[S] Portal Mafia - Animal King, SK Win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

[S] Portal Mafia - Animal King, SK Win.

Postby GLaDOS. » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 pm UTC

Welcome to Aperture Science Enrichment Centre. You have been brought here to test the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device. The Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device will be delivered to one of you shortly. All queries regarding the test should be directed to me. Although, I cannot promise I will answer them.

You must put something in the incinerator each day. If the rest of the people could talk, and let me remind you on behalf of the Enrichment Centre that they can, they would rather be incinerated than left behind. Failure to do so will result in a breach of the Enrichment Centre Code of Conduct. Aperture Science cannot be held responsible for the consequences of breaching conduct. A full Enrichment Centre Code of Conduct can be found at the bottom of the page. Failure to read it, may result in premature death. Cake will be available at the end of the game.

Standard Rules
Spoiler:
1. You may only talk about this game in this thread and in an appropriately named spoiler in the Discussion Thread. If you are not playing this game, you may not post in this thread.
2. You may not play to lose. This will be dealt with at the mod's discretion (expect an immediate modkill if you play against your faction).
3. Do not lurk. If you no longer want to or can't play, ask the mod as soon as possible for a replacement. If there are no replacements, you must keep playing until a replacement arrives or the mod decides to modkill you.
4. You may not edit your posts.
5. You may not post your role PM, or quote verbatim from it. You may paraphrase.
6. Votes and questions must be posted in
bold, on a newline.
You may also ask questions to the mod in PM.
7. You may not post game content in this thread after you are dead. (You may post death flavor.) If you are lynched, you are dead when the hammer is cast. Else, you are dead when the mod says so.
8. You may not post game content at night. It is night when hammer is cast or when the aforementioned deadline is reached.
9. The mod's decisions are final.

Enrichment Centre Code of Conduct
Spoiler:
1. There is only one portal gun. It is handed out to a player randomly each day. That player is told that they have recieved the portal gun.
2. The portal gun grants that player 'special abilities' for the following night.
3. The portal gun can't be destroyed.
4. Players cannot No Lynch. Someone must be incinerated each day.
5. The game consists of an incineration phase (Day) and a testing phase (Night).
6. You may not talk during the testing phase.
7. Draws will result in all players being thrown in the incinerator.
8. You cannot win. I'd suggest voting for yourself now.

Player List:

Spoiler:
6. Van Ibarra
11. joshz BoomFrog
12. roband

Dead List:
Spoiler:
1. VectorZero
2. cjdrum
3. more_people
7. NecklaceOfShadow Lorenz
9. weiyaoli
4. Chandani Robot_Raptor
10. Eajik e_e
5. DaBigCheez
8. infina ElectricHaze

Roles are being sent out. Please confirm within thread.
Last edited by GLaDOS. on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:51 pm UTC, edited 15 times in total.
GLaDOS.

Re: [M] Portal Mafia: Pre-Game

Postby VectorZero » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:13 pm UTC

Space. Space, wanna go to space. Dad, are we in space?

Yes son, I confirm we are in space. Now we are a family again.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.
VectorZero

Postby eajik » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:25 pm UTC

You know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons!

I'm also the person who's confirming.
eajik

Postby joshz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:40 pm UTC

*clap* *clap*

Congratulations. You managed to get a role PM to me and make me confirm, while putting an idiot in charge of the entire facility.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
joshz

Postby _infina_ » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:29 pm UTC

*Caroline Deleted*

well, at least my role survived. confirming.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:35 pm UTC

Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Enrichment Fund For Girls? It's true!

Confirming that I still have all mine.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
DaBigCheez

Postby Chandani » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:37 pm UTC

Confirming. :)
Chandani

Postby roband » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:16 pm UTC

I'm here and ready
The death of Lady Diana was also predicted by Moby Dick.
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger

Re: [S] Portal Mafia: Pre-Game

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 pm UTC

Aperture Science's "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day" is a perfect time to have her confirmed.
boobies?

Shadow's Crescent, my blag, is where I wax poetic about inclusiveness and the kyriarchy. Please make some thoughtful and insightful comments therein.
NecklaceOfShadow

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:52 pm UTC

Confirm.
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:02 pm UTC

Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Confirm.

Wow, it actually works here! :shock:
:shock:
cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08 pm UTC

Oh, oh, oh!

"Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, and roles are confirmed between portals."
cjdrum

Postby VectorZero » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm UTC

"Your confirmation has been processed and we are now ready to begin the test proper."
VectorZero

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

Federal regulations require me to inform you that this next Mafia game is looking...pretty...good.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
DaBigCheez

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:18 pm UTC

I'm willing to put it all behind us. For the Mafia. You monster.
boobies?

Shadow's Crescent, my blag, is where I wax poetic about inclusiveness and the kyriarchy. Please make some thoughtful and insightful comments therein.
NecklaceOfShadow

Postby joshz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:42 pm UTC

I saw a deer today. It was in the Mafia. So I killed it. I think it was about to say, "I love you."
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
joshz

Postby more_people » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:44 pm UTC

"Spectacular. You appear to understand how a Mafia affects forward confirmation, or to be more precise, how it does not. In layman's terms: Mafia goes in, confirmation comes out."
more_people

Postby GLaDOS. » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 am UTC

We are just waiting for Van. She's making you all wait. You know that right? I suggest you incinerate her D1. Incineration is a function of fire and heat, used to burn things. In layman's terms, Van goes in, ash comes out.
GLaDOS.

Postby tastelikecoke » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:00 am UTC

... Argggh... Why did I miss this!? Actually it's okay to miss the sign ups since my schedule is super tight, but man!! This is Portal we're talking about!... Maybe I should join as replacement, or maybe not, or maybe I should do both... Or I should just take some popcorn and watch. Hmm, That's good too... I think that's what I'll do, yeah.
tastelikecoke

Postby cjdrum » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 am UTC

Hey. Hey GLaDOS.

Can tlc join as a replacement and not, while remaining calm and yelling and screaming for help?
cjdrum

Postby eajik » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 am UTC

I know this game hasn't started yet, but I'm sure it will soon- I'm going to be gone until the 25th at band camp, so I won't be able to post. Sorry folks.
eajik

Postby GLaDOS. » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 am UTC

Van called me fat in a PM so I had to have her incinerated. Then Chan called me evil so I had her incinerated as well. I will be finding replacements now.

Seriously, sorry this is taking so long to start. Replacements will be found.
GLaDOS.

Postby roband » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:10 am UTC

Ironic that (AFAIK, at least), the only two females who signed up, can't play?

They've heard all the mean things you said about Chell, GLaDOS... Big mistake.
roband

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:05 am UTC

*cough*

*cough*

*points at her continued membership in the game*

*cough*
boobies?

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby cjdrum » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 am UTC

Hey, NOS. Consider making a visit here.

It'll do you good for a while, and you won't have to remind people every game ;)

Also, yes I can see your avatar - but what happens when it changes? :D
cjdrum

Postby roband » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:33 am UTC

Excuse me. I apologise.

I did see your avatar and thought it had something to do with gender, but I can never remember which of those symbols means which :D
roband

Postby GLaDOS. » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:14 am UTC

Ibarra will be replacing Van. I intend to start today, once confirmed.
GLaDOS.

Postby VectorZero » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:31 am UTC

And chandani?
VectorZero

Postby cjdrum » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 am UTC

Are all test subjects replaced when euthanized? :lol:

Anyway. Normal procedure in a game like this is often role spec - but there doesn't really seem to be anything to talk about... Other than the portal gun being handed out.

Enrichment Centre Code of Conduct #2 says that they get "special powers" - maybe they gain a Cop power for that night, or Doc or Vig or something?

Hmm...

Maybe we should wait until D1 starts, and someone actually gets the gun. Until then...
cjdrum

Postby GLaDOS. » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 pm UTC

VectorZero wrote:And chandani?

Oh, it's you. I hate you. I'll be looking for a new player to replace Chan for the rest of D1, I feel the game has been delayed long enough. If one cannot be found she will be modkilled.
GLaDOS.

Postby Robot_Raptor » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm UTC

Fact: The likelihood of you dying within the next turn is eighty-seven point six one percent.
Fact: The likelihood of you dying violently within the next turn is eighty-seven point six one percent.

Confirming as Chandani's replacement.
Robot_Raptor

Postby GLaDOS. » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

Well, you found me. Congratulations. Was it worth it? Because despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far... is my heart. Maybe you could settle for that, and we'll just call it a day? I guess we all know that isn't going to happen. If you want to kill me, I suggest you incinerate cjdrum. He's posting content before the start of the day. What other indication do you want that he could be scum? I'll call him scumdrum from now on. It'll amuse me if everyone else calls him scumdrum as well.

So scumdrum, what do you have to say for yourself?

**brrrr**zz The ASHPD has been delivered. **br**rr*zz

Wait. Who authorised that? I'll be back in just a minute.

Robot_Raptor is replacing Chandani.

Day one has now begun. Deadline set for Friday at 6pm.

12 players alive. 7 votes to hammer. No soft deadline, the player with the most votes at deadline will be lynched.
GLaDOS.

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D1: Scumdrum

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:47 pm UTC

I wonder if the self-voting suggestion rule was just flavour?

Vote: weiyaoli
Unvote

I think this is going to be probably a vanilla-ish (like the Present Time AC) game. Since the portal gun grants powers, either this means on top of whatever powers people have already or people start off vanilla or a mixture. I think the third is probably most likely though since I doubt the scum kill would result from the portal gun and I don't see everyone having powers.

The flavour seems to make out that we are all participants, but I can't really think of how that would lend towards scum/town (admittedly flavour weak here) and since glados is the mod already this means that it probably isn't a role.
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 pm UTC

Heh...thank you, GLaDOS, for being so helpful with the scumhunting :roll:

Back to the actual subject at hand, though...I think now that D1's properly started (scumdrum), it'd be a good time for some rolespec. Accurately predicting what powers town would have isn't likely to be possible here, with what little flavor we've got to go on - I've still got a couple ideas, but they'll make a bit more sense once I outline my scumspec.

I make out three main possibilities for the scum team:

An Aperture Science observational team, seeded amongst the test subjects to ensure all proper test protocols are being followed. Not very likely - in part because that's what GLaDOS is here to do in the first place, in part because I doubt the scientists would want to get incinerated (though perhaps employee testing is still mandatory?), and in part because it doesn't have a clear mechanism for the nightkill.

GLaDOS's cores. Somewhat likely in that they'd fit the theme of "fighting against GLaDOS", but I wouldn't expect to see them in the test chambers, and they didn't really seem to have a lot of ability to act on their own in the game. Would be consistent with neurotoxin delivery as the nightkill mechanism - they'd be immune, after all, and it'd be something they trigger in GLaDOS. If it is this set, would be the Curiosity Sphere (rolecop maybe?), Cake Sphere (dispenses "presents"?), and Anger Sphere (maybe a roleblocker by screaming at them so much they can't think?). If this is the case, there's a good chance the Morality Sphere would be in the game, probably as a townie role (inhibiting GLaDOS or the other cores in some way - town roleblocker? Maybe a doctor, stopping neurotoxin delivery, but I'd expect that to be on whoever was delivering the neurotoxin rather than receiving.)

Turrets! This is what I consider most likely - they're independent actors but still under GLaDOS's control, they're seen throughout the facility, they'd be immune to neurotoxin, and they have an obvious nightkill mechanism. (Plus, they're fun to incinerate and you can pull tricks on them with the portal gun!) I'd expect the standard Turrets (prob. basic mafia goons) and rocket Turret (maybe submitting a delayed-action daykill, i.e. if they post within the next 24 hours they 'dodge' or something like that? Redirectable with portal gun?). If it goes further into "mechanical elements", there's the possibility of GLaDOS's cameras (Watchers/Trackers, maybe?), or something like the high-energy disco ball. This scumteam could work with neurotoxin, but if nightkill flavor involves someone riddled with bullets or blown apart I'm betting on this one.

As far as town, my basic ideas revolve around it being one of the latter two teams, with a 'tech' flair to most of the roles - that doesn't tell us a lot about what roles we'd actually *have*, though. So, we could have something like a 'Tech Specialist' as cop, who could identify a target as machine or human (not something that should take a lot of work to be able to figure out, but still) - if so, the Morality Core might show up as a miller in the Cores scumteam, there probably wouldn't be any in a Turret scumteam. Except...

COMPANION CUBE! <3 <3 <3 <3 Willing to bet the Cube is a doctor - it blocks projectiles and turrets, it keeps you safe, it's wonderful...and a possible jesterbomb minus the jester part (lynching the Cube may have consequences). I know I would be stricken by remorse if I incinerated the faithful Cube :(

Or, cop/watcher/tracker could work by hacking into GLaDOS's databanks or something - I can definitely see cop/doc easily, but while there might be some weird roles on the side, I'm not expecting too much in the way of high-power town.

Thinking three scum, possibly four if we do have superpowered roles; pretty certain two would be too few here, unless the scum can get control of the portal gun and dodge lynches with that or something.

Speaking of which...that's one of the things bothering me about my rolespec. The only real reason I have for the 'scientists' scumspec is that opening flavor says 'we were brought here to test...' which would seem to imply "all players are testing", hence the possibility of testers working with GLaDOS/coerced by GLaDOS. Cores/turrets, though...I can't see those being testers. Yet the Enrichment Centre Code of Conduct just says that 'a player randomly' will be given the portal gun - if it's just random among town that could give interesting ways to confirm someone (and resulting wine from being unsure about the mechanic/possible falseclaims), but if it's random among everyone that gives the possibility of a couple bad rolls completely overpowering scum. (Unless it's a pseudo-RNG, of course...)

tl;dr I don't think self-voting is useful, I don't think listening to GLaDOS in general is useful (besides adhering to the Enrichment Centre Code of Conduct ofc), I think it likely is a *relatively* vanilla-ish game minus the portal gun mechanic, and I think this wall of text has gone on long enough. :lol:

DaBigCheez

Postby cjdrum » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12 pm UTC

Scumdrum?
Better than "cjscum", I guess, but...

:?

Anyway. I'll read through that wall a bit more carefully in a bit. Skimming through it, though, all options are pretty likely. Will have to look closer.
cjdrum

Postby more_people » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am UTC

The rules state that we can not win and mightas well vote for ourselves.

vote:more_people

Because the rules said so.

Unvote

Because I have changed my mind

Vote: GLaDOS

Let's see what happens if we kill GLaDOS!
more_people

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 am UTC

Good luck fitting GLaDOS down that incinerator.

U-um, not that I'm calling her fat or anything, pleasedon'tkillme

And meh. Still guessing the self-voting recommendation doesn't have game effect and is just modwine, but better safe than sorry [/left4dead]

Sure is warm over here...

Vote: DaBigCheez

A little too warm for my tastes.

Unvote

DaBigCheez

Postby cjdrum » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 am UTC

Maybe... We have to leave it on for whatever happens to take effect?

vote: ScumDrum

May as well. I don't really care about a single vote.
(OH MY GOD NO! A SINGLE VOTE IN A TWELVE PLAYER GAME!)
cjdrum

Postby more_people » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:06 am UTC

We must kill GLaDOS in order to escape with our lives. Now help me kill her for we can only kill her by lynching her.
more_people

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 am UTC

Hello, I don't envy calling out dangerous entities for really onerous missions, however, everyone responds their own way now.

I disagree with incinerating the test designer. It would only put an end to the glorious testing.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Next

Return to Mafia