[Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby b.i.o » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:07 pm UTC

So right now my suspicion-o-meter is hovering around the participants in the NaR voting. I see no real cause for concern with NaR, other than him being NaR, which I suppose is always a cause for at least a bit of concern.

Anyway, I'm finding Lorenz a bit flighty. FoS! Vote for someone else! Unvote when it looks like there might actually be a lynch! That much caution is often telling. So for now I'm going to go with that, and my instincts, and vote.

vote: Lorenz
User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
 
Posts: 2520
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby Lorenz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm UTC

b.i.o wrote:Anyway, I'm finding Lorenz a bit flighty. FoS! Vote for someone else! Unvote when it looks like there might actually be a lynch! That much caution is often telling. So for now I'm going to go with that, and my instincts, and vote.


As I said, FAOT did seem the most scummy to me, but since many people quickly jumped on the NaR wagon, I got scared. I never suspected NaR for scum, simply voted because of low posts. I am really happy actually, that I got some info out of it, and I feel much more comfortable with voting now.

vote: ForAllOfThis
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 pm UTC

I'm awake, I'm awake!

NaR's spreading wine everywhere, but, well...
Not a Raptor's Signature wrote:WARNING: Is acting like Not a Raptor

His actions, including the switch from "I'm trying not to look scummy" to "I'm trying to look so scummy they could hardly resist bandwagoning me", seem to me more like a NaR-tell than a scumtell (although I did lol at the "If I'm town, it's in my interest not to look scummy" - and if you're scum it's not? :roll: ). So, in absence of things that I do consider a scumtell from anyone but FAOT, and seeing that I was not relieved by FAOT's responses, I'm going to put my vote where my FoS is.

VOTE: ForAllOfThis

I don't *think* I'm biased by the fact NAR was agreeing with me...
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:13 pm UTC

Seeing as you guys are being idiots, I'm going to have to claim.

I'm Zero, now would you kindly remove your vote.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:15 pm UTC

EBWOP: & I'm the god damn cop. That's why I was suspicous of those who were thinking that there would be godfather or cop-dependent roles. Hopefully there is a doctor (Iris?) who can save me tonight somehow.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 pm UTC

Further EBWOP:

Unvote

Vote: Lorenz

For self-preservation.
User avatar
ForAllOfThis
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:25 pm UTC

Apologies for not being here at deadline and not voting beforehand, I've had a full day today. Will not happen again.
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D1: Sky Lagoon, Struck!

Postby Lataro » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:34 pm UTC

In the aftermath of the destruction of the Sky Lagoon, all evidence seemed to point to Magma Dragoon as the one who had caused this terrible event that had taken so many lives both human and reploid. Magma Dragoon was a mavrick hunter though, he led the irregular hunters, it made no sense for this to have happened...

"Dragoon, why have you done this?!" the voice yelled.

Magma Dragoon turned to face the voice, he knew who it was, he knew why this person was here, and he knew what he had to do.

"Zero... I've been expecting you."

Without further warning, Magma Dragoon burst into a flurry of action, charging towards Zero. Zero drew his Z-Saber at the last instant, blocking the attack. The two exchanged a flurry of blows, and appeared evenly matched until...

Zero stood there, awaiting the next attack, he could tell Dragoon was slowing, all he had to do was continue working away at him slowly, time was his. As Dragoon leaped in for a brutal attack, he already saw it in his mind... parry, duck, spin around and end it. It was the opening he had been looking for to end this conflict. Something went horribly wrong though...

As Dragoon landed his blow, and Zero was cut in half at the torso, he seemed almost surprised. A voice echoed in his head though his receiver, "It is done, move on to the next phase." He knew this voice well, it was the one that had guided him down this path, to face the ultimate adversary in the former leader of the maverick hunters. Zero's systems were shut down, all that was left was to dispose of him.

In the instant before Dragoon's attack would land, Zero's systems had been interrupted by the maverick virus that had been created as part of him, Sigma had found a way to tap into that connection and at the opportune moment, see to it that Zero would be a problem no more.


FAOT is dead. He was Zero, town sane cop.


It is now N1, please get actions in promptly.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia N1: Zero Down!

Postby Lataro » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:25 pm UTC

Running... she had to keep running...

Iris had heard a voice in the now empty halls of Maverick Hunters HQ, she didn't know who it was, but she knew one thing, when she heard it say address a Sigma as "master", she had to get help.

Unfortunately, the person talking had heard her, as she moved to find help.

There was no use keeping quiet now, the person wasn't far behind her, and she couldn't find anyone in these halls.

"Zero! Zero! Help!" She screamed over and over, but he never came, as the figure bore down on her, and cut her head off...


b.i.o is dead, he was Iris, town doctor.

It is now Day Two.

Five alive, three to lynch. LYLO.

Deadline will be ~1PM EST Wendesday.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:13 pm UTC

Interesting.

Observations: I was roleblocked last night. Not that it, like, did anything, but you know.
More observations: what's that you say? A "sane" cop, perhaps implying an insane cop?

I mean, assuming there are just two cops, and that the insane cop is town, that may actually be useful to know. Though, of course, it depends on whether the insane cops (if there is one) works like he's a cop on opposite day, or is his results are just random. Or, possibly more misleading, they could be paranoid.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:23 pm UTC

Yes, the specific sane cop is unusual. It does now cast a huge amount of wine upon any potential cop claims we will receive. If there are any more sanities, I would assume they are of the dethy kind (insane- opposite to what they normally give, naive-always town, paranoid-always scum) as that seems would be what Lataro would be most familiar with.

I can't really think of any role that would lend towards insane etc... cops. Maybe X as he trusts double who is the double agent?
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:26 pm UTC

Hrm...I could see General or Colonel as a paranoid cop, perhaps? (Seeing the Maverick Hunters as enemies, or Colonel's obsession with honor...)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm not a cop. Possibly the General, though.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
User avatar
Not A Raptor
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:30 pm UTC

I think there must be at least one scum in the people who voted for FAOT yesterday. I think the person with the weakest reasoning was Lorenz who also suddenly hopped onto NAR and then back onto FAOT again.

I don't like his "it's disturbingly easy to be suspicious of FAOT, therefore I will lurker lynch instead" stance he took. His fence sitting at this point regarding FAOT is a bit strange, even from the point of view of voting to encourage discussion. I certainly felt that FAOT answering Lorenz's points against him well which Lorenz did not even mention later.

FoS: Lorenz

Being careful at LYLO here.
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:48 pm UTC

Doing a quick re-read, I'm getting a vibe from DBC and NaR. Lorenz is also looking too careful. I want to do a more detailed read through, but at the moment, I'm thinking something like:

1. Not A Raptor (neutral/scum)
2. Lorenz (neutral/scum)
3. DaBigCheez (leaning scum)
7. weiyaoli (town)

I think what this basically teaches us is that I'm paranoid.

Mainly, my back is up against DBC because he seemed to be the one ringleading against FOAT. That might not be a fair move for me to make. Any additional thoughts or opinions are obviously welcome.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:I don't like his "it's disturbingly easy to be suspicious of FAOT, therefore I will lurker lynch instead" stance he took. His fence sitting at this point regarding FAOT is a bit strange, even from the point of view of voting to encourage discussion. I certainly felt that FAOT answering Lorenz's points against him well which Lorenz did not even mention later.


I can't say much more on my first NaR vote, I truly just wanted to spark discussion. The NaR votals quickly, and there REALLY was no reason for him to be voted, which is why I unvoted.
FAOT explanation of the quick wiki skim didn't make that much sense to me, since my first info came from 10 mins of googling, and I reached a completely different conclusion.


e_e, how do you know you were roleblocked, where you told?
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:32 pm UTC

I was told that I was being roleblocked, yes.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:33 am UTC

e_e: Yes, I was "ringleading" so to speak against FAOT, because I felt his logic was both terrible and scummy. I still don't think I was wrong about his logic, even though I was obviously wrong about him - I make no apologies for pushing hard based on that.

Still a bit busy atm, but a quick summary of my current reads on people:

e_e: I'm unhappy about some of their D1 reasoning (especially not wanting to vote FAOT based on "it seems like FAOT knows the flavor better" rather than any kind of argument as to why FAOT didn't look scummy); very little reasoning for the vote she actually *did* make, as well. Leaning Scum (and hopefully my read wasn't influenced too much by her opinions on me <_<)
Lorenz: Frankly, I'm not seeing where many of the accusations of scumminess are coming from - he seems to have generally been helpful and a good contributor. The one main thing I do see is the quick swap to FAOT towards end-of-day yesterday, but that's mostly an "in hindsight" thing - the logic generally seems sound. Neutral/Town
weiyaoli: Has been lurking pretty badly, and a fair number of posts have been just speculation. Acting a little better recently. Neutral/Scum
NaR: Is NaR. Spreading lots of wine about what he did for his own sake vs. what he did as a baitfeint...meh, my head hurts just trying to analyze anything he's said so far. Combined with his general lurkiness since, Neutral/Scum

Well, looks like I'm about as confident about others as e_e :/

Lorenz, NaR and I voted for FAOT - odds are obviously pretty good there's scum in there. That makes me question my read on Lorenz a bit more, since his vote was a swap-over and NaR at least had his vote there from early on...so, I guess I'm neutral or below for everyone. Fun.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 am UTC

Lorenz wrote:
weiyaoli wrote:I don't like his "it's disturbingly easy to be suspicious of FAOT, therefore I will lurker lynch instead" stance he took. His fence sitting at this point regarding FAOT is a bit strange, even from the point of view of voting to encourage discussion. I certainly felt that FAOT answering Lorenz's points against him well which Lorenz did not even mention later.


I can't say much more on my first NaR vote, I truly just wanted to spark discussion. The NaR votals quickly, and there REALLY was no reason for him to be voted, which is why I unvoted.
FAOT explanation of the quick wiki skim didn't make that much sense to me, since my first info came from 10 mins of googling, and I reached a completely different conclusion.


e_e, how do you know you were roleblocked, where you told?

Mhmm. There was no reason for me to be voted. LIES! There was every reason to vote for me. I was spreading wine, for fuck's sake! :P Makes me think you're being cautious scum, now that you got Zero lynched. I am fairly sure my baiting plot worked, and that you took it.

Vote: Lorenz
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
User avatar
Not A Raptor
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:54 pm UTC

Spreading wine? You posted a single time with content, where you voted for the most suspicious player (Before I voted you at least). I believe my idea was exactly the same as yours, getting people to follow and catching scum. I'd appreciate it if you took your vote out, at least let me make a better case, as it takes only 3 to lynch now. I'm sure we can catch scum making a better argument than "You are on of which took my bait".
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:20 pm UTC

Also, your point is a little moot now. If FAOT had been scum, then it would have made sense for people to jump into voting you (and 2 persons DID quickly jump), which is also why I grew more confident in FAOTs scumminess. However, FAOT turned out to be town, and since they did look scummy, was still a better choice for scum.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 pm UTC

:/ Makes sense. I hate it when I catch myself in a spiral of not playing up to par.

Unvote
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
User avatar
Not A Raptor
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:37 pm UTC

Lorenz wrote:Spreading wine? You posted a single time with content, where you voted for the most suspicious player (Before I voted you at least). I believe my idea was exactly the same as yours, getting people to follow and catching scum. I'd appreciate it if you took your vote out, at least let me make a better case, as it takes only 3 to lynch now. I'm sure we can catch scum making a better argument than "You are on of which took my bait".


I don't buy this. See:

Unvote

Just so we don't get a hammer. I still don't know who I want my vote to go to really.


Okay, fair enough NAR only had one post with content in which he voted for someone you felt scummy in so your vote could be baiting, but this post above just shows me how overly cautious you were being; careful to unvote NAR in case there was a lynch and then voting for FAOT when called out on this. I don't buy your baiting with this cautious play.

Views on other players so far:
E_E - (slightly townie)
Lorenz - (scummy)
DBC - (slightly scummy)
NAR - (towny)

Reasons:
I'm getting a good vibe from e_e. That roleblock claim seems legit to me personally and therefore I think e_e is pretty townie for being rbed. Reasons why I think Lorenz is scummy above. I just think I can see a sort of link between DBC and Lorenz. Lorenz first suggested DBC as scum, with a cautious fos which was then backed up by DBC also with a fos.

NAR is pretty towny because he has claimed Colonel and no one has counterclaimed him yet, so I think he probably is Colonel. I'm not sure if that is independent or town alignment but since Iris as I thought was town, Colonel is probably also town.
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm UTC

So, I just realized something interesting.

At least one of Lorenz or NAR basically has to be scum.

Why? It's three to hammer, and NAR voted Lorenz. If neither of them were scum, both could have voted Lorenz and won the game right then. The fact that they didn't implies one of four things, ranked in descending order of how probable I believe them to be:
1) NAR is scum, and they needed to get a townie on board to pull it off.
2) Lorenz is scum, and scum wasn't going to jump on that.
3) Both are scum, and it was a particularly odd distancing strat, which they knew to be safe since they could emergency-unvote
4) Neither are scum, and town just got super-lucky.

I think Lorenz is looking better to me than NAR - NAR's been all over the place with intentional wine and backtracking on the grounds of "obviously it was just a trap for scum". I believe NAR is scum who overplayed his hand.

NINJA'D: oooookay, I guess my view doesn't have universal agreement? :roll: And I presume you mean "Lorenz first suggested FAOT as scum", not suggested me as scum? Again, I'm not going to apologize for pushing hard on FAOT's bad logic.
You do raise a decent point that NAR hasn't been counterclaimed and e_e claimed roleblock out of the blue, though, so I might need to rethink this...hmm.
Based on prior voting history etc., likely scumteams are:

NAR/weiyaoli
Lorenz/e_e

Both of those have an uncountered claim in them; I don't think an e_e/NAR scumteam is realistic, and while there's nothing to specifically prevent a Lorenz/weiyaoli scumteam it just doesn't carry the ring of truth to my mind.

Thoughts?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:03 pm UTC

Well, I'm going to post my speculation, and see if anyone agrees with me.
My analysis was the following.
Lorenz - Town
NaR - Town (He is the only one I trust right now.)

Given these two things, there are 3 scum teams possible. (I am completely disregarding the possibility of an independent)
1.- Weiyaoli - DBC
2.- Weiyaoli - e_e
3.- e_e - DBC

I really don't think team number 3 is likely, given the last posts by them. Of course, that's what they may want us to think. The single post that still makes me doubt this is when DBC uses his huge FoS, he is defending e_e. That can of course, mean nothing.

This would leave Weiyaoli as definite scum, however, I am worried that this may be because my read on him is very weak.

e_e's claim of being role-blocked also worries me a lot. Especially because of her earlier supposition that extra powers may all be town. I trust that if there IS a role blocker, it's on the scum side. Still, I can not find a way to logically put this info together, and reach a conclusion.

As for DBC, I have no idea. Except for the fact that he voted FAOT, and his slick last minute vote, he's posted from many different angles. The only thing that gives me a little confidence is that he did not vote NaR. If he had, then he would have put me and FAOT in a very difficult position to defend.

NINJA-D
I suggested DBC as scum???? (Oh... double NINJA-D, did you mean FAOT?)

I definitely do NOT like DBCs analysis. I'm gonna post this as it is, and do an analysis on what he means.
I also need to reed Weiyaoli's post with more detail.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:11 pm UTC

Careful to unvote NAR in case there was a lynch and then voting for FAOT when called out on this.


I was not careful at all to unvote NaR. As soon as I logged and saw he had 3 votes I quickly unvoted. What I meant with the "I don't know who I want voted", was that I wasn't convinced enough to vote FAOT right then, which was in part for a quick log-in I had done. After I analyzed, I was pretty convinced FAOT was scum.
Anyway, that logic makes no sense imo. If I WAS scum, why raise so much suspicion on myself, when I could have voted for either? (This is, as long as NaR is town)
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:4) Neither are scum, and town just got super-lucky.

Thoughts?


You really think it's luck that on those specific hours where I had a vote nobody else voted? I don't know which timezone everyone is at, but when I went to sleep, I didn't have a vote. When I woke up, I did. Actually, scum would have had to be really lucky for both of them to be awake and vote.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby weiyaoli » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

I suggested DBC as scum???? (Oh... double NINJA-D, did you mean FAOT?)

Sorry, yes I meant FAOT.

Lorenz wrote:
Careful to unvote NAR in case there was a lynch and then voting for FAOT when called out on this.


I was not careful at all to unvote NaR. As soon as I logged and saw he had 3 votes I quickly unvoted. What I meant with the "I don't know who I want voted", was that I wasn't convinced enough to vote FAOT right then, which was in part for a quick log-in I had done. After I analyzed, I was pretty convinced FAOT was scum.
Anyway, that logic makes no sense imo. If I WAS scum, why raise so much suspicion on myself, when I could have voted for either? (This is, as long as NaR is town)

That is the definition of careful... :roll:

If NAR was lynched like that, and flipped town, it would have drawn a lot of attention of you as the person who started the bandwagon with no reasoning on NAR at all. Also, after you were called out for voting and then unvoting NAR by bio and not voting based on your given suspicions, the cautious thing to do, which you did would have been to vote for FAOT again as he was the person you had stated you were most suspicious of earlier on to avoid suspicions based on not voting based on who you think is scummy.

So yes, if you were scum, it would have been much worse for you suspicion wise had you not unvoted NAR and voted for FAOT again.
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:17 am UTC

I should probably let y'all know I won't be able to post for most of today, since I'm going to be out of town at a job interview (wish me luck)

Let me see what I can address before I go:

Lorenz wrote:e_e's claim of being role-blocked also worries me a lot. Especially because of her earlier supposition that extra powers may all be town. I trust that if there IS a role blocker, it's on the scum side. Still, I can not find a way to logically put this info together, and reach a conclusion.
I'm interested in knowing why you're convinced the role blocker is scum? Don't get me wrong, it makes more sense for it to be scum so that scum have a way of protecting against the vig. However, I could equally have been roleblocked by town. Town do occasionally throw night actions at other town. But - I do personally think in this case that it is more likely to be scum, just because I don't see how that power fits into town in this context. I was only earlier speculating a little on possible role distribution, and, given that we lost two town power roles overnight, and we know that there is a vig, it's entirely possible that us two remaining town are going to have powers. Personally, I'm worried with my votes because I'm guessing that the vig is likely to be someone who is looking slightly scummy in order to protect themselves, and I think that's why I feel like I'm not sure I can trust all of you.

I hope that makes some sense?
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:34 pm UTC

good luck e_e!
Well, we are reaching the 24 hour mark. We better start making progress.

@weiyaoli: I have already given my explanation. You do make a case that makes logical sense, however, I have given my explanation, and have nothing else to add.
@e_e: I prefer not to answer that question. If it is absolutely necessary, I will.

Anyway, I am more and more convinced of a DBC/weiyaoli scum-team. Hopefully I am not being misleaded by weiyaoli, who seems to be focusing only on putting pressure on my, and nobody else. He did put DBC on his slightly scummy list, but I don't see any attempts to confirm that.

DBC's failing to realize that NaR went unclaimed is really strange. I think it's much easier for scum to pass such information by, as they already know who is town.

I think we should propose voting strategies. My first idea was to let NaR decide who should be lynched. If we all agree on this, then the 3 town will vote for the same person, and it's all a matter of NaR having the correct read. Of course, this was when I thought everyone would think of NaR as town by now. We may be able to make some variation of this, and make it work.

The second thing that I can think of, is making a trust chain. Since town knows they have to vote for the same person as whoever they trust in order to have a chance of winning, we can make a chain like the following.
Weiyaoli trusts NaR, so they would vote for whoever NaR votes. e_e trusts Weiyaoli so they would vote for whoever Weiyaoli votes for. This is the only I can see working right now, and it comes down to NaR taking the vote again (Voting me or DBC).
case 1: Both me and DBC are town. We are doomed.
case 2: one of us is town, and NaR votes town. we lose.
case 3: one of us is town, and NaR votes scum. A second player on the chain votes, but the third may want to make further analysis. The other town not in the chain swoops in for the kill.
case 4: both of us are scum, town wins.

I know the previous strategy still poses some problems, but it's definitely better than not agreeing on something and having no chance of winning.
Ideas?

Edit after re-read: Case 3 can cause some funny problems, but it's still better than nothing.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:41 pm UTC

EBWOP: In case 4, I didn't mean town wins the game. Just town wins this vote.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby DaBigCheez » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:40 pm UTC

I think that strategy looks reasonable, Lorenz; though I didn't realize it earlier due to brainfail, NaR is basically confirmed town due to having no counterclaim as Colonel (barring an independent role, which I doubt), and I'm pretty sure that one of us has to be scum. (Obviously we've each got our own opinions on which, but I'm talking as to how it looks from an outside perspective here. And obviously, any statements on whether I thought both of us were scum would be pure wine; people will have to make up their own minds on that.) So, it seems reasonable to have the other three vote according to NaR's read; I'm not sure "trust chains" even really have to come into play here, if we accept NaR to be townie.

We don't get a lot of info this way, but I'm not sure of any voting strategy where we really do at this point - it's mostly just making sure we work together.

So, after the lynch (we pretty much have to hit scum, so I'm going to assume here the lynch hits scum - if it doesn't, that's pretty much game over), the following could happen, based on where the roleblock lies and what X does. I assume here that a scum roleblocker will be aiming for X, and a town roleblocker will be aiming for scum (well, duh):

If roleblocker is scum (it doesn't overly matter whether they're the one that survives (or if it's a scum group-directed power) or not, except to make #1 below more likely):
1) Scum kills a townie during the night. Vig kills nobody. It's LYLO again tomorrow.
2) Scum kills a townie during the night. Vig hits the last scum during the night. Town win.
3) Scum kills a townie during the night. Vig hits a townie during the night. Scum win.

If roleblocker is town:
1) Roleblocker misses. Same scenario as above. LYLO tomorrow. Massclaim will be necessary to determine whether a single kill was vig or scum (and game is over if there was a double-kill) - this is the trickiest one.
2) Roleblocker successfully blocks scumkill. Vig kills nobody. MYLO tomorrow, and the roleblocker will know with 100% certainty who the last scum is.
3) Roleblocker successfully blocks scumkill. Vig hits a townie during the night. LYLO tomorrow, and roleblocker will know with 100% certainty who the last scum is - though if they were the one who got hit by the vig, welp.

Given the above, I think it's probably best for the vig not to act tonight unless damn sure of their read - if the roleblocker's townie we get a good chance for more info and breathing room, and if they're scum, we have to lynch properly again at LYLO, not big surprise. Thoughts?

In the meantime, though, I think it comes down to NAR deciding the course of this game.
No pressure, though.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby weiyaoli » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 pm UTC

good luck e_e!

Lorenz wrote:Anyway, I am more and more convinced of a DBC/weiyaoli scum-team. Hopefully I am not being misleaded by weiyaoli, who seems to be focusing only on putting pressure on my, and nobody else. He did put DBC on his slightly scummy list, but I don't see any attempts to confirm that.

That is because you are the only person that I am pretty sure is scum. As for not "pushing" on DBC, most of my suspicion is because of a possible link between the two of you. Therefore, pushing against you both serves to see if you slip up or if DBC links himself to you somehoe. You really haven't changed my mind at all regarding you because like I pointed out in that post before yours, your explanation doesn't actually explain anything so I'm not sure where you gave your explanations already.

I'm not sure why you are suggesting that plan and in particular why it is "This is the only I can see working right now" (I assume you meant way?) when your first idea would work fine.


ninajed.
And you thought I was crazy...
User avatar
weiyaoli
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:You really haven't changed my mind at all regarding you because like I pointed out in that post before yours, your explanation doesn't actually explain anything so I'm not sure where you gave your explanations already

I'll try once again.
1) I voted NaR to see how people would react. This would give out scum a second target. This didn't work out because FAOT turned town.
2) votes on NaR reached 3 quickly. This made me unvote.
3) I voted back on the person that I thought was scummiest.

Now, if I was scum, I would have known FAOT to be town, and could have voted him right there instead of voting NaR. FAOT turning town would have then put a lot of pressure on NaR, who was the first to vote him. The fact that you can believe whatever you want, and put it together in a different way, doesn't mean that my explanation doesn't explain anything. It simply means that you don't want to believe it, find your own explanation more possible, or want to put town against me.

I, on the other hand, do not understand your claim of me being too cautious.

I'm not sure why you are suggesting that plan and in particular why it is "This is the only I can see working right now" (I assume you meant way?) when your first idea would work fine.


Reading back on my posts, I realize that I should re-read all of them at least twice before submitting. My grammar consistently terrible.
I meant: This is the only way I can see this second plan working with the information I have available.
That should clear things out.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Not A Raptor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:02 am UTC

Vote: weiyaoli

Mostly because every other lynch looks like a mistake to me. Lorenz could have had me lynched, Scum would have to be bussing at LYLO in order for DBC to be scum (everybody suspects him), and I don't have enough of a read on e_e to be confident of an e_e lynch. This is the only option.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
User avatar
Not A Raptor
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:18 am UTC

Makes sense to me.

Anything else anyone wanted to get out there before the day ends? Holding off vote to avoid cutoff of discussion via self-hammer; if nobody's got anything to say, or if everything is said, I'll throw mine on before I go to bed, as weiyaoli obviously won't vote for himself.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lorenz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 am UTC

Vote: weiyaoli

Going over and over the days events, this makes more and more sense. I am not going to hold on my vote because I don't see a reason to. I can only see bad things happening by procrastinating.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 am UTC

I think that enough time has been given; e_e seems to only post in the mornings, my time (longer than I feel like leaving it) and I'm not going to hold things up waiting for weiyaoli.

Vote: weiyaoli
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lataro » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 am UTC

It is now N2.

Flavor in the morning.

Get actions in quickly.

weiyaoli was Double, Cop-Immune, Scum.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia D2: The Death of Lovers

Postby Lataro » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 am UTC

Things were going exactly as planned thus far...

The Virus in Zero was activated to disable him so that fool Dragoon could have his pride served... He was such an easily manipulated pawn...

Then they had managed to take down Iris... a shame really, she had such potential, however, her death would enrage Repliforce's Coronal, and with the death of Zero blamed on them, the Maverick Hunters would go after them with all the force they could bring to bear...

Things were going so very well indeed, far better than the data burst from the future had indicated they had previously.


---


"Double, I think it's time you dealt with your target..." The voice echoed in his head, as it had been for some time. It had steered him, guided him, made him stronger... He would do as the voice asked of him.

He left the hanger, and went down the hallways, onward to his mission...


---

The halls of the Maverick Hunters HQ were empty, most of the forces were deployed, he had no trouble getting in undetected. He was focused on one thing only, bringing to justice the one whom had killed his sister.

As the Coronal continued forward, he came across his target. "You there!, I know your true nature, you'll pay for what you and your master did to my sister!" he shouted as he dew his saber and charged at Double.

Double awkwardly dodged the opening attacks, before revealing his true form, no longer the bumbling junior hunter, the form his master had granted him finally could shine free. He had wanted to save this for dealing with X, however, he could take care of the Coronal first. With him and X dead in Maverick HQ, the war between the Hunters and Repliforce would be unending.

They rushed in at each other, a flurry of blows and energy blasts. One side raging with anger at the loss of his sister, the other calm and reveling in the battle. As it continued on, Double saw his opening, he released an energy slash that was sure to end this fight. Victory would be his! Just as it would have landed however, the Coronal seemed to vanish. That was the last thing Double saw, as his head was severed from his body, by the Coronal whom had teleported behind him.

---

Meanwhile, Sigma had been hard at work planning for the next phase, having assumed Double would be able to take X by surprise and deal a blow to the Hunters that they would never recover from. That was after all X's greatest weakness. He was too much like those humans, too compassionate and soft. This would be X's downfall.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

The base had been breached, but by who?!

As Sigma went to check the sensors, it was too late, X was standing there before him.

"I knew you had to be behind this Sigma! You should know, that your puppet Double is gone, Coronal and the rest of Repliforce learned of your plans, took him out, and came to us. We are united against you, your plans have failed!"

Sigma glared at X, as he checked the monitors, it would seem that X was telling the truth, the remaining Hunters and Repliforce were converging on his location. What had become of his plans? He was perfect, he had planned for everything, he knew events from the future, this couldn't be happening!

In a fury, Sigma turned his attention back to X, back to the source of all his rage and hatred, the Maverick Virus that had been created by Dr. Wily so long ago fueled his need for the destruction of X, the last of Dr. Light's creations, and the rest of humanity that had rejected Wily. It fed him, gave him strength, and propelled him into action. He knew he could get the first strike, so long as he got that, he could finish X, and make new plans, once he was gone, the rest would be easy!

In a flash, he flung out an energy sphere at X, trapping him, as he rushed in for the kill though, X seemed to vanish. Curses! He had trapped only an illusion created by Soul Body! As he turned to find the real X, the distinctive whine of X's plasma cannon charging up built to an intolerable level, til finally, it discharged, sending a massive blast of energy at Sigma! With his last moments though, Sigma flung out his scythe at X, wounding him gravely just before the blast hit him!

As he lay there, his systems shutting down he saw X crumpled as well. With his death, the self destruct would engage, there was no way X could escape this, at least he would fulfill Dr. Wily's dreams...



DBC was shot by X, he was Sigma, Scum Roleblocker.
e_e was killed by the mafia, she was X, Town Vig.


In the distance, they could see Sigma's base going up in a blinding flash... as the soldiers of Repliforce stood waiting for the order to attack, the base they had prepared to storm was vaporized by a massive explosion. X had gone on ahead to confront Sigma, what fate had befallen him? Was Sigma finally destroyed for good? Would reploids and humans ever live in peace as equals? These questions still lingered, but for now, the war was over...

Game over! Town has won!

NAR was Coronal, Vanilla Town.
Lorenz was General, Vanilla Town.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lunch Meat and 12 guests