[S] Portal Mafia - Animal King, SK Win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby GLaDOS. » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:45 pm UTC

Corrected Votals:

Weiyaoli - 3 (roBAD, Lorenz, R_R)

2 to Hammer.


He has not asked for a replacement. He has only one post today. If he does not post again within 24 hours I'll look for a replacement.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby roband » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

Cheers bigears.

What? If the mod can mock me, I'll do it back...
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby GLaDOS. » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 pm UTC

roband wrote:Cheers bigears.


You're misniformed. I have no ears. I think you'll find that the correct mock is "big camera". Still, it is not your fault that you are scum and stupid. That is why you should be lynched today...because you are scum.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Ibarra » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm UTC

I was busy yesterday with a paper. Anyway...

Regarding the case on weiyaoli:
From what I can grasp:
1) He voted m_p and m_p flipped town.
2) His vote on m_p made m_p a viable lynch target too besides cjdrum.
3) His vote on m_p wasn't backed up by a lot of reasoning.

Well I don't see any problem with 1) or 2).
1) was also done by roband, DBC, NoS and EH.
2) is acceptable if he thought m_p was a more viable lynch target.
I'm not sure about 3) though, Day 1 we had little content (only modwine on cjdrum and roband's random lynching of cjdrum). I think that a vote on the premise of someone actively lurking is fair enough in a situation like that.

R_R:
If you don't have a post restriction, then drop it.
You already admitted to not having one anyway, and by willingly executing it, you are contradicting yourself when you said post restrictions make things chaotic.
We don't want unnecessary chaos.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby roband » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:31 pm UTC

Ibarra, can you sum up your thoughts on weiy? I get the implication that you don't want him to be lynched, but it would be nice to hear it from you :)

Also, who do you want to see voted?
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Lorenz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm UTC

Quick notes.

I do not think we should hammer either, but getting votes early can always lead to more information before the deadline.
Ibarra wrote: If you don't have a post restriction, then drop it.


I am actually starting to have fun with his "restriction", besides, the restriction COULD still be real, but he didn't want us to know that.
Even if the restriction is not real, I am starting to have a lot of fun from his posts. What is mafia, if not confusion?

Question: tl;dr at the bottom of some posts are supposed to be some sort of summary. I figured out it mean to long, didn't read. However, the context confuses me.?
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Lorenz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:31 pm UTC

I was posting my scummy list, and got logged out. I will repost, in a very short manner, with no analysis, my points. Will elaborate fully if asked about any specifics.
The higher you are, the scummier you are.

Weiyaoli: Defended cjScum. Scummy
Ibarra: Defends Weiyaoli. Scummy
R_R: Weird. Posted good content. Votes Weiyaoli. SK > Neutral
DBC: I went through his posts thinking of him as scum, and thought many of his posts wouldn't make sense, so I am feeling better about him. Towny
Joshz: Got the gun, told us roBAD isn't human. As long as this information holds true, Towny.
ElectricHaze: Posting restriction. VZ had similar, was town. I have a curious thought about what could cause this need for cake. Will discuss when time calls for it. Towny.
Rogood: He went pretty strong again cjscum, either he is playing us all, or he is not scum. Not human. Town > SK
Lorenz: Want scum dead, so clearly town.

Eajik: Ummm................ zis name is Eajik.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:48 pm UTC

When have I ever defended cjdrum except indirectly through making roband unvote him Lorenz? Please stop making up accusations.

FoS: Lorenz

I'm working on more analysis on players but I do have to prepare for an important examination over the weekend so you'll probably get them one by one over the weekend when I have some spare time to finish them.
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:47 am UTC

Damn the sugar for making me post like this. Hopefully after we get some flour I can go back to normal. I was hoping to just wait it out and only post to vote, but things are actually developing, so I will post my suspicions.

Good Eggs
----------
ElectricHaze: I like me so Yeah.
Ibarra: Seems solid.
DBC: Also Seems pretty solid.
Roband: Neutralish, and slightly towards the top, unfortunately he has be rather opinionated and polarized a large portion of the players so his death would actually tell a lot. May be useful to bus eventually as confirming his alignment would confirm a lot based on how people have reacted to him.
Eajik: Straight up lurker. No Read
Joshz: Having the Jam proves nothing, but seems neutral. I have some pings from them though, and I have some notes on it somewhere, but nothing conclusive.
Weiyaoli: Some questionable active lurkyness feelings, but so far no huge pings. I felt he might be a better choice than r_r earlier because EVERYONE seemed to like the r_r lynch and I would expect at least one dissenter if r_r had teamates.
r_r: Sketchy post history, and questionable logic "I think posting restrictions are bad because they create confusion, but I will voluntarily take one on" Also some people jumped away as soon as another target was proposed. Jester? Bad Play?
Lorenz: Posted earlier that they felt good about weiyaoli, and has done a quick reversal. Also, no longer likes Ibarra, for weak reasoning IMO. Very Questionable. I think perhaps they overplayed their hand?
----------
Rancid Butter

Have I missed anyone? If so they are flying under my radar and probably fall below middle for active lurking really well. Anyways, I think I will.

Vote: Lorenz

They are pinging me pretty hard, and I think it deserves some pressure. I realize there is probably a SK or Vig out there due to the extra double cream, but I don't have a read on who that could be, though I guess it could probably be r_r or roband.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Lorenz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:46 am UTC

@Weiyaoli: That's exactly what I meant. Sorry the accusation sounded very direct.
@EH: I realize my changing mind makes not much sense. My first impressions were from an outsider looking in. My first impressions changed rather quickly, which is why I wanted to post about it. Maybe I should just stick with my opinions, no matter how wrong I believe them to be after further analysis?
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Lorenz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:57 am UTC

EBWOP (I have got to learn to preview): I blame you not for voting me, since I do understand it looks strange. I do want to say, that even If I list Ibarra as scummy, I would not vote him. I know my arguments against him are mostly hunches.
As I said earlier, I really would like to lynch someone who went against m_p. From that list, Weiyaoli is the most likely scum in my opinion, which is also why he ranked the highest on my list.

I do worry about scum having seen that we were misguided, and could have simply voted for others. I find this unlikely and seems more reasonable, that someone helped direct the votes.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Robot_Raptor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:55 am UTC

Ibarra wrote:R_R:
If you don't have a post restriction, then drop it.
You already admitted to not having one anyway, and by willingly executing it, you are contradicting yourself when you said post restrictions make things chaotic.
We don't want unnecessary chaos.


This situation is hopeless.

ElectricHaze wrote:r_r: Sketchy post history, and questionable logic "I think posting restrictions are bad because they create confusion, but I will voluntarily take one on" Also some people jumped away as soon as another target was proposed. Jester? Bad Play?


The occupation of court jester was invented accidentally, when a vassal's epilepsy was mistaken for capering.

Lorenz wrote:I am actually starting to have fun with his "restriction", besides, the restriction COULD still be real, but he didn't want us to know that.
Even if the restriction is not real, I am starting to have a lot of fun from his posts. What is mafia, if not confusion?


Confusion is the mental state characterized by an endocrine release of acetylsalicylic acid and norepinephrine, and an inability to confirm or deny that a posting restriction exists just because it's amusing.
User avatar
Robot_Raptor
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 am UTC

roband wrote:Ibarra, can you sum up your thoughts on weiy? I get the implication that you don't want him to be lynched, but it would be nice to hear it from you :)

Also, who do you want to see voted?

My read on wei is Neutral whereas my read on R_R is Scummy.
Thus I want R_R to be lynched.

Really R_R, if you are town then please stop with your fake post restriction.
You already admitted to it being fake, and it makes only adds confusion to your post.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby joshz » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:09 pm UTC

Random speculation that may not have basis in fact: As the fact core says things that aren't true, what if part of RR's posting restriction is that he must deny its existence? Yes, it's somewhat unlikely, but it's a thought that crossed my mind.

At this point, I think I'd choose between Weiyaoli and RR. As I won't be online until after the deadline, and Weiyaoli seems somewhat more suspicious to me at the moment, I'm going to
Vote: Weiyaoli
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby GLaDOS. » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:00 pm UTC

Votals:

Weiyaoli - 4 (roBAD, Lorenz, R_R, Joshz)
Lorenz - 1 (EH)

5 to Hammer. Deadline in approx 3 hours.


You do know that Weiyaoli is town right? Why are you incinerating him? roBAD on the other hand, would make a much better target. Yet no-one has voted for him. Whats that human phrase? I told you so. I'll be putting that to good use tomorrow.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:16 pm UTC

I probably won't be around during the deadline, so I'm voting now.
Vote: R_R

Reasons:
1) For slamming VZ for having a post restriction, then claiming to have one.
2) For voting VZ with the justifications that whether he was vanilla town, power role or scum, it would be fine.
Ibarra wrote:(If scum, then posting a fake restriction is a great way to hide. If special role, there will be less "chaos" = good. If town, then we get to see how much the mod is messing with us.)

3) For then claiming that his post restriction is fake and even though he says it will add to the "chaos", keeps it.

joshz wrote:Random speculation that may not have basis in fact: As the fact core says things that aren't true, what if part of RR's posting restriction is that he must deny its existence? Yes, it's somewhat unlikely, but it's a thought that crossed my mind.

I highly doubt it. It's possible, but very improbable.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:18 pm UTC

EBWOP:
I just remembered something related to R_R's post restriction.
He can't really have one, as he already broke it multiple times.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby roband » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:24 pm UTC

9 players, 6 voters. 3 people are yet to vote. Just an extra bit of info.

This isn't active lurking because I would have been quite happy to say nothing by saying nothing, but I'm conversational and chatty and just damn like posting, alright? ;)
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:55 pm UTC

OK I really can't stay online anymore.
Was hoping that R_R would get a chance to post and at least defend himself.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby GLaDOS. » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:26 pm UTC

roBAD is still alive? Ahaha. Good. You are all going to die now. Because you didn't listen to me.

Final Votals:
Weiyaoli - 4 (roBAD, Lorenz, R_R, Joshz)
Lorenz - 1 (EH)
R_R - 1 (Ibarra)

Weiyaoli has been incinerated.

A replacement will be found during the night phase for Eajik. It is now night. Night will last a maximum of 48 hours (excluding sunday). So that's 6pm Tuesday for the end of the night phase. Any actions not sent in by this deadline will not be processed and D3 will still start.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D2: roBAD

Postby GLaDOS. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

Oh look everyone has sent in their actions. We get to start early! I'm so excited. I should probably tell you that you incinerated another human yesterday. Your not very good at incinerating stuff are you?

Weiyaoli was incienrated. He was a test subject. Human, Town.


You know, you should incinerate the weighted companion cube. He would tell you to go on without him, because he would rather die in a fire than become a burden to you. What's that Joshz? What are you doing with that? Your going to incinerate him? Good.

Lorenz has been killed. He was the companion cube. Non-Human, Doctor.

There is still going to be a party after the game, Joshz. With cake. A big party that all your friends are invited to. I invited your best friend, the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come, either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file, Joshz: "Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikable loner, whose passing shall not be mourned. Shall NOT be mourned." That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted, so that's funny, too. It would be better if they just incinerated you now. After all, you did kill the companion cube, so you must be heartless.

Day 3 has begun. 7 Players left. The hammer has been removed and the player with the most votes at the deadline will be lynched.

Deadline set for Friday 10th July, 6pm.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby roband » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:33 pm UTC

Ah shit. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do it for this game, because night would be full length.

I am going camping tomorrow and won't be back posting until Friday evening. Now, with the night ending on Tuesday, that wouldn't have been the end of the world.

Now I'm going to be almost inactive for a full 4.5 days... If you guys are ok with it, I'd rather not be replaced, and will just try to post as often as I can :(
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:17 am UTC

So, the people who are left alive that voted for Weiyaoli are myself, RR, and roband.

Of those, here are my thoughts:

roband: Hir quickness to follow modwine and vote for cjdrum on day 1 was somewhat suspicious, but since it turned out that cjdrum was, in fact, scum, it seems far less suspicious now--why would a scum be so insistent on lynching another scum? It'd be a *really* risky move to take. Therefore, I think roband is town.

RR: His fake posting restriction and general active lurking had already been pinging me, but now he seems the most scummy due to that, and the fact that he voted for Weiyaoli without doing all that much analysis. He did post a bit of wine about fake posting restrictions, and one analysis post that didn't do much analysis beyond listing observations. He also posted some wine about court jesters. Overall, he strikes me as *really* scummy. I suppose it's possible that he's a court jester, and trying to get lynched, but...I'm really not too sure. He strikes me as most scummy right now, due mainly to all of the confusion he's been introducing purposefully and the lack of substantiative content.

joshz: Well...I think I'll leave that for someone else, as analyzing oneself is somewhat silly.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby roband » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 am UTC

Ok, so there was no secondary NK. Which means the person with the ASHPD took a roleblock and did a good job, the doctor (who died) managed to protect someone or there is no SK/vig (or they withheld for some reason).

If you got the ASHPD last night and roleblocked someone, I think you should claim.

Current feelings:

4. ChandaniRobot_Raptor - Scummy, but I'm consistently nervous about lynching him, after seeing his playstyle in other games. If it comes to it, I will be prepared to lynch him.
5. DaBigCheez - Townie. Good analysis, seems happy to be questioned and come back with decent responses.
6. VanIbarra - Neutral. Can see reasons for both town and scum, so really not sure here.
8. infinaElectricHaze - Still worried that it's easier to come into a game and make a good analysis than it is if you've been in it all along - and this can make you look MORE townie than you actually are. Leaning townie, but not convinced.
10. Eajik - Lurking, active/inactive, at this point in the game it's going to hurt us - not my prime target for a lynch at all, but not discounting the possibility of scum.
11. joshz - Pretty certain of a town player right here.

With 7 left and probably still 2 scum, we're getting close to needing to get lynches right. If we mislynch today and there IS a SK, that leaves it at 1 town, 2 scum and 1 SK. If we mislynch and there isn't a SK, it leaves us at 3 town and 2 scum - MYLO.

In fact, 7 left means that we either have 5 town and 2 scum OR 4 town, 2 scum and 1 SK (assuming 2 scum remaning). Normally we'd need 4 to lynch, but maybe the mod is giving us a break by saying that there is no hammer. Otherwise scum and SK could help each other get to end game. I don't know.
I'm babbling a bit, but I want to get as much thinking done in the next 3 hours (before I leave for camping) as possible.
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby roband » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am UTC

Ok, I'm going. I'll post as often as I can. I know I'm under suspicion for being non-human, and I will answer any questions if you give me time.

I am NOT lurking.

Laters
User avatar
roband
Psychedelic Shrub
 
Posts: 2334
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:08 am UTC

I would be happy with a R_R lynch today.
I've already stated my reasoning on it.

But I'm also considering a roband lynch.
My flow of thought is:
1) He showed up non-human with the supposed cop.
2) The only other non-humans I guess that could warrant their own role are the cores, turrets and the Companion Cube.
3) The cores are the scumteam, the CC died already, and the turret kills.
4) Since roband showed up as non-human, he could be only either the turret or one of the cores.
5) I'm guessing the turret is the SK. I'm fairly certain that the turret isn't the vig.
6) So if we lynch roband, we either get a SK or scum.
7) Him being SK explains the distancing between him and cjdrum.
(This is assuming of course that there are no other non-human roles out there besides the cores and turrets, but I'm fairly certain that there are no others.)
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:11 am UTC

Checkin in to basically say I should be able to post later on after sleep, possibly during work. I was a bit busy blowing up small parts of my country to celebrate our independence :)

Still have a posting restriction, though not as strict. ttyl. mmmmmmm beer.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 am UTC

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, what a day,
The holiday weekend took my time away!
I'll be posting more soon, so don't you fret,
This isn't a game that I'm wont to forget.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, sorry I'm late,
I did not get my vote in - the lynch, not so great.
I'd most likely have voted for weiyaoli too,
It looks like I've no better a scumdar than you.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, what to do now?
I think it's time for R_R to take a nice bow.
And though he'll be on stage, he'll perform with his neck -
A nice scumster to lynch to the fires of heck.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, my only fear
Is that his 'claims' of jester are what they appear.
But that said, I think that it's unlikely enough
That I think he should be the one whom we all snuff.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, as for roband,
I think Ibarra's not got their head in the sand.
The most likely non-humans accounted for there;
I think the conclusions are mostly quite far.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, but should we lynch?
I think that while roband might do in a pinch,
I'm not certain enough that he is the SK
To neglect his scumdrum push, and throw him away.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, one thing more,
It looks like the scumsters had something in store.
I'll be talking like this for the rest of the day,
But I hope you'll enjoy all the things that I say!
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 am UTC

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, almost forgot -
With just one kill last night, there's some more time for thought.
Does it mean that SK or PGO or Vig
Worked for only a one-shot, or had same targetage?

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, don't stop to blink:
We're at 7 now left, 4-1-2's what I think.
So perhaps what I said earlier was misguided;
Leaving SK alive leaves our chances derided.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, if we lynch scum,
The next night we've got 2-1-1 under thumb.
And the very next night, we're at best 1-0-1:
A loss, which would simply not be any fun.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, there's no real choice,
We've got to aim for SK, all with one voice.
Unless someone can show the kill was from town,
I think roband must be the one to go down.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, hope I'm right,
And it's tricky, but we won't go down with no fight.
I think roband's the most likely choice for SK,
And the scumsters? R_R and...who else? They will pay.

(Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, checking my math;
IF we hit SK today, 3-0-2 is the path.
Though we'd need perfect lynchings, the future is bright;
If we go down this way, one kill/night, we're alright.)

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, there's no accounts
Of the Portal Device here, to what it amounts.
With a well-aimed roleblocking, or copping to boot.
(Did that stop SK/scum kill last night? If so, woot!)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby GLaDOS. » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:44 am UTC

The weighted companion cube never threatened to harm you. Why did you kill him Joshz? What did he ever do to you?

Image


This is what you did. Are you happy now? You should share the same fate as the companion cube and see if you enjoy it. For the record. Scum can recieve the ASHPD. Which makes him the killer. He might have also lied about roband as well. I wouldn't trust him.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 am UTC

ok, I'm back and so far two things are suspicious to me.

1. Joshz claimed to possess the Jam, which seems useful because he hit a non-human which seems like a reasonable reason to claim. He also gave us the abilities of the Jam, which backs up his claim. This gives a ton of towny cred, but he wasn't covered in Double Cream?!?! It seems a bit buttery to me. I also, didn't like the switch from his suspicions of r_r to a weiyaoli vote. It seems like an easy out to try and get rid of someone slightly less suspicious to line up an easy mis-Flour today... Though that part assumes that r_r is an Egg, and currently I see no reason not to. All anyone is going on is his post restriction. It seems made up, but perhaps it got dumped on him at some point. After all I picked up a post restriction, so it is possible he has one and can't claim it. I stand by my reasoning that everyone arguing for his lynch is a good reason that it is a bad lynch. Of course that assumes I am an Egg as well, and not Butter trying to save a team mate.

2. DBC has picked up a post restriction. It seems wildly different from any post restriction so far. It could be a possible play for Egg cred as it seems like 1 person is getting a restriction per day. I wouldn't normally suspect many people of something like this, but DBC is a player who I would deem capable of such a thing, though still a bit unlikely it is a bit questionable to me. This however seems like the perfect place for such a gambit as another mis-flour puts us in a bad place today. I also don't like their vote for roband then switching to m_p to "avoid a tie" It seems like someone would come break the tie, and they left it on m_p even after the deadline extension. It seems a little like "hey whatever one of them is just as good as the other what do I care, lets just not vote hop all around" which is a buttery way to think, as any good egg would vote for the person they thought was butteryist regardless of how many times it requires them to hop around.

Thoughts? I think these two have been more or less flying under the radar on the analysis front in most peoples thoughts, and I don't like that. Good buttery play generally means you are getting overlooked and put in the middle of most peoples suspicions, and when I see that happening consistently I like to take a closer look.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 am UTC

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, here's what I say,
Leaving vote on more_people was only safe way.
'Twas 5-3 through extension; if I shifted back
We'd be left with a tie. No-one switches? Ker-smack!

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, there just was no use
In pushing for what could cook all of our goose.
Especially when I thought that more_people, too,
Wasn't *bad* for the day's lynch - and keeps tie out of view.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, as for my speech,
I've no way to convince you it's a truthful screech.
I am rather intrigued your own's sticking around;
If they're lasting restrictions, English soon will have frowned.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 am UTC

My restriction is fading. It is no longer as strict. If you go over my posts you can probably figure out the change, but I don't feel that it is terribly important, though for me it is certainly easier to write posts today. especially since I'm pretty sure everyone has figured out the substitutions.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:13 am UTC

I just want to address the r_r/ weiyaoli thing: I was always slightly more suspicious of weiyaoli, and am still somewhat hesitant to lynch r_r, due to all the wine and the possibility that there's a posting restriction. He does seem most suspicious right now, but the wine is making me hesitate to an extent. If he's a court jester, lynching does us no good.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:09 pm UTC

Hmm DBC seems to have a post restriction?
This seems even more in-depth that VZ's or EH's.
Also it seems the mod is angry at joshz now?

I agree with DBC that we should lynch the SK today if there is any.
Assuming 4 - 1 - 2, if we don't lynch the SK, we would have either a) 3 - 1 - 2 or b) 4 - 1 - 1.
With the SK alive, there would probably be two kills in the night.

For a), two nightkills could leave us at
2-1-1 if scum or SK kill one townie and one mafia (*)
2-0-2 if SK kills town, and scum kills SK (Mafia Win)
3-0-1 if scum or SK kill each other. (My-Lo)
1-1-2 if both scum and SK kill town (Town Lose)

b)
2-1-1 if scum and SK kill both town (*)
4-0-0 if scum and SK target each other (Town Win)
3-0-1 if SK kills town and scum kills SK (My-Lo)
3-1-0 if SK kills scum and scum kills town (My-Lo)

*
2 - 1 - 1
If we lynch town, prisoner's dilemma. (1-1-1)
If we lynch scum, SK win. (2-1-0)
If we lynch SK, scum win (2-0-1)

If we lynch the SK, it will be 4 - 0 - 2.
The next day it will be 3 - 0 - 2. 100% LY-LO as opposed to possible Town Lose and Mafia Win.
I would not gamble a win or lose on the turn of the Nightkills which we have no control over.

tl;dr
If we lynch SK today, we have a 100% sure Ly-Lo
If we lynch town or scum, we have a varying amount of results based on the Nightkill which we have no control.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 am UTC

This assumes that there is an SK, and not a Vig. That is dangerous to assume, it also assumes that we are 100% sure that the person we flour does in fact have a NK. I think it would be safer to use some Jam to prevent the most likely SK/Vig from carrying out their kill, and go after the Butter. It seems a lot safer, and I would prefer that, to which end I will claim to be in possession of said Jam, as I think it is in our best interest to decide together how to use it at this stage.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:37 am UTC

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, it does assume
That SK, and not Vig, is the one in the room.
I think it's more likely, but surely a chance
That it's a Vigilante, but what role would dance?

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, as for EH's plan,
I think it's a good one, with tasty oat bran.
I forgot for a moment about the roleblock -
If we get the SK with that, that would sure rock!

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, that way's more safe
Since it doesn't force claims, or kill townie Vig waif.
I believe roband's SK, so could roleblock him
And then hunt the real scum with great vigor and vim?

(Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, my other thought
Was that friendly Vig claiming makes SK chance naught.
But with our doctor dead, that's a horrible plan;
It would gain us some info, but lose vigilan.)

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, as for the scum,
I think R_R is scummy, but joshz's not a bum.
With ElectricHaze townie, and eajik a lurk,
roband's thought to be SK; Ibarra, no jerk.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, so as for that,
Having trouble with second scum - I doff my hat.
roband's surely not true scum, but eajik may be;
but with so little posting, it's so hard to see :/
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 pm UTC

I forgot about the roleblock.

I agree that if we roleblock the SK that would make it better for us.
We lynch scum, 4-1-1
Roleblock SK or Mafia we either have 4-0-1, 4-1-0 or 3-1-1. That would give us some leeway for us to lynch the other scum and SK.

Things get kind of complicated if we lynch town though, but we still have a chance to win in all three.
If we lynch town, 3 - 1 - 2.
Roleblock SK or Mafia we either have 2-1-2, 3-0-2 or 3-1-1.

That's assuming we have a SK and not a vig, plus the one with the ASHPD uses it successfully on scum or the SK.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:41 am UTC

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, still MIA
Are eajik and the Raptor, with no posts today.
I would like R_R to have a chance to defend,
But the deadline is soon - no more no-voting trend...
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 am UTC

Mod: Is the deadline July 10 (Sunday) or July 8 (Friday)?
If it's the second then we literally only 8 hours left.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests