Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES-Game Over: Bro's 4ever

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES-Game Over: Bro's 4ever

Postby Lataro » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:02 pm UTC

Lataro's PYP SNES BASTARD

Rules, from Weeks:

1. You may only talk about this game in this thread and in an appropriately named spoiler in the Discussion Thread. If you are not playing this game, you may not post in this thread.
2. You may not play to lose. This will be dealt with at the mod's discretion (expect an immediate modkill if you play against your faction).
3. Do not lurk. If you no longer want to or can't play, ask the mod as soon as possible for a replacement. If there are no replacements, you must keep playing until a replacement arrives or the mod decides to modkill you.
4. You may not edit your posts.
5. You may not post your role PM, or quote verbatim from it. You may paraphrase.
6. Votes and questions must be posted in

bold, on a newline.

You may also ask questions to the mod in PM.
7. You may not post game content in this thread after you are dead. (You may post death flavor.) If you are lynched, you are dead when the hammer is cast. Else, you are dead when the mod says so.
8. You may not post game content at night. It is night when hammer is cast or when the aforementioned deadline is reached.
9. The mod's decisions are final.

You will be given absolutely no info at all about the setup. There will be no MYLO/LYLO announcements. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. True ties, where no abilities come into play, are a NL.

You may trust your role PMs, there are no lies within them, I will assure you of that right now(unless I'm lying right now, that is.)

Day start of flavor will be announced once role PMs are out.

If ANYONE makes a post saying they are confirming without any actual content of any kind in it, they will be modkilled, this is not a joke, and there will be no exceptions.

There, now that I'm done copy and pasting from other sources, lets get down to new business, shall we?

Game Specific Rules:
1. Even if you are announced as dead, under no circumstances, are you allowed to read spoilers. I repeat, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, EVEN IF YOU ARE ANNOUNCED AS DEAD, ARE YOU ALLOWED TO READ SPOILERS.
2. You all agreed to, by signing up after the little disclaimer, to be active participants. Do so. I hate having to send out mod prods, but I will not be shy about doing so, or modkilling, if need be, however, you'll not be welcome in my games again if it comes to that, so lets all play nice and friendly, k? :P
3. Editted to add: You all have bonus win conditions, please keep in mind, they are BONUS wins, meaning, you must fulfill your primary win before your bonus win can be earned.

OH! That's right, I promised you guys this would be a semi-open game, didn't I? Alright...

The games people were assigned, in no particular order, were:

Harvest Moon
Secret of Mana
The Addems Family
Earthworm Jim
Busby: Clawed Encounters of the Furred Kind
J.R.R. Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings Vol. 1
Super International Cricket

There, enjoy.

Living Players:
1. Lorenz ()?sdrawkcab eb osla sisehternap eht t'ndluohs( dom eht gniregna fo raef rof ,amanap tfel nam A)
II. e_e (noʎ ǝʌǝılǝq ʇ,uop ı)
C. Ibarra (57696c6c2074686973206265206c696b65204e455320426173746172643f20416c736f2069736e27742043203130303f)
Four. webby (now I woN)
Pent. weiyaoli
Half Dozen. cjdrum (.llew hO ..."etamitlunep" dellac saw siht hsiw I ,oslA !sseug I ,tuo ti yrt ot emiT !eno ni neeb reven ev'I tub ,semag yldratsab evol I)
Final. ForAllOfThis

Roles are going out now. Please do not post until D1 is officially started by me!

Day One has started!
Last edited by Lataro on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:14 am UTC, edited 14 times in total.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES - D1: 16-bit Hell

Postby Lataro » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:17 pm UTC

The great evil had been defeated once by the heroes of old, or so the legends say. The world had moved on past those days of ancient legend, when as the rumors say, life was confined to a mere 8-bits. The days of ancient heroes banding together to fight a dark force were long over, nowadays, everyone was more interested in themselves. The old alliances that had once been forged to take on an evil greater than any one individual could hope to defeat had long since crumbled away.

Yet, in this darkness, a new light shined. A few had managed to band together in common interest, for they knew, that while the sun shined brightly on their world, eventually, inevitably, the sun would set, and darkness would reign again. That time was on the horizon, these few could see it, the sun, was setting...

Day One starts now!

Seven Alive, Four to lynch!

Day One ends at ~2PM EST Friday.
Last edited by Lataro on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Lataro

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:19 pm UTC

Whoever picked the Adams Family is awesome, that was totally going to be #4 on my list.

Though I doubt Lataro is capable of understanding the finesse and delicate humour of my personal first choice. In fact, I know he is not.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:58 pm UTC

Argh just wrote out a massive post about Earthbound being in the game because I didn't get my first choice of (you guessed it) Earthbound. Then I read the D1 opening post to see it was not in the game list. Which makes me doubt that posted list of games a lot (although I can confirm the second choice I got given is on the list).

I was thinking of role-spec for Earthbound as well and the psychic theme stood out as the most likely candidate for a role. Psychic things can get into our minds and Giygas, the last boss, is infamous in that game so would be a likely candidate for scum. The reason I was thinking of themes is because I know my role is based on a game theme rather than the characters or game mechanics themselves. Anyone else not get their first choice and it's not on the list?

Wei can't be Earthbound if the games were assigned first come first serve (as far as I know).

The second thought I'm having is that it didn't see a North American release? Wikipedia says it did though.. :| .

The third option is that it's some minor bastardry (I really did want Earthbound though, so if that's true, I hate you Lataro).
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:37 pm UTC

.WON taht pots ll'I dna noitcirtser gnitsop a ton si siht ,yrrow t'noD .yawyna meht fo tsoM .era emos emoswa woh ot sa deticxe m'I dna ,semag lla fo yalpemag ebutuoy emos was tsuj I ,lleW

I was beginning to make some role speculation but realized it's much harder than I though. There are a few games that I could easily see as scum as there's a big evil threatening their whole world. Secret of Mana and J.R.R. Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings Vol. 1. However, even Harvest Moon could bee scum I guess. PYPs are hard to figure out.
There's probably a reanimator role of some kind, since dead players can't look at spoilers.

As for strategy, I was thinking claiming could be good, by figuring out what everyone is doing at night we could catch lies in an easier manner. However, this being a bastard game scum may be able to turn this around in a number of unkown ways, so by writing this I kind-of convinced myself that it's a bad idea. Any thoughts?

@FAOT: I'm not sure I understand. You didn't get your first choice, and nobody got your first choice. That makes sense according to the assignment rules. I can confirm my game is in the list.
Lorenz

Postby cjdrum » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 pm UTC

Dammit Lorenz, I was about to say the same thing.

FAOT. Yeah, if somebody else picked that as their first game, then you'd both not get it, and get your second one. Ummm... yeah, I guess that's all I wanted to say there.

I also can tell you with absolute surity (is that even a word) that my game is unquestionably on the list... in a position that is not eighth.
:shock:
cjdrum

Postby cjdrum » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:04 pm UTC

EBWOP: It's not ninth either, in case you were wondering. I accidentally left that out, so...
cjdrum

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 pm UTC

Ohh ok I see. Complete confusion. For some reason I thought it was first come first serve. That means it gives us very little in the way of information (apart from someone else had earthbound as their first choice). I agree that it seems likely there might be a revive role, or potentially a lynch immune role. It's quite late here so i'll provide some rolespec tomorrow based on the games.

Just on instinct I think harvest moon is most likely scum based on the fact that it's quite a happy game series abit like farmville, but the game is surprisingly dark when you play it. That makes my second most suspicous international cricket, based on the idea that they are both the only two games that are based on 'real life' to some degree. It's the only link I can see right now. Anyone else can see any links I may have missed?
ForAllOfThis

Postby webby » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 am UTC

I should probably remind people that Lataro likes making games without traditional town/scum factions and that making assumptions such as a 5/2 split of town/scum may not be good.

The not reading spoilers when dead is interesting - a couple of suggestions would be that players come back to life, or that there's a role that can talk to dead players. Or it could just be a red herring.

My game is on the list.

Unfortunately I have knowledge of very few of those games, so not sure how much help I'll be with flavour-spec.
webby

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:40 am UTC

If it helps, my role has nothing to do with my game whatsoever. So - I'm guessing in some cases flavourspec will be completely useless, since the mod is clearly a lazy bastard.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 am UTC

I don't think the game list is going to help very much. Last time Lataro just assigned everyone the role of "Mod's Bro" which were all independent "SKs" who could chose a power to request. Therefore, I think it's very very likely that Lataro just decided to randomly assign people roles according to a setup he decided on beforehand (e.g. 2 scum/5 town, all independents etc...) Knowing Lataro of course, it's definitely something bastardly, maybe we are all town this time and need to lynch the mod.
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:37 am UTC

That seems to leave only one choice.

vote: Lataro
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 am UTC

Well I'm Harvest Moon, and I can tell you that I am not scum. I'm a Town Farmer.
My ability is being able to pass on certain vegetables and if someone eats them something will happen to them.
I do not know what will happen to who eats them, and I have yet to confirm with the mod how I can distribute my vegetables.

weiyaoli wrote:I don't think the game list is going to help very much. Last time Lataro just assigned everyone the role of "Mod's Bro" which were all independent "SKs" who could chose a power to request. Therefore, I think it's very very likely that Lataro just decided to randomly assign people roles according to a setup he decided on beforehand (e.g. 2 scum/5 town, all independents etc...) Knowing Lataro of course, it's definitely something bastardly, maybe we are all town this time and need to lynch the mod.

FoS: weiyaoli
I can confirm that my role is related to my game. I assume that each person's role is related to their game too. It's kind of suspicious that you try to hide that.

existential_elevator wrote:That seems to leave only one choice.

Why would you vote the mod? Or is that a joke post.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
Ibarra

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:05 am UTC

Ibarra wrote:
weiyaoli wrote:I don't think the game list is going to help very much. Last time Lataro just assigned everyone the role of "Mod's Bro" which were all independent "SKs" who could chose a power to request. Therefore, I think it's very very likely that Lataro just decided to randomly assign people roles according to a setup he decided on beforehand (e.g. 2 scum/5 town, all independents etc...) Knowing Lataro of course, it's definitely something bastardly, maybe we are all town this time and need to lynch the mod.

FoS: weiyaoli
I can confirm that my role is related to my game. I assume that each person's role is related to their game too. It's kind of suspicious that you try to hide that.

Let me point you towards:

existential_elevator wrote:If it helps, my role has nothing to do with my game whatsoever. So - I'm guessing in some cases flavourspec will be completely useless, since the mod is clearly a lazy bastard.

FoS: Ibarra

Why have you claimed your game and power this early? There was NO reason to do so. I'm thinking you may have an ulterior motive there.
weiyaoli

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:56 am UTC

That was because my game was being suspected of being the scum role.
I must have skimmed through e_e's post. Thanks for that.
Ibarra

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am UTC

I'm surprised at Ibarra's reaction. My comment was instinct based (no-one had agreed with it) and no-one knew you were that role Ibarra or were thinking you were acting scummy. Of course, there are times I wish I had been quicker to claim (mega-mafia). How ironic would it be if you gave a carrot to Busby though?

I'm not sure about voting Lataro. If we are all town, then I think it's more likely our bonus win conditions might be our true win conditions. I'll wait for the votals as not sure I want to waste a lynch voting for the mod.
ForAllOfThis

Postby cjdrum » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 am UTC

I dunno, Lataro might be a good lynch. Did anyone see NES Bastard? He killed off innocent letters and numbers :cry:

Also, Ibarra... Huh?
1. One person said Harvest Moon may be scum
2. No one said Harvet Moon was scum
π. No one knew you were Harvest Moon
6. No one said you may be scum
5. No one said you were scum

Ibarra, is there a problem here?
[b]vote: Ibarra[b]
cjdrum

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:57 am UTC

I'm leaving off that for what I like to call "jester paranoia", since a game as poorly produced as this one is likely to have suicidal roles. Give it a while to see how scummy it is. Hell, I'll even volunteer to be given some kind of food produce and y'all can see what effect it has on me.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 pm UTC

I was just clearing up the fact that someone was using faulty logic to role spec.
Oh and to avoid possible argument by repetitions later on in the game.
A simple "I think Harvest Moon is scum." may escalate into "He claimed Harvest Moon, I knew it. He is scum."

Besides. Why do you guys find it suspicious for a person to claim anyway?
Give Carrot to Lorenz.
Ibarra

Postby cjdrum » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 pm UTC

What? No!

The problem is that it was unprompted and out of the blue and no one expected it. The comment was just random rolespec which meant nothing, so...

1. That was slightly failtacular.
cjdrum

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:12 pm UTC

It may have been an overreaction to the rolespec, but I still think that it was the best way to clear it up.
Apart from that, there's nothing really wrong about the claim.
You guys know I'm Harvest Moon, I can give vegetables with certain effects that I don't know about. (and I'm town - This part is winey though)

I think Lorenz can confirm my ability that he received a carrot.
Ibarra

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:33 pm UTC

I am pretty suspicious that you gave a carrot to the person you knee-jerk reacted against when they speculated about you. Surely Lataro wouldn't be insane enough to include a public daykill in the roles, though?

Seriously, I'm suspicious that it gives you some kind of controlling ability. For town, you're not acting town.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:16 pm UTC

Well if he doesn't want to eat it, he can choose not to eat it.
Like I've said, I don't know what eating the food does. Up to him if he's willing to risk it or not.
Ibarra

Postby Lataro » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:52 pm UTC

Votals:

Lataro - 3 - (e_e, cjdrum)

Seven Alive, Four to lynch.

Lataro

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 pm UTC

Three votes?
If that isn't an error then that means we have a doublevoter.

Mod: Did you type in those votals correctly?
Ibarra

Postby Lataro » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:56 pm UTC

I made no error.

Lataro

Postby Lorenz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:I am pretty suspicious that you gave a carrot to the person you knee-jerk reacted against when they speculated about you. Surely Lataro wouldn't be insane enough to include a public daykill in the roles, though?

What? I don't quite understand that. I surely said Harvest Moon COULD be scum, but in a way that meant I thought it was unlikely.
. However, even Harvest Moon could bee scum I guess.

It was FAOT who made a slightly stronger accusation
Just on instinct I think harvest moon is most likely scum based on the fact that it's quite a happy game series

Even so, I think that there's no point in taking those speculations seriously.

I confirm that I indeed received a carrot, and that it's my choice wether I want to eat it or not. I'm still considering, but I am pretty hungry.
It is strange that Ibarra claimed for what seemed like no reason, however, their power could potentially help us if we know what things are being distributed to whom. I'm saying that their claiming could be to our advantage. If you trust me then it is very unlikely that Ibarra is scum.
The PM says what the possible possible outcomes (no error in using the word possible twice) are. Nothing that looks scummy.
Unless they have another power I doubt how they would be scum. Maybe if they have a bunch of different vegetables that they know what their effects are. I guess I can't discard it either.

Ibarra: Do you have a limit of the amount of food you can distribute?
Lorenz

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 pm UTC

Lorenz wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:
I am pretty suspicious that you gave a carrot to the person you knee-jerk reacted against when they speculated about you. Surely Lataro wouldn't be insane enough to include a public daykill in the roles, though?
What? I don't quite understand that. I surely said Harvest Moon COULD be scum, but in a way that meant I thought it was unlikely.
I know, Lorenz, and I'm saying that I'm suspicious because Ibarra over-reacted to your statement in particular, and then offered you a carrot, despite you at that point only having made one post. And, also despite me volunteering. However, I'm not sure how terrible Ibarra's power could be, because only a complete idiot would put daykills in a game as tiny as this, though I don't for once question Lataro's ineptitude.

Care to share the possible possible outcomes?
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Ibarra » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:49 pm UTC

I can only distribute one vegetable once per day.
I don't know what effects the vegetables I send does either.
Perhaps I can change what vegetables I send in?
Ibarra

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 pm UTC

Okay so either e_e or cjdrum is a doublevoter. I think we need to know which so that we can't accidentally hammer.

You guys should probably unvote Lataro, we are already ( :shock:) at L-1 and I suspect that a mod lynch would probably end in a NL and scum right now can come along and "accidentally" hammer.

possible possible outcomes

This does also allow for the Ibarra (possibly the mod also) to decide whatever action he wants to happen, as the effect just happens to fall out of the possible possible outcomes given. What was the wording of the bit about this (you can blank out the outcomes if you feel you don't want to reveal them)?
weiyaoli

Postby Lorenz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:04 pm UTC

Care to share the possible possible outcomes?

Very much. I can share tomorrow, as I can only see scum benefiting by knowing right now. (If the outcomes are always the same, which I doubt, knowing what they are could be helpful in the future. RIght now, I think it's better not to speak of them. If this causes too much wine and everyone agrees to it I can say what it is.)

Ninja-d by weiyaoli. I agree with unvoting Lataro, it makes no sense to risk a lynch on a silly vote.

What was the wording of the bit about this (you can blank out the outcomes if you feel you don't want to reveal them)?

You think that it could be so healthy that -----, but it could also make you sick and -----.

It does appear to me that one of those 2 outcomes are the only possibilities, but I don't discard getting something completely different.
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

We have to be careful with the bastardry, votal counts etc could quite easily be lies. There's the possibility that some scum power could effect the votals that we don't know about. I do agree you need to unvote though. Lynching Lataro without any particular reason probably won't help us.

I'm not quite sure who to be suspicous of at the moment. I have no read on Ibarra, but don't think the claiming is worth a vote just yet. I'm more suspicous of cjdrum/e_e for the potentially concealed double vote right now.
ForAllOfThis

Postby cjdrum » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:28 pm UTC

Well, uh... I'm not a double-voter, as far as I'm aware...

Let's
unvote: Lataro

Because even he could be Town, believe it or not. With no discussion, I mean.
cjdrum

Postby webby » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am UTC

It's possible that e_e has a bonus win for lynching the mod and gets a double vote to do help do it. Care to confirm or deny this? I will say however, that my bonus win is rather more mundane than that.

Regardless, I see no reason to think that double vote is more likely to be either town or scum.

Lorenz, I'd say eat your vegetables - if it's anything like Lataro's last game, the consequences could range from losing your vote for the day to getting an extra night action. (Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the consequences of this. :P) Maybe Ibarra should expand on what the possible consequences are first, rather than just saying 'not scummy'?
webby

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 am UTC

You guessed entirely right, webby, the mod is as predictable as that :D
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby cjdrum » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:19 am UTC

existential_elevator kills modfolk?

I think it might be comrade-y to give her a win today, maybe. At least, after some discussion, of course.

Maybe not. But I think that as Townsmen and Townswomen (maybe, I don't think so but just in case), it'd be good to let EE have a bonus win for when Town wins. Or maybe not.

Heck, she might even feel like helping our self back :)

Mind bullets, anyone?
cjdrum

Postby existential_elevator » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 am UTC

I know at the moment I'm reluctant to vote for anyone other than that scheming son-of-a-bitch Lataro. As a mark of good will, or in case my win happens to overlap with someone else's lose, I will

Unvote

I'm aware that having a double vote is a danger to town, and could be misused by scum. As such, I'll avoid voting anyone if my vote would put them at L-1.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Ibarra » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 am UTC

Why are you even considering attempting a lynch on the mod?
It's going to waste one day's worth of lynching assuming the mod does get lynched.
If you're town you should concentrate on lynching threats to the town.

Also webby, like I've said, I do not know the effects of the vegetables I give away.
Ibarra

Postby Ibarra » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 am UTC

EBWOP:
From what Lorenz said, it seems to have both a positive and negative effect.
Ibarra

Postby Lataro » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 am UTC

On these words, a voice screams, seemingly from nearby, "Help! Help me! Heeeeeeeeelllllp!"

Turning to the west, you see a large castle, lit magnificently from behind by the sun. Again, you hear a voice, this one deep and menacing, which booms,
"PATHETIC HUMANS! LISTEN, AND LISTEN CLOSELY! IN MY CASTLE, I HAVE ONE OF YOUR DELICI-- uh-- PATHETIC FRIENDS LOCKED AWAY. OH, THEY ARE SAFE... FOR NOW, AT LEAST! HAR HAR HAR!"

As the man laughed, a tower was seen sprouting from the castle.

"YOUR FRIEND IS IN THAT TOWER. IF YOU WANT THEM BACK, YOU WILL HAVE TO RETRIEVE THEM, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! HAR HAR HAR!"

At that, everybody went quiet, trying to figure out who was missing. Suddenly, the voice boomed again, "I'M NOT SO STUPID THAT I WOULD JUST TAKE THEM! NO, ONE OF THE SEVEN OF YOU IS ACTUALLY A DECOY. A BUNCH OF PIXELS, STOLEN FROM HERE AND THERE! HAR HAR! I'll give you until the end of the day, and no later, before your friend becomes ROAST MEAT! HAR HAR HAR!"

Votals:

None!

Seven Alive, Four to lynch!

Lataro

Next

Return to Mafia