Your last and next concert?

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Your last and next concert?

Postby aylalalalalala » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 pm UTC

i have changed my mind, my next concert is big day out, TOOL and DEFTONES hells yeah, and rammenstein and nick cave and other awesome acts but yeah, big day out... then soundwave
If you were a guitar... I'd pluck you
aylalalalalala

Postby Midnight » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:51 pm UTC

My last concert was ARCADE FIRE.

and my jesus god shitting ball fucking dick cockmongler. That shit was allahmazing. it was buddhaful. I found religion--many of them. I founded a religion called Win Butlerism.
Wake Up is the best encore song ever.

Next concert: WEEZER PLAYING PINKERTONNNNN
uhhhh fuck.
Midnight

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:54 am UTC

My last concert was CAKE. I don't know who I'd like to see next, or who I'd be able to see next, considering not many notable bands come to Alaska. I'd love to see Paramore, though.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby rheakith » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:39 am UTC

Last (2 actually) were both the Goo Goo Dolls. Once in Detroit and then my SO got free 2nd row tickets in Toledo, so I skipped class on wednesday and went. Both shows were really awesome, even if the openers weren't all that great.

Next will be either Iron and Wine if I can find someone with an extra ticket as I missed the free release, or Roger Waters touring the Wall on the 22nd. Which I'm totally pumped for. After that, maybe Jonsi in early November, need to see how much tickets are going to be.
rheakith

Postby jobriath » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:49 am UTC

Last was a pretty disappointing Erland and the Carnival. They're just not as good as I hoped they would be. Also, the Brudenell is actually a pretty shitty venue---at least, it attracts people who talk through the whole fucking thing and then fuck off as soon as it's call-for-encore time.

Next up: Warpaint. Don't know what I'm in for, but I liked their Exquisite Corpse EP.
jobriath

Postby Okita » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 am UTC

Just came back from the Gorillaz concert in Madison Square Garden, NYC.

It was very good. Spent too much on merch merch. But on the other hand, they not only played the Plastic Beach album (with appearance by Lou Reed, Mos Def, Bobby Womack, etc.) but played a lot of their older songs including Clint Eastwood (albeit instead of Del the Funky Homosapien, NERD rapped something else).

Lou Reed unfortunately had weird sound issues that made his song not as good.

Miho Hatori and Yukimi Nagano were awesome.

Next concert... probably whoever shows up at PAX East.
"I may or may not be a raptor. There is no way of knowing until entering a box that I happen to be in and then letting me sunder the delicious human flesh from your body in reptile fury."
Okita
Staying Alive

Postby KallistiEngel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:30 pm UTC

Last: Star Fucking Hipsters. One of the best damn shows I've gone to, period. And the venue was small enough that Stza and Nico stuck around a little after the show and chatted with fans. I got to shake Stza's hand and talk for a bit, and fist-pounded Nico. Some of my female friends were lucky enough to kiss her (jealous!).

Next:Either MC Chris w/ MC Lars and Schaffer the Darklord or Combichrist. Both shows will be in my town in November.
I'm addicted to bad ideas, and all the beauty in this world.
KallistiEngel

Postby minesweeper » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:32 am UTC

Last one was Peter Brotzmann's Full Blast trio, with Ken Vandermark guesting. Next one will be either The Haters or Jailbreak (Heather Leigh & Chris Corsano) depending on which one sells out first.
"Goldeneye has a better control method than any other game in history. And not just video games. The control method's better than cards." - from the old Edge Forums (bastardised)

"you know what's odd? fifteen." - found on Everything2
minesweeper

Postby novax6 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 pm UTC

Just saw Devin Townsend earlier this week, and it was amazing, definitely counted in my top shows of all time. He's probably one of the best metal frontmen I've seen, up there with Mikael Akerfeldt. Energetic, funny, and all around awesome.

Edit: And what do you know, someone posted a couple of videos of that show up on youtube.
novax6

Postby Microscopic cog » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 pm UTC

So much envy towards above poster.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

William Faulkner: Read it four times.
Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby Arisu » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:10 am UTC

Last one was Muse (plus some other bands, they were okay but not really amazing)

Going to see Roger Waters play "The Wall" in April, can't wait really :)
Arisu

Postby picnic_crossfire » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:36 am UTC

Last concert was T-Pain, next concert is Snoop Dogg. This is strange for me.
picnic time!
picnic_crossfire

Postby Troy Martin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:09 am UTC

Haven't been to any lately. Last concert was AC/DC in '08. Hoping to go to a Dream Theater concert next time they come out here to Vancouver.
Howdy.
Troy Martin

Postby rheakith » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:50 am UTC

But now they won't have Portnoy :( I saw their 3rd to last show with him over the summer. It was fantastic. His kit took up 2/3 of the stage and Myung didn't say a word the entire time, but played awesomely.

Last concert was a surprise to me (the girlfriend won tickets after planning on going already, so I skipped class and drove 2 hours to go on a Wednesday), but it was The Goo Goo Dolls, for the 2nd time in the last few months. I still didn't like the opening band, but they themselves were pretty good. Plus we were 2nd row, which is always cool.

Next, in approximately 15 hours, I will be seeing Roger Waters' tour of The Wall. I don't care that my nosebleed seats were $120 a piece, it should be an amazing show. Plus, being that high up will let me see more of the copious special effects that will be used.
rheakith

Postby xemotaco » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:34 pm UTC

Last concert was Big D and the Kids Table's Halloween show in Boston. Next will be Street Dogs and Flatfoot 56 in Boston too.
xemotaco

Postby KallistiEngel » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm UTC

Last: MC Chris, MC Lars (featuring YTCracker), and Schaffer the Darklord.

I think I was most impressed with Schaffer. He was pretty badass and I wasn't sure what to expect when he came out. I knew MC Chris would be good. I'd seen MC Lars a couple times a few years back, and I had enjoyed his shows then. Overall, fantastic show.

Next: Combichrist. Fuckin' stoked about that!
KallistiEngel

Postby Microscopic cog » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am UTC

Don't want to spoil anything but when I saw Combichrist, I wasn't too impressed.

Then again, I wasn't a fan either and hadn't listened to any of their music before the concert.
Spoiler:
Interviewer: Some people say they can’t understand your writing even after they read it two or three times. What approach would you suggest for them?

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby KallistiEngel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Yeah, I like industrial, so it should be a good time. I can manage to enjoy the show based on the crowd that'll be there even if the music doesn't end up being great.
KallistiEngel

Postby Microscopic cog » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm UTC

True you'll probably enjoy them a lot more. I saw them in a huge Arena, when the whole crowd was waiting for Rammstein to show up, so we weren't too excited about Combichrist.
Spoiler:

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby archeleus » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 am UTC

Last was the Mr. Big reunion concert (last year)

Next would be Iron Maiden (next year).
I write a blog rant here.
archeleus

Postby KallistiEngel » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:24 am UTC

Microscopic cog wrote:True you'll probably enjoy them a lot more. I saw them in a huge Arena, when the whole crowd was waiting for Rammstein to show up, so we weren't too excited about Combichrist.

Ah yeah. This is a small venue. Bar with a dancefloor and enough space for maybe 200 people max. And they've managed to pull in a lot of bigger acts this year, which I'm very happy about (Star Fucking Hipsters, Freezepop, MC Chris, Lords of Acid with My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, and now Combichrist). I really can't wait to see what the next year has in store....
KallistiEngel

Postby Microscopic cog » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:47 pm UTC

Niiice. Sounds like it's going to be pretty damn awesome. I really should keep an eye out more for bands performing in my local area because I miss so many of them just by not paying attention.
Spoiler:

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby cba » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 pm UTC

saw a little band called Gin Panic in london recently and I'm seeing paramore in aberdeen in just over a week :)
For the first time ever! flatland in a mind-boggling 3D!
import antigravity
cba

Postby Adacore » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:17 pm UTC

Been a while since I posted here.

Last was Paramore, then before that a local band called The Righteous and the Wicked, then before that MGMT. The Paramore gig, in particular, was pretty awesome (at least in part because it was preceded by an XKCD fora meetup).

Next up is Jimmy Eat World, in a week and a day.
Adacore

Postby J the Ninja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 am UTC

I'm going to see Epica in 2 weeks and 2 days! YEAHHHH!!!!!!

Tragically, I have to go by myself. Couldn't sell anyone I know on going. :(
J the Ninja

Postby Cinead » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 am UTC

Blimey, been a while since I was last at a gig. I think Simple Minds? Which was alright, but not as amazing as I was hoping really.

My next one will be tricky. It could be U2 next week, but if I'm gonna be watching it or working at the stadium it's in, I don't quite know yet. Either way, I have Gorillaz right before Christmas, and oh good golly am I getting excited for that.
Cinead

Postby Canadian_F_H » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:17 pm UTC

last month i saw Black Label Society, and Clutch in Houston Texas. also saw 2 concerts with CROWBAR! (played 3 times in one month in their home state of Louisiana) can't recall the order, i'm fuzzy on this time stuff...

next concert? idk. not sure what's goin on around here, been too damned busy with school...
Canadian_F_H

Postby KallistiEngel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:03 am UTC

I was hoping that the Star Fucking Hipsters/Morning Glory show at the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn Sunday night would be my most recent concert, but alas, I wasn't able to due to the bus schedules not working with my work schedule (I'm 5 hours away, and it wouldn't have worked even skipping 1 day of work). So as it stands, it may look something like this:

Last: Combichrist, Aesthetic Perfection, and iVardensphere here in my hometown earlier this month. It was a killer show by the way!
Next: Streetlight Manifesto at Water Street Music Hall in Rochester, NY in February. Unless something good comes up before then. And knowing how well one of the local venues has been doing in recent months, that's entirely possible.
KallistiEngel

Postby Microscopic cog » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 pm UTC

Devin Townsend. Fuck yeah, fuck yeah, fuck yeah.
Spoiler:

Microscopic cog
in his catastrophic plan

Postby iwanttobelieve » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:40 pm UTC

Last: Sufjan Stevens. It was alright.

Next: One of David Bazan's Seattle house shows (probably). These are the greatest live music you'll ever hear. Caught one back in February and have been dying to attend another since.
iwanttobelieve

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:15 am UTC

Canadian_F_H wrote:last month i saw Black Label Society, and Clutch in Houston Texas. also saw 2 concerts with CROWBAR! (played 3 times in one month in their home state of Louisiana) can't recall the order, i'm fuzzy on this time stuff...

I hate you. Now and forever. Grr.

Last night: John Evans Band, followed by Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans. While their CDs did not wow me (and I have been a Corb Lund fan since back when he was with The Smalls) that was one of the most amazing live shows I have ever seen. Rye Whiskey was almost twelve minutes long, with a pretty sweet version of Folsom Prison Blues jammed into the middle, featuring both bands.
Mighty Jalapeno
What does the FOX say?

Postby Herra Monologi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:24 pm UTC

Yesterday I went to see Iida Umpikuja. It's acoustic indie pop duo, Iida plays guitar and sings and Mikko plays melodica. It was like three bottles of Hungarian red wine drinked in three seconds. Ouch. It's pretty much like that "Who organized all my ex-girlfriends into a choir, and got them to sing?"-feeling every time. It's just amazing.

Tonight I have been invited to some club to see some band I have never heard of. Yeah.
Herra Monologi

Postby 1337geek » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 am UTC

Last: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Next: Blind Guardian
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig
1337geek

Postby Herra Monologi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 pm UTC

I heard that J.K Ihalainen was in the town so I changed my plans and went to see. Ihalainen is the fiercest poetry/musical/literature artist in Finland, you could compare him to William S. Burroughs if you want (actually they have worked together). Unfortunatly I missed his gig but fortunatly saw interesting fenno-india-hybrid band. Also fortunatly bar-tour afterward with Ihalainen was great.

Next: Magenta Skycode (I hope)
Herra Monologi

Postby Jengajam2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:14 pm UTC

The only concert I've been to is "Roger Water's The Wall Live" in October. It was a very great concert, though Roger's voice is starting is starting to fail. I do not know if I will see another concert :) .
Jengajam2

Postby 1337geek » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:32 pm UTC

Just saw Blind Guardian last night. Two words: NONSTOP AWESOME! Combined with the two opening acts (Seven Kingdoms and Holy Grail) it was over 3 hours. Small venue, so I had a great view. Incredible audience, too. Did I mention it was only $20? Couldn't ask for a better show!

Next up is Celtic Woman in March.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig
1337geek

Postby Mr.Smith » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:09 am UTC

Last: Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace (3DG was ehh)

Next: Avenged Sevenfold, Hollywood Undead, Stone Sour, and New Medicine.

I'm so pumped.
Mr.Smith

Postby Lime » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:37 am UTC

I saw some bands from around my province, Audio/Rocketry, Fire Next Time and Organized Sports. They needed a place to play because they got double booked, so I let em play in my living room. Best night EVER! I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was to be shouting folk tunes with the crowd and listening in awe to the beautiful lyrics in the comfort of my own home. Plus the guitarist from Fire Next Time is really good, he's the best country punk rock guitarist I've ever heard, although I guess that's not too big a contest. And I'm glad we didn't get the cops called on us when we had Organized Sports playing. I totally expected the neighbors to call them, I mean, grindcore isn't the most pleasant sound for some people.

My next show I'm going to is one that my band (we don't have recordings, haha) is opening for. I don't know the lineup yet, but its probably some localish punk bands.
Lime

Postby KallistiEngel » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 am UTC

Last: Streetlight Manifesto. Just got back home from seeing them. It was possibly the best show I've ever been to. They knew how to get the crowd going, you could tell they loved what they were doing, they had their levels such that you could hear them clearly over the crowd singing along (and the crowd did sing along on every song) without being hard on your eardrums, there was witty banter, there was improvisation, and it was just overall phenomenal. There was a mosh pit*, but when anyone fell, they were immediately helped back to their feet and if people wanted to get out of the mosh pit, people helped them get out. The band's energy was amazing and the crowd was amazingly friendly.

By the end of it I was drenched with sweat, maybe 10% of it mine; Every muscle in my body was sore; and I could barely breathe....but I've never felt more alive.

*Actually, it's hard to call it a mosh pit when there's hundreds of people pressed super close up against one another moving wildly. It was more just a massive blob of people and when the blob moved you, there was no arguing with it. I've been in many a mosh pit, but never one like that.

Next: Flogging Molly, probably. They're playing on the 24th and I might just be too "sick" to go into work that day. I saw them last year and they were fantastic, I'd love to see them again.
KallistiEngel

Postby archeleus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 pm UTC

Next: Bob Dylan. April sometime. Looking forward to it.
I write a blog rant here.
archeleus

PreviousNext

Return to Music