Digimon vs. Pokemon

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:32 pm UTC

Box Boy wrote:There was a D&D t.v show?

No, there wasn't, and if you continue insisting such a thing existed I will have to kill you.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."
User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Internetmeme » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:08 pm UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:
Box Boy wrote:There was a D&D t.v show?

No, there wasn't, and if you continue insisting such a thing existed I will have to kill you.

I also wish there was a sequel to The Matrix.
Oh, and weren't they making a movie about Eragon last year?
You are now breathing manually.
Also, you just lost a certain Game...

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Internetmeme
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby rpgamer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:34 am UTC

I, too, am going to throw my vote for Digimon, based on the animes. I liked everything up until... Idunno, that NeoGraymon crap. Spirit digivolutions were ok in my book. Not the best, but watchable. Tamers with the cards and all, that was fun. Armor digivolving, and DNA digivolving, that was kinda eh. And can't go wrong with the first season.

Pokemon, as has been said, got old. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if Ash would keep his damn pokemon. Does he ever keep any of the good ones? Doesn't seem like it. And he ditches them all with every new set.

Pidgeot? Gone. Charizard? Gone. Butterfree? Gone. He had a kickass Bulbasaur, too. Muk was great. He's got a whole herd of Tauros that never gets used. And firefighter Squirtle. Gave up Lapras.

I'd probably watch if he went around kicking butt with that team.

Ash is a selfish dick that cares nothing for the pokemon he catches. Maybe they had families. Friends. Maybe some of them even came to like traveling around with him. "Sorry, bitches. There's a new set of pokemon to start catching, I don't have time for you anymore."

Bastard.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
rpgamer
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby aleflamedyud » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

rpgamer wrote:I, too, am going to throw my vote for Digimon, based on the animes. I liked everything up until... Idunno, that NeoGraymon crap. Spirit digivolutions were ok in my book. Not the best, but watchable. Tamers with the cards and all, that was fun. Armor digivolving, and DNA digivolving, that was kinda eh. And can't go wrong with the first season.

Pokemon, as has been said, got old. Now, I wouldn't mind it so much if Ash would keep his damn pokemon. Does he ever keep any of the good ones? Doesn't seem like it. And he ditches them all with every new set.

Pidgeot? Gone. Charizard? Gone. Butterfree? Gone. He had a kickass Bulbasaur, too. Muk was great. He's got a whole herd of Tauros that never gets used. And firefighter Squirtle. Gave up Lapras.

I'd probably watch if he went around kicking butt with that team.

Ash is a selfish dick that cares nothing for the pokemon he catches. Maybe they had families. Friends. Maybe some of them even came to like traveling around with him. "Sorry, bitches. There's a new set of pokemon to start catching, I don't have time for you anymore."

Bastard.

In keeping with your sig, maybe in-between seasons Ash just keeps having one bad day.

Btw, I disagree. After enough madness you eventually come right around the bend again and turn really really sane. Never let on to anyone that you've come round the sanity bend, because that's the most disturbing thing of all.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."
User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby rpgamer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 am UTC

The Joker would likely disagree with you.

And I just don't believe in sanity.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
rpgamer
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:54 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby genericusername#4 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:50 am UTC

Wargreymon could take on Pokemon's baddest any day. End of discussion :)
Image
genericusername#4
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am UTC
Location: Pennsylvaniya

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Brooklynxman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:39 am UTC

Again Digimon, but frontier and savers sucked balls.

I posted in this thread before right?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby wqdiia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:43 am UTC

I never much cared for Pokemon, but I adored the 1st season of Digimon as a kid. I totally had a crush on one of the characters (Yamato Ishida, the blond kid with the blond kid brother). I remember searching pictures and information of him in the internet, eventually stumbling upon fanart and fanfiction and all sorts of yaoi. ...Funny to think that was ten years ago, that was probably one of the first things I did with Internet.
I have nostalgia-love for Digimon, even if watching it now is kind of painful, especially the horrible Finnish dub. You don't need to know the leanguage to hear that the dubbing's awful. I swear it didn't sound like that when I was younger. :|
User avatar
wqdiia
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:10 pm UTC
Location: Hallituskatu

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:46 pm UTC

wqdiia wrote:I never much cared for Pokemon, but I adored the 1st season of Digimon as a kid. I totally had a crush on one of the characters (Yamato Ishida, the blond kid with the blond kid brother). I remember searching pictures and information of him in the internet, eventually stumbling upon fanart and fanfiction and all sorts of yaoi. ...Funny to think that was ten years ago, that was probably one of the first things I did with Internet.
I have nostalgia-love for Digimon, even if watching it now is kind of painful, especially the horrible Finnish dub. You don't need to know the leanguage to hear that the dubbing's awful. I swear it didn't sound like that when I was younger. :|

Subs are a totally different thing from dubs. For one thing, the original Japanese never felt the need to put "digi-" in front of goddamn everything.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."
User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Bulvox » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 am UTC

Ok, I hate to bring up things from the first page, but I have to correct these mistakes.Firstly:
sje46 wrote:
Joeldi wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:Pokemon if for no reason other than that every other word isn't prefixed with "digi" or suffixed with "mon."


Pokemon, Pokeball, Pokedex, Pokemart, PokeGear, PokeEtch, PokeBlock, Pokemon Centre, Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon Breeder, Pokemon Watcher, Pokemon Gym Pokemon Contest, Whatever the Gen IV version of a PokeBlock was.
VS.

Digimon, Digiworld, DigiDestined, DigiVice, Digitama, Digi-Egg,Digivolve, Digizoidchrome, Digimental.

I'm not saying I haven't missed countless other Digi-things, but Pokemon isn't getting out of this scot-free.

Fixd that for you, cheater. We are talking about the prefix.
double-fix'd. In the real anime, not the dubbed version that reduced good material to crap, Digivolve isn't even what they say. It's Evolve, Super Evolve, and Warp Evolve. None of this Digivolving crap. And of course, they had to change the name of the metal from one thing to another. Who knows why they did this.
and Secondly:
rnew wrote:Resist ST, Resist.

EDIT:
I do wish to say though, despite my preference of Digimon, the theme tune really has a lot to improve on.
Spoiler:
Di Di Di...
Digimon!
Digimon!
Di Di Di...
Digimon!
Digimon!
Di Di Di...
Digimon!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digimon!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Change into Digital Champions to save the Digital World!
Digimon!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digimon!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digivolve into champions!
Armor Digivolve!
Digimon! Digital Monsters! Digimon are the champions!
Digimon!
Digital Monsters!
Digimon are the champions!
Digimon! Digital Monsters...
DIGIMON!
We get it. You're Digimon
No! That isn't even the right opening. I don't think any of you who've only seen the dub version realize how much was changed from the original. Let me enlighten you. This is the original opening, which says nothing about Digimon at all, it's just really good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOd3STWJr5s. This is the opening that the dub shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEMl3jPk8IE. Notice a distinct difference?
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...
User avatar
Bulvox
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Internetmeme » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:58 am UTC

You must admit that Pokemon's first two seasons had some of the most awesome earworm openings.

I wanna be the very best!
That no-one ever was!...
You are now breathing manually.
Also, you just lost a certain Game...

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Internetmeme
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Naurgul » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 am UTC

Bulvox wrote:This is the original opening, which says nothing about Digimon at all, it's just really good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOd3STWJr5s. This is the opening that the dub shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEMl3jPk8IE. Notice a distinct difference?
Wow, listening to the opening I couldn't help but remember back when I watched this. The greek dub opening had retained the original Japanese tune but changed the lyrics to greek. I feel pretty nostalgic now.

Thank Ya Space Samurai... ;)
Praised be the nightmare, which reveals to us that we have the power to create hell.
User avatar
Naurgul
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby dat20091 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:14 am UTC

Mavas wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:
Mavas wrote:Pokemon. Does Digimon have a God Pokemon? No? That's what I thought.

Yeah, it doesn't have a God mon. It has four.

Oh shit.

its more than 4
theres the Dark Masters,Devas,Celestial Digimon,Royal Knights,Olympus Twelve,Seven Great Demon Lords,Digimon Sovereigns Gaia Origins, Four Great Dragons ,Ancient Warriors, and theres a digimon thats suppose to be a god and theres the god thingy
and digimon has something pokemon don't have, AN ENDING!
dat20091
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:02 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:13 am UTC

Bulvox wrote:No! That isn't even the right opening. I don't think any of you who've only seen the dub version realize how much was changed from the original. Let me enlighten you. This is the original opening, which says nothing about Digimon at all, it's just really good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOd3STWJr5s. This is the opening that the dub shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEMl3jPk8IE. Notice a distinct difference?

Oh my stars, that is such a vast improvement.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.
User avatar
podbaydoor
 
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Bulvox » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 am UTC

podbaydoor wrote:
Bulvox wrote:No! That isn't even the right opening. I don't think any of you who've only seen the dub version realize how much was changed from the original. Let me enlighten you. This is the original opening, which says nothing about Digimon at all, it's just really good music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOd3STWJr5s. This is the opening that the dub shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEMl3jPk8IE. Notice a distinct difference?

Oh my stars, that is such a vast improvement.
Isn't it. And if you look at the first link, it'll give you every change between the original and the dub. You'd be amazed at what Bandai did to promote this as a kids show. The original shows that this is clearly not meant to be a kids show just by the fact that a gun shows up in the show, albeit near the end of the first season, but it's still there none the less.
Image
See Ya Space Cowboy...
User avatar
Bulvox
 
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm UTC
Location: Not Bunny

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Brother Maynard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 pm UTC

Internetmeme wrote:Pokemon is not a compelling story? Really?
Not according to this guy.


This actually makes me interested in Pokemon.
Brother Maynard
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby podbaydoor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:51 pm UTC

Only up to a point. After a while you start wishing for Ash's family to cut the life support.
tenet |ˈtenit|
noun
a principle or belief, esp. one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy : the tenets of classical liberalism.
tenant |ˈtenənt|
noun
a person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.
User avatar
podbaydoor
 
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 am UTC
Location: spaceship somewhere out there

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Internetmeme » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:01 pm UTC

podbaydoor wrote:Only up to a point. After a while you start wishing for Ash's family to cut the life support.

Don't be morbid.
You are now breathing manually.
Also, you just lost a certain Game...

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Internetmeme
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby wizardy42 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:25 am UTC

Pokemon > Digimon always and forever.

I remember when they took Pokemon off tv in the afternoons and replaced it with Digimon.
Oh emm gee.
You're the architect of my dreams, Spencer. You plan them and build them on blue paper and then I dream them, Spencer. That's what you do for me. Thank you for that, Spencer. You prick.
User avatar
wizardy42
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:53 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby snowolf » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm UTC

Pokemon the movie makes me cry.
maybe if this is witty enough, someone will finally love me
User avatar
snowolf
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:14 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby G_passiverune » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 am UTC

Here's my rating:


STRENGTH

Digimon wins 10,000,000 times, if a group of pokemon approaches a single dgimon, this is wat will the following digimon do:

omnimon will use supreme cannon, killing em

omnimon X (If he was somehow captured and brought to the pokemon world, even though thats impossible) will use all delete, destroying the entire pokemon population.

Gigaseadramon-Due to its massive size, with a few thumping of tails, hundreds of pokemon will die.

Wargreymon-Terra force will do its job

Metalgarurumon-Metal wolf claw

Magna Angemon-Gate of destiny

COOLNESS
If u have to compare a A.fat lizard<charizard> and a B.humanoid armored dragon<Wargreymon>,
Which will u choose?
<people who pick A are either brainless or simply insane>

ANIME

I've never watched pokemon, but i liked digimon, so digimon wins here

GAME

Pokemon wins here, but not by far, so overall, digimon wins :D
Last edited by G_passiverune on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
G_passiverune
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby hopesdead » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:32 am UTC

Digimon was something I enjoyed more then Pokemon. The fact that the digital word was connected to the survival of the Digimon was cool. Digimon: The Movie (or as the Japanese know it, their three movies combined and random scenes edited out) characters used the internet to send a virus to that huge Digimon that was digivolving so fast in the beginning of the movie. With Pokemon, humans wouldn't be able to help in life threatening situations because the stronger Pokemon could kill them if it wanted. For kids who were into computers, grew up in the 90s internet age and got excited by going to BestBuy were those who found Digimon more appealing then Pokemon.

Oh and those who think the lower level Pokemon are cute, well when they evolve you can't see them in the previous form any more. With Digimon, they digivolve to a stronger level (champion, ultimate and mega) and once they have finished the fighting they can transform back to the rookie level (hopeful not due to being knocked out cold). Plus the cardgame had cards that could level up and upgrade Digimon so much and Pokemon might have some but it is few compared to what Digimon are capable due to being digital.

On a level of creature vs. creature, Pokemon are going to lose big time. Yeah they might have bigger and cool attacks but with Digimon they have the digital world. If a human wanted to help a Digimon out they could just hop on the internet and do whatever cool stuff they had to do. A Pokemon trainer doesn't have much more then knowing how to control their Pokemon and the advantage/disadvantages s of that Pokemon and their type. Digimon can digivolve and even create a super Digimon with a DNA Digivolve that combines two different Digimon into one Digimon. I've never heard of Pokemon fusing like that before. I can't remember the name but I know there is one (Wikipedia has nothing on what I am looking for). Angewomon and Angemon had a special digivolve in which Kari and T.K. had special crest that allowed the two to digiolve into an a mega Digimon of the two combined. I'd love to know the name if anyone here can come up with the name of this Digimon.
How could you possibly think typing "import skynet" was a good thing?
hopesdead
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:50 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 am UTC

I will stab the next person to say "digivolve". That's a gay-ass term they only made up because they couldn't trademark "evolve", and we can use evolve like decent, if incredibly nerdy and shameless (admitting which kids' show you watched), people.

Btw, the new Stephen Colbert opening features him jumping down from a great height to stab an American flag into the ground and do a dramatic pose while a circular area lights up. The first thing I thought was, "Stephen evolved into whatmon?"
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."
User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby G_passiverune » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 am UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:I will stab the next person to say "digivolve". That's a gay-ass term they only made up because they couldn't trademark "evolve", and we can use evolve like decent, if incredibly nerdy and shameless (admitting which kids' show you watched), people.

Btw, the new Stephen Colbert opening features him jumping down from a great height to stab an American flag into the ground and do a dramatic pose while a circular area lights up. The first thing I thought was, "Stephen evolved into whatmon?"


Digivolve
G_passiverune
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby MysteryBall » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 am UTC

The Digimon movie was way more badass than the Pokemon one, if not just because it had Diaboromon, and of course the rabbit in the second bit...

Also, Digivolve.
MysteryBall
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:47 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Box Boy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 pm UTC

Cue wrote:The Digimon movie was way more badass than the Pokemon one, if not just because it had Diaboromon, and of course the rabbit in the second bit...

Spoiler:
Image

He will juggle you to death and shoot orbs of corruption at your hunk of flesh carcass.
Signatures are for chumps.
User avatar
Box Boy
WINNING
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby thicknavyrain » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

aleflamedyud wrote:That's a gay-ass term they only made up because they couldn't trademark "evolve", and we can use evolve like decent, if incredibly nerdy and shameless (admitting which kids' show you watched), people.


You damn straight it's a gay ass-term, I'd say it makes the rest of us all feel pretty gay with nostalgia and shit. Unless of course you were using gay in a derogatory context, but you wouldn't be so feeble minded as to let illogical social conditioning propagating homophobia and general fascist motherfuckery crawl it's way into an otherwise pleasant children's TV show conversation would you?

Also, digivolve. Heeheeheehee, I'm so mature.

Seriously though, don't use the word gay that way please. I don't want this to spark a discussion here so I'll just leave it there.
RoadieRich wrote:Thicknavyrain is appointed Nex Artifex, Author of Death of the second FaiD Assassins' Guild.
thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain
 
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:41 pm UTC
Location: The Universe

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Box Boy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:17 pm UTC

How the shit did i miss that?
Anyway, yeah, please don't use that term in a derogatory way, ever.
Signatures are for chumps.
User avatar
Box Boy
WINNING
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby aleflamedyud » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm UTC

G_passiverune wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:I will stab the next person to say "digivolve". That's a gay-ass term they only made up because they couldn't trademark "evolve", and we can use evolve like decent, if incredibly nerdy and shameless (admitting which kids' show you watched), people.

Btw, the new Stephen Colbert opening features him jumping down from a great height to stab an American flag into the ground and do a dramatic pose while a circular area lights up. The first thing I thought was, "Stephen evolved into whatmon?"


Digivolve

STAB.

Also, digivolve. Heeheeheehee, I'm so mature.

STAB.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."
User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Internetmeme » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:53 am UTC

thicknavyrain wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:That's a gay-ass term they only made up because they couldn't trademark "evolve", and we can use evolve like decent, if incredibly nerdy and shameless (admitting which kids' show you watched), people.


You damn straight it's a gay ass-term, I'd say it makes the rest of us all feel pretty gay with nostalgia and shit. Unless of course you were using gay in a derogatory context, but you wouldn't be so feeble minded as to let illogical social conditioning propagating homophobia and general fascist motherfuckery crawl it's way into an otherwise pleasant children's TV show conversation would you?

Also, digivolve. Heeheeheehee, I'm so mature.

Seriously though, don't use the word gay that way please. I don't want this to spark a discussion here so I'll just leave it there.

aleflamedyud, you should've read the rules to this forum at least. it's that big announcement at the top.
Rule 1:
secondtalon wrote:1. Gay, Homosexual, Faggot, and other terms I'm neglecting to mention aren't appropriate descriptions. Such terms will be changed to whatever word happens to pop in my head at the time, regardless of how grammatically correct the new word is. Like aardvark, or phlegm. If I'm feeling nice. I may just delete the whole thing, regardless of any other content.
You are now breathing manually.
Also, you just lost a certain Game...

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
Internetmeme
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm UTC
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby aleflamedyud » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 am UTC

Internetmeme wrote:
thicknavyrain wrote:
aleflamedyud wrote:That's a gay-ass term they only made up because they couldn't trademark "evolve", and we can use evolve like decent, if incredibly nerdy and shameless (admitting which kids' show you watched), people.


You damn straight it's a gay ass-term, I'd say it makes the rest of us all feel pretty gay with nostalgia and shit. Unless of course you were using gay in a derogatory context, but you wouldn't be so feeble minded as to let illogical social conditioning propagating homophobia and general fascist motherfuckery crawl it's way into an otherwise pleasant children's TV show conversation would you?

Also, digivolve. Heeheeheehee, I'm so mature.

Seriously though, don't use the word gay that way please. I don't want this to spark a discussion here so I'll just leave it there.

aleflamedyud, you should've read the rules to this forum at least. it's that big announcement at the top.
Rule 1:
secondtalon wrote:1. Gay, Homosexual, Faggot, and other terms I'm neglecting to mention aren't appropriate descriptions. Such terms will be changed to whatever word happens to pop in my head at the time, regardless of how grammatically correct the new word is. Like aardvark, or phlegm. If I'm feeling nice. I may just delete the whole thing, regardless of any other content.

I like how it's the people talking about "illogical social conditioning ... and general fascist motherfuckery" who want to legislate from On High that I can't apply the most common usage of a word because it offends people with weak constitutions and/or spine deficiency.

And I still insist that Stephen has evolved into Korbeltumon.
"With kindness comes naïveté. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward. If you can't accept any of that, you are not fit to be a graduate student."
User avatar
aleflamedyud
wants your cookies
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:50 pm UTC
Location: The Central Bureaucracy

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Box Boy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm UTC

Aflameydude, that grave you're digging yourself is getting dangerously close to the Earth's core.
Signatures are for chumps.
User avatar
Box Boy
WINNING
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby wizardy42 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:29 am UTC

Digivolve really is a phlegm-ass term.
You're the architect of my dreams, Spencer. You plan them and build them on blue paper and then I dream them, Spencer. That's what you do for me. Thank you for that, Spencer. You prick.
User avatar
wizardy42
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:53 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby G_passiverune » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 am UTC

Pokeball is a phlegm-ass term, not digivolve
G_passiverune
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:01 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Syaoran » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:46 pm UTC

Narius wrote:Pokemon would win for the sole reason that they have charizard.
Done.

the thing there is that charizard is kind of a big lizard that breaths fire compared to metalgreymon who is a tower sized dinosaur partly made of metal that could crush charizard with his toe nail with out even realising he had done it
Last edited by Syaoran on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Syaoran
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Uber_Apple » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:00 am UTC

The one where a group of humans (normally kids) use animal-like things to battle each other/ environmental threats is obviously the better one.
User avatar
Uber_Apple
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:07 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Endless Mike » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:51 pm UTC

Phlegm ass-term
User avatar
Endless Mike
 
Posts: 3203
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby HiddenCounter » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:46 am UTC

Pokemon has the best games. Probably one of the best JRPG's there are right now. With the complexity to competitively battling for pokemon is amazing and should be treated accordingly. I play some of the digimon games, and they are the worst things ever, a digimon fan probably should pretend they never happened. Kind of like what I do with the mario movie.

‎"I didnt know Vikings still existed"
"They mostly live in Minnesota"
http://www.freesportsbet.com/HiddenCounter.html Free Bets, pm me for details on the validity and rules.
HiddenCounter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 am UTC

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby Babam » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 pm UTC

HiddenCounter wrote:Pokemon has the best games. Probably one of the best JRPG's there are right now. With the complexity to competitively battling for pokemon is amazing and should be treated accordingly. I play some of the digimon games, and they are the worst things ever, a digimon fan probably should pretend they never happened. Kind of like what I do with the mario movie.

‎"I didnt know Vikings still existed"
"They mostly live in Minnesota"

Best JRPG? Did you even touch the beautiful glory that was The World Ends With You? Pokemon does fall under best 'mon game, but in no way is it the best JRPG by a long shot.
Spoiler:
crucialityfactor wrote:I KNEW he could club bitches!

SecondTalon wrote:Reality - More fucked up than Photoshop.

s/notwittysig/wittysig
User avatar
Babam
the Nearly Deleted
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:05 am UTC
Location: A multiverse, wandering the couch

Re: Digimon vs. Pokemon

Postby tastelikecoke » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:43 pm UTC

I have to say, Digimon is scary.

Black ocean? pale eyes? digimon invading the real world? Huge huge monsters that doesn't even look cute? And even divorce? That's quite depressing to me. Pokemon never got as deep as Digimon. And the Digimon game, I think we stopped at the protocol forest or something.
User avatar
tastelikecoke
 
Posts: 1199
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and TV Shows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KnightExemplar and 4 guests