[US] Cambervillains (Boston Area)

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Prelates, Moderators General

[US] Cambervillains (Boston Area)

Postby Princess Marzipan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:31 pm UTC

CatProximity and I will be meeting at Johnny D's in Davis Square for brunch at 1pm tomorrow.

The more the merrier; let's have some bacon!

Guitar Hero / Smash Brothers / Family Guy / alcohol can be had at my place afterwards for anyone interested. (BYOA)
Last edited by Princess Marzipan on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:12 am UTC, edited 7 times in total.
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.
Princess Marzipan
Bananas are fish who attack divers inland

Postby Bakemaster » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:11 am UTC

Alas, I didn't get paid today. I really really want to do this, though, so I will go shake down my hos tonight. Meeting inside, or?
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc
Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby OCR » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:37 am UTC

I'll be running out of town tomorrow during the day :(

enjoy the bacon without me.
"Well if you excuse me I'm going to go on an overnight drunk and in 10 days I'm going set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it."
OCR

Postby Princess Marzipan » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:09 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:Alas, I didn't get paid today. I really really want to do this, though, so I will go shake down my hos tonight. Meeting inside, or?

Right outside's probably easiest. I have no idea what inside looks like. You and know what each other look like, so we'll meet up and be on the lookout for a sad dog and a singing stick figure holding a spear.

OCR: You've not seen the last of me! We will meet again! For the first time! And exchange pleasantries beyond goobyes!
(Shit, that sounds all poetic.)
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
Princess Marzipan

Postby OCR » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:08 am UTC

Sorry about the lack of greeting, but it is less fun riding a bicycle in the rain than walking as I've found. I will give it my all to make the next Camberville meeting!
"Well if you excuse me I'm going to go on an overnight drunk and in 10 days I'm going set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it."
OCR

Postby Princess Marzipan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:21 am UTC

Brunch and Venture Brothers were quite entertaining.

Hanging out needs to occur again.

OCR: No apologies needed; I just find it amusing that we literally just said "goodbye" to each other.
Princess Marzipan

Postby Fantastic Idea » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:32 am UTC

I am sad that I missed it! I was busy making pancakes for twelve people and two dogs.

I will be there next time, perhaps.
How'm I supposed to know that you're high if you won't let me touch you?
Fantastic Idea
I'm the bad mod. Azrael is the good mod. Questions?

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

Oh, hey, this is super last minute but only one person has showed up for cake night so far, and he brought a bunch of veggies and wings to grill. I need people to help eat stuff, and plus hanging out is cool. I'm at 123 Fake Street right outside Davis, we'll be in the driveway getting our grill on, all are welcome to stop by. If not, cake night is every Monday night, put it on yours calendars. Tonight there is also beans and rice for the not-eating-chicken people.
Last edited by Bakemaster on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:54 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc
Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Fantastic Idea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:12 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:Oh, hey, this is super last minute but only one person has showed up for cake night so far, and he brought a bunch of veggies and wings to grill. I need people to help eat stuff, and plus hanging out is cool. I'm at 11 Appleton right outside Davis, we'll be in the driveway getting our grill on, all are welcome to stop by. If not, cake night is every Monday night, put it on yours calendars. Tonight there is also beans and rice for the not-eating-chicken people.

Oh MAN. I didn't see this until 9 PM. :-( I assume you're done for the evening. Alas.

WE WILL MEET AGAIN, BAKEMASTERRRRRR!!!!
Fantastic Idea

Postby Sprocket » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:39 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:I am sad that I missed it! I was busy making pancakes for twelve people and two dogs.

Why were you making pancakes for hot dogs?

Bakemaster wrote:Oh, hey, this is super last minute but only one person has showed up for cake night so far, and he brought a bunch of veggies and wings to grill. I need people to help eat stuff, and plus hanging out is cool. I'm at 123 Fake Street right outside Davis, we'll be in the driveway getting our grill on, all are welcome to stop by. If not, cake night is every Monday night, put it on yours calendars. Tonight there is also beans and rice for the not-eating-chicken people.
there's a CAKE night!?

Agreed on the needing to happen again. I just found this thread.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Pixel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:22 pm UTC

I'll add to the cries of stuff like this needing to happen again. I'm always glad of an excuse to run up to Boston.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"
Pixel

Postby Fantastic Idea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:32 pm UTC

Pixel wrote:I'll add to the cries of stuff like this needing to happen again. I'm always glad of an excuse to run up to Boston.

Peculiar, as I am in Hartford just about once a month. I think I smell a meet up in our future...

CatProximity wrote:
Meaux_Pas wrote:I am sad that I missed it! I was busy making pancakes for twelve people and two dogs.

Why were you making pancakes for hot dogs?

St. Alphonse's Pancake Breakfast, also known as my best friend's birthday. Pancake breakfast per tradition.

CatProximity wrote:
Bakemaster wrote:Oh, hey, this is super last minute but only one person has showed up for cake night so far, and he brought a bunch of veggies and wings to grill. I need people to help eat stuff, and plus hanging out is cool. I'm at 123 Fake Street right outside Davis, we'll be in the driveway getting our grill on, all are welcome to stop by. If not, cake night is every Monday night, put it on yours calendars. Tonight there is also beans and rice for the not-eating-chicken people.
there's a CAKE night!?

There was a cake night. I did end up going. Bakemaster wore a wonderful hat, and the cake was soooooo yummy. You will come next time! This must happen.
Fantastic Idea

Postby Pixel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:41 pm UTC

Meaux_Pas wrote:
Pixel wrote:I'll add to the cries of stuff like this needing to happen again. I'm always glad of an excuse to run up to Boston.

Peculiar, as I am in Hartford just about once a month. I think I smell a meet up in our future...

I'd offer my place for a CT meetup, but that is short-term offer, as our delightful landlord[1] failed to pay the mortgage and is being foreclosed on. So we're being kicked out the end of August.

[1]SARCASM OVERLOAD! WARNING!! WARNING!!
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"
Pixel

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:58 pm UTC

Awesome. I like your kitten.

Yes, there will be baking of some kind. Butter milk biscuits and banana walnut muffins?

[Edit: I WILL find some delicious chocolate to put into my warm butter milk biscuits (no impropriety intended) MARK MY WORDS!]
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:36 pm UTC

TONIGHT! I will be making Guiness Brownies! Who's with me?
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Fantastic Idea » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:40 pm UTC

I'm sorry, did you say 'Guiness Brownies', or was that the voices of angels I just heard?
Fantastic Idea

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:45 pm UTC

CatProximity wrote:TONIGHT! I will be making Guiness Brownies! Who's with me?

I am afraid I am busy. But perhaps xkcd could invade next cake night?

ALSO, any Cambervillians with musical theater talent: My theater group needs you

Pixel wrote:I'd offer my place for a CT meetup, but that is short-term offer, as our delightful landlord[1] failed to pay the mortgage and is being foreclosed on. So we're being kicked out the end of August.

Quick! Have babies. Evicting small children is nigh impossible.
Azrael
Unintentionally Intoxicated

Postby Pixel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:49 pm UTC

I'd come up, but we're having Car Chase Movie Night at our place in CT (tonight's move, the original 1955 "The Fast & The Furious"). Though if anyone wants to come to that, let me know and I'll send you directions, movie starts at ~6:30pm.

And actually, we do it every other Wednesday, so if you want to attend in the future let me know and I'll send you the info (though dates/locations may get shifted around thanks to us packing/moving).

"Less bite, more wobble"
Pixel

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:49 pm UTC

Azrael wrote:
CatProximity wrote:TONIGHT! I will be making Guiness Brownies! Who's with me?

I am afraid I am busy. But perhaps xkcd could invade next cake night?

ALSO, any Cambervillians with musical theater talent: My theater group needs you

Pixel wrote:I'd offer my place for a CT meetup, but that is short-term offer, as our delightful landlord[1] failed to pay the mortgage and is being foreclosed on. So we're being kicked out the end of August.

I think YOU'VE just answered MY prayers! I can sing. That's about it....does that help? I'm a she but I love to perform and haven't really done anything like this since highschool. USE MEEEEE!

Meaux_Pas wrote:I'm sorry, did you say 'Guiness Brownies', or was that the voices of angels I just heard?

Oh you heard me. Guiness + Chocolate = DELICIOIUS DEATH!
Last edited by Sprocket on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Pixel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:50 pm UTC

Azrael wrote:

I think that is in the top ten worst reasons I've ever heard to have kids. :)

"Less bite, more wobble"
Pixel

Postby Pixel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:53 pm UTC

So it occurs to me, do we want to start a new topic for Boston area meetups and/or Hartford area meetups?

Or possibly a new forum for meetups in general, then people can post whenever they are hosting something?

"Less bite, more wobble"
Pixel

Postby Tractor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:01 pm UTC

Being that I am in between these two places, I am torn.
Unfortunately, the final tear may be that there will be work in the morning. Damn you, gainful employment!

However, there is definately interest for weekend-style thingers in the MA/CT area.
9 x 6 = 42

Note: Randall kicks ass.
Tractor

Postby Fantastic Idea » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:02 pm UTC

Pixel wrote:I'd come up, but we're having Car Chase Movie Night at our place in CT (tonight's move, the original 1955 "The Fast & The Furious"). Though if anyone wants to come to that, let me know and I'll send you directions, movie starts at ~6:30pm.

And actually, we do it every other Wednesday, so if you want to attend in the future let me know and I'll send you the info (though dates/locations may get shifted around thanks to us packing/moving).

My only method of transportation to Hartford is via a very expensive bus, so a visit from me is not feasible right now... but in the future if there is a trip to Hartford for said movie night, I would love to tag along with someone who would have a car! I can contribute to gas money!
That would be cool. I usually only go down to CT on the weekends, though.

And hey CatProximity- I may just come out for guiness brownies, it will depend on the rain, for the most part.
Fantastic Idea

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 pm UTC

http://www.godiva.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?id=580 said recipie and 600th Post!

WIN ALL AROUND!

Adieu and good evening! Nouget has my contact if you needs.
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Princess Marzipan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 pm UTC

Pixel wrote:Or possibly a new forum for meetups in general, then people can post whenever they are hosting something?

I would imagine General to be the best place to post meetup topics; I don't see a specific Meetup forum getting enough traffic to make it worthwhile. General and PMs should suffice for the most part.

CatProximity wrote:Nouget has my contact if you needs.

ARG, spell me right! I lose 3 HP every time some typos me. :cry:
Princess Marzipan

Postby Tractor » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 pm UTC

CreemyNougat wrote:
CatProximity wrote:Nouget has my contact if you needs.

ARG, spell me right! I lose 3 HP every time some typos me. :cry:

How many misspells till you need a rez?
CreamyNougat
CreemyNugat
CremeyNougat

:P
9 x 6 = 42

Tractor

Postby Fantastic Idea » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:47 pm UTC

You don't understand! Nougat is getting dead!
Fantastic Idea

Postby Pixel » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:06 pm UTC

Nougat needs spellchecker badly!

"Less bite, more wobble"
Pixel

Postby AnonyMouse » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm UTC

Tractor wrote:However, there is definately interest for weekend-style thingers in the MA/CT area.

seconded (at least!).
AnonyMouse
Boobs, LOL!

Postby Princess Marzipan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:15 pm UTC

Tractor wrote:How many misspells till you need a rez?
CreamyNougat
CreemyNugat
CremeyNougat

:P

Ow, my the fact that I was alive a second ago!
Princess Marzipan

Postby Tractor » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:10 pm UTC

CreemyNougat wrote:Ow, my the fact that I was alive a second ago!

Is it me, or does that not resolve to a real sentence?
9 x 6 = 42

Tractor

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:58 pm UTC

Yeah I was thinking this had turned into a sort of all-purpose meetup thread for our area. Maybe the title should reflect that...?

For those interested in coming to cake night, it takes place every Monday. Cat suggested orange cake next, and that's fine with me. My address is not actually 123 Fake Street (sadly) but I will respond to PM requests for directions. Probably with directions, even.

Also just in case someone was going to drop by the parking lot today, the act flying in from Edinborough had delays getting his visa so his show was cancelled and thus my shift along with it. Just FYI.
Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:26 pm UTC

Nougat! WHen can we come over tonight?
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Alomax » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:14 pm UTC

I've no idea what the actual content of this thread is, but I just need to share the fact that every time I scan the topic list, I read this as "Cyber Villain Meetup Thread".

I've done this at least a dozen times.

I now demand the cyber villains take over this thread and conspire some evil plot involving cyber babes whist twirring cyber-mustashes.
Alomax

Postby Princess Marzipan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:32 pm UTC

Tractor wrote:
CreemyNougat wrote:Ow, my the fact that I was alive a second ago!

Is it me, or does that not resolve to a real sentence?
It's just you.

CatProximity wrote:Nougat! WHen can we come over tonight?
You should actually check with Meaux_Pas; she gets out of work sooner than I.
Princess Marzipan

Postby Fantastic Idea » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:40 pm UTC

And today is a gym day. So I'll be home around 6ish, and then Nougat will be coming home when it's time for me to go to the gym. But I have to do laundry before I can hit the gym... uh I didn't know we were having peeps over. ;_; I may be a party-pooper, I have a lot to get done tonight before the big HP weekend starts. People can come over whenever, I just might not be the most entertaining person alive.
Fantastic Idea

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:52 pm UTC

We do not require dirty bags of mostly water for entertainment. We require Guinness brownies.

$100 (Disney) to the first person to place that.

And YES re: Cyber Villains.
Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Fantastic Idea » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:58 pm UTC

So yeah, bakey man and cat proximity- if you wanna come over I should be home by 6. We can power up the Wii and bowl or something. When Nougat gets home I'll bugger off for a while.

Anybody else from Cambridge/Somerville actually want to meet real human beings? I promise they aren't scary. Well... not that scary.
Fantastic Idea

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:09 pm UTC

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Sprocket » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:18 pm UTC

GIANT ONE EARED BUNNY!

WANT!

And also, tonight a bit after 6 works for me...I still need to know where the f' your house went to.

We are awesome, btw.

LOL! Guiness commercial reference on NPR! voting 87 to 1 doubling the bounty of ossama binladen, and Ted Kopel thinks the republican party should adopt the guys from the comercial as their new mascots.

Where was I? Oh yeah...So Nougat is a big amusing videogame/meme dork. Meaux is the same only slightly less on the video game and more on the swearing.... I'm mostly harmless, with biting sarcasm and a twinkle in my eye that speak of knifey stabbiness! Then Bakemaster is just a cool, good natured ninja. ::Shrug:: What more need be said.
ImageImage Image Image
Sprocket
Seymour

Next

Return to XKCD Meetups