[V] The Terminator Mafia - Town Win

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [V] The Terminator Mafia - Day 2 - On The Run

Postby webby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 pm UTC

One page is not good enough for a whole day. I expect more tomorrow!

But that leaves the question of who to lynch in 9 hours time.

I think for now I'm going to put my vote on slbub until he comes up with some real analysis. I'm worried about this, because it's the same type of thing as the Robot_Raptor lynch. If it was LYLO, I'd probably vote scumdrum, but I think it would be better for discussion and analysis tomorrow to be wrong about slbub than to be wrong about cjdrum and there's really not much between them. If slbub can prove me wrong by posting something useful stuff, I'll vote for cjdrum or, if cjdrum can convince me, NecklaceofShadow.

Vote: slbub

Don't worry about ties for now, I'll resolve them, if there are any, at about 5pm AEST (2 hours before deadline).
webby

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 am UTC

incase I don't satisfy your information needs,

vote: cjdrum
slbub

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:43 am UTC

I did a read through and I really have no idea what content there is in just a little over three pages, besides what hasen't already been discussed, therefore I want to declare my innocence, you people want me to declaqre my innocence (well I'm not sure about webby) so give me hint on what to talk about and then mabey we can get somewhere.

I'll make you and offer you can't refuse. 8) Well you might refuse it.
slbub

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 am UTC

slbub. That isn't "information", or anything. That's just a vote, and I don't see why you can't do anything that is likely to think you less scummy.

Because of this, I'm going to have to
vote: slbub

At first you were trying to contribute, but then once we called on you for not posting, you... I don't even know. You didn't do anything we suggested. You haven't been reading the thread. I don't know what else to do!

If you can do something, I'll consider changing my vote. Please.

Okay, ninja'd. Please post what you think of people. Say who you think is scummiest, towniest, who could possibly be scum with another person. Don't sit and go "I don't know what to do". Think about what the others have done in here.
webby, DBC, roband and I have posted analyses or thoughts of people - one has flipped town, and at least one of the other three is Town too.
:shock:
cjdrum

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 am UTC

Well to start with I would be all that suspiciuse of anyone who is thinking I am scummy so that means either two things, one you (roband, webby, and cj) have either been good little townies in trying to find the scum, I comend you if you are, by second you might be scum and there is a good possiblility one of you is, but I don't think so therefore...

unvote

you all seem to be doing your jobs well enough, and I have read through the thread several times and the one person I have really come to look at (who is still alive) who I think is scum is tinman, he starts out joking acts kinda lurky,posts some role speck and then goes missing, soon after he posts that he is in afganistan, or however you spell it, and then hasen't shown up again, yes I understand some people can be gone, and are forgetful for a while but shouldn't he have told us something of the like before he started to hardcore lurk, besides, and I don't mean to be a jerk in any manner what so ever, but I don't know how beliveable that is. still he has posted only a couple things and hasn't stayed intouch at all during day two. One other thing though the information/role spec, IMO, don't out-wiegh the joking posts and the lurkness.

which would you rather kill someone who promisses to post content and is trying to pull through or some one who promises to just post and barily pulls through, with little content might I add.
slbub

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:23 am UTC

Could we get some votals?
slbub

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 am UTC

slbub wrote:Could we get some votals?

I assume it's two votes for you, one for scumdrum.

4.5 hours until deadline.

I think Tinman has genuine reasons for not being online, while you could be posting a proper analysis, but you're not. Also I was more convinced of his towniness from the stuff he posted when he was around than I am by what you're posting now.
webby

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:35 am UTC

webby wrote:scumdrum

I'm not even alive in Portal any more!

YOU WERE NEVER IN PORTAL YOURSELF!
cjdrum

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 am UTC

cjdrum wrote:
webby wrote:scumdrum

I'm not even alive in Portal any more!

YOU WERE NEVER IN PORTAL YOURSELF!

Fine, it amused me, but you can be cjdrum again, maybe I should switch to roBAD instead? :P
webby

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:24 am UTC

Nobody there? 1.5 hours to deadline, anyone else going to vote? Still here to break ties for a little bit.
webby

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:01 am UTC

So deadline is in an hour? I messed up my timings, sorry.

Erm, slbub, you're typing words, English words, but I can't make heads or tail of what you're trying to say.
I want to lynch CJ, webby - I will start the next day by voting for CJ again (so if I die, do it for me :P), but slbub you're giving us nothing useful.

Unvote
Vote: slbub
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:27 am UTC

Sorry guys, Been busy at work.

Eajik and Necklace of Shadow will be modkilled by the end of the day, NoS by request, Eajik for not responding to the modprod.

Votals: slbub - 3 (Webby, Roband, Cjdrum)

Please capitalise the unvote. I almost missed it :P

30 minutes to deadline.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:29 am UTC

That means we're at MYLO.

Any chance of an extension, with respect to that?

Because if both those being modkilled are town, that leaves us with 2 scum and 2 town when we wake up tomorrow (if we mislynch).

If that's the case, I want to lynch CJ now.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:38 am UTC

Request Granted, since I barely have time to write the flavour. 4 Day extension.

New Deadline is at 7pm AEST Monday July 4th. That is 4 days and 24 minutes from now.

Tinman will also be modprodded
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 am UTC

roband wrote:That means we're at MYLO.

Any chance of an extension, with respect to that?

Because if both those being modkilled are town, that leaves us with 2 scum and 2 town when we wake up tomorrow (if we mislynch).

If that's the case, I want to lynch CJ now.

Possible we have different definitions, but it's actually LYLO. Unvote in case scum hammers slbub?
webby

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am UTC

4 days?! Ok, that's way more than I was expecting.

webby, I'm pretty confident about you here. I think we need to lynch CJ.

We're at 5 alive, but still technically need 4 to lynch.
Which means we need all 3 townies (who aren't gonna get modkilled) to be voting for the same person come deadline.

Now, if slbub and CJ are both scum that makes it difficult for us, as tinman isn't around.
Unless we can get replacements, maybe an extension isn't a good idea, maybe we should just end the game.
Inactivity is destroying town - it makes it impossible to play.

Scum can't claim a win when it magically turns into MYLO.

ninja: UNVOTE
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am UTC

Unvote
webby

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 am UTC

By my definition, with 5 alive and 2 scum.. ah shit yeah. It is LYLO. Crap.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:55 am UTC

It just became impossible for us to win if the two to be killed are town. We need 4 votes and town only has 3 without them.

Mod: Can you do something about this? Maybe lower the lynch threshold to half the players who aren't going to be modkilled?
webby

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 am UTC

Unless we get to deadline with the 3 town votes on the right person
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am UTC

Not A Raptor will be replacing Eajik.

Deadline is still 4 days.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am UTC

Well that helps. Thanks NaR. Looking forward to your thoughts
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 am UTC

Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 am UTC

Two modkills? ONE ON REQUEST?

Unvote: slbub

I have no freakin' idea. Lynching slbub was alright until we're at LYLO (barring an eajik or NoS terminator).

It could even be Tinman!

Argh, second guessing. With eajik and NoS gone, that leaves - Tinman, webby, roband, slbub. Out of those... ARGH!

Ninja'd by a NaR replace. If we lynched NoS, what would that imply? It'd mean we'd have only one death today. She was one of the more scummy people anyway, right?

I'm trying to think through whether or not that works. I'm seeing signs pointing good. Maximum of 1 Town death today. Even if NoS flips Terminator... We still got a Terminator. Right?

vote: NecklaceOfShadow
cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 am UTC

cjdrum
NecklaceOfShadow
NotARaptor
roband
slbub
Tinman42
webby

NOS is dying at the end of the day. That leaves 2S v 4T. If we lynched wrong on top of that, it's 2S v 3T going into night, in which case we lose (barring Doc protect). If we lynched right on top of that, it's 1S v 4T - good.

If we lynch NoS, there's definitely another day, which would be LyLo, or if NoS is scum then it's 1v4.

Am I getting these numbers right? It doesn't seem to add up for me.
cjdrum

Postby Gopher of Pern » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:16 am UTC

Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 am UTC

Code: Select all
NoS dies
NoS is Town:
    We lynch scum:
        1v4
        1 Day from LYLO
    We lynch Town:
        2v3
        LOSS
    We lynch no one:
        2v4
        MYLO
NoS is scum:
    We lynch scum:
        WIN
    We lynch Town:
        1v4
        1 Day from LYLO
    We lynch no one:
        1v5
        1 Day from MYLO

Lynching can mean either:
- 1 Day from LYLO: 6/12
- Loss: 5/12
- Win: 1/12

Not lynching can mean either:
- MYLO: 1/2
- 1 Day from MYLO: 1/2

Lynching is a flip of a coin and a roll of a die, with only one good outcome from 12. Not lynching seems better here. To me. But my head is probably done in from the threat of double modkill. Check this please!
cjdrum

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 am UTC

cjdrum - pretty scummy
NecklaceOfShadow - about to get modkilled
NotARaptor - waiting for comments
slbub - lurk-extreme. Seems to be trying more recently but still not making much sense
Tinman42 - inactive
webby - townie

So there's still 7 of us technically. I was voting slbub before because I wanted a certain lynch.
I still want rid of CJ ASAP.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm UTC

cjdrum wrote:
Code: Select all
NoS dies
NoS is Town:
    We lynch scum:
        1v3, D3
        MYLO
    We lynch Town:
        2v2, D3
        LOSS
    We lynch no one:
        2v3, D3
        LYLO
NoS is scum:
    We lynch scum:
        WIN
    We lynch Town:
        1v3, D3
        MYLO
    We lynch no one:
        1v4, D3
        1 Day from LYLO

Lynching can mean either:
- MYLO D3: 6/12
- LOSS D3: 5/12
- WIN: 1/12

Not lynching can mean either:
- LYLO D3: 1/2
- LYLO D4: 1/2

Fixed.

So it's a gamble - we can either play it safe and not lynch anyone, or we can go high stakes and lynch someone.

I'd definitely prefer it to not be the high stakes option. There's too much uncertainty buzzing around, and only one correct pick will win it for us... Assuming that NoS does flip scum.
In short: too many possibilities and variables for my liking.
cjdrum

Postby Not A Raptor » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:18 pm UTC

Down to business. Since the thread is still so small, I'm going to do a complete rundown of this game.

The Game So Far

GoP: Original post

Everybody: confirmations and questions for GoP

GoP: Day one start!

DaBigCheez (Confirmed Connor): Rolespec. It makes sense. However, it is also obvious logical conclusions based on the setting of the game. Still, it's content.

Tinman42: Agrees with DBC about most rolespec, proposes crazy Terminator shenanigans that are unlikely to be in play in a newbie game. Neutral post.

NecklaceOfShadow (Lurking and likely to be modkilled soon): Disagrees with DBC's rolespec, switches some roles around to better fit the flavor, using reasoning that might not occur to somebody immediately. Points out the bastardry of the proposed shenanigans. +1 on the Sliding Scale of Townieness to Scumminess for good contributions.

DBC: Simple defense of his rolespec based on the actual roles of the characters, rather than NOS's logic based on what they knew in the story. This is a short post.

T42: Acknowledgment of the outlandish nature of his previous post. States that it isn't important to know which role goes with which rolename. +1 on the SSTS for throwing the red herring in the trash where it belongs.

DBC: Agreement. Seems to think roleclaiming will wind up being necessary. Is probably correct.

VifamRoband: Complains about rolespec. Wants to get to the meat of the game. Forgets to bring home the bacon (The content, to be less obtuse). -1 on the SSTS for shutting discussion down without providing an alternative.

DBC: "Rolespec has the purpose of providing content which can drift into new content!" This post has the scent of truthiness.

T42: Is even more blunt about disagreeing with Vifam. Heavy criticism could be the beginnings of suspicion. It could also be a Terminator's attempt to tar a townie for a mistake. Then again, that could merely be something implied by the bluntness of the post. I am susceptible to tone in my register of townieness/scumminess, even though some people just play aggressively. Adjusting for the bias, this post still seems neutral to me.

NOS: Just wants to talk. Just wants to talk and find out who has which role. ... ? -1 on the SSTS for vagueness allowing the possibility of searching for power roles with the intent to get them killed.

DBC: Obvious post pointing out NOS's error.

Webby: Rolespec concerning the town/scum ratio implies that individual townies are weak. This may be a correction for inexperience. This is a newbie game, after all. May also imply scum is powerful individually. +1 for original content.

slbub: Rolespec, says there are two town power roles (something already heavily suspected) without saying it by saying how many are likely vanilla. A bit ramble-y. SSTS is neutral.

eajik (That's me!): Gives a quick summary of the rolespec as it stands+ suggesting Sarah Connor (The important one) may be a power role, while stumbling over the rambliness of slbub. The SSTS does not weigh in on its operator, due to bias overload.

slbub: Clarifies, asks for votals. Neutral/active lurking. Moar content needed. -1

cjdrum: Rhetorical question. Reminds of the vote that was voted before the day began. Flavorblindness leads to lack of content. Could easily have weighed in on strategy. "I promise to say stuff!" -1, why bother saying anything on day one if you have nothing to bring to the table?

GoP: No votes, guise.

NOS: "Pretty happy." Asks for a new line of discussion due to no real results coming from rolespec. Neutral.

Robot_Raptor (Confirmed Rease): Hints at being Rease. Generally unhelpful. A reminder to everybody that even townies can be a liability, if they don't take their posts seriously.

DBC: "Unhelpful, dood." Jocular attitude, hints at wanting RR to shape up a bit.

RR: More jokes. Unhelpful.

T42: "GoP is scum, lol?" Conversation starter. +1 to the SSTS for stimulating conversation!

DBC: Snarky comment about current line of conversation + Answering questions + New question designed to guilt lurkers into poking their heads out of the sand. +1 Cool Points for lurker bashing.

cjdrum: Answers questions. Neutral.

webby: Answers questions. Concerned about lategame information. At this point, I am too. Neutral.

NOS: Answers first three questions. Neutral.

NaR (Really eajik, but I'm him now.): Answers the questions.

cjdrum: This post is now diamonds! Is put off by all the dittoing and seconding. +1 for rooting out a funny juxtaposition of answers that made webby and eajik look like lurkers. Now, we all know that eajik had to be replaced, so that is to be expected.

slbub: "I don't have time to answer the questions right now. Webby, you're funny, but play nice." No real content. Could easily have delayed the post a bit so that he could actually add content, but w/e. Neutral.

eajik: "I c wut we did thar. My bad. Also, I'm going to be gone for a while..."

GoP: Deadline announcement

NOS: Answers the fourth question. Asks about the no-lynch. Just for the record, the no lynch is poor strategy unless certain conditions exist. Generally, you want as much information as possible. Not lynching takes away some information that would have been revealed. Also, it makes it statistically less likely to lynch scum the next day, as 2/7>2/8. Now, that all changes when at MYLO. In this case, refusing to lynch allows you to get to the next day without risking and instantaneous loss. In addition, scum will claim another life. This raises the chances to hit scum with a lynch. 1/3>1/4. This post is neutral.

webby: First analysis of the game. Covers a lot of ground that I have just retread, but misses a fair bit of it. Is lead by analysis against RR and Vifam. RR and Vifam who, by this point, are passive lurkers. Attempt to shove the lynch onto dead weight? Hm. +1 for analysis. Would have been +2 but for the doubt.

cjdrum: "Moar content incoming. Soonish." At least you're letting us know. Neutral.

slbub: Computer troubles and confused by webby's out of game reference. Neutral.

cjdrum: Short reply. Neutral.

slbub: Short reply. Neutral.

slbub: Small talk! "How's your summer going to be?" ... I... What? (The SSTS explodes and has to be replaced.) The replacement SSTS awards slbub a neutral post because it's an attempt to stimulate activity, although completely off topic. Oh, and he was waiting for analyses instead of writing his own.

cjdrum: Analysis and scale. Notable for placing our dead townies on the scummy half of the scale. -1 for bad prognostication. +1 for putting other people who I consider townie up high. Neutral overall.

GoP: "Damnit, slbub! I'm stuck in the frozen bowels of misery! No summer talk for you!" Also, reminder that the deadline still exists.

webby: Webby has earned the achievement: Quadruple Postmaster, King of the Mailbox! Votes for RR (not a negative due to his godawful playstyle), urges people to vote. +1 for beating the dead horse that is this game. Try as you might, you cannot get it to move of its own accord.

cjdrum: Votes RR. -1. "This player is now a waffle!" Saying one thing and doing another.

DBC: A rundown of the players, a vote for Vifam.

NOS: Hammers RR after struggling with the choice between him and Vifam.

GoP: Day is now night!

GoP: Vifam is now Roband!

Roband: "I am now ready!"

GoP: DBC is now dead! ( :( )

Roband: Alignment request + suspicion of slbub due to active lurking. Can't say I disagree. +1

webby: "More analyses!" I'm trying, you hear? Also, antagonization of cjdrum. Neutral.

NOS: "analysis soon someday" Neutral.

cjdrum: Fixed his scale to account for changes, gave a list of things he wants to see from people. I'm torn. On the one hand, this is a newbie game and instruction of new players is important. However... you don't simply tell scum how to improve their lot in the game. Neutral. I guess. Promises to look through DBC's posts for clues.

Roband: Criticism of slbub, vote for cjdrum. A note: cjdrum has been making long posts and calling it macaroni analysis, but there hadn't been much to analyze yet. Most of the posts I'm poring over are lacking in content! How do you analyze that? On the other hand, makes sense with the flip flopping. "He's scummy, but it's bad to vote for him, but I'll vote for him anyway!" +1 Roband. -1 cjdrum. +10 SSTS.

webby: Suspicious of cjdrum and (hilariously) the Player Formerly Known as Vifram. Doesn't really trust anybody. Promises to do things about 1-2 days away from the deadline in the interest of giving the new players a chance. Neutral.

Roband: "I am Vifram."

webby: Doesn't suspect Roband. (It was based on inactivity, after all.) Neutral. Mostly due to ignoring the flipflop.

Roband: *gives reasoning for suspicion, it is sound* +1

webby: *confused* Neutral

Roband: Explanation that scum don't want to be seen as leading the bandwagon. All in all +2 for activity.

cjdrum: +2 for solid defense.

webby: Acceptance of defense, waiting for new players. Neutral for passivity, though it can't really have been helped.

Roband: Doesn't buy the defense due to odd timing. +1 for reasonable approach.

cjdrum: "I don't have the best control over my schedule. There was an appointment and my parents like surprises." If he knew this stuff was likely, though... Couldn't he have just decided to let people know about it? Neuuuutral.

slbub: "I won't be here, oh and you're wrong." ? -1 for brevity his first post of the day.

T42: "Sorry I wasn't here. There's a war in the way." Neutral.

Roband: Wants content out of slbub. FoS declared. +1 for keeping the thread alive, one player at a time.

slbub: "Lurkiness is not necessarily scumminess. Also, what's with analysis?" Neutral.

webby gives slbub explanations. +1.

slbub: Thanks. Neutral. No content again and again. However, my impression is that slbub would make horrible scum.

webby: "Don't thank me, play the game!"

cjdrum: Wants more content, learned nothing from trawling through DBC's posts. Explains why. +1.

NOS: Very confused by DBC and the kill situation. Agrees with cjdrum. Lots of explanation why. +1.

Roband: might lynch slbub. neutral.

GoP: 60 hours left, eajik modrpdded, votals.

Roband: "... hello?" neutral.

Webby: Analysis. Leans toward wanting to lynch cjdrum or, if he must, slbub. +1. The analysis is generally on the money, despite being much much shorter than this.

slbub: Doesn't... seem... to... try... Every post is just kicking the ball down the road. Argh. Still, I don't think he'd be good at playing scum at all. He'd have lost by... hold that thought.

Roband: "Your fault, and I'm Vifram"

slbub: "You're hard to read and Vifram's mistakes reflect his role, your role" +1 to slbub for making a point that everybody seemed to have missed. It's amazing.

webby votes for slbub, but apprehensive. Neutral.

slbub votes for cjdrum. -2 for being obtuse and for shades of sinister intent by that offer we might refuse.

cjdrum votes for slbub, begs for slbub to actually play the game. +2 towniness. He's actually trying with all his might to get things working right.

slbub offers a short summary and asks for votals.

webby gives the votals, the deadline, and defense of tinman. +1.

cjdrum (off topic and irate): Doesn't want to be called "scumdrum" any more.

webby: (nothing, really.) neutral.

Roband votes slbub.

GoP: Deadline soon.

Roband bargains for more time! +3 towniness!

GoP: Super effective. You get 4 days.

Roband: "We need to lynch cjdrum... *frustrated* Maybe we should just call the whole thing off..."

And the rest is a bit of a mess. Look, I'm short on goddamn sleep. I'm irate. And it looks like I've replaced into a hopeless situation, where half of the active players wants every other active player dead. >.<

Here's how it works. You're all ranked by how many points you have. Doing something explicitly scummy takes points away. Explicitly town, and you get points. If you do neither, or you lurk, or simply fail to accrue points, you'll eventually fall behind...

Sliding scale of towniness to scumminess:

TOWN
Roband (+9)
webby (+6)
cjdrum (+2)
Tinman42 (+2) (Largely absent, thus, low number)
Necklace of Shadow (+1) (Largely absent, thus, low number)
slbub (-3) (Note: Incompetent. I doubt he'd last long as scum)
SCUM

This post was hours in the making. I'm gonna go pass out now. Kthxbai.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
Not A Raptor

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm UTC

NaR, you point out that it's important for people to judge me for how my predecessor acted, but that's crap.

Slbub could be replaced now and go from one of my lynch-targets to the towniest player in the game. He's not been scummy, but very inactive and seemingly anti-town.

I don't like that you've given CJ +2 for a 'good defence'. Defences are easy, it's making the mistake in the first place which is how we catch scum.
If we take that away from him, he has a balance of 0, which makes him second most scummy for you, after someone who is about to be modkilled.

So we should lynch him, IMO.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 pm UTC

What is all this crap, roband? If this weren't a Vanilla game, I would seriously think that you were a Lyncher or something, seizing any and all opportunities to get anybody to vote for me.

NaR, please excuse me while I pass out myself.
And we're back.
Wow. Now do that for Wizardry :lol:

One problem: The point you make about macaroni? You already deducted a point off me for that.
cjdrum: Votes RR. -1. "This player is now a waffle!" Saying one thing and doing another.

And 10 points to roband for picking up on it?

Anyway.

I think it looks good. Well done, sir.
cjdrum

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 pm UTC

CJ, with modkills/inactivity, it's important that we lynch scum.

I'm most certain about you. Next on my list was slbub, but Not-an-Eajik is creeping up there.
It's a nice way to analyse the game, but very easy to lean towards/against certain players in all the noise.

And I think NaR leaned favourably towards CJ. And because I'm almost certain CJ is scum, that looks bad on NaR.

Hence, my continued pressure on you.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm UTC

Actually...

I think you're going a leettle bit not-hard on roband. He says, "Extension please?" and gains 3 points. +11 for saying I flip-flopped. Reinstates, gets an extra point. Extra point for "keeping the thread alive" - something webby was doing a thousand times over? Also, the fact of changing from "I might vote slbub" to voting slbub, to [exag] "I HATE CJ KILL HIM" [/exag] has been overlooked.

Ninja'd by roband: You had scummy reads on both of the potential modkillees, yet you assumed that they were both Town and that it would be LYLO.
Can you please tell me now: Why is NOS all of a sudden not scum?
cjdrum

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm UTC

CJ - but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter how many point I receive from NaR.
Pick your towniest person of the game please? If it's not me, I'll be surprised. If I'm not in the top two, I will call you crazy.
Therefore, the amount of points I received doesn't matter.

When did I have a scummy read on eajik? NoS is a difficult one, but I think there are scummier players.
I think you are the scummiEST player, therefore anyone associating themselves with you gets them an insta-jump up my lynch-list.

I want to get this right. If we lose because of inactivty, I'll be really pissed.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:33 pm UTC

Hah! Yes it does.
NotARaptor pretty much wrote:roband: He is Town furrealz, 9x!
webby: Ze's really Town too
cjdrum: He's more than 0

The points aren't the most important thing anyway - it's just that NaR is taking everything good you do, magnifying it, and ignoring anything else that's left behind. We already know that you're pretty town-seeming; we don't need to be told you are Town furrealz, 9x, again.

The more I look at it, the more it just looks like a distraction from the (possible) lack of real content in that post. Colours and italics and stuff seem to do that to me.
cjdrum

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:39 pm UTC

So you think NaR is scummy as well?

Webby, where do you fit in with this? I want to see how NaR responds to this, but if CJ is happy to vote for NaR, then I think we might have a new lynch target..
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Not A Raptor » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:42 pm UTC

I don't know why I'm still awake. I guess I'll respond to the responses. Hopefully, it won't take hours.

Roband... I'm not judging you or your playstyle. I'm judging your role, which remains a constant, no matter how many replacements roll through. Factoring in the actions of your predecessor seems like a no-brainer to me. By the way, Roband getting 9 points was no mistake. I actually do believe him to be town. Would he have tried to have the deadline extended if he were scum? I should think that he would not have, especially as he was just as frustrated with the prior lynch target as everybody else and the game could have ended then and there.

The point system was a guide, a relative measure. And a vehicle for jokes on occasion. ("+10 SSTS"? That was a joke. The points were awarded to the points system itself as if it were a player. I didn't think I'd have to explain that one, but there you are.) But mostly a guide. A guide that became less and less effective as the game progressed due to the different levels of activity displayed. You'll see at the end that I'm making excuses for the lurkers (While also saying that slbub would probably be incapable of playing proper scum.) By the way, the numbers don't matter - it's the numbers relative to each other.

cjdrum is actually the one I'd like to see lynched.

Perhaps we should all get some sleep now and avoid picking up some misconceptions triggered by bad phrasing triggered by a lack of sleep. :/ Good night morning day.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
Not A Raptor

Postby cjdrum » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:49 pm UTC

roband wrote:So you think NaR is scummy as well?

Webby, where do you fit in with this? I want to see how NaR responds to this, but if CJ is happy to vote for NaR, then I think we might have a new lynch target..

Y'know, I was just thinking the same thing...

But then I thought, "Hey - 5/12 chance of loss, 1/2 chance of LYLO". I don't think a lynch today is the best idea.
Tomorrow? Sure! Just not now.
cjdrum

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 pm UTC

Sorry, explain those fractions? I don't get it
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia