I will never admit...

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Postby Peshmerga » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:35 pm UTC

I play :\
i hurd u liek mudkips???
Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Toeofdoom » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:44 pm UTC

Hehehe....

I dont play any more, but a group of my friends do. One in particular is called a "noob" alot, mainly because he's the one that knows about equal most about WoW, but is generally terrible at comebacks so if someone calls him a noob he has no response.

His characters name is Yaz.

When I first checked his armory I started laughing out loud (like for real).
His arena team was named "yazisanoob"
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website
Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:03 pm UTC

I'm coming off because the stuff that I do do is losing interest, and the stuff that I don't do I don't do because it either
a) takes too much time to get around at all.
b) is not as interesting as the stuff I do do.

Point of interest: I find crafting more interesting than fighting monsters, but you need to fight lots to advance far in crafting.

EDIT:

Incidentally, anyone on The Sha'tar want 10 Gold?
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
Spoiler:
Nullcline wrote:What a colossal waste of stupidity.
fjafjan wrote:I got quite a lot of "batter" left
natraj wrote:skydiving is p fun (in this respect it is almost exactly unlike centipedes)
doogly wrote:Oh, I like everything!
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby Kikral » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:26 pm UTC

Used to, got addicted, quit. Restarted account, smelled the taint of addiction again, account terminated, 9 months prior to the expansion. I now play LOTRO, which is no where near as addicting.
I miss my guild though. It was a mix of Real Life and Online friends, some from different MMOs. They kept me updated for a while, but eventually I just got tired of hearing about the kind of cool instances they were doing.
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.
Kikral

Postby Owijad » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:17 pm UTC

Addicting is not an adjective.
And if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold,
But if you lose, the devil gets your sould!
Owijad
1000 posts and still no title

Postby Alomax » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:25 pm UTC

I played from beta until Feb of this year, then quit because I had done most everything I could do. In order to see the stuff I was really interested in (high-end dungeon lore) I would have had to re-dedicate my time to a raid schedule, which I had done before for MC/BWL/AQ, but didn't feel like doing again. So I quit, got hooked on SupCom instead, and now I play EVE. EVE is great for casual play. And I can play with PEW PEW lasers.
Alomax

Postby SpitValve » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:07 am UTC

World of Warcraft is Satan's current strategy for harvesting souls.

Owijad wrote:Addicting is not an adjective.

Participles can be used as adjectives.
SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:17 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:World of Warcraft is Satan's current strategy for harvesting souls.

I used to work with a guy who believed that. He also liked pulling him mobile out and playing the 10-second clip he'd cut from the Smashing Pumpkins' The End is the Beginning that went:
The Smashing Pumpkins wrote:...and I am with you now, inside your world of wow...
Linguistic Anarchist
Hawknc: ANGELL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS :-[
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.
GhostWolfe
Broken wings and scattered feathers

Postby __Kit » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 am UTC

My (rich) friend got WoW yesterday, I just laughed, he doesn't do any extra curricular so he will probably play that ALL day.
=]
__Kit

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 am UTC

__Kit wrote:... he doesn't do any extra curricular so he will probably play that ALL day.

So what if he does?

People don't realise that WoW is also the world's most expensive chat-room. If it hadn't been for WoW, I would have never found this forum, I barely knew what teh internets were before I started playing WoW. The majority of the friends I made outside of school before joining this forum were in WoW. It's not the monster non-WoW players make it out to be; and definitely not the monster that the born-again "reformed" players make it out to be.

[/rant]
Linguistic Anarchist
lesliesage: Animals dunked in crude oil: sad. Animals dunked in boiling oil: tasty.
Belial: I was in your mom's room all night committing to a series of extended military actions.
GhostWolfe

Postby __Kit » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:55 am UTC

I still don't seem why people pay money for a seemingly 'second life' when they can work on their real lives. It's just kinda lazy.
=]
__Kit

Postby SpitValve » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:27 am UTC

__Kit wrote:I still don't seem why people pay money for a seemingly 'second life' when they can work on their real lives. It's just kinda lazy.

Especially when you can get a Second Life second life for free :P
SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:24 am UTC

__Kit wrote:I still don't seem why people pay money for a seemingly 'second life' when they can work on their real lives. It's just kinda lazy.

So, you can travel to far flung worlds; be a proud warrior, clever fighter, or perhaps a talented spellcaster; encounter astounding beasts; undertake amazing quests in your real life can you?
Linguistic Anarchist
GhostWolfe

Postby Phenriz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:48 pm UTC

cost of wow per month - $15
cost of going out for drinks with your friends one saturday night - $20 (ish sometimes more sometimes slightly less)

cost per "enjoyment" time wow is more cost effective. now as far as a real social life, well i'm not defending wow in that aspect.
I loveded you piggy, i lovded youuuu!!!
Phenriz
I'm daaancin' like a monkey!

Postby OCR » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 pm UTC

$20 is a very lean bar tab. The problem is you can play plenty of WoW and rack up bar tabs, making yourself much poorer.
"Well if you excuse me I'm going to go on an overnight drunk and in 10 days I'm going set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it."
OCR

Postby Phenriz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:10 pm UTC

OCR wrote:$20 is a very lean bar tab. The problem is you can play plenty of WoW and rack up bar tabs, making yourself much poorer.

true, but i was saying for all practical purposes.

it's not uncommon for me to spend around $40 for a night of drinking.
Phenriz

Postby Cuton » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:41 pm UTC

I've just recently stopped playing. I'm trying to sell my account. Anyone have previous experience with such a "procedure"? If anyone's interested: 70 BE Paladin, Karazhan healing and tanking gear, arena season 2 4 piece dmg/healing gear, 70 troll shaman, instance blues, 60 tauren druid. All on same server, all elligible for transfer. Nearly 2.5k gold between all three. If you want details, send me a private message and I'll give you armory links.

Cuton
Cuton

Postby Phenriz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:48 pm UTC

don't use paypal, for anything ever.

i got burned real bad on selling my account back in november.

You can try playerauctions. I know people who have had success with that place.
Phenriz

Postby Cuton » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

What happenend with paypal? Just didn't get the money?

Cuton
Cuton

Postby Phenriz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:56 pm UTC

long story short.

sold my account for $400.

got the money transfered to my bank account (waited 3 days to send the info)

sent the guy the info, checked to make sure he got the info right by creating an alt on that server and talking to him about the sale.

money is deducted from my bank account, without warning.

i try to contact paypal about the situation over the course of 3 months, by sending certified letters and calling twice a week. I get the "due to the holiday load we're too busy to help with your request"

when i finally get a hold of someone in february, they tell me i've waited too long to contact them to investigate the actions and that i'd need a court order(subpoena) to get the info i need.

I'm positive the guy reversed payment on his card, and for this reason specifically i don't deal with credit card companies (payed off my card and destroyed it) or paypal any further.
Phenriz

Postby Cuton » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:59 pm UTC

That's terribly lame. I'm trying to sell it through people I know first so that I don't get shafted easily. Barring that, I'd try playerauctions. I have no idead what type of price the account would fetch though... you have any clue?

Cuton
Cuton

Postby Phenriz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:04 pm UTC

a lvl 70 without any gear should be around $200 (used to be the going price for no geared 60s preBC)

Not sure how much tiered gear is worth these days, as craftables/arena gear is very comparable to raiding gear, compared to the gear itemization preBC, i don't see current raiding gear as particularly valuable.

but browse through playerauctions to be sure.
Phenriz

Postby GhostWolfe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:37 pm UTC

The biggest pain in the ass about selling your account is that Blizz has stopped transfering accounts (I was going to buy a friend's Druid a few weeks ago), so anyone taking on your account a) cannot change the name on the account from yours to theirs, and b) cannot merge it with any account(s) they already have.
Linguistic Anarchist
GhostWolfe

Previous

Return to Gaming