[Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 am UTC

Man, I'm glad I made the right choice :P At least one of my gut instincts was right.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Lorenz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:36 pm UTC

Nice shot!

I thought you were going to be role-blocked again.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 pm UTC

I wonder who was role-blocked. I'm pretty glad it wasn't me again, though, otherwise we'd have been in an awkward position, and I wouldn't have blamed town for lynching me.

Oh - and did the rest of town actually have power roles? Would be nice to know what else there was.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Lorenz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:42 pm UTC

It's mentioned at the end. We were vanilla.
Since I was vanilla that's why I was sure NaR was vanilla, which made scum the role-block. I didn't want to mention that and let scum know who was vig.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:48 pm UTC

Aha! Quite ingenious, good sir.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Lorenz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 pm UTC

Reading the spoilers, looks like DBC had a really good plan I never even thought about, that would have really confused me. Getting wiyaoli to self vote.

Also, nice shot NaR! That was a good pick. We were really lucky I wasn't killed when you voted me.

But.. yeah. What happened to the roleblock?
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:13 pm UTC

Welp.

I really need to work on my scum endgame it would seem, was banking a lot on guessing correctly that Lorenz was X (and that I could convince NAR tomorrow). Might have let things go a bit too easily wrt weiyaoli.

GG :)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:44 pm UTC

Lorenz - I roleblocked *you*, thinking you were X. Then I'd have taken out e_e (General), claimed X before you could (ideally), and I think I would have had a good leg to stand on there - I even breadcrumbed it a bit in my first post of the game, and we both could have claimed "roleblocked last night".

Yeah, I really should have just waited for the weiyaoli self-vote - it would have made Lorenz look bad if it came quick enough, since it would look like that thing I said about cutting off discussion quickly. The reason I didn't (beeg meestake) was, essentially, frustration - I sent daychat PMs about it, and they were received, but nothing happened, nothing happened...well, it turned out I was just failing at remembering how the PM system worked (Lataro was online, weiyaoli was nowhere around) and getting frustrated for no good reason.

Without that hammer, not sure how things would have gone (since e_e would have been a bit less certain), but I don't think it would have gone too well; I was revved up for an X falseclaim, and if I'd had to claim General against Lorenz, I probably would have wound up claiming Cop, under the assumption of being Paranoid. But that would have backfired, both because my reads were flipflopping so heavily that it wouldn't mesh (unless I claimed to have copped b.i.o. as scum N1, thus showing I was a paranoid cop), and because Lorenz's counterclaim of "vanilla town" would have been a lot more believable to a "vanilla town" NaR.

I find it amusing that we took out two of the three power roles D1...and then got massacred by the third XD
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Not A Raptor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:55 pm UTC

DBC... I hope you're not mad, but I also really wanted to lynch you, too.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
User avatar
Not A Raptor
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:06 pm UTC

Nah, not mad :) I was acting on guesswork and the hope I could convince you about Lorenz, since I thought there were a lot of scummy-looking things he'd done that I could bring to light, plus a relatively convincing X falseclaim; my guesswork was wrong, and I knew there was a decent chance that you'd already made up your mind that I was the better lynch target :)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Lorenz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 pm UTC

Anyway, I think that was pretty epic.
We lost 2 power roles first night, and Sigma went down in a battle vs X at the end.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Not A Raptor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:13 pm UTC

Yeah, I'd vote Weiyaoli again just for that flavor. >.>

Here's a funny snippet from the IRC.

[13:18] <Not_A_Raptor> Also, epic flavor made me The Hero.
[13:18] <DaWorkinCheez> AN HERO!
[13:19] <DaWorkinCheez> also, flawless victory for repliforce :D (or wait, is Iris Repliforce or Mav-Hunters?)
[13:19] <Not_A_Raptor> I really don't know.
[13:20] <Not_A_Raptor> Zero, then Double.
[13:20] <Not_A_Raptor> The Colonel wins! :D
[13:20] <DaWorkinCheez> fried chicken for all! \o/
[13:20] <Not_A_Raptor> \o/
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment
User avatar
Not A Raptor
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:06 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:24 pm UTC

Yep...the final battle for the future of all human- and robot-kind, with our hero X finally coming face-to-face with the shadowy Sigma...good times ^_^

I think it was about half town snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, and half scum snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :P

Also - got lucky with the doctor-kill D1, it was just that b.i.o. was the only convenient target. Obviously I wasn't going to take out me or weiyaoli, Lorenz and NAR had voted for FAOT and thus were good to keep around for suspicion...I forget some of my reasoning on why e_e wasn't a good target, but I think it was just that she seemed potentially lynchable D2.

I also find it amusing that the only survivors were vanilla :>
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby Lorenz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:47 pm UTC

It's not flawless for repliforce... Iris did die.
However, Colonel should definitely get an extra point for lynching Zero. Sounds good for the flavor that colonel could want zero dead, more than a maverick.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby GLaDOS. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

Argh, so annoyed that I got voted off D1.

Should of claimed cop as soon as the first vote was put on me and then hoped the thought of a doctor would be enough to put scum off killing me. Wei/DBC were actually the top two people I wanted to cop. I almost immediately cop wei in most games just because I struggle to get any read on him. DBC because he was acting fairly scummy. Lorenz was next on my list after that.

EDIT: Yes I can't be bothered to account switch.
User avatar
GLaDOS.
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:12 pm UTC

Point of curiosity: What are the vig-tells everyone but me seemed to see in e_e? The only real red flag that got raised for me was the "I got roleblocked last night, not that it did anything", and that seemed so obvious a vig-tell that I just wrote it off as wine/bluffing. Other than that I didn't really see anything, aside from D1 rolespec seeming to indicate she was a power role of some type (just like, according to my thoughts at the time, everyone else in the game) - did I miss anything in particular?
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: [Turbo] Mega Mafia Game Over: A Peaceful Future?

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:00 pm UTC

There were a few times when I spoke explicitly that "we should do x, but we need to be careful that the vig is y". Basically, I just mentioned the vig and awful lot, and hoped that someone would see through my desperation. I've never been a vig successfully before, and my scumdar is normally awful, so you know.

FWIW FOAT totally nailed my metaplay. Disturbingly.
User avatar
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am UTC
Location: The Ocean of Regret

Previous

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests