[S] Portal Mafia - Animal King, SK Win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby GLaDOS. » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:13 am UTC

It was meant to be for today, but I will be extending the deadline till sunday because of the lack of activity. I'll be searching for replacements for Robot_Raptor and Eajik as neither has responded to my modprods.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby GLaDOS. » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:31 pm UTC

e_e will be replacing Eajik. Still looking for one more replacement for R_R. 51 Hours till deadline.

It would also like to take this oppurtunity to remind you that Joshz did kill the companion cube, AND YOU SHOULD LYNCH HIM!
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

Greetings!

Vote: R_R

We're on a tight deadline - people who look most town to me seem to think R_R is a bad guy - it will also neatly avoid modkills.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Vote: Joshz

I feel like they actually seem buttery, rather than robot_raptor who just seems bad or possibly a Jester. Either way, I will use the Jam to try and block a Double Cream, from the SK/Vig, which I believe we decided was roband? Let me know if that is truly the consensus, as there really hasn't been much talk about it today.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:53 pm UTC

To me, that doesn't seem like all that much justification for a vote. Would you care to explain why you think I'm scummy?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 pm UTC

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, that's what I think;
If we roleblock roband, then we won't need a shrink.
With the lynch *and* a modkill, we could lose tonight
Even with a good roleblock, and that's not alright.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, I've said before
That I think lynching R_R would settle the score.
I'm uneasy of e_e's vote, though; seems ill-considered -
Use your own reasoning, not what others delivered!

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, but with that said,
If no replacement's found, we can't risk one more dead.
If replacement is found, though, I think that I would
Still favor a lynch there - think he's scum in the 'hood.

VOTE: Robot_Raptor

(Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, I hope that I
Have been clear with my thoughts of why R_R should die.
If he's town, then a modkill could end us tonight;
if he's scum, then a lynch is completely alright.

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, it also stops
The problem of modkills causing game-balance drops.
I think he's the best target for lynch as it stands;
If I'm wrong, better this way than modkill demands.)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 am UTC

joshz wrote:To me, that doesn't seem like all that much justification for a vote. Would you care to explain why you think I'm scummy?


Mostly because you came out strong with a big claim of having received and used the Jam. Normally when someone claims to have or have used a power in a way that makes them seem Eggy they get hit with Double Cream, because more and more confirmed Eggs makes it harder for butter to hide. I can't think of any reason for the butter to keep you around, and on top of that I'm getting the same kind of vibe from your posts that I was getting from Silknor in Sleepytown mafia awhile back. It's not something I can put my finger on, they just seem a little off. With r_r in line to be killed by sugar he makes a bad flour target since he would be dead either way, and since I'm leaning more of a jester on r_r, I would rather let him be killed and vote for someone who is pinging me, and that is you. So far everyone seems to be following the flour these active lurker type arguments with little objection, and all that has managed is breaking two eggs. So, I am trying to move away from that logic and look for better targets.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:26 am UTC

Well, that'd certainly be true for a traditional role, but the ASHPD is a one-time power, and I don't have it anymore, so why would the scum want to kill me specifically based on that?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:46 am UTC

Again, it's because that claim is basically like saying Hey look I had this, I am super Eggy! It paints a huge target on you, and the fact that you are still alive is really suspicious to me. I don't think there are any other good targets to flour since the only one being discussed is going to be killed anyway. So I am probably going to stick to that unless a bunch of discussion starts up before the deadline and uncovers a better target for the vote.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:12 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:It paints a huge target on you.
But why does it do that? The scum already know who each other are, and so already know who all the not-scum are. As there's been plenty of speculation as to who the independent is, that pretty much means that the scum already know who all the townies are.

So in what way does revealing that I *was* given the ASHPD paint a target on me?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby roband » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 am UTC

I can see both EH and josh's points and think it's likely that it's confused town arguing with confused town.
EH - you're right that it would make sense for josh to have been killed, because so far no 'non-human' roles have had the ASHPD, but we're still only on day3, if they thought the person they killed on N2 (I can't remember or be bothered to look right now) was more of a threat, then it makes sense that they haven't killed him - yet.
Josh - that makes you a confirmed human, potentially, so why wouldn't the scum kill you in order to make a higher percentage of roles in the game unknown?

Hi by the way, camping was great fun... It rained and it was sunny and I drank lots and... now's not the time.

I'm going to be blunt. I don't want to be lynched, because I am town. I also don't want to be roleblocked. But saying that is as good as painting a target on my back. But put it this way town, I'd rather be alive tomorrow (and not role-blocked) than lynched today. I hope I'm being clear.
Actually, screw it. I'm claiming.
I am the little cameras from the test chambers. I can track people and see where they go at night. I've not had any luck with this yet. I can not, I repeat NOT, be nightkilled - every time you go into a new test chamber, there's more camera's right? So please, please, do not roleblock me. I can give useful info as the game goes on, as long as I'm not roleblocked.

Notes on others:

Robot_Raptor - my thoughts, and worries, are known about this. Would lynch, especially if he's about to be modkilled, I suppose.
DaBigCheez - leaning less town and more neutral/scum. Very easy, if time consuming, to fake a post restriction to seem more townlike.
Ibarra - Seemingly town at the moment, I like the numbers analysis.
ElectricHaze - Still nervous about this, but suspect he's town
e_e - next to impossible to have a read on, based on eajik's contentless game, then comes into the game and makes a very easy vote. Neutral for now.
joshz - think he's town, nothing has happened to change that.


So.. yeah, that's my lot. When's deadline? I will vote today, for sure.
User avatar
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby GLaDOS. » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 pm UTC

Votals:

R_R - 2 (e_e, DBC)
Joshz - 1 (ElectricHaze)


Notice how Joshz hasn't denied killing the companion cube? That's guilt. Notice how he has one vote on him? That's justice. One vote will not cause him to be incinerated. He must be incinerated. The companion cube told me that if vengeance was not had for his death, he would haunt whoever made the choice. That's you.

29 hours till deadline.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:26 pm UTC

roband wrote:I can see both EH and josh's points and think it's likely that it's confused town arguing with confused town.
EH - you're right that it would make sense for josh to have been killed, because so far no 'non-human' roles have had the ASHPD, but we're still only on day3, if they thought the person they killed on N2 (I can't remember or be bothered to look right now) was more of a threat, then it makes sense that they haven't killed him - yet.
Josh - that makes you a confirmed human, potentially, so why wouldn't the scum kill you in order to make a higher percentage of roles in the game unknown?
But how do we know that? Only one person who's had the ASHPD has claimed (i.e., me), so we can't really draw a conclusion on whether or not a non-human can have the ASHPD.

I am the little cameras from the test chambers. I can track people and see where they go at night. I've not had any luck with this yet. I can not, I repeat NOT, be nightkilled - every time you go into a new test chamber, there's more camera's right? So please, please, do not roleblock me. I can give useful info as the game goes on, as long as I'm not roleblocked.
What information have you gotten with this that can help us?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:16 pm UTC

roband:
I'm not buying it. You are Nightkill immune + a tracker? That's hardly balanced.
Nightkill immune would fall under Serial Killer more.
We had two kills in one Night before and you are the only confirmed non-human.
It seems that all non-human roles are not vanilla town.

If we don't lynch SK and there are two kills, we have to hope that the kills target the anti-town players. (We have no control over the outcome.)
But since we have the roleblock, we can afford to lynch scum today and hopefully block at least one of the two kills.

joshz:
EH claims to have the ASHPD now.

Re: ASHPD
I think it would make more sense if only test subjects were able to handle the device.
I don't think Cores, Turrets, the Companion Cube or "Cameras" could use it in the game [/spec]

Vote: R_R
I already explained my reasoning.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:22 pm UTC

EBWOP:
I think we should still roleblock roband because:
a) His claimed "role" is hardly balanced for town. (unNK-able tracker)
b) He is the only confirmed non-human.
c) There were two kills during the first Night. Indicating a Vig or SK.
d) Chances are, non-humans are not vanilla town.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:33 pm UTC

Uh...no, I don't claim to have the ASHPD. I had it N1 but now someone else has it, randomly assigned by the mod.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:24 pm UTC

joshz wrote:Uh...no, I don't claim to have the ASHPD. I had it N1 but now someone else has it, randomly assigned by the mod.

Was that reply for me?

If so then IDK what you're trying to point out.
joshz wrote:But how do we know that? Only one person who's had the ASHPD has claimed (i.e., me), so we can't really draw a conclusion on whether or not a non-human can have the ASHPD.

I was just saying that EH obtained the ASHPD too.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:38 pm UTC

Ohhhh. I parsed "EH" as a typo for "He." I guess I missed that. Where did ze say that ze has it?
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:43 am UTC

Sigh, this flour is so stupid. Unless the butter has just been trying to bus r_r today AND yesterday, or you think I am butter, how can everyone just be on board with this. On top of that he is going to die anyway for not posting, so if he is butter he dies anyway, and if not we shouldn't be flouring him, and instead mourning what looks like his fate and trying to flour a good target.

Ask yourself what is the reason you are voting for him. If it's because he is posting in a self made restriction? How does that make him butter? It's obviously not helpful, but it's making him a huge target for the lynch which is the WORST PLAY EVER for butter, it stinks of jester or just annoying vanilla egg messing around playing bad.

On the other hand Joshz claimed to have the Jam, rather early. A questionable move since it paints a target on them, and while there was one non-human revealed to be butter it hardly confirmed that all the scum are butter. He also commented that the other ability of the Jam was a roleblock, which effectively warns the scum team what to expect during the night, and advocated public role-block decisions allowing the butter to have a say in who gets role-blocked.

Joshz also pushed hard against roband who we are pretty sure is not butter, but an egg or an independant. They also voice strong suspicions of m_p who turned out to be an egg, but ended up voting for roband, which seems like a safe distancing vote if there were already some butter in on the m_p flour. Also, pushed on weiyaoli and r_r pretty much all day2 and the flour they jumped on there turned out bad as well. I think shady logic and a bad voting record (though everyone who has voted so far has a pretty bad one) is more than enough reasoning to vote them instead of someone slated for death already.

tl;dr: I think this is a bad flour and you are all being lead straight into it, but there probably isn't enough time before the deadline to avoid it.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 am UTC

ElectricHaze wrote:A questionable move since it paints a target on them
You still haven't explained satisfactorily *why* that paints a target on me.

As for roband: Ze *did* seem fairly scummy D1. After D1, you'll notice that I backed off on hir.

weiy and r_r both seemed suspicious D2, for active lurking and generally strange posts respectively, and, to me, seemed most scummy of any. Sure, that impression was wrong, but weiy's lurkiness pinged me to a high degree. How does that make me scum? I'm certainly not the only one who mistakenly voted town both days.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:10 am UTC

Again it paints a target on you because coming out with the first post on day2 saying "Hey look at me I got a cop result on someone, and had the Jam and these are all the neat things it can do" makes you look really eggy.

Anyone who looks really eggy should be double creamed, because as the game goes on if those really eggy people are still around then any scum who looks less eggy than that is a huge target for the flour. Double Creams are generally used to get rid of confirmed eggs or really eggy looking people or to make other eggs look buttery. I fully expected you to be killed for giving us the information about the Jam and claiming it, but you weren't so that is the conclusion I came to.

Since no one used the fact that lorenz died after I voted for them to come after my credibility I suspect that the NK wasn't used to lower the egg status of anyone, and I believe that it was likely roband who targeted lorenz because of my vote (based on the fact that roband still seems really skeptical of me), and the double cream got blocked by lorenz doctoring someone that night, or the double cream targeted roband to get rid of possible sk/vig kills, and roband is actually telling the truth about being Double Cream immune, or lorenz doctored them with their final protection.

btw, if it was you following my vote roband, I'm sry. That was less a vote because I thought them super suspicious and more a "this flour seems to be going through no matter what, let me see if I can use this final time to apply pressure to someone who I don't have the best read on, and get them to respond so I can get a better read"

Anyways, I will use the Jam on roband tonight and hopefully even if this is a mis-flour and it goes through, we don't lose to a poorly aimed independent kill.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:19 am UTC

But...the mafia killed Lorenz, as they evidently knew ze was a doctor. That'd make hir a higher target than me, who just seems towny.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 am UTC

EBWOP: I'm basing that on the fact that there was only one kill other than the lynch--it's likely that the SK/vig was roleblocked, and so the mafia kill would be the only one left.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:41 am UTC

You don't know that, unless someone steps forward and claims they used the Jam to roleblock someone who is still alive, and I feel like if someone thought they blocked a kill they would step forward and let everyone know.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 am UTC

If we don't lynch R_R he's going to get modkilled.
So essentially if we lynch someone else, we get two "lynches". One of which is surely on R_R.
Problem is, even if I'm sure that R_R is scum, there's still a chance he would end up as town. (Though I will eat my hat if he turns up as town.)
In case that happens that would be no different from the cases I've shown earlier with the 3 kills (one lynch, two nightkills) - except this time, it's two "lynches" and one kill, so there's a chance we kill scum. [3-1-0, 2-1-1, 2-0-2, 3-0-1, 1-1-2]

I'm fairly certain that R_R is scum, but I do not want to risk it with 2 "lynches".
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:07 am UTC

Risk what exactly? This is essentially calling for a no-flour. It's a terrible idea as it gives up our only weapon.

If r_r is butter we should let him die and try to hit another butter.

If he is Egg, we are in a bad spot, and should really be trying to hit butter with this flour, not calling for a no-flour and letting an egg get sugar-killed.

Ask yourself right now. Is a no-flour good in this situation. If the answer is no, then vote for someone else, because voting for r_r right now is the same as voting no-flour.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 am UTC

You do make a good point.
If R_R is getting killed off anyway, that would be like a no-lynch.
Let me do a reread analysis.

R_R: Scummy. I've already explained why earlier. No posts D3 either.
joshz: Claimed to have had the ASHPD early on. I do agree that it was odd that scum didn't target him for a kill.
DBC: Townie at first. Not so sure anymore. I agree that the post restriction is making him look very suspicious. His not voting end of Day 2 also is suspicious.
e_e: No read whatsoever. As Eajik nothing - as e_e nothing either.
EH: Looking townie. Nice participation - also claims to have the ASHPD.

roband: I'm pretty sure is SK and not scum/vig. SK fits the cjdrum thing - he wasn't scum, but he got copped as non-human. His claim also doesn't make sense.

Since R_R is getting killed, I go with my second in the list. Vote: joshz
If he posts and avoids being modkilled, I'll switch back to R_R.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 am UTC

EBWOP:
Unvote
Vote: joshz
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:34 pm UTC

Based on the fact that the mod said all actions were in early last night, it seems likely that the mafia did kill someone. If they did kill someone, it was Lorenz (the doctor) who was a higher-value target than me as ze's a *doctor*. I don't see how it's suspicious that I wasn't killed by the mafia last night.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:17 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Oh, and EH: Why did you claim to have the ASHPD? Surely that's painting a huge target on yourself -- if the scum kill you, the ASHPD won't have any affect tonight. When I claimed, it was *after* I'd already used the ASHPD, so there wasn't any risk of its effects being stopped, but now there is. Why did you do that?

As for a no-lynch, it'd be best if we could avoid that--besides, it's difficult to tell whether R_R is scum or just jester.

I'm not really sure who else is pinging me to a high degree, to be honest. I'd like it if e_e posted more so I could develop some sort of read, but other than that, no one is currently standing out to me as extremely scummy.

EH's justification for voting me does seem fairly flimsy, but I am admittedly somewhat biased in that regard, and, as roband said, ze it could just be confused town.

If worst comes to worst, no-lynch is far better than killing a townie, so I think that unless we're highly certain that someone is scum, we should probably vote for R_R, as he'll be modkilled anyway, and that should give us more time to discuss who is scummy. Ideally, we won't need to do that and we'll lynch a scum tonight, but if we can't do that it endangers our chances of winning.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm UTC

I don't have all that much to add, I'm afraid. I'm not sure if I just missed this in my read through, but do we know what the portal device does in context of this game?

I'm inclined to trust someone who has had one (provably) but I don't know if that's misguided.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:42 pm UTC

The mod didn't post anything about its functionality, but I posted at the start of D2 about it.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby GLaDOS. » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:21 pm UTC

Votals:

R_R - 2 (e_e, DBC)
Joshz - 2 (ElectricHaze, Ibarra)


I guess I should start warming up the Deadly Neurotoxin. You'd like that wouldn't you Joshz?

1 hour till deadline.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby joshz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:24 pm UTC

Okay, as we have so little time, I'd like to avoid a tie, I'm going to:
Vote: Robot_Raptor as he'll die anyway and we don't have another viable lynch candidate.
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.
User avatar
joshz
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 am UTC
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby DaBigCheez » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm UTC

Unvote
Vote: joshz


Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, EH is right;
I'd been thinking it wrong; he brings good things to light.
I just got up right now, sorry if this is short -
Gotta get in 'fore deadline, and things of that sort!
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:09 pm UTC

I won't stand for the person I think second scummiest coming in to flip the tables, not this close to the deadline. I got enough information for now to not risk pushing this second lynch.

Unvote
Vote: robot_raptor
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:17 pm UTC

I hope that counts before the deadline, but I've been literally camping the forum waiting for something like that in the last hours here just in case, and I got up to use the restroom and take a shower and missed it...
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.
User avatar
ElectricHaze
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - D3: Death of the Companion Cube <3

Postby GLaDOS. » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:57 pm UTC

Votals (Pre-Deadline):

R_R - 3 (e_e, DBC, Joshz)
Joshz - 2 (ElectricHaze, Ibarra)

Votals (Post-Deadline):

R_R - 3 (e_e, Joshz, EH)
Joshz - 2 (Ibarra, DBC)

Deadline stated 6pm as all deadlines have been. Either vote count would have yielded the same result. Both final votals are now available.

Robot_Raptor has been incinerated.

Bzzzzppp. Joshz read the secret information stored in my discussion thread hard-drive, as he assumed he had been lynched. I will be looking for a replacement for him during the night.

It is now night 3. It will last no longer than 48 hours and will end at approx. 6pm Tuesday.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - N3: Death of the Fact Sphere? =S

Postby GLaDOS. » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

D4 will start a day late due to me running out of time today and having a job interview tomorrow. Apologies.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [S] Portal Mafia - N3: Death of the Fact Sphere? =S

Postby GLaDOS. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 pm UTC

Sorry for another delay, D4 shouldn't be too far away! I'll do it first thing tomorrow, I've just had a really tiring day today and need some sleep.

Good News: Boomfrog will be replacing Joshz, effective immediately.

D4 should start in approx 15 hours or so (after I've slept).
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mike-l and 2 guests