[M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Game Over! Town Wins!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 pm UTC

Deadline Saturday afternoon (Eastern Time)

16 Players alive, 9 to lynch.
Votals:
ForAllOfThis(1): BoomFrog


There is a Magic Missile following BoomFrog!
There is a Magic Missile following RoadieRich!
There is a Magic Missile following Van!
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Lataro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:06 am UTC

Okay, the silence has gone on long enough. With everyone lurking, it looks like we won't have much in the way of new info.

Assuming RR, Llam, and BN are all going to be dead as previously indicated, the only two names I'm really looking at here are Misnomer and FAOT.

Between those two choices, I'm leaning far more heavily towards FAOT as scum, than Misnomer as sorc. FAOT's claims don't sit right with me, then there is the whole scum message word usage dealie, but what kinda nails it for me, is I got drain magic'ed earlier around the time he was active. Using activity, of people who were on a couple hours before I got the PM telling me I was drained,NAR, BoomFrog, and FAOT are the most likely source of this cast.

All this adds up to...

Vote: FAOT

As there is absolutely no chance at all that a silenced drain magic is a townie action. There is coincidence, and there is a collection of circumstantial evidence, and all of the above add up to the latter. I'm not near as convinced towards Misnomer as a sorc as I am about FAOT as scum.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:34 am UTC

Hmmm... that argument actually sounds kind of convincing. I was starting to wonder about the whole Ray of Frost situation, as the dates and times don't seem to add up completely, but I honestly have not tried to play timestamp matching to get complete certainty.

I am a little bit uncomfortable with "activity" arguments, but they tend to work. For the record, I have been checking the thread regularly, possibly even during the window for the Drain Magic in question, but haven't been posting simply because nothing has happened that I can respond to. I'm also kind of assuming that I'm going to get killed tonight anyway, which has sapped my will a bit.

I'm going to hang on to see FAOT's response before voting, though. (I would promise a reread, but I'm afraid I won't deliver. I will try, though.)
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Lataro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 am UTC

I realize on the activity aspect it doesn't guarantee it, however, I know the mods were on overnight, so the action must of been from the morning it was processed. All I can see is the names of those who posted in thread awhile before I got the notice that I was drained. While this doesn't assure that one of the people listed did it, it does put them in a rather small subset of players that the action would of originated from, that being sometime between 4 AM EST and 9:50 AM EST.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 am UTC

@Lataro: If the timing of the drain magic and the grammar were your only evidence I'd be poking a ton of holes in it, but claiming a silenced ray of frost a day late is enough evidence for me so I won't bother.

Before we finish the day though I'd like to hear from our lurkers. I don't look forward to trying to find more scum tomorrow with the info we have right now. I'd like Van, llamanaru, Gopher of Pern, John Citizen to post their thoughts on the current situation before the end of the day. To all, if you could unilaterally lynch someone today who would it be and why? And bonus question to Van: why'd you shield NaR and not yourself?

Spoiler:
Very Active:
2. BoomFrog
5. Adacore
10. mpolo
12. DaBigCheez
13. FAOT
20. Lataro

Active:
7. Not A Raptor
8. Misnomer
9. PhoenixEnigma
6. VectorZero
18. greenlover

Inactive:
1. Van
14. llamanaru
16. Gopher of Pern
19. John Citizen
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:20 am UTC

For fuck sake, this is the damned reason I didn't even claim it in the first place. Seriously, I would have made a better lie than 'I was ray of frosted', if I was lieing. I'm not 'scheming' but I'm not fucking stupid either.

I have no idea about your drain Lataro, and I have no idea why you are convinced it is me. You seem to forget people can delay spells or trigger them (it might even have been triggered to go off at my next post to frame me). Hell, if we were making decisions based on Grammar you would have been lynched D1. You've gone past that with one step more ridiculous and started counting timestamps? Yet, you throw your dummy out the pram when someone makes an argument against you on grammar but your just as happy to do it to someone else. Hypocrite.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby greenlover » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 pm UTC

Okay, I'm not comfortable with a FAOT lynch. The evidence against him amounts to grammar, a drain magic, and a RoF. I have problems with each of these arguments, though.
1) I believe my feelings of dislike about an argument based on grammar have already been made clear.
2) The drain magic argument can only be linked to him via timestamps; and timestamps are virtually useless in a game where you can delay your actions.
3) The RoF he claimed without any pressure, so he had no incentive - be him scum, scoc or town - to lie about. Think about it: he could have simply said that he didn't case any spells D1, and have been done with it. Or, if he was devious, he could have claimed he had cast spells, and gotten Misnomer lynched. Plus, we know that scum has (or had on D1) RoF - it was apart of Infina's spell picks.

I'm sure that there are some flaws in that reasoning - I don't currently have the time to check through it. But regardless, I don't really like the idea of lynching FAOT.

I currently don't have the time analyse anyone I have not already analysed, so among the other players I have looked at (which isn't too many) VZ and Misnomer are tied for most scummy (assuming that llamu will be modkilled). But, since VZ is currently on his way up while Misnomer is on his way down, I think a Misnomer lynch is currently preferred. Thus,

Vote: Misnomer

Not because I think he is really that scummy, but because he is better than a VZ, FAOT, or no lynch.
User avatar
greenlover
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:21 pm UTC

Deadline Saturday afternoon (A bit over 24 hours from now).

16 Players alive, 9 to lynch.
Votals:
ForAllOfThis(2): BoomFrog, Lataro
Misnomer(1): greenlover


There is a Magic Missile following BoomFrog!
There is a Magic Missile following RoadieRich!
There is a Magic Missile following Van!
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Aardvarki » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 pm UTC

Seems pretty inactive. EH sent some prods out. I'm adding two names to the potential modkill list.

Day 2 will end in about 24 hours.

Players slated for Modkill at Day End (assuming no posts):
RoadieRich
BigNose
llamanaru
Gopher of Pern
John Citizen
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab
User avatar
Aardvarki
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Lataro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:13 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:For fuck sake, this is the damned reason I didn't even claim it in the first place. Seriously, I would have made a better lie than 'I was ray of frosted', if I was lieing. I'm not 'scheming' but I'm not fucking stupid either.

I have no idea about your drain Lataro, and I have no idea why you are convinced it is me. You seem to forget people can delay spells or trigger them (it might even have been triggered to go off at my next post to frame me). Hell, if we were making decisions based on Grammar you would have been lynched D1. You've gone past that with one step more ridiculous and started counting timestamps? Yet, you throw your dummy out the pram when someone makes an argument against you on grammar but your just as happy to do it to someone else. Hypocrite.



Whose making a decision based on grammar? How does looking at times people posted and lining it up with a silenced spell cast a bad idea? I didn't make a big deal about grammar being used against me, I made a big deal about it being singularly the only thing used against me, outside, "Lataro is crafty, we should kill him". You have completely over-reacted to my reasons for voting you, to the point where one must ask the question, why so vehement a response? To me, that level of reaction is rather scummy, you use hostility to answer an accusation based on a string of events that point towards you as looking somewhat anti-town, rather than offer anything else up in the way of a better alternative.

This wouldn't be the issue it is if you had claimed this RoF as soon as it was cast. Instead, you wait til you are forced to "claim" it, and that looks very scummy, since there is no good reason to not have claimed it. It was early on, people weren't looking at you as a lynch choice, you wouldn't have exposed your role by claiming to be the receiver of it. Further, there was apparently no good reason for it to have been cast in the first place, as you were not the scum kill choice. All you've done by not claiming this earlier is put yourself in a scummy position, of withholding info from town til it was relevant to your survival when you got called out, essentially, you've created wine around yourself.

As for the delay/trigger spells, that is possible, I never said I was absolutely certain it was you, I ask you to please indicate where you seem to get the belief that I did. All I did was say that you existed as part of a small group that could have been the origin of it. As I said, I believe you are more likely to be scum than Misnomer is to be a sorc, and as you two are the only ones that stand out at the moment, and with discussion dying down to a near crawl, I placed a vote where my suspicions lie.

Based on the nature of your reaction to this perfectly reasonable vote, you look more scummy than less.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby mpolo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 pm UTC

Unless all those people on the list are scum/sorcerors or the like, I really am not looking forward to the modkills. Hopefully it's not like Inception where the modkills essentially decide the game.

Lataro's argument on FAOT actually seems quite reasonable. It is not airtight, and FAOT pointed out some of the problems. But he also blew up and started shotgunning defenses on the thing. I agree that the response looks more scummy than townie. I especially don't like the argument "I would have totally done something more intelligent than that if I were scum".

I'll be back before deadline, so this can still be changed, but for now, I'm going with

Vote: ForAllOfThis
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm UTC

I am uneasy with greenlover's reasons for being uncomfortable with a FAOT lynch.

I don't consider the grammar or the drain magic to be useful evidence (sorry, Lataro) - it's mostly all the weirdness around the Ray of Frost for me. So, I'm willing to accept 1), and even 2) to an extent, but...

You say he had no incentive to claim, or no pressure? He was reporting in response to a Scrying cast - and a couple players had previously put forth the idea that casting no spells D1/N1 was a sorctell. I don't agree that it's a sorctell, but that doesn't seem to be "no pressure" in my mind. Hence, I can see an incentive for him to claim that he hadn't cast spells, but wanted to.
Furthermore, as far as "he could claim he had cast, and gotten Misnomer mislynched" - if Misnomer flipped town and it became *incredibly obvious* that he was lying, he'd have been guaranteed to die the next day. An acceptable sacrifice, or hoping that Misnomer would flip sorc? Maybe. But considering that what we're dealing with here is an attempt to divert suspicion totally via reasonable claim, I don't think "but he totally could have sacrificed himself to get a townie lynched instead" is a particularly relevant counterargument.

Yes, we do know at least one scum picked RoF; _infina_ at least claimed the wine-AV, though obviously he could have been covering for someone else. Spellpicks leave it "in the realm of possibility", neither confirmed true nor false.

I'm interested in the logic of "VZ is on his way up while Misnomer is on his way down, so I'm going to vote for Misnomer". You think Misnomer's starting to look more townie as more information comes out, and you think VectorZero's starting to look more like scum, so...you're going to vote Misnomer before your opinion can change due to new info? :?:

FoS: Greenlover

In the meantime - I am not wholly convinced that FAOT is scum, but I think there's a pretty good chance, and with llamanaru heading for a modkill I think he's the best lynch candidate on the radar. So, time to put my vote back on.

Vote: ForAllOfThis

I don't think VectorZero's looking particularly scummy, but may have to reread. Misnomer seems like a pretty strong candidate for being a sorc in relative terms, but not absolute - in my eyes it's at most a "slight sorc lean". I'm looking over my earlier suspicions list and honestly am not too sure why I had greenlover so high before besides a bit of lurkage, so may revisit that tomorrow. Everyone else below neutral on my earlier list is under threat of modkill v_v
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Lataro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 pm UTC

I'd rather no one else place a vote on FAOT now, in case scum try to hammer it via spells or additional votes before anyone who has a cast they need to get in can do so before night and miss out on defensive spells/ect.

By my count that's four votes, one more would be fine, though not needed, as that would take a number of spell cast votes/ect to hammer it or get it close to that.

I will be on again later tonight, but I will most likely not be on immediately before the deadline tomorrow, so we'll see whats up then.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Aardvarki » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 pm UTC

"N fnyingvba cebzvfrq." - Someone has cast Re-Raise.
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab
User avatar
Aardvarki
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:42 pm UTC

:roll:

Anyone have a Detect and/or Dispel handy, if that was on FAOT, which I assume it was? (Detect mainly because it might have been a disguised Revenge or somesuch.)

BoomFrog/Adacore/PhoenixEnigma, I don't see any claimed casts from you today. Any of you got something?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm UTC

Eugh, I was abit pissed off earlier for other reasons and it leaked into this. My outrage was because I have no alternative answer. I used up my one spell today which was detect magic at the start. I used it on mpolo. There is nothing else I can do.

I'm assuming that re-raise is a disguised spell meant to waste towns spells per cycle. Feel free to cop the hell out of me with detect, you'll only find out what I've been telling you. I'd advise against wasting a dispel though, as it won't confirm what I'm telling you.

I have four spells left, and I took Warp:

Armor
Shield
Panacea
Bolster

The spell I used today was detect magic.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:18 pm UTC

Could be a ploy to waste town's casts (though probably more in "total spell count" than spells-per-cycle imo), but would also be frustrating to waste a lynch. For that matter, it might even be a real one cast by scum, whether FAOT's scum or not - it doesn't notify when you're targeted by it, after all. And if they made it take up two days to lynch FAOT, well...that's something I can see scum doing regardless of his real alignment.

Hrm...as far as disguised spells go, I have a question for the mods.

Disguise Spell (2/game): Day-cast a spell and have it be announced as a different spell.

Using Disguise Spell, can a spell be announced as a spell of a different level, or only as a spell of the same level?
If spells can be announced as a spell of a different level, does only the true spell being cast determine the number of feat charges used?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Lataro » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 pm UTC

To your question DBC, if it works the same as last game, a one can look like a two, or a two can look like a one, but if anything involves a two, either the real spell or the faked one, it costs 2 charges.

modpoints plox.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 am UTC

A spell can be disguised into a spell of a different level. For a 1 to become a 2 it costs 1 charges of the feat. for a 2 to become a 1 it costs 2 charges. For a 2 to become a 2 it still costs 2 charges. ect.

2 mod points to Lataro for correctly pointing out the basic rule of thumb if you want to apply a feat and something in there involves a lvl 2 spell it will cost 2 charges of the feat in wizardry 2.0. -5 mod points for Lataro for misrepresenting the rule in 2.5
Last edited by ElectricHaze on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:34 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Aardvarki » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:37 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:A spell can be disguised into a spell of a different level. For a 1 to become a 2 it costs 2 charges of the feat. for a 2 to become a 1 it also costs 2 charges. For a 2 to become a 2 it still costs 2 charges. ect.

2 mod points to Lataro for correctly pointing out the basic rule of thumb if you want to apply a feat and something in there involves a lvl 2 spell it will cost 2 charges of the feat.

bzzt! Incorrect! Both EH and Lataro lose 5 mod points.

In 2.5, disguise only cares about the level of the spell being disguised. A level one spell disguised as level two takes one charge, not two. You both would have been correct in 2.0 but that particular point in the rules was removed in 2.5.
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab
User avatar
Aardvarki
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:35 am UTC

I dunno what you are talking about. I think you misquoted me there...

:wink:
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Lataro » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:46 am UTC

I hate you both.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 am UTC

Just because I have the power to edit history to suit my needs is no reason to hate me. Now get back to playing games for my amusement.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:41 am UTC

I apologise for not posting more. Work has been hella busy, and I came down with the flu, so I haven't really been myself lately.

First things first:

It seems like we're getting down near to the end of the day, so should I cast a shield spell on one of the people with a MM following them? If so, who?

Second: FAOT:

Looking through the arguement, it started by Misnomer claiming they cast scrying on FAOT day1. He recorded no notifications. FAOT claimed they got ray of frosted (no modly notification of it) D1, which stopped him from casting spells until day2 (not checking spell description). Since then, its been back and forth with angry responses from FAOT (damn, I keep saying FOAT!) Greenlover actually came in one FAOT's side, thinking that Lataro's reasons are kinda poor (reasonable) and that the ROF arguement would be a silly one to false-claim if you were scum (makes sense) and that FAOT was under no pressure (not exactly). Then someone cast re-raise. Now, one would only cast re-raise if they thought they were going to die. Re-raise is a non-self spell?!? So someone thinks someone else is going to die, and thus cast re-raise (barring disguise spell.) Now, I see 2 possibilities for this. Someone cast it on mpolo, as they are a big target for scum atm. Or someone cast it on FAOT. Someone would only cast it on FOAT if they know they are the same alignment as them. Which pretty much leaves scum, as I don't think anyone at all can be convinced that FAOT is town.

Looking through all that, it looks pretty convincing that FAOT is scum. It looks like too much effort to frame someone like that, if they are indeed telling the truth. I am assuming if they do get lynched, and have a re-raise, we don't get to see whether they flipped town or scum, but I guess it just means we'll have to lynch him again tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I dont have detect or dispel handy to check.

I wont vote yet, as I will leave time for casting of spells.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 am UTC

I've been mulling this over in my head (and not the thread :/), and keep coming back to the idea that I'm not really inclined to vote today. The two people I'd be most inclined to vote for are already slated for modkills, and Inception is still rather fresh in my mind - having everyone die at once makes me a little uneasy.

That said, FOAT still doesn't sit well with me, and for that reason I'm fine with (and just did) send in a Detect Magic there. Might as well not be completely useless today
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.
User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:00 am UTC

I can dispel or shield myself but I'll wait for results of detect. @gop, mpolo has promised to shield van and I but I'd rather you use a shield since he is more likely to be town.

If FAOT does have a reraise then I'd be inclined to lynch him tomorrow and lynch Misnomer today.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 am UTC

Ebwop: don't shield RR obviously.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby mpolo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:25 am UTC

I'm pretty sure that that Re-Raise was a disguised Ray of Frost, though it is also possible that someone cast a Silenced Ray of Frost.

In any case, I am frozen, which means I won't be saving anybody at the end of the day without help from outside.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby mpolo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 am UTC

EBWOP: I suppose that this could be seen as confirmation that at least one, if not both, of my targets are town. It might alternatively mean that there is a vindictive sorceror around.
Image <-- Evil experiment
User avatar
mpolo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:29 am UTC

"Syvpx n fjvgpu naq bcra zl guveq rlr!" - Someone has cast Detect Magic

Deadline in 12ish hours.
16 Players alive, 9 to lynch.
Votals:
ForAllOfThis(4): BoomFrog, Lataro, mpolo, DaBigCheez
Misnomer(1): greenlover


There is a Magic Missile following BoomFrog!
There is a Magic Missile following RoadieRich!
There is a Magic Missile following Van!
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:49 am UTC

That sucks.

In that case, I will cast Shield on boomfrog. I can at least save one of them.

The (disguised? silent?) ROF on mpolo does lend credence to FAOT's story though. Strange timing though, as if it were a setup, why reveal it now?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 am UTC

“Cunynak, cebgrpg zr sebz zntvp!” - Someone has cast Shield!

Deadline in 12ish hours.
16 Players alive, 9 to lynch.
Votals:
ForAllOfThis(4): BoomFrog, Lataro, mpolo, DaBigCheez
Misnomer(1): greenlover

The Magic Missile following BoomFrog Vanishes

There is a Magic Missile following RoadieRich!
There is a Magic Missile following Van!
[/quote]
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Adacore » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 am UTC

I think that combo (Ray of Frost disguised as Re-Raise) is a pretty solid endorsement of the FAOT lynch.

Can anyone save Van, then? I think we probably should if we can, but I can't do anything about that missile...

I hope at least one more of Llamanaru, John Citizen and RoadieRich post before the modkill deadline. I'm really not comfortable with five simultaneous deaths (six, if we can't/don't help Van). :?
User avatar
Adacore
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Adacore » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:33 am UTC

EBWOP: No, wait, I'm not thinking straight.

The Re-Raise disguised as Ray of Frost matters only in that it indicates that Van and Boomfrog (the people mpolo was planning to save) are more likely townies. It has no relevance to the FAOT lynch, since it doesn't matter to scum whether townies waste spells dispelling the fake Re-Raise from another townie, or from a scum member. If anything, it's more likely to be scum trying to frame FAOT by pretending he's casting a Re-Raise.
User avatar
Adacore
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm UTC
Location: 한국 창원

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:46 am UTC

I can still rustle up my emergency shield. I'm wary of using up our last shield on someone who's been so neutral but I agree with Adacore, there's too many modkills lined up, so sending in my shield now.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby VectorZero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:Hell, if we were making decisions based on Grammar you would have been lynched D1. You've gone past that with one step more ridiculous and started counting timestamps? Yet, you throw your dummy out the pram when someone makes an argument against you on grammar but your just as happy to do it to someone else. Hypocrite.

I agree.

I found FAOT to generally be not scummy on a reread, then the above, then greenlover raised some good points, then the suspicious re-raise...

Bah.

I've vacillated between a vote for FAOT and misnomer. The death of either would give information about other players, so there's that, I guess.

Fuck it.

Vote: misnomer
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.
User avatar
VectorZero
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 am UTC
Location: Darwin

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 pm UTC

As much as I'm tempted to vote Misnomer for self-preservation, I won't. From my perspective, his scrying result is 100% correct and given my cock up on not casting N1 (thinking I was still RoF) then I can't see him lying about it. I'm going to stick with DBC as my gut instinct, there something not quite right about him as I've pointed out time and time again. He was super quick to jump on voting for me as well and super quick to take off the vote when there wasn't an immediate bandwagon.

Vote: DBC
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Misnomer » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:54 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:For fuck sake, this is the damned reason I didn't even claim it in the first place. Seriously, I would have made a better lie than 'I was ray of frosted', if I was lieing. I'm not 'scheming' but I'm not fucking stupid either.


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


That's some epic WIFOM there. That said, I think I believe you - while 'scum would not act like I'm acting' is not a defence, 'scum would be insane to act like I'm acting' kind of is. It would be ludicrous of scum to conduct a rof-related gambit that would be guaranteed to throw suspicion on themself while reducing suspicion towards the easiest townie to lynch. Also, I've generally not been getting a scummy vibe from you.

Therefore, I am opposed to a FAOT lynch. I shall endeavour to find an alternative candidate, and post as soon as possible.
User avatar
Misnomer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Day 2 - I am Magic and so can y

Postby Aardvarki » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 pm UTC

"Lbh jvyy abg snqr hagvy V pbafrag!" - Someone has cast Bolster.

(If I missed any other queued spells for the deadline, please PM me.)

With the sun once again dipping below the horizon, the wizards began to cast their votes, but it seemed the events of the previous day and a restless night had exhausted the wizards and most simply forgot to vote. Barely able to put together a majority the wizards unenthusiastically forced ForAllOfThis into the portal.

ForAllOfThis has been lynched.

Meanwhile, outside the ice dome, the two Archmagi were engaged in an epic battle. The Chancellor, still wearing his icy platemail, jumps from floor to ceiling and back again, dodging the lightning-quick attacks of ElectricHaze. As the Chancellor dodged, ElectricHaze charged up a large bolt and fired it at the ceiling above the dome, missing the Chancellor by a wide margin, but damaging the stone ceiling severely.

The chancellor took this moment to counter-attack, blasting waves of ice at ElectricHaze, unaware of the blocks about to fall from the ceiling. As they fell, the Chancellor finally noticed, and only barely dodged them at the last second. As he dove out of the way, he looked below at the wizards in the dome, scattering to avoid the falling rocks. The Chancellor was able to stop a few of the rocks, but the rest crashed through the dome, shattering it into pieces, and crushing a few of the slower wizards.


llamanaru, BigNose, and John Citizen have been killed by ElectricHaze. (modkilled)

ElectricHaze grinned. "Oh no, how tragic."

While taking cover from falling rubble, some wizards forgot a different threat... The magic missiles following Van and RoadieRich struck their targets. Somehow, Van was unharmed. RoadieRich wasn't quite so lucky.


RoadieRich was killed by a Magic Missile.

The roles and spells of the dead will be revealed in the morning.
It is now night 2. Night 2 will last a maximum of 80 hours, ending early evening on Tuesday, EST.
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab
User avatar
Aardvarki
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:51 pm UTC

Re: [M] Wizardry Mafia 2.5 - Night 2 - Rocks fall, everyone

Postby ElectricHaze » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

As the sun slowly crept into the sky beginning another day, the wizards made their own way into a strangely calm Great Hall. Neither The Chancellor nor ElectricHaze were anywhere to be seen. Distant echoes and the hair raising feel of the powerful magic still in the air let the wizards know that the battle was still raging deep within the tower. The Wizards, comforted by the fact that, at least for now, they would be safe from any further collateral damage from the battle between the two great mages, began readying themselves for their own battle, but it was quickly discovered that The Chancellor and ElectricHaze weren't the only ones missing from the Great Hall. A quick inspection of the wizards chambers revealed the reasons why.

As the wizards approached VectorZero's room a strong oder of smoke filled the air. Quickly pushing through the door the wizards found the charred reamains of VectorZero. A short search of what was left of his belongings revealed a burnt copy of Intermediate Necromancy: Raising A Skeleton in 7 Easy Steps.


VectorZero Evil Apprentice, town, was killed during N2 by a Fireball. He had Detect Good, and a Ray of Frost spell in his Spellbook.

Fearing what they might find, the wizards moved on to the room of the only other person not present. The door to Not a Raptor's room stood open, but not a soul was in sight, only a small pile of ash next to the desk gave any clue as to what happened.

Not a Raptor Evil Diviner, town, was killed during N2 by the followers of Aardvarki. He had Astral Echoes, Arcane Voice, Detect Magic, Scrying, Knowledge and Foresight in his spell book.

With everyone accounted for the wizards turned back to the task at hand.

ForAllofThis, Good High Wizard, one of the followers of Aardvarki was Lynched. He had Panacea, Armor, Ray of Frost, Bolster, Knowledge, and Delustions in his spellbook.

RoadieRich Sorcerer, Independent, was killed by a Magic Missile on Day 2. He had 8 spell slots remaining.

BigNose Evil Alchemist, town, was Modkilled on Day 1. He had Armor, 2x Shield, Detect Good, Panacea and Bolster in his spellbook.

John Citizen Evil Alchemist, town, was Modkilled on Day 1. He had 2x Shield, and Arcane Voice in his spellbook.

llamanaru Good Alchemist, one of the followers of Aardvarki was modkilled on Day 1. He had Illusory Missile, Disrupt Magic, Shield, and Scrying in his spellbook.

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble!
During the night, the following potions were brewed: Scrying.

It is now Day 3, and a new cycle. There are 10 players left alive, 6 to lynch.

There is a Magic Missile following Adacore!
Last edited by ElectricHaze on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:32 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests