Sweet, no one posted anything new so I don't have to update any of my thoughts to post. First of all sorry for the delay. I got notified that I could actually replace in at like the worst possible time. Luckily, I had been thinking of what I would say all day long at work! I even made a sortable spreadsheet with my thoughts about every post by every player...
OK, first of all I'll answer the discussion questions.
Ibarra wrote:A few questions to spark up discussion.
1) What alignment and role do you prefer, and why?
2) Would you lynch active lurkers? Passive lurkers?
3) When lynching, do you rely on your gut or your analysis?
4) Do you believe in meta?
1) I prefer vanilla roles, or roles with a passive or one shot ability, I don't have a preference for town or scum. I enjoy putting more time into analysis than thinking about who to use an ability on.
2) Personally I think active lurking is one of the biggest scum tells there is, especially for weaker players as they try to be active but at the same time not give away any information about their alignment. I think Passive lurkers tend to be vanilla town who just get overwhelmed trying to figure everything out, and they should be dealt with through mod prods/kills or be replaced if necessary. So yes to active lurkers, and no to passive lurkers.
3) When lynching I rely on a combination of gut and analysis, but usually tend to favor the analysis side.
4) Yes and no, I think meta is good to factor into a big player analysis, but I would never lynch someone solely on something like "I saw them say something similar in a game and they were scum so they must be scum again"
Now for current thoughts about the players people have been talking about and players I want to talk about.
First, Roband: At this point I think roband is town. If he really had no read then a lynch on cj was as good as any, and he felt that there was an added bonus of generating discussion with a vote, and getting some info about mod suggested targets. There are a couple problems with this. 1. I think there is plenty of stuff to look at to find scum at this point. and 2. (Which I think was already mentioned at some point) Mod wine should be treated like any other sort of wine, it should be ignored. If we lynch cj no matter what he flips it doesn't tell us anything about the next target.
Basically, I can see where roband is coming from with this vote, and his willingness to defend his actions is a towny move to me, as I feel like scum would have folded under the backlash to the suggestion, since scum would know the targets alignment already.
second, cjdrum AKA Scumdrum: Has a pretty low post count, few with much content, but he placed a vote on someone and backed it up with some reasoning, while I don't agree with it, it is enough to keep him right around neutral on my scumdar.
third, VectorZero: VZ has a low post count, and both of those are in a really weird format, however he claims that it is a genuine post restriction, and I know first hand how hard it is to post properly with those. Content wise the first post hints at some role information, and sort of implies that the post restriction is self imposed, and the second post he made said the restriction was real. It's a little inconsistent, but I don't think it is enough to go on for a lynch, but IGMEOY: VZ.
ninja'd: I look forward to a good content post from you. It will help clear some more things up for me.
fourth, Robot_raptor: Also, a low poster. started with an ok role/flavor spec post. my only issue with their first post, is they sort of talk about the ASHPD only being able to go to town and perhaps people should claim it, personally I think that is a very dangerous assumption to make, and a little suspicious. Their second and third posts are in a weird format, and they said it was for fun, however those posts don't have any content to them, and posting with a made up restriction is anti-town as it makes it harder to figure out what you are trying to say. so big FoS: on R_R. I would like to see them either drop the post restriction or include some good content in their posts if they insist on maintaining it. Either way though I would like to see more content.
Last, more_people: Their posts consist of absolutely nothing. There are some self votes, and mod votes, and urging people to vote the mod. I think the only content I've seen out of them is "I will lynch roband if he agrees to this" referring to some mod comment. So big FoS on m_p as well for contentless posting. I would like to see some content posts from them.
Conclusion: If it came down to a lynch right now I would prefer r_r or m_p because out of everyone they are adding the least to the discussion and there is no reason to keep them around, and out of the two I prefer m_p because none of his posts have any content, where r_r at least has 1 good post. I will give them time to respond, but when it comes down to the deadline I will be choosing one of those two.