[L] Buffy Mafia - Game Over: Chosen

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:30 am UTC

Any chance of a claim Misnomer? Cos you're looking mighty suspicious to me right about now.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Misnomer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am UTC

roband wrote:Any chance of a claim Misnomer? Cos you're looking mighty suspicious to me right about now.


Hey, I'm human and I've been chipped. What else do you need to worry about? :)
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:03 am UTC

There are so many "canonical" reasons to think that Oz is a good character that I'm tending to fear that the people who are currently gunning for him are, in fact, our cultists. I truly hope that the cult isn't as big as it seems. If it is that big, I'm over here if you need a last recruit! (I mean I've gone from town, to scum-supporter, to redeemable serial killer, to useless -- why not give me a fourth change of alignment…)

Seriously, though, we need to hear cycoden out. I fear he may be one of the very last people who can actually get us out of this. Paradoxically, the last remaining vampire will need to side with the town to get rid of the wolves, if they are anywhere near as bad as I think, though I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to claim outright.

Assuming I survive to night, I suppose I have to try out my chip and see if it really did take away my kill. I would appreciate having a sufficiently scummy target in case it actually works.

I would be more happy with a mister k lynch at present than an Oz/cycoden one. In either case, we are taking out a werewolf, just that one of these werewolves is canonically a good guy (Oz) and the other (unidentified) is pretty certainly NOT a good guy.

I guess we need to do a table of who's who. We should be able to figure everything out by this point, at least within a small margin of error. But I have to go to lunch.
Image <-- Evil experiment

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 3: Normal Again

Postby cycoden » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Huh. Apparently I am not as dead as I feared. And its day. And my party! Nice to know somone believes me.

Brooklynxman wrote:Also, you have never even used the word cult up till now. Nice job trying to warn us. Early game spec you could have asked for potential cults, or lead us to it in various other ways which would involve multiple people and not make you look like you had inside info. You didn't.
And there is a very good reason for that. If I had let on that I knew there was a cult, it would have increased the probability that Veruca would have figured out who I was. Furthermore, I was hoping that Veruca or one of her recruits might have given themselves away by mentioning something out of the blue.

OK. I am pretty sure that Mister K and probably BXM are recruited werewolves. However for my win condition, I need Veruca dead. For the town's sake, we need to prevent further recruits (on the assumption that the recruit dies with Veruca).

Unfortunetly, I didn't get an investigation in last night. However, I am reasonably confident that Veruca is either Dark Loink or misnomer (and that the other is the last evil vampire).

After reviewing their posts, my best guess is that DL is Veruca. Here is why:
DL wrote:Also...werewolves?
(reads wiki page)
...That wasn't very re-assuring. If we do have were-wolves, can you explain how you know?
Because they seem like they'd be a cult, and that and glory means we have a lot to deal with yet. How exactly do you know this, an explination would definantly help us track down it, if you are right.
DL seems to be waaaay overdoing the naivety here...

Dark Loink wrote:No, you never said they were a cult, and I was wondering if there was more than that, because just claiming werewolves is a bit random of a claim, although it seems to already have explained.
I thought if they were in the game, from what I read, they were probably a cult, because of how werewolves work. And since until now there hasn't been word of them, that would have meant they were undeteced as of yet, which is bad.
mpolo wrote:a second werewolf (TS's statement)

This, it lead to too many roles, some of which were obvious, and had to be in the game. But if it is a cult, there could have only been one werewolf. I'm not sure, but these are my speculations at this time. And, as brook also has stated, we haven't seen any kills-so that is what would make sense, and we really need to track them down soon if its already d3, and we've lost almost half the players(and none of them were said to be werewolves.) You know, I'm starting to see one reason why we have a night lynch.
Thou doth protesteth too much, DL. Otherwise, both DL and misnomer have been consciously staying under the radar.

Therefore:

vote: Dark Loink

AMT wrote:[b]Er, I mean... NO I *^*#^%)^*ING HAVE NOT.
This is epic....

Oh wait. I've now seen some of Twilight. Curse you, AMT! May you marry someone who insists on naming your future children Edward, Bella and Jacob.

Anyway, its late here. I should be able to post again on the weekend if any further clarification is needed.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:45 pm UTC

Couldn't Misnomer's little sheepish grin and refusal to identify himself: "I'm human and I've been chipped. What else do you need to worry about?" be a cover for his being Veruca? (I.e. there is something else to worry about: that I am transforming your whole town into my slaves; and I'm not going to claim, because there's nothing left for me to claim.)

Like if he was species-tested (possibly during the day) and in any case by someone lacking Oz's nose?

Vote: Misnomer
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:47 pm UTC

EBWOP: Glory not killing Brook last night means one of a few things:

1) She was chipped on Day 3 and so was unable to kill on Night 3.
2) She was recruited to the cult (could that happen to a demon thing?) and decided not to kill her cult-buddy.
3) She didn't log in in time.

As she had an active kill on Night 2, she wasn't chipped at that point.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:04 pm UTC

I hate to admit it, but I'm half believing Cycoden here.

I could go for a vote on Misnomer. He needs to claim, IMO.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Misnomer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:40 pm UTC

Arghh... fine then. As much as I hate massclaims, if my refusal to claim leads town on a wild goose chase then that's not helping anyonw, least of all me.

I am Ben. I started off as Ben/Glory,and I was told at the start of each phase who I was. As Glory I had the ability to target people to find the key - what effect this would have on those who weren't targeted I never found out, as I didn't get my action sent in before the day ended the first time I was glory, and the second time I got the key. :twisted: Anyways, I got my Glory win when I attacked BXM and slipped through the portal, so I am now just Ben.

So yeah, you don't need to worry about Glory any more.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:00 pm UTC

Misnomer wrote:Arghh... fine then. As much as I hate massclaims, if my refusal to claim leads town on a wild goose chase then that's not helping anyonw, least of all me.

I am Ben. I started off as Ben/Glory,and I was told at the start of each phase who I was. As Glory I had the ability to target people to find the key - what effect this would have on those who weren't targeted I never found out, as I didn't get my action sent in before the day ended the first time I was glory, and the second time I got the key. :twisted: Anyways, I got my Glory win when I attacked BXM and slipped through the portal, so I am now just Ben.

So yeah, you don't need to worry about Glory any more.


I think I found who I prophecy today. Anyone object?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:06 pm UTC

EBWOP: Also, what is your current win condition?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Misnomer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:12 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:EBWOP: Also, what is your current win condition?

Survivor. ¬_¬
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:52 pm UTC

Living Players (updated from roband):

1. ThinkSweet - claimed as Spike, Town
2. Dr Ug - claimed Riley, the chipster, Independent
3. mister k - leading discussion, no pings. -- copped as werewolf
4. mpolo - claimed as Faith, loser
5. Misnomer - Claims Ben/Glory
6. Brooklynxman - all but confirmed as Dawn, Town - very anti-cycoden (suspect werewolf)
7. Dark Loink - role unknown
8. vector/MasterOfAll - claimed as Angel, Town
9. Two-Fry ElectricHaze - claimed Anya, Town
10. ahippo - claimed Jonathan, now Town
11. cycoden - Claimed Oz, Werewolf claimed town
12. roband - me, claimed Giles, Town

By elimination, mister k is Xander, and was werewolfized, which means that Cycoden is in fact the head of the werewolf faction. Whether he's Oz or Veruca remains to be seen.

Unvote: Misnomer
Vote: cycoden
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 pm UTC

EBWOP: If this is right, I no longer particularly suspect Brook of being a wolf. He might be, but I don't have a grounded suspicion.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:51 pm UTC

Votals:

6 cycoden (mister k, MasterofAll, roband, Dr Ug, Misnomer, mpolo)
1 Dark Loink (cycoden)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

User avatar
Dr Ug
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 am UTC
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Dr Ug » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 pm UTC

Unvote

To allow BXM to report his investigation. Misnomer has claimed to no longer being glory because he "got the key", except that BXM is still alive - this doesn't gel for me... I'm concerned that we should be lynching in that direction.
Where did my old signature go? :(

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:14 pm UTC

So, we have claims from just about everyone at this point. And we can probably feel pretty good about putting 'Xander' next to mister k. It would be nice to hear from him and DarkLoink for the sake of completeness, though.

Now it is just a matter of figuring out who to believe ("ooh, I'm totally town now, too!") and hunting down the doggies (especially since Dr Ug seems to be able to strip players of their kills). I still think that cycoden is the most likely candidate to be the cult leader, and thus still deserves to be lynched today. And then mister k and ahippo would be the next 2 targets I'd like to see lynched.

Other than waiting for Brook's investigation, is there any reason to keep this day going?
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:20 pm UTC

Do we still have an active vamp? I think I remember a few of the recent death flavors implying vamp kills...

If that is the case then it seems like mister k is xander, then oz is the cult leader and ahippo is a vamp. At least at first glance, though there could be some creative lying going on to trick us...

anyways I feel pretty confident with a werewolf lynch, cult is a big worry as the game goes on if they keep racking up recruits, so on that I think I will.
Vote: cycoden
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 pm UTC

EBWOP: Oh wait, I missed that we are waiting on an investigation from BxM,
Unvote

To allow him to get his thing off.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Misnomer » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

Dr Ug wrote:Unvote

To allow BXM to report his investigation. Misnomer has claimed to no longer being glory because he "got the key", except that BXM is still alive - this doesn't gel for me... I'm concerned that we should be lynching in that direction.


ameretrifle wrote:The blonde goddess has Dawn by the throat, standing at the end of the walkway as the girl struggles uselessly to pry her hands away. "I've got her, sweetheart," she says. "And I am getting the hell out of this place."

She takes a dagger, and cuts a shallow line across Dawn's wrist. Blood drips down-- and all hell breaks loose.

Giles reaches the bottom of the tower; it's still too dim to see. The sky erupts into blue-white, unnatural lightning, forking across the sky-- space and time itself ripping apart.

"See you in Hell, bitches," says a familiar voice, inhumanly loud, laughing in pure glee as she steps into the portal and out of this world.

Giles lunges toward the ramp, Xander at his heels, though he knows he'll be too late, already was, already is.

"I have to--" says Dawn, crying.

"Shh. No." Buffy wipes away her tears. "You're my sister. I'm not letting you do this."

"But-- but this is killing people--!"

"It's all right," says Buffy, and leans forward, whispering in Dawn's ear.

And then she turns, and runs-- and leaps into the portal herself.

When Giles and Xander reach to the top of the tower, Dawn is on her knees, still crying, still bleeding. She won't say anything except, "The hardest thing in this world is to live in it."

You all gather around the base of the tower, stunned speechless, as you stare at Buffy's unmoving body and realize-- the Slayer is dead.

As you can see, Glory stepped through the portal and left the world. I didn't have to kill Dawn - I just had to find her and use her energy to open the portal.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby ameretrifle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:34 pm UTC

Votals:

5 cycoden (mister k, MasterofAll, roband, Misnomer, mpolo)
1 Dark Loink (cycoden)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am UTC

Ok, I agree with a Cycoden lynch here, but we need to think about this carefully.

As Dark Loink is the only 'role unconfirmed on our list, I propose that he is vamp. This also fits in with Van protecting him.

Therefore, I think we need to lynch alternate vamps/wolves as to not give either one enough players to control the lynchings.
My order of lynches would be: Cycoden, Dark Loink, mister k, mpolo, BXM...

I have had a mental turn around here and think we might just win this... If we play it right

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:49 am UTC

EBWOP: All the way, Dr Ug can chip our future targets to stop them killing :)

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:16 pm UTC

Also,

Unvote

for now, so that there's no possibility 2 vamps (or other non-towns) can arrange to jump on and hammer this.

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mister k » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:50 pm UTC

ok, I think I need to claim. I'm veruca, a member of an opposing cult to cycoden's. Its been pretty hard for me to recruit throughout this game, with a number of protections and demons running around who couln't be converted. I did, however, manage to pick up ahippo. I was pretty happy with a cycoden lynch, but we investigated misnomer and found out he is still Glory. I am loathe to reveal myself, but we absolutely need to lynch misnomer before night, as I think he'll be able to WIN at that point.

unvote
vote:misnomer
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Misnomer » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:30 pm UTC

mister k wrote:ok, I think I need to claim. I'm veruca, a member of an opposing cult to cycoden's. Its been pretty hard for me to recruit throughout this game, with a number of protections and demons running around who couln't be converted. I did, however, manage to pick up ahippo. I was pretty happy with a cycoden lynch, but we investigated misnomer and found out he is still Glory. I am loathe to reveal myself, but we absolutely need to lynch misnomer before night, as I think he'll be able to WIN at that point.

unvote
vote:misnomer


Ahahaha... oh my, what do we have here? Are you seriously outing yourself and cycoden as cult leaders? And expecting us not to lynch either of you?

This "investigation" of yours - who's is it exactly? What's the flavour reasoning behind it existing? Why exactly do you think I will be able to win at night?

I reckon that despite your protestations to the contrary, you and cycoden are on the same side. And judging by this desperate attempt to spin the lynch away from him(?), cycoden's your cult leader, most likely with a non-hereditary recruit. So yeah, I think my vote will stay where it is for now. Thanks for outing yourself as anti-town though. :)
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby MasterOfAll » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:57 pm UTC

mister k wrote:ok, I think I need to claim. I'm veruca, a member of an opposing cult to cycoden's. Its been pretty hard for me to recruit throughout this game, with a number of protections and demons running around who couln't be converted. I did, however, manage to pick up ahippo. I was pretty happy with a cycoden lynch, but we investigated misnomer and found out he is still Glory. I am loathe to reveal myself, but we absolutely need to lynch misnomer before night, as I think he'll be able to WIN at that point.

unvote
vote:misnomer

That's a very noble thing you are trying to do, Xander. Lying to get yourself lynched in order to save your cult leader isn't going to work, though. Nobody is going to believe you.

roband wrote:Therefore, I think we need to lynch alternate vamps/wolves as to not give either one enough players to control the lynchings.
My order of lynches would be: Cycoden, Dark Loink, mister k, mpolo, BXM...
I don't agree with the order of your list. At all. Except for lynching cycoden first. At least we can agree on that. Of course, we don't have to hash it all out right now. But your failure to include ahippo on your list at all just got you added to my own list.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
ameretrifle
Vera
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 am UTC
Location: Canada (the flat bit)

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby ameretrifle » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 pm UTC

Votals:

3 cycoden (MasterofAll, Misnomer, mpolo)
1 Dark Loink (cycoden)
1 Misnomer (mister k)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

MasterOfAll wrote:
roband wrote:Therefore, I think we need to lynch alternate vamps/wolves as to not give either one enough players to control the lynchings.
My order of lynches would be: Cycoden, Dark Loink, mister k, mpolo, BXM...
I don't agree with the order of your list. At all. Except for lynching cycoden first. At least we can agree on that. Of course, we don't have to hash it all out right now. But your failure to include ahippo on your list at all just got you added to my own list.


Errr, I suppose I can see where you're coming from. To be honest, ahippo wasn't in my mind at all during that last post. Probably because he hasn't posted in a couple of days.

The order wasn't necessarily important. What is, is the fact that we go werewolf-vampire-wolf-vamp.. etc. to prevent either one taking control.
More than important, I would say it is VITAL to town's success.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:36 am UTC

Well, we're not sure if the vamps multiply (ahippo would be the test case there), and we are sure that the werewolves multiply. I think we need to take out at least the two known werewolves. Then we need to find out whether the vamps really multiply by getting ahippo. Alternatively, we could go for ahippo before we get mister k, but we risk mister k making another recruit (assuming he can do so, which is of course uncertain, as he hasn't been without his cult leader before this). Killing DarkLoink would not clear up the wine as to whether ahippo is a vampire, and he could easily withhold his kill to make it seem that he hasn't been converted. There may be some other possibilities, but it is imperative that we stop all cults from growing ASAP.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
MasterOfAll
Jack of No Trades
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm UTC
Location: C̶a̶l̶i̶f̶o̶r̶n̶i̶a̶ Beautiful

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Night 3: Listening to Fear

Postby MasterOfAll » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:14 am UTC

mpolo wrote:Well, we're not sure if the vamps multiply (ahippo would be the test case there) . . .
I'm not really sure where you all are getting the idea that ahippo might have been made into a vampire. Going back to the flavor in question . . .
Adacore wrote:Before Giles could respond, a scream was heard from the street. Rushing toward the sound, you find ahippo's body, a bloody wound in his neck.

The bell on the magic shop door still tinkling lightly, Giles leans down to inspect the corpse.

"Dead," Giles declared, turning away from the corpse, "the vampires are becoming incr-"

Suddenly a glowing energy surrounded ahippo's body. The wounds in his neck began to shrink and close. The energy faded away as ahippo coughed and stood up again to join the crowd.
So, yeah, ahippo was apparently attacked by a vampire and died but came back to life due to a 'glowing energy'. Now, maybe I am just misunderstanding, but that sounds like the work of magic and not the siring of a new vampire. Am I totally off base here?

So, I do think it is most likely that ahippo was telling the truth about one of his spells being responsible for his recovery from death. He is still on my list of possible werewolves, though.


Also, what happened to Brook? He is kinda holding this game up for no reason, it seems.
Kipper wrote:SERIOUSLY. Listen to MoA, he knows his stuff. . . High five MoA!
(not funny, but true)
ameretrifle wrote:MoA is an astute logician and is, in fact, directly related to Sherlock Holmes on his mother's side.
(ditto for this one)

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 am UTC

How am I holding up the game?
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:05 am UTC

I believe we were waiting on you to use your prophecy ability before lynching to make sure you got it off, or something like that. You mentioned earlier you were going to use it, on someone.

Anyways, since I'm not going to be around much for the rest of the weekend.
vote: cycoden
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
mister k
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mister k » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:59 am UTC

unvote
vote:DL
Elvish Pillager wrote:you're basically a daytime-miller: you always come up as guilty to scumdar.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby roband » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:27 am UTC

mister k, I think it's too late to be changing your vote to the next person on the list who's not in your cult.
Good on you for at least choosing someone we expect to be anti-town though..

User avatar
Adacore
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Adacore » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:39 am UTC

Votals:

4 cycoden (MasterofAll, Misnomer, mpolo, ElectricHaze)
2 Dark Loink (cycoden, mister k)

12 players, 7 to lynch.

User avatar
Dark Loink
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Upriver

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby Dark Loink » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

I haven't gotten a chance to post in the last few days, but sometime today expect something from me, I'm going to try to catch up. Sorry about that.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:57 pm UTC

@MoA: Maybe you're right. When I originally read the flavor, I thought that it was a spell (he had said he was going to try something that looked to be anti-werewolf…) and left it at that. Then the idea of a possible conversion to vampire came to mind, but I suppose that would have happened behind the scenes rather than all out in the open like it did.

In any case, the case against cycoden seems to be very airtight; Brook said he was going to look up Glory/Ben in the scrolls, and then we never heard anything from him. Or had he already done the look up for Day 4, so that the people who are waiting are waiting for an announcement that isn't coming until Day 5?
Image <-- Evil experiment

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby cycoden » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:18 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:In any case, the case against cycoden seems to be very airtight
Uhh. No. Its not.

mpolo wrote:Living Players (updated from roband):

1. ThinkSweet - claimed as Spike, Town
2. Dr Ug - claimed Riley, the chipster, Independent
3. mister k - leading discussion, no pings. -- copped as werewolf
4. mpolo - claimed as Faith, loser
5. Misnomer - Claims Ben/Glory
6. Brooklynxman - all but confirmed as Dawn, Town - very anti-cycoden (suspect werewolf)
7. Dark Loink - role unknown
8. vector/MasterOfAll - claimed as Angel, Town
9. Two-Fry ElectricHaze - claimed Anya, Town
10. ahippo - claimed Jonathan, now Town
11. cycoden - Claimed Oz, Werewolf claimed town
12. roband - me, claimed Giles, Town

By elimination, mister k is Xander, and was werewolfized, which means that Cycoden is in fact the head of the werewolf faction. Whether he's Oz or Veruca remains to be seen.
But assuming your assertion that Mr K is Xander is correct, I suspect that Mr K was probably recruited last night. Hence the sudden kurfuffle of him being rather keen to vote for me after just saving my life...

Misnomer wrote:
mister k wrote:ok, I think I need to claim. I'm veruca, a member of an opposing cult to cycoden's. Its been pretty hard for me to recruit throughout this game, with a number of protections and demons running around who couln't be converted. I did, however, manage to pick up ahippo. I was pretty happy with a cycoden lynch, but we investigated misnomer and found out he is still Glory. I am loathe to reveal myself, but we absolutely need to lynch misnomer before night, as I think he'll be able to WIN at that point.

unvote
vote:misnomer


Ahahaha... oh my, what do we have here? Are you seriously outing yourself and cycoden as cult leaders? And expecting us not to lynch either of you?

This "investigation" of yours - who's is it exactly? What's the flavour reasoning behind it existing? Why exactly do you think I will be able to win at night?

I reckon that despite your protestations to the contrary, you and cycoden are on the same side. And judging by this desperate attempt to spin the lynch away from him(?), cycoden's your cult leader, most likely with a non-hereditary recruit. So yeah, I think my vote will stay where it is for now. Thanks for outing yourself as anti-town though. :)
I don't think that this is what Mr K is doing. Mr K is thinking about protecting Veruca from the next lynch, after you discover that I was speaking the truth about my role.

Assuming Veruca started alone and recruited every night, cult will have five members after today's lynch. It will take six to lynch, unless the vampire(s) feel like assisting via a NK (if there are any non-chipped vampires left). Therefore, if I am lynched, the game will probably be at LYLO.

If you lynch me today, you'll probably only have one shot to get Veruca, which will require *every* non-cult player to correctly agree on who she is and vote for her. Which... probably won't happen, since if mpolo is actually telling the truth about his win condition, he'd rather the game was just over with.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby mpolo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm UTC

I don't see where a Veruca character fits into the constellation of players we have. I suppose that it's possible that we have some people identified wrong -- like maybe ElectricHaze could be Veruca and mister k Xander, but it's quite complicated there. (The other way around doesn't really work, unless EH had definite info that Anya isn't in the game, which is a big assumption to make.) It is much more convincing to me that
1) Xander was recruited rather early
2) He held his power to get a one-shot unlynchable for his cult leader
3) You are that cult leader

For another other constellation, we'd have:
1) Anya is left out, despite being a relatively central character
2) Veruca didn't get around to recruiting anybody until Night 3 (the short night)
3) mister k (Xander) knew that you were town for some reason and invoked his power [I don't see how mister k can NOT be Xander, unless Xander and Anya were lovers and the real Xander claimed to be Anya -- for reasons that escape me.]
4) After that he is recruited by Veruca and claims Veruca to take the heat off of… well, you actually. Nobody was suggesting that Veruca was some other player, so the claim only attempts to derail your lynch. (And say that you are more important than mister k in your faction.)

My vote stays.
Image <-- Evil experiment

cycoden
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:21 am UTC
Location: Melbourne

Re: [L] Buffy Mafia - Day 4: Dead Man's Party

Postby cycoden » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:I don't see where a Veruca character fits into the constellation of players we have. I suppose that it's possible that we have some people identified wrong -- like maybe ElectricHaze could be Veruca and mister k Xander, but it's quite complicated there. (The other way around doesn't really work, unless EH had definite info that Anya isn't in the game, which is a big assumption to make.)
Veruca is the only character that makes sense in terms of there being a werewolf cult.

As far as I recall, Oz never infected anyone.
mpolo wrote:For another other constellation, we'd have:
1) Anya is left out, despite being a relatively central character
What, and you think my role isn't a central character?
mpolo wrote:Veruca didn't get around to recruiting anybody until Night 3 (the short night)
This doesn't make sense. Whay would veruca have not recruited, and why would that prove your argument?

mpolo wrote:3) mister k (Xander) knew that you were town for some reason and invoked his power
Well, I had claimed Oz. Who is a character who is definetly in this game (as I am obviously aware), and as you pointed out before, is good (somewhat chaotic good, but definetly good).

mpolo wrote:4) After that he is recruited by Veruca and claims Veruca to take the heat off of… well, you actually. Nobody was suggesting that Veruca was some other player, so the claim only attempts to derail your lynch. (And say that you are more important than mister k in your faction.).
Except that his post is not remotely plausible at present, and we all know that. So therefore, it seems that he is *encouraging* my lynching.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Evil George Washington and 7 guests