The Resistance 3 - Reset?

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: The Resistance 3 - (0-1, Spies) - Second Mission Setup

Postby slbub » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 am UTC

sorry, no, wait, Uber sorry I was just not thinking, or for tyhat matter reading
slbub

Postby slbub » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 am UTC

some thing else...
Aardvarki wrote:

Either we have 4 (nearly) confirmed townies {Lataro, Aardvarki, webby, slbub} who we can run #2/3 and add any one for #4
OR we have 3 (confirmed) scum out of four players {Misnomer, Lataro, {roband or m_p}}, or {Misnomer, Aardvarki, {roband or m_p}}, meaning the remaining six are 5/1. From those six, we're guaranteed to pass #4.

where do you fit in with either town or scum and the same with Lataro, or were you just throwing speculation of the both of yous guys? If so why include lataro, where did he fit in with teams?
slbub

Postby webby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 am UTC

slbub wrote:some thing else...
Aardvarki wrote:

Either we have 4 (nearly) confirmed townies {Lataro, Aardvarki, webby, slbub} who we can run #2/3 and add any one for #4
OR we have 3 (confirmed) scum out of four players {Misnomer, Lataro, {roband or m_p}}, or {Misnomer, Aardvarki, {roband or m_p}}, meaning the remaining six are 5/1. From those six, we're guaranteed to pass #4.

where do you fit in with either town or scum and the same with Lataro, or were you just throwing speculation of the both of yous guys? If so why include lataro, where did he fit in with teams?

He was proposing that the powers be used to determine that if you're town, then Aardvarki and Lataro are also town.
webby

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:29 am UTC

Any massive objections to the following?

Overhear to webby, and I give myself Open Up to slbub. The third I'm waiting on mod response, but it doesn't seem that useful.
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby more_people » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 am UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Any massive objections to the following?

Overhear to webby, and I give myself Open Up to slbub. The third I'm waiting on mod response, but it doesn't seem that useful.

Don't give any powers/info to webby or slbub at the moment 'cause they could have been spies who choose to pass the mission. Give them to any of weiyaoli, Aardvarki or Lataro.
more_people

Postby jayhsu » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:To clarify on Opinion Maker, by vote publically, does this only pertain to voting for mission accept/reject which they will have to do publically?

Only the team approval phase is affected by this power (ACCEPT/REJECT), not the mission phase (PASS/FAIL).
-Jay
jayhsu

Postby webby » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 pm UTC

more_people wrote:
weiyaoli wrote:Any massive objections to the following?

Don't give any powers/info to webby or slbub at the moment 'cause they could have been spies who choose to pass the mission. Give them to any of weiyaoli, Aardvarki or Lataro.

What sort of logic is that? I agree that it's not impossible that slbub or me are spies, but what what makes us more likely to be spies than weiyaoli, Aardvarki or Lataro?
webby

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 am UTC

I agree, people that passed a mission are, IMO, less likely to be spies than people who weren't even in the mission.
slbub

Postby Aardvarki » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:53 am UTC

I agree with webby. It's far more likely that there's scum amongst {Lataro, weiyaoli, Aardvarki} than amongst {webby, slbub}. I also think it's even more likely that there's scum amongst {BoomFrog, VectorZero}. I'm 100% okay with webby getting Overheard Convo.

I'd be fine with either weiya or myself taking Open Up, and I agree slbub is the one to Open Up to.

We can't really do much until those get handed out and used, though!
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab
Aardvarki

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 am UTC

I wish I had time for a proper analysis but I don't, so I have to say I agree, give webby Overhear and give Open up to Arrdvarki or weiyaoli. Oh wait, you can't give it to yourself weiyaoli... Slight FoS that you are trying to offer something only a townie would do but then later you can be all "oops I can't do that". Only slight FoS because my scumdar is broken. I recommend Aardvarki or Lataro gets openup and opens up to sblub. Lataro because of his terrible suggestion D1 to do Mission 4 right away, and his terrible suggestion today to use both powers on only two people. We'll talk about which mission after we get results.

Aardvarki wrote:BF, if you'll accept me Opening Up to slbub as proof of my towniness, Why not give me Overheard as well to use on Lataro? The worst that could happen is I'm a spy and no information is gained about Lataro.
Yeah, and that worst case is worth not taking the risk. It's best if these two powers involve four different people to maximize the amount of info we get. If we catch two more spies we can have 3 confirmed townies.

@Roband and More_People: Using open up on one of you would only at best confirm one townie, it won't catch another spy, he's already caught. Catching a spy is better then finding town, so it's not worth using the powers on you two yet, sorry. If it's any consolation you may soon have people joining you in the 50/50 spy category.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Aardvarki » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:09 am UTC

BoomFrog, when you say "If we catch two more spies we can have 3 confirmed townies.", wouldn't we have five confirmed townies? Catching two more spies means we've caught all four spies, after all.

Also, good catch on the "leader can't use powers on himself" - I didn't realize that myself. I'll gladly take the Open Up and go on slbub - maybe then you'll stop disagreeing with everything I say just because you think I'm a spy...
-Aa
Aardvarki

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:22 am UTC

Aardvarki wrote:BoomFrog, when you say "If we catch two more spies we can have 3 confirmed townies.", wouldn't we have five confirmed townies? Catching two more spies means we've caught all four spies, after all.

Also, good catch on the "leader can't use powers on himself" - I didn't realize that myself. I'll gladly take the Open Up and go on slbub - maybe then you'll stop disagreeing with everything I say just because you think I'm a spy...

I think you've been pretty resistance, I'd prefer it used on Lataro.
webby

Re: The Resistance 3 - (0-0) - First Mission Run

Postby VectorZero » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:23 am UTC

roband wrote:Care to admit that more_people is as well? And that VZ only gave him the power so that he could 'out' me?

Only posting because my other games are slow, but I am still annoyed about the above.

I accept you're annoyed, but, if you're town and m_p is scum, when assigning powers I had no way of knowing this. When analysing any motivation behind my actions, look at all 3 powers I assigned, not just the one you're privy to. It's highly unlikely I gave all three powers to spies.

I agree with the current plan. Sounds good.
Van wrote:Fireballs don't lie.
VectorZero

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:29 am UTC

Aardvarki wrote:BoomFrog, when you say "If we catch two more spies we can have 3 confirmed townies.", wouldn't we have five confirmed townies? Catching two more spies means we've caught all four spies, after all.

I think he means if we receive two SPY results from the plot powers, that would mean 1 of (X,Y) and 1 of (A,B) are spies, giving us 3 confirmed resistance (the people who are not roband/more_people, Misnomer, A/B, X/Y)

Plot powers distributed. Good catch on the can't distribute them to myself rule, the change to Open Up which got changed back again and the suggestions for either Aarvarki/me to receive the Open Up confused me.
weiyaoli

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:32 am UTC

Just like More_people, catching a spy only narrows it down to between yourself and another. So three caught spies means 6 questionable people. Monsomer is truly revealed means three confirmed townies, and three pairs of spy/town. That's our ideal outcome here.

I'll trust webby's judgment since I don't trust my own right now. Lets ask Lataro to open up to sblub.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 am UTC

Ninja'd. Oh well. Who did you give open up to?
BoomFrog

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:36 am UTC

Overhear: webby
Open Up: Lataro
Opinion: VZ
weiyaoli

Postby jayhsu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:28 pm UTC

Plot powers have been distributed. No one is holding any plot powers I believe, as they have all been immediate-use.

VectorZero receives Opinion Maker, and must vote first and publicly.
-Jay
jayhsu

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 pm UTC

Let's get the results quickly please; the deadline for team proposal is on Friday. Awaiting results from slbub and webby.
weiyaoli

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:50 pm UTC

Have investigated VectorZero, waiting for a modly response.
webby

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 pm UTC

I will refrain from conjecturing on teams until results are in because I don't want to tell scum how to influence our decision.

However, it's probably for the best to let more_people or perhaps even Roband officially make the team. Anyone got a clue which one is actually town? I'm leaning more_people as town because Roband has been too desperate to get on a team personally, but I'm not sure if that's a significant tell. We want to be able to push past Misnomer tomorrow relatively safely.
BoomFrog

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 pm UTC

When the hell have I been 'desperate' to get on a team?

I've been 'very pissed off' at being automatically excluded from the entirety of the game, because of a scum move, and I've expressed that. But I've made no serious attempt to be placed on a team.

Boomfrog is scum, IMO. Such a scummy line from him there.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

I was right! VectorZero is scum!

So I guess I'm not going on any missions soon, but at least we know that there's only one spy out of slbub, Lataro, Boomfrog, Aardvarki and weiyaoli.

And for the record, I lean towards roband as town, but I don't think it really matters - don't think they should go on team except mission 4. I can completely understand his frustration though.
webby

Postby roband » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm UTC

So, as far as I'm concerned (and said before) more_people and VZ are scum.

In fact, that could go some way to clearing me. VZ gave m_p his power, m_p 'copped' me...

weiy gave webby his power, webby copped VZ and found him to be scum

so, either VZ AND m_p are scum, or weiy, webby AND me are scum.

finding 2 scum is more likely than finding 3, right?

I have no idea if that's actual logic, or just easy for me because I know a fact which you guys don't.
roband
Psychedelic Shrub

Postby Misnomer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:12 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:We want to be able to push past Misnomer tomorrow relatively safely.

Lol, have fun with that. :lol:
Misnomer

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm UTC

Got a response from mod, Lataro opened up to me, and he is a spy, :)

no team for him :D
slbub

Postby Aardvarki » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:59 pm UTC

webby copping VZ as scum means that we now have our scum narrowed into the following groups:
{webby, VZ} (I personally lean towards webby being the townie here, given my previous suspicions of VZ/BF)
{Misnomer} (Known and outed scum)
{roband, m_p} (I'm not sure how I feel one way or the other on this one)

That means, out of the group {Aardvarki, Lataro, slbub, BoomFrog, weiyaoli} there is at MOST one scum. There is no possible way for there to be more, because we are CERTAIN that each of the three groups above has at least one spy in it. Using this group of 5, we have a guaranteed pass on mission #4.

What this also means, is that if slbub says that Lataro is town, we KNOW that Lataro is town (though that does not mean that slbub is also town), because only another spy would lie and say that a spy was actually town. In fact, we can, with 100% certainty, trust any town-cop given to us by any member of this group of 5 on any other member of this group of 5. ("spy" cops, on the other hand, we cannot).

I say we send {Aardvarki, Lataro, slbub, BoomFrog, weiyaoli} on Mission #4 with roband as the leader. This way we get a guaranteed success and slbub gets the plot powers for the next mission.

(ninja'ed by slbub - Oh boy. Time to do some thinking!)
-Aa
Aardvarki

Postby slbub » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:13 pm UTC

So according to this the only three people that are cleared are BF, wei, and aardvarki.

The next best I would say would be webby, roband, and myself.

Since we haven't really heard from M_P and you guys can decide whatever about the rest of us.
slbub

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:33 pm UTC

Okay, this means that the following people are confirmed resistance:
Aardvarki, weiyaoli and BoomFrog

If we do Missions 2 or 3, we will either pass or fail and confirm one further resistance and spy (which will take us to 2-2 as 4 town will pass the other 4 man mission and it doesn't matter who else we take for mission 4 which needs two failures).

If we do Mission 4, we will either pass, or fail and confirm two spies. (Or we could definitely pass by taking a pair of them into the mission). From 1-1 we would have to do either 4 man. And the above scenario applies, we would probably reach 2-2 with 4 confirmed town/possibly 5 depending on how the PP pan out.

Therefore, we are currently in a very good position missions wise, and need to watch the 5 rejections more.

Players List:
1. roband
2. slbub
3. Misnomer
4. Aardvarki
5. Lataro
6. VectorZero
7. webby
8. BoomFrog
9. weiyaoli
<----- Current Mission Leader
10. more_people

Currently, it's way too much of a leap from me to Aardvarki, so we can't get it so that Aardvarki is the next team leader. Out of the other plausible mission leaders, (roband/more_people) currently m_p is lurking hard. Are you still there m_p? I don't think it would be catastrophic if more_people or roband have to distribute plot powers, if they distribute awfully we effectively confirm another spy.

Spoiler:
Mod, you may want to change the wording of this:

Strong Leader x2
1 Time Use
The player who receives this plot power may become the Leader. If this is used on a mission that has not yet had a team proposed, that player also receives the normal two plot powers to distribute. Two of these may not be played consecutively. This power may only be used immediately during or after a mission for use on the next mission (before plot cards have been distributed), or on a mission that has already been rejected once (before a team has been proposed).

Underlined mistake.

Here are the PP we have remaining for reference:
Strong Leader X2
No Confidence X3
Opinion Maker
Keeping Eye
Take Responsibility
Establish Confidence
weiyaoli

Postby jayhsu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 pm UTC

That plot power has been amended.
-Jay
jayhsu

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 pm UTC

Wow, irony of ironies, I couldn't have fucked up more yesterday but at least it apparently gave us a lot of discussion to scum hunt off of today. Yeah, that'll make me feel better.

Anyway, we should obviously do mission 4 next it's a guaranteed pass with: BF, Wei, Aardvarki + Webby, VZ. We know there is exactly one spy on the mission so two fails is impossible. We should let more_people or Roband distribute powers tomorrow, which one do you guys think is town?

If we get one more good plot power to confirm one more town then we auto-win. We also win if we can guess one town out of the 6 mystery people, and we get two tries.

Also everyone who is town: send in a PM now saying you preapprove the above team for mission 4. The only way I see us still losing this game is if we fuck up the 5 rejections thing because of people forgetting to vote.
BoomFrog

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:52 pm UTC

When on Friday is the deadline?

I'll still be on for an hour or so, but I'm a little worried that I'll miss the deadline tomorrow if I don't propose it today. I'm happy with the team you suggested, it doesn't really make too much difference which pairing we choose to go on the mission right now.
weiyaoli

Postby jayhsu » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 pm UTC

Deadline is 11 AM EST.
-Jay
jayhsu

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 pm UTC

Fair warning, I plan to propose mission around 8 AM GMT (or earlier/later depending on when I wake up). Please send in accepts for the above team (spies please send in rejects :p) so we don't get any auto rejects.
weiyaoli

Postby Lataro » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 pm UTC

just run you three, do M2 and M3, then add one other, do M4, and end this game.

Auto-accept vote here for everything for now on please.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:just run you three, do M2 and M3, then add one other, do M4, and end this game.

We could, if M2 and 3 aren't 4 man and M4 5 man.
weiyaoli

Postby more_people » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 pm UTC

I had been lurking because there wasn't much to comment on until now. Send you the three confirmed plus anyone else as spies can't hope to fail M2 and M3 without outing themselves. Confirm on whatever team is chosen.
With the plot power distitribution, I would prefer if I sent out the powers but the choice is yours. Do what you think is best for the resistance.
more_people

Postby webby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:
Lataro wrote:just run you three, do M2 and M3, then add one other, do M4, and end this game.

We could, if M2 and 3 aren't 4 man and M4 5 man.

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Lataro's post was an 'I give up', with a hint of frustration?

Just put either me or slbub on mission 2, it will pass, do the same for mission 3 and add someone random for mission 4 (I recommend roband, since he's been so desperate to get on a team :P)

At this stage, slbub and myself would have to have been consistently playing against our own faction to not be resistance.

If you're still worried, do mission 4 first, and I guess that's the technically correct thing to do. You can put anyone you like on it with the three confirmed townies apart from Misnomer, because it will either be a guaranteed pass, or the two spies will fail, giving us two more confirmed townies.
webby

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 am UTC

The game is 95% over, town wins, and Lataro did pretty much just say, "I'm a spy and we lose". But technically we could pass mission 4, then pick the wrong person for mission 2 and fail, pass mission 3 then need to pick someone for mission 5 and screw up again and fail. For town to lose we would have to pick a spy over town on a 50/50 twice, AND get no new info from the next nine plot powers. The game is essentially over, we got 5 really strong plot powers very early which was nice.

If all the spies send a PM to the mod conceding the game can we end this early without going through the formalities?
BoomFrog

Postby Aardvarki » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 am UTC

Well, since Lataro's response is a pretty scummy acceptance of defeat, why don't we let slbub come with the three of us confirmed townies on mission 2? slbub is the one in the pairing with Lataro, after all.

If that passes, same team, mission 3.

If that passes, add webby, mission 5, just for fun :mrgreen:

I agree, it sounds like a solid town win at this point, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.
-Aa
Aardvarki

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia