up smoking and quit it within a month.
I made huge gains with my weightlifting, started parkour and acrobatics, stopped going to karate because I now know more than any of the teachers I've found in the state, tried out BJJ/MMA and intend to continue when it becomes financially viable, consumed far too much alcohol, overdosed on caffeine (Don't do it, it's terrifying having insomnia, a pain like your bowels are melting, a mind that is constantly racing, and extreme paranoia, as well as time loss, drunkenness, and the uncontrollable urge to punch yourself into oblivion whilst simultaneously being terrified because it feels like your organs are screaming and you're worried you'll die), put out a packet of cigarrettes on my arm, had the scars fade to nothingness, got into a car crash by driving 160km/h around a corner in heavy rain at night.... but was uninjured (apart from the hole in my wallet for another car), and became the centre of attention at parties due to my physique (and having almost everyone I know who is into males develop crushes on me, as well as some men who swear they are straight :/).
I wagged 75% of my lectures, didn't do my assignments, didn't study, spent most of my time in the first quarter hanging with said girl instead of doing work, and the last 3 doing anything but work for the sake of it.
But... I still managed to
I expanded my musical collection to include more industrial than will fit on an iPod, as well as David Bowie, Queen, The Beatles, Klaus Nomi, The Cure and so many more classics.
My entire personality and political outlook underwent massive changes, from aggressive and totalitarian to bouts of mania and depression, and finally settling on my left-libertarian world views, globalist/humanist desires (there is no war if there is only one country, and it's all under one leader.), and a stress level that is dengerously low.
I am completely nonchalant in all situations, never worrying at all - even under "stressful" situations.
I feel the desire to help people more than ever, but even then worry does not exist.
I've recently rediscovered my artistic side, which is actually not as rusty as I had thought it would be, my grasp on the English language has not slipped as much as I had feared and I am fully capable of writing stories and poetry which are impressive to the majority of people.
Sketching comes next, as well as photography and digital art (Krita+Inkscape+Blender :p)
I've become interested in fashion, especially gothic and Victorian fashion styles.
I've become highly interested in decay and corrosion, as well as industrialism, transhumanism and the cyberization of humanity.
I have a personal library of books now, most of which I have read.
I attempted to become vegetarian, but was unable to resist the tasty and easy protein source of meat.
I've become more open due to reading the work of Robert Anton Wilson, and despite thinking that I know basically how the entire of existence works due to my knowledge of science, I'm now open to the idea of the unobservable and that which we cannot know through conventional means.

I feel that in this one year, I have lived more than many do in an entire lifetime.
I wonder what the next decade wil bring, if I continue at this rate.

podbaydoor

Postby podbaydoor » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 pm UTC

Walter.Horvath wrote:Ahh, yes, Bill Nye the Science Guy. All of the episodes are on YouTube (All 100, divided into two playlists of 150 parts each, and arranged in order), and I'd suggest that very much for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip.

Links, pretty please?
Jessica wrote:Heh. Speaking of Bill Nye, on Monday night my friends and I played the Bill Nye the Science Guy drinking game. It was quite fun.

Is this the one you guys used?
http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/billnye.php
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.

Walter.Horvath

Postby Walter.Horvath » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:18 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:
Walter.Horvath wrote:Ahh, yes, Bill Nye the Science Guy. All of the episodes are on YouTube (All 100, divided into two playlists of 150 parts each, and arranged in order), and I'd suggest that very much for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip.

Links, pretty please?
Jessica wrote:Heh. Speaking of Bill Nye, on Monday night my friends and I played the Bill Nye the Science Guy drinking game. It was quite fun.

Is this the one you guys used?
http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/billnye.php

This is the awesome guy's account page; the two playlists are in the playlist folder on the right of the screen.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I'd be alcohol poisoned by the end of the first half of the show if this drinking game was completed with shots.

lowbart

Postby lowbart » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

- Witnessed start of new milennium. Not that exciting (but fun to remember people freaking out over nothing [see: Y2K bug])

- Watched the U.S. drag itself down from the peak of the Clinton years and the dotcom bubble to the rocks of two major recessions, neoconservative religious jingoism, CIA torture, and ... there's not much I can really say to top institutionalized torture.

- Watched the U.S. start to pick itself back up again. After closely watching two presidential elections that were basically travesties (and of highly questionable legitimacy to boot), I finally got to vote in one, where I helped to turn a (kind of) Southern state blue for the first time in decades, and elect the nation's first (partially) African-American president. I watched the election night coverage in my dorm hallway, all of us freshmen sitting around waiting for one of the most important political decisions of our (newly) adult lives, and definitely the first one that we'd really had any contribution to. I watched the inauguration curled up in a chair in the same dorm hallway with my (at the time) girlfriend, who had not yet fallen out of love with me or in love with someone else.

- Learned to drive. Three years later, got in my first real car crash. Learned that I love long intercity road trips alone in the middle of the night.

- Developed taste in music, collected 60 gigabytes worth of recordings.

- Kissed a girl for the first time. Got dumped (and dumped someone) for the first time. Six months later, fell in love. First sexual everything (some of them with great stories). We suffered together through a long-distance relationship for two years until I went to college and we could finally see each other twice a week. Got dumped 3 more times until it finally ended. Learned I prefer brunettes.

- Got to see the Costa Rican rainforest.

- Got to see (and camp in) the Pacific Northwest temperate rainforest.

- Had a webcam conversation for the first time. Felt like we'd finally made it to the future. Soon followed by election of first African-American U.S. president.

- Donated blood for the first time.

- Developed a chronic relationship with depression. Several moments of considering suicide over the years thwarted by considering how it tends to hurt the most for the people you care about the most, and by reluctance to commit suicide in a sickeningly cliche manner (During heavy rainstorm, during a cloudy day in Upstate New York with "Don't Let It Bring You Down" playing on the radio, etc.)

- Found out that 3.14 looks like PIE backwards. WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!
...a fish called the Henamo grunter, named because it makes grunting noises from its swim bladder.
v1nsai wrote:Yes, I'm Linux, how can I help you ma'am?

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 pm UTC

Let's see. . . I am eighteen now, in 2009. Will be turning nineteen in June '10.

So, way back when, I suppose I was. . . nine?

Various breakdowns:

GBU
The Good: Getting into a committed mature relationship with my domestic accomplice.
The Bad: My grandfather-figure died. Cancer.
The Ugly: Nothing really fits in this category. :|

Random events that stick in the mind:
'01: I remember 9/11. Unlike a lot of people, I absorbed it quickly, quietly, and quickly grew sick to death of the media coverage. It didn't affect me, nor did the train bombings. I got so very tired of hearing about it. Same with Michael Jackson and other such events. The MJ thing wasn't really as big, since I didn't have to watch the news, but I hang out on the interweb, where it still seems a lot of people were talking about it.

Yearish back: Sent a scathing letter to my adoptive parents explaining how exactly they had failed as parents. They came to my door step. I told them that unless they were willing to accept it there would be no discussion. They left.

I've changed a lot. Not that that's difficult to understand. Just imagine the before photo as: "Good christian girl" and the after photo as "Antithesis thereof"

Had to try learning to drive a few back. At which point I discovered my fear of those screaming metal deathtraps translates exactly the same when I am in control. Making me a terrible driver, not to mention that I need height disability accessible vehicles :|.

Bleh. Not much else to say for now.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:36 am UTC

Insignificant Deifaction wrote:Let's see. . . I am eighteen now, in 2009. Will be turning nineteen in June '10.

So, way back when, I suppose I was. . . nine?

Various breakdowns:

GBU
The Good: Getting into a committed mature relationship with my domestic accomplice.
The Bad: My grandfather-figure died. Cancer.
The Ugly: Nothing really fits in this category. :|

Random events that stick in the mind:
'01: I remember 9/11. Unlike a lot of people, I absorbed it quickly, quietly, and quickly grew sick to death of the media coverage. It didn't affect me, nor did the train bombings. I got so very tired of hearing about it. Same with Michael Jackson and other such events. The MJ thing wasn't really as big, since I didn't have to watch the news, but I hang out on the interweb, where it still seems a lot of people were talking about it.

Yearish back: Sent a scathing letter to my adoptive parents explaining how exactly they had failed as parents. They came to my door step. I told them that unless they were willing to accept it there would be no discussion. They left.

I've changed a lot. Not that that's difficult to understand. Just imagine the before photo as: "Good christian girl" and the after photo as "Antithesis thereof"

Had to try learning to drive a few back. At which point I discovered my fear of those screaming metal deathtraps translates exactly the same when I am in control. Making me a terrible driver, not to mention that I need height disability accessible vehicles :|.

Bleh. Not much else to say for now.

What did the letter you send to your adoptive parents talk about?

If you don't mind me asking. :P

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm UTC

Basically, that they are the worst people ever, for forcing me to conform to their expectations of what I should be, and all the myriad ways that they, if anything, pushed me further away from their ideal, and were generally terrible parents.

Including practically giving up on me less than six months after they adopted me. :x
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

Insignificant Deifaction wrote:Basically, that they are the worst people ever, for forcing me to conform to their expectations of what I should be, and all the myriad ways that they, if anything, pushed me further away from their ideal, and were generally terrible parents.

Including practically giving up on me less than six months after they adopted me. :x

Im so sorry. :cry:

sje46

Postby sje46 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:29 pm UTC

This thread really depresses me. The last decade has contained the entirety of my teen and preteen years, and I've done...nothing. I read some books and became an internet addict. I started listening to music, but not much. I Started educating myself, but not much. You guys all put "had first kiss, lost virginity" and that stuff. I've barely hung out with any friends.

Family stuff...we moved, and my parents broke up.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:47 pm UTC

If it makes you feel any better, I was similar, at your age. My 7-17 decade was much less interesting than my 17-27 decade.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

Cammy

Postby Cammy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:17 pm UTC

13-23 here. No necessarily in order
Spoiler:
Next door neighbour friend moved away
got into Pokemon
lost my grandfather, nearly lost my grandmother and my 3 young cousins in the same car accident
got into japanese anime and video games
Went to highschool
got a computer
became a forum rat
got harassed at forums
had first relationship
went on youth program exchanges to England and France
had Marine scuba training course in Florida
slipped through the cracks and graduated highschool
tried to understand my mother through her various breakdowns and my parents 'separating'
encouraged my dad to lose weight and fix up his house that's falling apart
learned girls are mean and not always good friends
learned people are crazy
learned people are selfish
ran my own websites and RP forum
lost my virginity
had first serious relationship
moved out
tried drugs
got first dog on my own, raised from puppy, loved him
played frisbee, walked and hiked
fishing
more fishing
drank
had first love/hate relationship
friends i grew up with all had babies early and unexpectedly, tried to understand that
played lots of video games
played more video games
became good at some fighting games
read some really good books that shaped how i see the world
lost 3 grandparents
my uncle had a girl, whos nine now
my cousin has two boys now
moved several times
worked various piece work jobs
learned how to cook, exotic foods at that
learned part of first loves birth language
met first loves family and niece, learned about culture
went to college, dropped out after 1 semester due to financial issues
eventually totally ended things with first love after much mess and fighting
had breakdown after fighting with first love and things turned abusive
discovered xkcd
moved back home
went to different college, graduated
met someone at school
became very happy with someone i met at school
in happy relationship
settled into being a boring adult
stopped drinking and doing drugs
stopped being lazy
planned to pick up highschool credits to return to school for something that's a more stable job
became a near vegetarian purely for health reasons, i got really sick, haven't cut all the meat out yet
stopped being as antisocial as i used to be
stopped being painfully shy
started standing up for myself
started trying to change myself

Manial

Postby Manial » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:26 pm UTC

I was 9 in 2000, so pretty much everything I can remember happened in the last decade. I'll just list some things:

-Entirety of high school
-Moved 5 times
-Scraped into medicine
-Spent most of a year doing next to nothing (2008)
-Slept through the Boxing Day Tsunami :? (I was in coastal Sri Lanka at the time)
-Lost my grandmother
-Made every friend I have bar 2
-Kissed for the first time, Drank for the first time, Drove for the first time (not all at once :D)
-Visited Sri Lanka, Britain, Japan, India, Singapore, Italy.

To end on a light note, my music preferences:
2000 - Whatever's on the radio that I like
2001 - Pop
2002 - Rap
2003 - Rap, hip hop, RnB
2004 - Hip hop, RnB, reggae (briefly)
2005 - Alternative rock
2006 - Metal (briefly), rock, dance
2007 - Dance, techno, electronica
2008 - Dance, trance, techno
2009 - Whatever's on the radio that I like

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:23 am UTC

Went to lots of foreign countries
Discovered what jerks people are
Found a friend
Escapism
9/11, not really caring
Diabetes
Learning to despise organized religion, mellowing down and then mellowing up again
Defining myself
Loving myself
Learning empathy
Figuring out what I want to be
Finding people who have never heard of me who could still make days brighter
Half believing the ones who say it gets better when you get older -- finding out it didn't until I got way, way older
Celiac disease
Getting new relatives
Social stigma
Tsunami, again not caring
Internet
Masturbation
More friends
Falling in love
Broken heart, also deciding it's still worth it
Looooooneliness
First kiss
Guilt!
Writing offensive poetry
'You'll understand when you're older'-bullshit, from just about everybody who's older than me
Explaining stuff to inquiring kids almost getting me kicked out of a car, once, I think. Not really, but close.
Feeling betrayed
More friends but in real life this time
Grandma died, being sad
Had to go to a fucking funeral
Someone else died
Had to go to another fucking funeral
Learning how to be a journalist
Black president in America, not caring, just finding it amusing
Grandpa died, not really caring
Love, reciprocated love, sex, hurty breakup
Writing a book
Depression, blaming myself for the first time, massive fail, first time I felt like self-destructive behaviour
Guilt, self-doubt

Fucking worth it, most of it.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:20 am UTC

I don't have much to say about this decade. Woo, I was 8 in 2000. Woo, I'm 18 at this time. I can hardly remember the day-to-day garbage of the first few years, though certain world events stick out like certain cliches. I can say that I wasted much of it playing games. I can say that I cruised through school relatively uneventfully once I actually started taking it seriously (early in the decade), there were various vacations that seem to blur together, and... I actually don't remember all that much of this past decade. It's the decade where I became who I am, with my experiences etched into my personality. I've been praised and humbled. I've been elated and downtrodden (Go to hell, 2009... if you aren't, yourself, hell), I've been optimistic (so long ago now, though) and pessimistic (We're all fucked, and it's all because of us). I discovered the internet. I've never had a meaningful relationship, though my age would tend to suggest that without further information anyway. This decade is my life story, as everything before it is without note. Indeed, most of this decade is without note, as I almost never left the house... save for school. Quite frankly, I'd say that I can't wait to ditch the Nothings. We're all a bunch of nothings, though, so next year may not be any better. Should I bring up formative experiences such as my many failings or interactions with one oddball teacher after another? You aren't interested. Frankly, I've got nothing to say and you've just wasted valuable time in looking over this post.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

zorro226

Postby zorro226 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:08 am UTC

Well, most of my life was this still-nameless decade. I'll go through it year-by-year:
2000: Everyone was excited about the new millenium. Being in kindergarten, I had just recently learned about how to use calendars and whatnot, and having a '200x' instead of a '199x' really threw off my way of thinking. I think this was the year I got a Nintendo 64, my first video game system of several. It didn't matter that it had been out since 1996; things were simpler in those days. Also started playing th epiano, which I don't do much anymore.
2001: I thought it went pretty well for the first 8 months and 10 days. But with 9/11, people freaked out and there was a generally negative feeling going around that I still think exists today. Not that I knew much of the world before 9/11, but I believed those who said the world would never be the same.
2002: Not much notable here, I think I put about 100 hours into Banjo-Tooie yet never finished it. Yeah...
2003: I played Neopets, being in 3rd grade. 'Twas fun.
2004: Windy hurricanes were windy.
2005: I got my computer that I am still using. Not the best ever, but certainly a reliable one.
2006: Started playing in the band in school.
2007: average
2008: First serious look at politics, with the election and such, finally old enough to care. And Obama is just as useless as I thought he would be. *opinion*
2009: I started posting on xkcd.com. And here we are!

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:11 am UTC

Its strange how my thread has become oddly therapeutic.

....and that some of you had a really rotten decade.

LET IT ALL OUT! :cry:

JoeyJo0

Postby JoeyJo0 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:28 pm UTC

Alsmost everything in my life.

- Going beserk at people because I was being bullied. Threw a chair at someone. Eventually went to the police.
- First girlfriend, first kiss, lost virginity.
- Got a musical preference(Rock/Metal, mainly)
- Matured up

I'm not American, 9/11 didn't really hit me, nor did the death of MJ.
Ell (to Hintss) wrote:No, you can't see who has foed you. Be glad, because the list would probably be long enough to give you carpal tunnel if you tried to scroll through it.

Cammy

Postby Cammy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 pm UTC

I also got my driver's licence at 16 and didn't get into my first car accident until this year, at 22, and it wasn't my fault at all! Yay insurance! *pets new car*

Return to “General”