[V] The Terminator Mafia - Town Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Night 1

Postby roband » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 am UTC

Sup. I will have caught up by the start of day.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Night 1

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 am UTC

One of you scream as Kyle Reese bursts into the room.

“Quick, get out of here! The Terminator is here!”

A hail of gunfire wakens everyone up as Kyle is riddled with holes. He slumps to the floor, dead.

“Follow me!” Hal leads the rest of you out the back door, into the parking lot. You can see a truck smashed into the front wall of the police station. Frantically, you all pile into a SWAT van as Hal takes the wheel. He revs the engine and stalls the vehicle. “Dammit, its been ages driving this!” He finally gets it going, just as a figure emerges from the police station. It looks human, but one of its eyes is glowing a bright red, and they are so riddled with bullets it is impossible that they would still be standing if they were human. It sees the van getting away, and fires its automatic weapon at it. One of you scream in pain. Hal swerves the vehicle, and clips the side of the gate, but manages to get control of the van as you roar away. “Is anybody hurt?” Hal asks. A sob greets him. DaBigCheez has 2 bullet holes in the chest, one suspiciously close to the heart. “Why me?” They gasp, and then their eyes close. Hal sighs, and drives on.

The Terminator walks onto the road, but decides that there will come another night.

You eventually make it to a safe house, where Hal leaves you while he dumps the car. You should be safe here.

You hope.


Robot_Raptor was Lynched. He was Kyle Reese. Town

DaBigCheez was Killed. He was Sarah A Connor. Town

7 Players remaining. 4 Votes to lynch. Deadline at 7pm AEST Thursday June 30th (9am UTC, 5am EST)
Last edited by Gopher of Pern on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 am UTC

Mod, can we get alignments from those who are dead?

Thanks.

Still reading back, thoughts soon.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:07 pm UTC

So we lynched RR as town on day 1, he seems to be making a habit of looking scummy.

Leaves us with 5 town and 2 scum. Did the mod explicitly say 2 scum, or just 2 terminators? Anyone else in the story who could be scum?

Slbub looks scummiest to me right now. Quite a lot of talking, not a lot of content.

But content hasn't been this game's strong point over the last 12 hours...
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 pm UTC

Please note I got the time wrong. I have adjusted it in the original post.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm UTC

roband wrote:So we lynched RR as town on day 1, he seems to be making a habit of looking scummy.

But content hasn't been this game's strong point over the last 12 hours...


You know that in all six games I've played we've mislynched day 1? :P

I know, look at the end of yesterday. I have no idea who to lynch because nobody's talking! Compare this game to the last newbie game, Sheriff of Nottingham, and look how much good content there is there, especially on day 2.

I've posted an analysis, scumdrum has posted an analysis, what does everyone else think of the players in the game so far? We need townies to keep posting so that scum can't just hide in lurkiness.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 am UTC

webby, I'll post an analysis when I get back from the doctor's office and take care of some other commitments.

Damn real-life commitments.
boobies?

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

join #xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net for a queer friendly environment. join #archlinux-women and #archlinux-newbie on irc.freenode.net for women, queer, and newbie friendly communities
User avatar
NecklaceOfShadow
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm UTC
Location: In the alchemical aether

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby cjdrum » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 am UTC

webby wrote:I've posted an analysis, scumdrum has posted an analysis, what does everyone else think of the players in the game so far? We need townies to keep posting so that scum can't just hide in lurkiness.

webby wrote:scumdrum has posted an analysis,

webby wrote:scumdrum

:x

Wrong game!



Anyway, I decided to have another look at my suspicion list:
Town
cjdrum
webby
NecklaceOfShadow
slbub
Tinman42
eajik
DaBigCheez
Vifam / roband
Robot_Raptor
Scummy

I looked into it a bit more, and...
Vifam hasn't been on the site itself in over a week. roband can't be forced to pay for this.
eajik is going to be away until tomorrow at least, but plays like how he was when Town.

So, my new and improved slider, now with some form of scale...
Spoiler:
Town
cjdrum

webby


NecklaceOfShadow
Neutral
eajik = Vifam

slbub
Tinman42


Scummy


eajik is hard to read as they are not here. roband needs to pick up from Vifam, which he is doing a pretty good job of.
slbub looks like he's trying to look like he's trying to contribute. Make sense?
Tinman42 did pretty much the same thing, but hasn't even posted anything for a while.

So, what I would like to see from:
Tinman42:
Spoiler:
- More posts!
- What you have deduced from people's answers to questions, general suspicion list, etc.

roband:
Spoiler:
- Suspicion list from your readthrough
- Notable posts, or lack thereof, that you discovered

slbub:
Spoiler:
- Content, content, content!
- Less incorrect spelling (eh, whatever)

eajik:
Spoiler:
- When you get back, see what I said to roband

NecklaceOfShadow:
Spoiler:
- Solid stuff I (and others) can make a read off of :D

webby:
Spoiler:
- Pack as much content into D2 as possible. Terminators killed DBC first, and so one of us are probably next.




I'm going to look through DBC's analysis of each person, see if they killed him because he was on to something...
:shock:
User avatar
cjdrum
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia

Postby roband » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 pm UTC

Page 1 was confirms and rolespec.
It frustrates the hell out of me that Vifam is the most suspicious looking person on that page.

Page 2 was random questions and votes.

slbub wrote:Something to consider is how close to the movie is this? I has two terminators but as much as I see there isn't anything else that is different. if this is true enough there would be three Sara Connors and two other vanilla town, potentially. So who are the roles, that is, if they exist. It also surprises me that the kill for the treminators isn't more like 6 or 7, ya know due to their almost invincibility, oh well I'll take what ever advantage I can get.


I don't like this. It bugs me a lot.

CJ seems to be controlling things a lot more than he usually does.
The worry I have is that the big long 'analysis'/'what he wants from each player' posts he's made, don't actually contain that much analysis.
This worries me a bit, because he's not saying much, but he's making lengthy posts.

Also, saying that you think RR is most scummy but don't want to lynch him, then voting for him when someone else does is scumtell of the week for me.
I suspect what you meant was "I don't want to be first on a lynch for him".

So, CJ or slbub? It's one comment from slbub which bugs me (despite there not being many to choose from) or a build-up to voting and execution of voting from CJ...

Vote CJDrum
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:45 pm UTC

roband, I see what you mean about cjdrum (although not the meta part - I've only played with him once I think, and he was killed as scum on day 1). In some ways, he's acting towards me a bit like you did in C9. Just little comments such as about 'we [me and him] could be next', trying to associate himself with me. And I agree about the Vifam and Robot_Raptor thing as well, in fact I had a theory (obviously proven false) that he and Robot_Raptor were the scum and that he was trying to move the lynch to Vifam. As Robot_Raptor turned out to be town, I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

For now I'm not going to do a full analysis or vote, I'd like some of the newer players to have a go at it and it's not good to have the game dominated by a small number of players. I'll look to do a proper analysis and vote a day or two before deadline.

I'm currently most suspicious of cjdrum (who I'm going to stop calling scumdrum until I decide whether he's scum :P) and Vifam, but there are a number of players I could decide to vote for. I don't think anyone has put themselves out there as particularly townie.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:50 pm UTC

Vifam isn't here any more. I am Vifam. Haha.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:51 pm UTC

And for some reason I've got my games mixed up, I somehow got the impression that roband had replaced infina, and that Vifam was still in the game. Not sure what to make of that, but roband feels at least slightly townie.

And on reflection, (because I just looked back), I don't think the changing the vote on R_R vs Vifam thing is so scummy. What incentive would he have had to change his vote if they were both townies anyway? I think it's a neutral tell overall.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:54 pm UTC

Just that he explicitly said, "RR is most scummy to be, but I don't think we should lynch him" (which is hindsight, is a bloody good idea - town twice, suspected heavily twice), but then within a couple of posts, he was voting for RR.

The only thing that changed was your vote for RR - therefore, I surmise that he didn't want to be first on the vote.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 pm UTC

roband wrote:Just that he explicitly said, "RR is most scummy to be, but I don't think we should lynch him" (which is hindsight, is a bloody good idea - town twice, suspected heavily twice), but then within a couple of posts, he was voting for RR.

The only thing that changed was your vote for RR - therefore, I surmise that he didn't want to be first on the vote.


So your point is that he didn't want to be associated with causing the lynch of Vifam (now you)? Because otherwise, what difference would it make to him who he voted for? I don't think that quite adds up, because I don't think anyone could have blamed him for lynching Vifam even if Vifam had turned out to be town.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:03 pm UTC

No, he didn't want to be the FIRST to vote for RR.

So he voiced his suspicions, let you vote him first, then as soon as you'd voted - jumped on the vote as well. After specifically saying that he didn't think you/we should lynch RR.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia

Postby cjdrum » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm UTC

roband wrote:CJ seems to be controlling things a lot more than he usually does.
The worry I have is that the big long 'analysis'/'what he wants from each player' posts he's made, don't actually contain that much analysis.
This worries me a bit, because he's not saying much, but he's making lengthy posts.

Also, saying that you think RR is most scummy but don't want to lynch him, then voting for him when someone else does is scumtell of the week for me.
I suspect what you meant was "I don't want to be first on a lynch for him".

So, CJ or slbub? It's one comment from slbub which bugs me (despite there not being many to choose from) or a build-up to voting and execution of voting from CJ...

Vote CJDrum

1. I probably am controlling things a lot, hey. I can see where you're coming from - but I think it's just hard for me to not when I'm called the Towniest person by... More than zero people for once. I'll try to sit back a bit. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned, but it's really freakin' obvious.
2. The "analysis"/"what he wants from each player" post was a) not meant to be an analysis; rather, it was a change in thinking and therefore standing, and b) I think I've seen someone do that before, and I kind of posted it thinking "a town player has done this, why can't I?" - but... Again, yeah.
3. Robot_Raptor was the most scummy at that time, but Vifam still could've popped back in, replying to nothing and showing no sign of doing so. I also knew that Robot_Raptor was like that in my C9 game as Town, so was kind of not sure what to do there.
4. The not voting then being second vote was because of the deadline. Voting for anyone but Robot_Raptor that close to the deadline could've been suicide. If the lynch was determined by random chance because I decided to be an ass and put the votes to a tie (or if anyone else did the same and I had the ability to stop them), where would that have put me?


And triple ninja'd: "He" is right here, being TRIPLE NINJA'D while explaining, dammit!
Ninja again. Stop posting so I can, please.
And again.
:shock:
User avatar
cjdrum
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:13 pm UTC

That actually all sounds quite reasonable. I've re-read the relevant parts of the thread and I can see that it's possible that you would act that way as town. I'm obviously going to be cautious because the one game I've played with you you were scum and I read you as town, but for now my suspicions are lessened.

I'm going to wait to analyse further - both of you know that I'm at my best when I'm looking for links between players, and that's hard when there's only two of you posting. :P

That's not to say you guys should stop posting, it's just that I'm going to wait to hear from some of the newer players before reaching conclusions.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 pm UTC

Well, reading back doesn't make it easy to see timings of posts and such. I'll go back over it and consider this.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:29 pm UTC

Nope, I don't buy it.

Your post about suspecting RR but not wanting to lynch him was about 28 hours before deadline.
Webby voted RR 18 hours later.
Then, 5 hours before deadline, you voted RR and (and this is the important bit) said you'd be on at deadline if anything changed. *
DBC then voted Vifam, just 6 minutes after you. **
NOS then voted RR, as she suspected Vifam was actually inactive for 'good' reasons.

Please note my points, which fit in at the timeframe denoted by the asterisks.

*There was only one vote down, on someone you said that you thought shouldn't have been lynched. Why not vote for the person you think SHOULD have been lynched, and potentially move your vote later, if necessary, as you'll be around at deadline?

**At this point, you were not at risk of leaving a tie, and could have moved your vote to Vifam. Obviously, I know you weren't protecting him by not voting for him (I took Vifam's role, so I know he's town) but it just seems inconsistent. Just prepared to lynch whoever will be easiest, regardless of what you said before.

Sorry, my vote stays. It looks like you started a bandwagon because the deadline was close, realised you couldn't jump off onto another one without looking suspicious and ended up not doing what you initially said you would.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby cjdrum » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 pm UTC

I thought I'd be on at deadline, but RL stuff got in the way a bit.

Had an orthodontist appointment well before deadline, so I thought I'd be all good to get back home. Then my parents organised a surprise visit to a soon-to-be-ours puppy. And then dinner.

This got me home well past deadline.


This happens... a fair bit... so I'm always trying to not do anything that I'd want to undo just before I go out "for about an hour".


I was gone before even DBC's vote was up.




Now. Question for webby, out of curiosity.
Which game are you referring to, in which I was scum, you town, and I was killed D1? You don't seem to have been in any of the four games I've been scum in.
:shock:
User avatar
cjdrum
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm UTC

cjdrum wrote:Now. Question for webby, out of curiosity.
Which game are you referring to, in which I was scum, you town, and I was killed D1? You don't seem to have been in any of the four games I've been scum in.


Crush nightless. You were the goon, John_Citizen was the Godfather, Lataro was the lyncher and he won simply by voting for me because nobody except him and me voted on day 2.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:12 pm UTC

I will be gone for at lease 30 hours so whatever I don't have time to contest the obviously wrong positions of the people thinking I an scum, but as soon as I get back then I will fight these flawed theroies!!
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby Tinman42 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 pm UTC

hey everyone, sorry I havent been on much, I am in afghanistan and the internet I normally use is down and wont be up for a while. my posts will most likely be minimal. I should have some time tonight to use the other internet and update. If my posts become too in frequent feel free to ask MOD to boot me. I will understand. That being said, im going to try and catch up and post something useful.
-do they have topless orange juice commercials in your country?

"My stocks dropped 18 percent this week"
"well, at least we have toast"
"tru dat"
User avatar
Tinman42
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm UTC

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 am UTC

Slbub, I'm seriously wondering if you want to play this game.

You've failed to make a single contentful post at all.

Massive FOS for always saying "I'll say more later"
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:17 am UTC

ok fine,

I didn't really see the scummy-ness of RR only incredible lurky-ness, if the are one in the same then what ever but if you could point to the posts that lead you to this lynch then I will be satified. another thing that I have found out was that a good analysis leads people to belive that you are town I am not sure if this is a typicl theory in games but it's what I've seem here, so yeah.
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:24 pm UTC

Slbub, the good analysis = town thing is for two reasons.

Firstly, you're setting out your opinion on players. If you're scum, you have the dilemma of what opinion to have on your scummate(s). Sometimes we can find scum by the way they interact with and analyse each other. When one scum dies, it can be useful to look at what their opinion was on everyone and what everyone else's opinion was on them. I guess they also have the problem of knowing the correct answer before they start (because they know everyone's alignment), which might mean they might overdo things, like being too certain another player is town etc. In summary, I think the point is that it's hard to post a good analysis as scum. I've never been scum myself, but I've used and seen the above things used to find scum.

Secondly, if you're town, then by posting a good analysis, you're helping find scum. You're summing up all the scummy things everyone has done in the game, which surely makes you more likely to find and vote for scum. It also helps other people, because they might notice something from your analysis they haven't previously.

So yeah, I'd like to see analyses from people. I'll analyse a bit later in the week, I'll make sure there's enough time before deadline when I do.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:39 pm UTC

And the reasons we lynched Robot_Raptor:

1. He clearly had enough time to post - he made jokes in thread and he was posting elsewhere. Therefore, he was active lurking, it wasn't a matter of him not having enough time to play.
2. We had nothing better than active lurking to go on on day 1. Active lurking is a scumtell because as scum, the less content you post, the less likely you are to post something that people find scummy. I would believe from the games I've played so far that there's a pretty good correlation between the amount of content people post and how likely town is to win.
3. Active lurking also has the problem that if he was alive today, we'd have very little to go on as to whether he was scum or town - all we have for anyone is their posts. So we didn't manage to find scum, but we did at least get rid of a player who's hard to read. And he was at least as likely to be scum as any other player at that point.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:53 pm UTC

Ok, thank you.
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 pm UTC

slbub wrote:Ok, thank you.


You're welcome, however posting short comments in the thread, combined with failing to posting any good content, is likely to get us thinking the same of you as we did of Robot_Raptor.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby cjdrum » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 am UTC

What's been happening to the posting level here? I thought we were getting more out of people, but...

What I want to know is whe-- wait, everybody's posted recently (minus eajik)? No content though - scum reads, townie comments... Anything game-related is good, so post more, guys (and NOS)!


Anyway, with my DBC suspicion analysis - nothing stands out that would provoke a self-defensive kill, to me. Maybe, if anything, his commment on Vifam, NOS or Tinman. I can't see (at all) roband doing something like that, but am not so sure about NOS or Tinman...
Of course, there is the possibly deranged idea of the 6th (currently alive) person on his suspicion slider, eajik, faking being away and secretly conversing and killing that night.
It becomes a guessing game.


So in short, I don't think there's anything to be gained from looking at DBC's suspicions, in terms of trying to find scum in there.
Kind of hard to find Town (for use in endgame) when half the players aren't here/posting, too!

So. Post more stuff! Not posting is something scum do to try to hide their scumminess, and we get suspicious!
:shock:
User avatar
cjdrum
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 am UTC

Going through DaBigCheez's posts, I've been trying to see what scum could have found objectionable. I went through them: been busy cutting out the slack, where random comments he made aren't pertinent, but I'm also giving links to the original posts if anyone wants to verify that the omissions are honest.

DaBigCheez wrote:Sarah Connors: Confirmed by Word of Mod as vanilla town.
Hal Vukovich: Detective who's brought the Connors together. Almost certainly Cop, able to investigate players to determine whether or not they are a Terminator (or possibly whether or not they're a Connor - this could potentially be problematic if they hit Reese?).
Kyle Reese: Solider sent back to protect Connor(s) (perhaps one specific Connor? Given the stated win condition, probably just trying to keep the Connors as a group going, but possibility that he'd "give up" if his "real" protection target is killed?). Probable Doctor, protecting someone from the Terminators each night. Possible Vigilante (possessing a nightkill as town), or Bodyguard (similar to Doctor, but kills the attacker as well - could possibly backfire on a Cop investigation as well).
Terminators: "Nearly indestructible". Possibly can survive one lynch/Vigilante nightkill? A 9/2 town/scum split seems rather generous, so I think the odds of this are nontrivial. May also just be vanilla.

Given that it's a vanilla game, I think it's most likely that none of the weirdness I'm musing on above (Reese leaving if a specific player's killed, etc.) is in fact the case, and we just have a Cop/Doctor/5xVanillaTown/2xVanillaGoon setup, possibly with the Doctor switched for a Vigilante.


DaBigCheez wrote:I'll add [a question] of my own:

4) Would you have qualms about lynching a player for very infrequent posts (passive-lurking)? Posts consistently very lacking in content (active-lurking)?
Answer to 4) Passive-lurking is more a job for the mods, but active-lurking is something that gets my eyebrows furrowed suspiciously. It's a weak scumtell, and I'm somewhat prone to equivocation myself sometimes, but in the absence of something strong to go on I will definitely go for an active-lurker.


DaBigCheez wrote:cjdrum posted a lengthful and contentful analysis.
webby's been making frequent and good contributions, as seems to be hir MO.
eajik's posts are bugging me a bit - getting a fairly strong active-lurker vibe.
slbub seems to be making genuine efforts to contribute, if not putting forth a whole lot of content.
NecklaceOfShadow isn't really making a ton of original contributions, but is volunteering info fairly readily.
Tinman's in kind of the same boat as NoS - not a ton of original content, but cooperating nicely.

My current suspicions slider:
=====SCUM=====
Vifam
eajik
Robot_Raptor
====NEUTRAL=====
Tinman
NecklaceOfShadow
slbub
webby
cjdrum
=====TOWN=====


That...

Damn. After reading the thread, busy as I thought it was before, I see why it's important to keep the posting level up, especially as it's dried up almost completely now. He (and everyone else, really) posted more in my head.

So... On to the analysis? On to the analysis! Long live the analysis! Live long and prosper~! Okay, I'll stop now.

DaBigCheez did not like dealing with lurkers. His second Post Dealing With Official Mafia BusinessTM just flat out states that active lurking is a scum tell and that he's really willing to lynch people who did so. Maybe someone took that personally? Someone doing that, it's stupid, though. The rest of us stressed that we'd do the same thing.

Though maybe they thought, "I'll get rid of him now, so he does not have any other observations to make later in the game, and so I can twist my moustache and shine my monocle while people are confused as hell"? I don't know.

Maybe they wanted to do something based on his slider? That's not a much better idea.

Though...

Fuck, I really should stop this stupid self doubt.

And I should also stop staying awake until 5 am in the future. I'm blurting out a lot and I can barely see the screen. Please ignore what doesn't make sense in the brain-dump above.

And while your eajik idea sounds interesting, I don't think that it's really very plausible. Mostly because it would make hir have to coordinate hir absence with Portal mafia. Hurting one game to help another =/= good strategy, I think. Though then again, what do I know?

Vifam's role has been taken by roband and the former can't inherit the sins of the latter. I doubt that Cheez would have suspected roband as scum just for Vifam's habits, and I doubt that roband would target him based on that fear.

slbub's been quite lurky, as I think we all know, but ze's closer to the town side of the spectrum. That would be some weird self-sabotage going on there if that's the point, even if ze has been lurking more recently. (That's more explained by the internet access situation anyways, not scumminess.)

So, tl:dr; I've no freaking clue. I'm starting to agree with scumdrum. I'll try checking out his posts once more, but it seems ridiculous.
boobies?

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

join #xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net for a queer friendly environment. join #archlinux-women and #archlinux-newbie on irc.freenode.net for women, queer, and newbie friendly communities
User avatar
NecklaceOfShadow
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm UTC
Location: In the alchemical aether

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:14 pm UTC

I don't have much more to say. I've made my point, I stand by it.

I would consider a slbub lynch, but at the moment, I'm happy where I am.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:12 pm UTC

Eajik has been modprodded. They will be modkilled or replaced at day end if they have not replied.

Votals: Cjdrum - 1 (Roband)

Just under 60 hours til deadline.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 pm UTC

Is anyone out there?
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 am UTC

I'm out here. I'm going to try and do some analysis. I might be a little more aggressive than usual to try and draw people out. :P

1 - Tinman42
Spoiler:
Doesn't overreact to Vifam's random vote, but then again the game hadn't started at this point.
Random speculation on flavour, thinks only two terminators is generous to town. Neutral.
More role-spec. Netural.
Asks for helpful contributions from Vifam. Slightly Townie.
Asks random questions to start conversation. Slightly Townie, because he genuinely appears to be looking for more activity etc.
Says he lacks internet as explanation for lack of activity.


Passive lurker, up to the mod whether he wants to replace or not. I believe slightly townie based on what he has posted.

3 - Vifam/Roband
Spoiler:
Random/joke vote on Tinman. Neutral.
Doesn't like 'running around in circles figuring out roles'. Neutral/very slightly scummy.
roband replaces.
Says it's frustrating that Vifam was the most suspicious person on page 1.
Suspicious of cjdrum for the weirdness with day 1 votes. Also meta concerns. Votes. Thinks cjdrum just didn't want to be the first on the lynch. Sticks to it under questioning. I also had the concerns with day 1 votes, but Robot_Raptor flipping town reduced them slightly. Will reserve judgment until after analysing cjdrum.
FOS at slbub for no content. Neutral, obviously depends on slbub's role. :P
Keeps trying to promote conversation. Townie.


Overall, slightly townie. Seems to be looking for scum, willing to put his opinion strongly out there and is sticking to his convictions.

4 - slbub
Spoiler:
Little bit of flavour-spec. Scummy because that's all there is in early game from him.
Thinks my analysis is decent, not too long and slightly vague in parts. Slightly scummy because it's an extremely vague comment, and he doesn't make any specific comments about the conclusions.
Random filler. Neutral, but scummy because it's not combined with content.
Says he doesn't have time to respond, but will try to in 30 hours time. Doesn't. Scummy.
Questions the Robot_Raptor lynch. Neutral.


Overall, anti-town acting player. The only thing holding me back here is his play on day 1 of Inception. See also infina, more_people, bantler, Robot_Raptor - he seems like one of those types of players who seems scummy no matter what. But he's who I'd vote for if nothing better comes along.

5 - Eajik
Spoiler:
A little bit of flavour-spec, disagreeing with slbub. Neutral.
Answers questions. Neutral.
Won't be here until next Saturday, ie four days ago.
Hasn't posted since. Lurker.


Lurker, probably going to be replaced.

6 - NecklaceOfShadow
Spoiler:
Flavour-spec. Neutral.
Says it's better to talk in order to work out who has what role. Neutral.
Asks if there's anything else we can do apart from flavour specuation. Neutral to slightly townie.
Answers questions. Is her first game. Neutral.
Asks about no-lynch, as most new players seem to.
Votes for Robot_Raptor based on considerations of avoiding a tie and also the Robot_Raptor could have defended himself, but didn't, as opposed to Vifam who may be genuinely absent. Slightly townie.
Looks at why scum might have killed DBC. Doesn't reach any real conclusions. Neutral.
Calls cjdrum scumdrum. :P


Overall, not enough good content to get a proper read. Seems to waver a little too much, would like to see some actual opinions or conclusions. Neutral.

7 - cjdrum
Spoiler:
Nothing on page 1.
Flavourblind, so stays out of flavourspec stuff.
Answers questions. Netural.
Points out agreement by eajik and me, right after he said it could be a scumtell. Neutral.
Analysis. Calls DBC slight active lurker. Slightly town for decent analysis.
Votes Vifam.
Votes for Robot_Raptor. Scummy for backflipping. Also, note that it came not only after my vote, but also after my statement that 'if Robot_Raptor comes up scum, I think we should be very suspicious of cjdrum, while Robot_Raptor coming up town would make me think cjdrum is likely town'. So if he knew Robot_Raptor was going to come up town, maybe he changed because of that.
Slight expansion of analysis and says what he wants from each person. Neutral to slightly townie.
A statement that slightly pings me - 'one of us is probably going to be next' (talking about me or him being nightkilled). That implies a certainty that I'm town that I'm not quite comfortable with, and could be interpreted as buddying up to a townie.
Fairly reasonable rebuttal of some of roband's points. No overreaction or OMGUS. Slightly townie.
Doesn't think there's anything to be taken out of DBC's analysis. Asks for more content from people. Neutral to slightly townie.


Overall - a very difficult one. I'm going to go with slightly scummy, because there's enough suspicious things there, but equally there are a few pro-town things as well.

So, from scummy to townie:
1. slbub
2. scumdrum
---eajik---- (goes on the neutral line as a complete lurker)
3. NecklaceofShadow
4. tinman
5. roband

I'm wary of lynching slbub because this was how he acted in inception. But he's acting much better in resistance, so I'm not so sure. If he can come up with some good content in the next 24 hours, I won't vote for him.

That would leave cjdrum. I don't want to lynch him because he's one of the three active players in the game, and therefore one of the people we have the most information on. So if not slbub, I'm going to have a tough choice between him and NecklaceofShadow. Probably would lean towards cjdrum though.
User avatar
webby
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 am UTC

I see that you haven't given me a whole lot of time but I will try to come up with some content in a read-through, curently I was looking at vifam and his postings so from there I will try to find out more.
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 am UTC

For the people that died, will you release the information of any special powers or no?
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby roband » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am UTC

slbub, it's not us who gives you time. It's you who keeps promising content and then bailing.

Vifam is gone. Analyse me! Are you actually reading the game?
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 pm UTC

I was just looking at his posts due to the fact of looking really scummy despite that you took his place doesn't make him innocent, I find you very hard to read so I thought about what the role was since the change of person, I'm not blaming you for things that he didn't do well but you might have inherited a role of scummieness, or am I wrong in any of the points?

second, yes I make promisses and occationally bail, it's not all that easy juggleing three games, on the other hand would you like to post nothing and no promisses and just lurk? That could easily be done.
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby slbub » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 pm UTC

roband wrote:But content hasn't been this game's strong point over the last 12 hours...


This helps your point?

roband wrote:
slbub wrote:Something to consider is how close to the movie is this? I has two terminators but as much as I see there isn't anything else that is different. if this is true enough there would be three Sara Connors and two other vanilla town, potentially. So who are the roles, that is, if they exist. It also surprises me that the kill for the treminators isn't more like 6 or 7, ya know due to their almost invincibility, oh well I'll take what ever advantage I can get.


I don't like this. It bugs me a lot...

...It's one comment from slbub which bugs me


is it the same comment that you quoted or was there anotherone that you were refering to?
User avatar
slbub
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm UTC
Location: wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests