War. War never changes...
The year is 2092. Mankind has advanced significantly in the past century. Through genetic manipulation, scientists have designed better and better humans, unlocking potentials never before seen in the human mind and body. The genetic secrets of extrasensory perception (ESP) were unlocked, allowing man to perform such feats as seeing the future, reading minds, and moving objects with one’s mind. Technology advanced significantly as well, with mechanical bio-ware organs able to be implanted into the body, extending the human lifespan past 150 years, for those wealthy enough to afford it! Additionally, cloning and the ability to store, alter and implant memories, as well as the technology to advance the age of a clone, allow one to “replace” their passed loved ones - again, at a price.
Though there are only a few thousand mages in the world, their services are highly valued by the military, and they often receive exorbitantly large salaries for their assistance. Because of the damage a rogue mage could cause, “anti-mages”, people with the power to negate other’s magic abilities, became very important as well.
Terrunci Associates, the largest mili-mage contracting firm in the world, keeps a staff of 50 mages and 50 anti-mages in cryo-stasis, waking them when necessary. They are always kept in pairs in stasis, as even though they are frozen, their brains still remain active, and pairing the mages with the anti-mages allows Terrunci to keep their abilities from manifesting in stasis.
You were all employees of Terrunci, sent on a mission. That much you can remember. Then, something happened. Just what, you don’t know. As soon as you arrived, everyone in the squad felt as though their recent memories had been wiped away - not sure what to do, your squad’s Scanner Specialist determined that it was likely caused by a strong magic force in the area. Unable to pinpoint its location, it was decided that the rogue mage was within the squad. The only way to solve this would be through a series of democratic military executions - known hundreds of years ago as a “lynch-mob”.
This is a somewhat standard, somewhat non-standard game of Mafia. It is standard in that everyone has abilities and alignments, and you carry out a lynch vote to get rid of your opponents. It is non-standard in a few unique ways: There are a few abilities that work in ways that you likely have never seen before, and there are a few new roles and rules.
This is also a MOSTLY-CLOSED setup, and will contain Silknor-type-3 bastardry, in that the game setup may not be immediately apparent to you. However, everyone’s role PM is more or less honest - none contain any blatant lies.
The rules are as follows: (These are non-standard rules, so they are not spoilered)
1. There is no “majority-lynch” or “hammer” - each day runs until the deadline, when the player with the most votes on them will be lynched (in the event of a tie, one is chosen randomly from those tied for the most votes – “no lynch” is not permitted).
2. There is no night. All actions take place during the day. All groups with private communication are able to communicate at any time - but must copy me on all PMs.
3. You may not read spoilers, even if dead, unless I say so.
4. No information is revealed about the dead in the morning flavor.
5. LYLO and MYLO will be announced honestly and correctly.
6. There is one town faction, and at least one non-town faction. Starting numbers are unknown.
6a. The town faction’s win condition is to eliminate all non-town factions.
6b. Any non-town faction’s win condition is to make a town win impossible.
7. This is thread "ALPHA". You may only read and post in this thread if you have been informed that you are in thread ALPHA.
8. If you have been assigned to this thread, you may NOT read or post in THREAD BETA. Everyone in that thread is dead.
9. These rules are subject to change.
6. Elvish Pillager
10. Dr Ug
6. Elvish Pillager
10. Dr Ug