Fallout: New Vegas : It's Anti-Materiel. Not Material.

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: Fallout: New Vegas : It's Anti-Materiel. Not Material.

Postby EdgarJPublius » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:51 am UTC

SummerGlauFan wrote:I... I honestly don't know why you guys have so many crashes. I haven't had worse than a framerate drop here and there, and my computer is more than a year old.

Different hardware and software configurations create different computing environments. Crashes can be caused by any number of interactions between a given piece of software and the unique aspects of the machine running it.
Following best programming practices and using decent quality control should ensure that a program can run well with a degree of independence from the computing environment it's running in.

Even broken software can sometimes seem to be working alright on the right machine.
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

-still unaware of the origin and meaning of his own user-title
EdgarJPublius
Official Propagandi.... Nifty Poster Guy

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:54 pm UTC

I've also experimented and found that if companions are actively following, you're more likely to crash. Pathing issues, maybe?
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Yakk » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:26 am UTC

Edgar, it isn't just different environments -- it is also broken environments.

A driver set could easily engage in undefined behavior. People writing applications that run on it can, with lots of paranoia, notice the bug, and work around it.

The degree to which "stable" applications do this is sort of disturbing. As an example, windows fonts are hacked to hell and gone -- there is a huge "fudge table" that takes fundamentally broken fonts and makes them less broken in the windows font subsystem. (I know this, because I worked on a product that bypassed the windows font subsystem and went strait at the raw font data, and we had to build our own fudge tables and/or fudge algorithms to deal with fundamentally broken fonts).

Similarly, you'll have a video driver that won't quite follow specs in one particular case. So you check for that particular driver/hardware, and disable that particular feature use in that particular case.

Of course, there is also writing software that works to the degree that it doesn't not work -- and that kind of code runs into problems as you add more environments.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:47 am UTC

Dag yo, Caravan is broken. I went through my first playthrough without gambling at all and did pretty good, but on my second play through I started playing Caravan, and I have more caps now, before I've even reached the gates of New Vegas, than I had at the end of my first playthrough, and I've only played a couple of games with two or three people.
Why even bother with barter or carrying vendor trash around when you can just roll up with a deck of cards and take virtually every merchant for everything they're worth?
Roosevelt wrote:
I wrote:Does Space Teddy Roosevelt wrestle Space Bears and fight the Space Spanish-American War with his band of Space-volunteers the Space Rough Riders?

Yes.

EdgarJPublius

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 pm UTC

How is your Luck? Was it Fallout 2 that had Reno? I remember playing through that with a Luck of 10 and just holding down the key to place bets, winning about 95% of the time and making a shit ton of money.
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(cis male/he/him/his)
gmalivuk
A debonaire peeing style

Postby Naurgul » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:59 pm UTC

Yes, Fallout 2. It was too colourful to be from Fallout 1 anyway.
Praised be the nightmare, which reveals to us that we have the power to create hell.
Naurgul

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:24 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:How is your Luck? Was it Fallout 2 that had Reno? I remember playing through that with a Luck of 10 and just holding down the key to place bets, winning about 95% of the time and making a shit ton of money.

I've only played caravan so far, I don't think that has much to to with luck, even so my Luck is only 4
Roosevelt wrote:

Yes.

EdgarJPublius

Postby Chen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:24 pm UTC

Stack your caravan deck with 10, 9, 8, 7s and Kings and you're probably going to always beat the computer. Even the default deck going from 6 though king will almost always let you win. The computer just doesn't play well. Use your kings to make them go over or just discard at the start until you have a hand full of 10, 9s and 8s with a king or two.
Chen

Postby Jessica » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 pm UTC

So... I'm nearing the end of the game. The only quests I have left are end game quests, and while there are lots of places left to go, most of them are blanks, or practically pointless... at least that's been my experience of searching the wastes before.

It's strange, because I'm so close to the end of the game, I have no desire to complete it.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Vapour » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:29 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:It's strange, because I'm so close to the end of the game, I have no desire to complete it.

This exact thing has happened to me.

I couldn't stay away from it to start off with, now I haven't touched it in a while. :?
Vapour

Postby Jessica » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 pm UTC

I'll probably force myself to pick a side (something I don't want to do...) and complete it.
Then complete it for the other side.

I don't want to screw the NCR. Their heart's in the right place, they're just bogged down in government problems.

But, yes-man seems to be... not the greatest either. Neither is house... though I haven't even talked to him yet.

Then, maybe, start again evil and side with Caesar. But probably not.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby Chfan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:41 am UTC

Supposedly Yes Man gives the best ending for most people. Except the Followers. They get screwed no matter what happens.
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.
Chfan

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:57 am UTC

WMG: Maybe there originally was a followers ending, but it's been cut?
I now occasionally update my rarely-updated blog.

I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.
You, sir, name?

Postby Chen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:WMG: Maybe there originally was a followers ending, but it's been cut?

Apparently there's a bug that prevents their "good" ending from occurring. Not sure on the details if it has to do with a dialogue option not showing up or if its just an endgame thing, but I do recall reading about it in general.
Chen

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:36 am UTC

Yeah, according to the Wiki things *should* turn out well for them if you support the NCR and convince the Followers to do the same, but that's bugged.
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(cis male/he/him/his)
gmalivuk
A debonaire peeing style

Postby SummerGlauFan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:I'll probably force myself to pick a side (something I don't want to do...) and complete it.
Then complete it for the other side.

I don't want to screw the NCR. Their heart's in the right place, they're just bogged down in government problems.

But, yes-man seems to be... not the greatest either. Neither is house... though I haven't even talked to him yet.

Then, maybe, start again evil and side with Caesar. But probably not.

I actually rather like House. In fact, atm I am debating on whether or not to pick NCR or House as my endgame.

Spoilering a couple of juicy tidbits about House
Spoiler:
1. He's probably the best bet for the future of humanity as a whole, I think. He's all about continuing technological development, and has been a rather successful peacekeeper. He's also got a space program in the works.

2. It's actually possible to do his end-game and still get the NCR in a very good position. You need a pretty high speech skill as I understand, but a high standing with NCR as well helps things.

The only thing I really don't like is that, as far as I know, you have to screw over the Brotherhood to complete House's story. At least the NCR has the option on negotiating with the Brotherhood, and even the Enclave!
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.
SummerGlauFan

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm UTC

House Ending!
Spoiler:
Yeah, if there was a way of keeping the Brotherhood alive, and if the Follower's ending wasn't bugged, then I really wouldn't have a problem with House's ending. I mean, even if it was a fakeout removal, sorta like the Khans - the Brotherhood agrees to get the hell out of the Mojave and leaves you with the keys to blow their bunker, or whatever... I'd feel better about it.

As is, especially after doing their quests and whatnot.. they're not bad people, just misguided. I also wish there was an ending that turned the Brotherhood into something like what Elder Lyons was doing... and without making Veronica the Elder. Just because I think that'd be a cop-out. Do something that makes them realize that perhaps the outside world has something to offer and maybe they can use their tech to protect and so on, kinda like.. oh, I don't know..a brain-damaged courier coming out of nowhere and solving a fuckton of their problems giving them a nudge kinda thing.

Because.. c'mon.. you took a shot to the head. You've got brain damage, even with a 10 INT.
"When Archie is too progressive for you, that's how science identifies you as an earlier species" - Luke McKinney, Cracked.com

Honestly, if you're talking BBQ and 'a guy in a parking lot' isn't part of the conversation, something's wrong."
SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby EdgarJPublius » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:59 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Yeah, according to the Wiki things *should* turn out well for them if you support the NCR and convince the Followers to do the same, but that's bugged.

These two are suppose to fix that, making the proper dialogue option available for getting a good ending for the followers. Not sure if there's a difference between the two so I'll go ahead and link both
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=38164
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=37311
Roosevelt wrote:

Yes.

EdgarJPublius

Postby The Utilitarian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:08 am UTC

I picked NCR purely because I couldn't go against the Brotherhood. They've always been my favorite Fallout folks. For some reason the opening cinematic for Fallout BOS is stuck in my head forever. "If you LOSE your weapon OR your armor I will PERSONALLY kill you! Oh, and one more thing. Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel."

Also, am I the only one who remembers that Tesla armor never used to be a power armor variant but was actually a metal armor variant?
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon.
Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris.
The Utilitarian

Postby psion » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 am UTC

psion

Postby SummerGlauFan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 am UTC

That is the scariest freaking thing I have ever seen in a computer game.

It's like Silent Hill meets Fallout.
glasnt wrote:"As she raised her rifle against the creature, her hair fluttered beneath the red florescent lighting of the locked down building.

I knew from that moment that she was something special"

Outbreak, a tale of love and zombies.

In stores now.
SummerGlauFan

Postby balderduck » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:34 pm UTC

Finally finished the game

Went with Yes-man in the end...

WHAT A GAME!

It's been a long time since I had been so immersed in a game...

It's a true fallout experience, much more than F3. And FINALLY a mature story, full of intrigue and shades of gray...not another one of these "You are the chosen one, a demon has awakened and you have to defend the world from its' thousands of minions"

Only disappointment was when I met caesar ...
Spoiler:
He seemed to be voiced by Rodney Dangerfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FPv2toi5og
"Luther...I think I've contracted left-handedness..."
- Mister Sloordge, Balderduck
balderduck

Postby Jessica » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 pm UTC

I also recently completed fallout NV. We'll see if I give it another go through. While it was a great game, and I really enjoyed it, having to deal with the bugs is annoying. Wild wasteland was a little bit of a let down. The difference between the different factions doesn't seem to be much - the game would be mostly the same, but for probably going evil instead of good. Went with yes man, and I'm quite happy with the anarchistic ending. Might reload and complete for house.

But, I had fun.
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm UTC

Okay... For everyone who's seen House's demonstration - do this on your new playthrough.
Spoiler:
When you first get to the Strip, save your game as your baseline, in case you don't want to work for Yes-Man. Ignore House, go see Benny, Kill Benny, get the chip. Go see House. When you reach the Penthouse floor, completely ignore House and go kill him. Go talk to Yes-Man and have him hit the Lucky 38. He'll take the Platinum chip and upgrade the Securitrons.

I enjoy Yes-Man's demonstration way the hell more than House's. It's the same basic information, just the Dave Foley "Fawning Toady who thinks you're an idiot but is incapable of disagreeing" delivery versus the Rene Auberjonois "I'm completely perfect and right and awesome" delivery.

That said, if you haven't actually played the game and know nothing about House, this line in my spoiler
Spoiler:
completely ignore House and go kill him.
will make abso-fucking-no sense

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Chen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm UTC

After having played through again somewhat using energy weapons it seems aside from the gauss rifle (and Pew Pew), most of the guns are just plain better than the energy weapons. Especially on hardcore where all the energy weapon ammo weighs a damn ton. I feel the game also gets far too easy too quickly once you get some good weapons. The only really dangerous encounters were either animals (Cazidors or Deathclaws) or the one right inside Caesar's tent. Even on very hard, not much else seems to stand much of a chance against you. I may wait on some extra mods (like FOOK) to be released before I try another playthrough. One thing I might consider is downloading one of the mods that lets you buy armored "vests" that don't show up on your character. Its a little annoying at how many cool pieces of gear there are (not even including mods) but which are all pointless to wear because they have no DT. I also find the power armor in the game to be pretty damn ugly (except maybe the remnents ones).
Chen

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 pm UTC

You may want to look into the Tailor Made mods. Those break up most armors into groups of stuff (usually something like bodypiece, shoulders, belt, boots, gloves). Main issue I have is that it just dumps everything into a box rather than assigning stuff to people (and randomly to enemy mobs) so you can build some fairly overpowered outfits really early, so long as you don't mind looking like an idiot.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Chen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:You may want to look into the Tailor Made mods. Those break up most armors into groups of stuff (usually something like bodypiece, shoulders, belt, boots, gloves). Main issue I have is that it just dumps everything into a box rather than assigning stuff to people (and randomly to enemy mobs) so you can build some fairly overpowered outfits really early, so long as you don't mind looking like an idiot.

Yeah I saw that mod but the box thing was what put me off on it. If I want to just GIVE myself good looking armor its not that difficult to do (like opening the GECK and putting a DT of 30 on Benny's suit or something).

I did see an interesting mod called Reload on the New Vegas nexus site. Seems to change all the weapons/ammo with an option to make things more deadly and it seems to put the weapons on enemies and in shops. Might be something to try for my next run.
Chen

Postby halbarad » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:10 pm UTC

So I picked this up on a deal today for PC and wondering if anyone else knows how to stop Steam updating the game whenever I try to play it. I've had issues with previous games and Steams update system (Empire Total War had major bugs in early patches).

I've tried telling Steam not to update the game but it doesn't care and updates it anyway. More of an annoyance than anything else really but I'd still like to know for future games and if I start modding it.
halbarad

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:16 pm UTC

Pretty sure you will want it patched, though, in case they've fixed some of the earlier really annoying glitches.

(cis male/he/him/his)
gmalivuk
A debonaire peeing style

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:46 pm UTC

And fixed a few quests that weren't working correctly and so on. Go ahead and patch it.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:46 pm UTC

Oh man I finally got around to doing a quest that takes me to the fort for the first time (for me). I was so confused as to how to get there... The dock that has that ladder thing you click to take you there I didn't notice. Since I'm villified by the legion I thought maybe I killed a npc that would take me there so I wandered the coasts fighting lakelurks and deathclaws (argh) only to find my mistake an hour later. At least I got a neat unique revolver out of a lakelurk infested cave!

Also, for some reason ED-E seems to be glitched at 50 max HP, so I have to use Rex. Which isn't terrible, but ED-E is amazing D:
broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby CombustibleLemons » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 am UTC

anyone know how to finish rauls quest? i've talked tothe three people but can't get him to talk to me about ranger andy
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.
CombustibleLemons

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:46 am UTC

Amishdemon wrote:anyone know how to finish rauls quest? i've talked tothe three people but can't get him to talk to me about ranger andy

Did Ranger Andy teach you the move *before* you met Raul? If so, Raul's bugged and may not respond correctly.

If Ranger Andy hasn't taught you anything, do his quest and get him to teach you the move.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby Beardhammer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:54 am UTC

EdgarJPublius wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Yeah, according to the Wiki things *should* turn out well for them if you support the NCR and convince the Followers to do the same, but that's bugged.

These two are suppose to fix that, making the proper dialogue option available for getting a good ending for the followers. Not sure if there's a difference between the two so I'll go ahead and link both

What would Bethesda games do without the Nexus sites?

Melt down from the sheer amount of bugs, probably. Bethesda should pay the Nexus sites a freakin stipend or something.
Beardhammer

Postby CombustibleLemons » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Amishdemon wrote:anyone know how to finish rauls quest? i've talked tothe three people but can't get him to talk to me about ranger andy

Did Ranger Andy teach you the move *before* you met Raul? If so, Raul's bugged and may not respond correctly.

If Ranger Andy hasn't taught you anything, do his quest and get him to teach you the move.

I don't think he taught me the move before i met Raul.

oh also anyone know of any mods that add more random encounters to the game?
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.
CombustibleLemons

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:38 pm UTC

Maybe I should clarify more - I think Raul has to be with you when Andy teaches you the move.

If you've got it on a Console.... I'm sorry, you're basically fucked. If you've got it on PC...
Spoiler:
pc If you have already learned the Ranger Takedown technique from Ranger Andy in Novac without Raul present, you can correct this by using the console and typing the following exactly: set "000e61a5".MetRangerAndy to 1 This *must* be done in an indoor area. Transition to an outdoor area and Raul should initiate conversation. If that console command doesn't do the trick, try set "000e61a5".MetRangerAndy to 2 and pick his dialogue option about Ranger Andy.

Worth a try if nothing else is working with the Ranger Andy/Raul interaction. If you have already completed all dialogue options with Ranger Andy, open the console command and target Ranger Andy prid 0008f0b8. You can reset all his dialogue options by entering rdf. Once you've done this, close the console and speak to Ranger Andy. He will now talk to you as if you'd never met, allowing you to trigger the Raul interaction, once you walk outside, if he is in your party.
Also, if you are not able to access Raul's story after speaking with Corporal Sterling, you can input a similar console command: set "000e61a5".MetCorporalSterling to 1. Again, if the previous console command doesn't help you can try set "000e61a5".MetCorporalSterling to 2 and select the dialogue line about Sterling.
And, lastly, if Raul is making problems about not giving you the dialogue after meeting Loyal, you can of course use the console to fix that as well... set "000e61a5".MetLoyal to 1 will open the 'spontaneous' dialogue, set "000e61a5".MetLoyal to 2 will give you the ability to talk to him - 'you wanted to say something about Loyal...'

Sometimes after speaking with the last NPC (Ranger Andy, Loyal or Corporal Sterling) Raul won't finish his dialog and allow you to choose between the full maintenance perk or the Old Vaquero perk. Simply quitting the game and restoring to an earlier save & repeating the dialog with the NPC should fix the problem.
It simply boggles my mind that this bug wasn't caught earlier, as by playing the game by following the clues, you may not even meet Raul, while Ranger Andy is on the way to New Vegas, pretty much meaning that you're likely to stop, have a chat, do his thing, and learn the new move long long long before you even think about approaching Black Mountain.

*edit* Hell, apparently the 1.02 patch killed the quest completely, so if you aren't running the latest, upgrade to 1.03 and maybe that'll help.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby EdgarJPublius » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 pm UTC

Beardhammer wrote:
EdgarJPublius wrote:

What would Bethesda games do without the Nexus sites?

Melt down from the sheer amount of bugs, probably. Bethesda should pay the Nexus sites a freakin stipend or something.

Apparently the latest patch actually fixes this issue.

nearly a year after release...

Apparently it also makes the NPC's better at caravan, I haven't checked that though
Roosevelt wrote:

Yes.

EdgarJPublius

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 am UTC

Old World Blues

It's a little tale about SCIENCE! A brave band of SCIENTISTS face off against a MAD SCIENTIST named DR. MOBIUS using YOU as their pawn! SNEAK around the Lobotomites! FEAR the dreaded Roboscorpions of DR. MOBIUS! MARVEL at the technological wonders of THE SINK! TRACK your own brain down after it was STOLEN! WONDER why the hell they removed your SPINE and HEART! HEY! GUYS! I was using THAT!

(I don't really count it as a spoiler as you learn in the first few minutes of the DLC that your brain, spine, and heart have been removed and replaced with SCIENCE parts. Given the perks they give you, I.. honestly don't know why you would want any of them back.)

Of the three so far, Honest Hearts was kinda disappointing to me overall. I'm not sure why.. the whole thing felt rushed and like I was reading through a storyboard the head writer was giving to the underlings. "Here's the gist - fill in the blanks, people!" and then they forgot to fill in the blanks. Dead Money I dug a lot because it was a neat little Survival Horror thing in the New Vegas universe.

Old World Blues is a hardcore scenery chewing B quality Sci-Fi film. The head of the Scientists you're essentially working for uses a giant booming voice that emphasises nouns and verbs, and one of the others is voiced by the same guy who voices J. Jonas Venture of the Venture Brothers. It's fricken awesome. Oh, and if you're running with Wacky Wasteland, there's actually some Wacky Wasteland bits in the DLC, something I haven't seen before.

The size of the world is a bit smaller than Honest Hearts, but as most of Honest Hearts felt like big stretches of boring, uninteresting land between the important bits, and this feels like the bits in between are actually interesting, it ... well, it doesn't feel larger, but it does feel more coherent and put together better. While I had to Fast Travel in Honest Hearts in order to play the DLC in less than 40 hours, and while there is fast travel in The Big Empty, it's not really necessary as you can run from one end to the other in less than 20 minutes. It's probably a bit larger than Dead Money, but most of Dead Money was interior anyway, so there's that. Still, while Dead Money was a Survival Horror Ensemble Bank Heist and Honest Hearts was a... kinda strange Revenge and Redemption story (With REAL religion!) this is a hilarious B Movie. Did I laugh out loud? No. Did I grin like an idiot and snort to myself a couple of times? Yeah, I did. Particularly with some of the announcements in a simulation.

Is it hard? Well, I beat the main story bit in a couple of hours, realized I should have finished everything up first and then went to do that in another few hours, so all told you're looking at maybe 10 hours of play in this thing, plus or minus three hours depending on a number of factors and so on. The Roboscorpions are bloody little bastards - outside of the weapons I found in there (keep in mind that I'm no Melee fighter, but I am an Unarmed one as well as Energy Weapons and Guns) - I used an Anti-Materiel rifle on pretty much everything but the Roboscorpions, and those I used either some energy weapons I found in the DLC or.. a ballistic fist. I still couldn't find a weapon that would one-shot them consistently. Even using Armor Piercing rounds in my Anti-Materiel rifle, shooting the Roboscorpions just seemed to piss them off.

... (Spoiler about content you may not even find in your playthrough)
Spoiler:
Oh, and there's a Legendary Bloatfly in there that will fuck you up if you aren't prepared, and will probably fuck you up even if you are. Unless you exploit the AI of the game, like I did.

Worth $10? If you thought Dead Money was worth it, then yes. If you felt ripped off by it, you may want to wait for a sale or something, but I'd recommend this one before the other two. Thing's trying to be funny, and succeeds several times. And if nothing else, for trying to be funny they deserve a prop or two.

Do...do the kids still give the props to people?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby eculc » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:48 am UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Finally made my way to the quarry with all the deathclaws. Level 24 + sniper rifle + AP ammo = a lot of dead deathclaws having no idea what just hit them. I think mama deathclaw took 2 or 3 shots. Alpha male took a few more. I did feel kind of bad slaughtering the baby deathclaws, though.

Just a few days ago, I managed to use my tagged sneak + all my points at lvl 2+3 into it, plus a lucky appearance in the general store at goodsprings to get past it to vegas without attracting a horde of deathclaws. well, I did attract one at the end. as soon as I saw one, I stealthboyed and snuck along the opposite side of the pathway all the way to that little train station before one saw me. but I was able to get it to beat up on a group of fiends long enough for me to get away. :mrgreen:
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby MisterCheif » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:06 pm UTC

eculc wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Finally made my way to the quarry with all the deathclaws. Level 24 + sniper rifle + AP ammo = a lot of dead deathclaws having no idea what just hit them. I think mama deathclaw took 2 or 3 shots. Alpha male took a few more. I did feel kind of bad slaughtering the baby deathclaws, though.

Just a few days ago, I managed to use my tagged sneak + all my points at lvl 2+3 into it, plus a lucky appearance in the general store at goodsprings to get past it to vegas without attracting a horde of deathclaws. well, I did attract one at the end. as soon as I saw one, I stealthboyed and snuck along the opposite side of the pathway all the way to that little train station before one saw me. but I was able to get it to beat up on a group of fiends long enough for me to get away. :mrgreen:

It's not actually all to difficult to make it to new vegas quickly, say for an INT implant at lvl 1. I tend to start out, grab the Goodsprings snow globe, and then head on the road out of Goodsprings. I skirt the edges of the road north until a reach sloan, to avoid any possibly hostile powder gangers or coyotes. Just past Sloan I get into the rocks along the right side of the road and stay up there until I reach a shack up on the rocks, pretty much directly across from a steam shovel at the quarry entrance. I then grab any loot in that shack, and head northeast toward Neil's shack and Black Mountain, and after reaching that shack, I follow the ridge it is on until I can go no further. I then just hop down to the right onto the path to black mountain, and then I head up the trapped side path with a dead NCR trooper at the bottom. From then on, it's pretty much home free as long as you stick to the eastern side of the city, and find some places such as Durable Dunn's Sacked Caravan to get loot to sell so you can get into the strip.

I tend to start out all my characters that way, because I never play a low intelligence character.
I can haz people?
lulzfish wrote:Exactly. Playing God is a good, old-fashioned American tradition. And you wouldn't want to ruin tradition. Unless you hate America. And that would make you a Communist.
MisterCheif

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming