Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES-Game Over: Bro's 4ever

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES -D3: Hobbit Down!

Postby Lorenz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:35 pm UTC

Sorry.. Don't know how I missed that.
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:07 pm UTC

Lorenz wrote:In this case, that I don't see too unlikely either, If I'm very suspected as scum and we're reaching end game, I will be probably a good lynch target, giving too much control for scum.[/b]

One kill doesn't mean that we are anyway near end-game.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm UTC

No, but two kills do.
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:59 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:Why didn't you vote yesterday Ibarra? Especially as Wei's vote was very last minute. I could have understood had Wei's vote been quite early (as another vote would have caused a draw) but it wasn't.

I was unsure of whether to vote cjdrum or Lorenz.
I was thinking of something regarding the reasons behind Lorenz's denial of my vegetable given that it had no possible downside.
By the time I was ready to vote cjdrum, my internet had gone down and I couldn't vote.

Now regarding my thoughts on Lorenz.
I was contemplating whether or not his immunity is one-shot or not.
I still think his ability is a scum ability. That's why I would want to lynch him now.
But if his ability is really a passive one, then why did he refuse to eat the vegetable when he didn't have to lose anything?
The worse thing it could have done is roleblock him.
Then it hit me. What if roleblocks affect passive abilities too, and he has been told beforehand that it did affect this.
That would make more sense why he didn't want to risk it. It would prevent his immunity if it indeed wasn't one shot.

As such, I still think a Lorenz lynch would be best for the day. As it will determine the condition of his immunity.
Vote: Lorenz
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
Ibarra

Postby webby » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:27 pm UTC

I don't think anything has changed since yesterday, so I'm not going to change my vote. I'll give Ibarra a chance to give a vegetable first though - just in case e_e decides to speedlynch for some reason.
webby

Postby Ibarra » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:32 pm UTC

Oh I forgot about that.
I'm waiting for Lorenz to reply to what I said before handing out the vegetable.
Ibarra

Postby Lorenz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm UTC

@Ibarra: I know it doesn't look good, but I really did think there was something fishy about the veggie. I really doubt that it will block my unlynchability, go ahead and give me the veggie, I'll eat it, and if it blocks me, then lynch me. If not, we should really start looking for someone else to lynch.
Lorenz

Postby Lorenz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 pm UTC

Also, I'm good with eating the veggie now that I've seen it was the same effect the second time. If it's always the same then there could have been no tricky play by Ibarra, which is what I thought originally.
Lorenz

Postby Lataro » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:53 pm UTC

Wow, I just realized I made a huge mod fail. I messed up on cjdrum's role reveal.

In addition to everything listed before, he controlled a twice per day flavor control.

I can't believe I made the same mod fail I made when I sent him his role in forgetting to initially tell him that.

As you were. :P
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:01 am UTC

This is where e_e jumps in and says: "Lataro lied to us!!! Let's lynch him'
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:25 am UTC

Give Lettuce to Lorenz.

So I'm going to give the veggie to Lorenz and we should attempt to lynch him today.
Hopefully this will clear up the wine surrounding Lorenz's unlynchable-ness.
Ibarra

Postby Ibarra » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:27 am UTC

EBWOP:
That's assuming he does get roleblocked.
That's a 50% chance.
Ibarra

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:57 pm UTC

Ahhh as I thought, CJ controlled the flavour related messages. I assumed it had to be LOTR, otherwise someone could have counterclaimed the bit about Lorenz. I'm not sold that Lorenz will be able to be lynched, so I'm going with my instinct on this one.

Vote: Webby
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 pm UTC

Prepare caesar salad with the lettuce, and eat it

Maybe we will know the outcome publicly this way, ridding us of some wine.
Lorenz

Postby existential_elevator » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm UTC

Lorenz wrote:This is where e_e jumps in and says: "Lataro lied to us!!! Let's lynch him'

Genius!

...so, we're gonna lynch him, right? Because, like, otherwise you're just keeping me in an unwinnable gulf, and there's basically no point. Whoever leads a lynch against Lataro will have my undying loyalty. I'll write it in blood or other suitable bodily fluids if you want.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Ibarra » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 am UTC

Lorenz:
Anyway, so Lataro sent me a PM telling me you ate it.
What was the effect?

FAoT: IMO we should try to make sure of his unlynchability. If he is unlynchable, then now is the time to check it after he has eaten the veggie.
Ibarra

Postby Lorenz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:42 am UTC

I have been role-blocked(Maybe Ibarra will come out and let us know this is yet another thing he did know, maybe even controls). Lataro also confirmed my unlynchability is still intact. I do think staying with the plan of lynching me is a good idea, especially if Ibarra can confirm. My only hope is to clear the wine surrounding me so we can move on to hunt the scum.
Best case scenario there's no night-kill again and we didn't loose anything. Most likely case is that there is a single NK that hits town, and we'll have lost a single town and a single independent.
As of me, I have been to busy defending my early actions to actually scum-hunt, which I will start doing.
Lorenz

Postby Lorenz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:03 am UTC

There's something fishy about this post and this post. Ibarra's claims of me being role-blocked being a 50-50 chance make me certain that they either
a) received new information regarding their ability (unlikely)
b) has always known what the effects of the veggies are beforehand, no only until after giving the veggie. Especially if the effects are always the same, they must have known what hey were from the very beginning. Has any claim of this sort been made? I failed to find anything.

I'm not saying that's scummy, just strange. Care to explain Ibarra?
Lorenz

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 am UTC

Okay, I think lynching Lorenz is probably the best idea right now. If he is an anti-town role (and telling the truth mostly), this probably presents the only opportunity I can think of that he might be lynched (since my rb is night only).

One other thing I picked up:
I can clear up any wine surrounding me today if I go left un-roleblocked tonight. My power is publicly announced so everyone will see it. I'll reveal my entire role tomorrow despite what happens.

Care to explain FAOT? I did not rb you last night so why did you not use your power?
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby Ibarra » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 am UTC

The first veggie's good and bad effects were "Night Action Immunity" and "Roleblock" respectively.
The second veggie's good and bad effects were "Night Action Immunity" and "Roleblock" respectively.
I assumed that the third one was the same. It is already a pattern after all.
Ibarra

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:18 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Care to explain FAOT? I did not rb you last night so why did you not use your power?

It's limited use and tied to my bonus win. I'd prefer to use it when someone is lynched, or the use won't benefit us. If I don't use it tonight because people decide to lynch Lorenz and it doesn't work, I'll have to claim tomorrow.
ForAllOfThis

Postby webby » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 am UTC

Apologies for my absence, I've had a very busy week. I'm guessing FOAT's power is the reason we can't read spoilers after we die.

I'm going to vote for Lorenz now as I was planning to before, because I can't see why e_e would speedlynch. Of course we don't know if he's telling the truth about being roleblocked, or if the roleblock affects this particular power, but while there are no nightkills, there's not really any downside if it turns out to be a No Lynch.

Vote: Lorenz
webby

Postby Lorenz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 am UTC

webby's last post is pinging me and I can't figure out exactly why. I went through all his posts and there doesn't seem to be anything too much one direction or the other. Everyone has claimed something about their powers, and webby hasn't.
He either has the power for which we can't read spoilers or that's FOAT as he suggested, and since FOAT will be claiming soon I don't think webby would have made that assumption if there wasn't a good reason for it (we all have a claim, and he isn't that power).
So... because of lack of information, and the way he has been cruising through the game (and that strange vote play FAOT has well examined).

Vote: webby

Not that it matter much anyway, as It's probably me being lynched again anyway. I would rather not have a NL anyway, as NKs may happen sooner or later.
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 am UTC

Theres a good chance I'll die tonight if I don't use my power now so we need to lynch someone. Heres some stuff you should know:

1) If the lynchee dies, they will be resurrected the next day.
2) I should get some indication of that persons alignment.
3) My power will negate any NK's during the night.

So can we please definitely lynch someone? It'll be more beneficial than a NL and Lorenz can be lynched tomorrow to check his unlynchability without any massive change to the game.
ForAllOfThis

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:00 am UTC

Why do you feel that you would die tonight FAOT? Especially before you had claimed all that?
weiyaoli

Postby Ibarra » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:05 am UTC

FAoT: The problem is that we don't have a guarantee that Lorenz will eat the veggie, and that the veggie will RB him like this time.
The conditions at the moment are pristine to test Lorenz's unlynchability, and getting them again may be very hard.
Ibarra

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:09 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Why do you feel that you would die tonight FAOT? Especially before you had claimed all that?

I claimed a limited use ability which is basically saying "I have a power role I have yet to use, kill me before I can use it".
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:08 pm UTC

Ibarra wrote:FAoT: The problem is that we don't have a guarantee that Lorenz will eat the veggie, and that the veggie will RB him like this time.
The conditions at the moment are pristine to test Lorenz's unlynchability, and getting them again may be very hard.

I'll definitely eat it. Actually, why don't you give me a veggie every day?
Lorenz

Postby webby » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:45 pm UTC

Yes, I've felt no real need to claim anything about my power. I can do so if people feel it necessary, and I am willing to use it as directed by a majority of players (although not using it correctly will lose my bonus win).

My initial theory about this game was that there was no traditional scum faction, that it would be like Lataro's first game, where the first win would be something that everyone gets (barring modkill), and the bonus wins were what we were playing for. Now I'm less sure, but I haven't been scumhunting in the normal way because I'm not sure of the form that scum takes.

Basically, I've been sitting around waiting for something to happen, and it hasn't really - the only person to die so far is a jester.
webby

Postby webby » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:47 pm UTC

Oh and I am of course perfectly willing to be lynched if I'm going to be resurrected anyway. :P
webby

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:51 am UTC

I'm going to reiterate: I think we should lynch someone today. I don't think we've made any progess in the last few RL days and people seem intent on lyncing lorenz, who I would only bring back anyway. As my bonus win is tied to actually having someone killed (and I'm currently fearing for my life), I'm going to extend an offer.

E_E if you help lynch webby today then I will vote for Lataro tomorrow. Theres no point in killing Lataro today because I'm going to use my power which will resurrect him (possibly negating your bonus win). Also, it's in your best interest for me to use my limited use power so I can't do this in the future. I know webby is at 2 votes so you could hammer.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm UTC

What do you mean by having someone killed? Lynched that day or do you actually kill someone? (Or something else entirely?)
I really dislike your offer to help lynch Lataro. Why should we lose another lynch? Besides, remember you are playing for your regular win first, and THEN you should worry about your bonus. It seems like you are trying too hard to get your Bonus win, not caring for your regular win condition (If you are town). This is leading me to believe you have a non-town role.
FoS: FAOT
Of course... maybe you don't actually intend to help lynch Lataro later on, but if you backstab e_e you are in deep trouble anyway, for their double vote.
Lorenz

Postby Lataro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 pm UTC

Votals:

1 - Lorenz (Ibarra)
2 - webby (FAOT, Lorenz)

Deadline in ~1 hour.

Lataro

Postby weiyaoli » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:32 pm UTC

I don't like the webby lynch but I guess I can't vote for Lorenz now and tie the votals. Although I suppose if FAOT is telling the truth, it seems like a complex cop/revive thing. I'm only a little wary of it being a cult; obviously the balance would be having to get the recruits lynched and stuff.
weiyaoli

Postby Lataro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:38 pm UTC

webby has been lynched.

Get actions in quickly folks, flavor in the morning.

Lataro

Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES -N3: ???

Postby Lataro » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:58 am UTC

Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock...

The passage of time is eternal, no known force in the universe can disrupt this awesome force....

Ya know what? Screw that.

Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit...

Time starts moving in reverse suddenly!

Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit...

webby's corpse is seen, springing back to life, having the noose removed from it's neck, the sun starts rising in the west!

Kcot. Kcit. Kcot. Kcit. Kcot. Kcit. Kcot. Kcit. Kcot. Kcit. Kcot. Kcit.

Suddenly, it's night again! Cjdrum's body is seen hanging again, time flashes by!

KcotKcitKcotKcitKcotKcitKcotKcitKcotKcitKcotKcitKcotKcitKcotKcit

He's seen alive again, before being lynched! The flow of time seems to slow after building to a rapid pace.

KcotKcitKcotKcit. Kcot. Kcit. Kcot. Kcit. Kcot... Kcit... Kcot... Kcit...

It is now Day Two. Seven alive, Four to lynch.

Deadline is ~6PM EST Friday.

Lataro

Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES -D2: Take Two

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am UTC

Yay, we are all back with extra time to figure what the fuck is going on.

I am Earthworm Jim, time-traveller. I can reverse gameplay 2 days, only during the night. My bonus win is to use my power to bring a town aligned player back to life that was lynched the previous day. I was hoping it would give me a sort of cop (i.e. I'd be informed if I had achieved my bonus win) but Lataro headed me off on that one so I still know nothing about Webbys alignment (but we do know he can be lynched). I wanted to activate it last night because I knew it would reverse back to D2 and we would still have one attempted lynch on Lorenz (so if unlynchability was limited use it wouldn't change anything) and we could bring back CJ to make the game last abit longer.

I hope this answers many questions including Lorenz's puzzlement on wasting the lynch.

Why should we lose another lynch?

I thought of it more as gaining a lynches from my perspective, but I didn't want to share this with the group at the time. We now haven't wasted a lynch on CJ.
ForAllOfThis

Postby webby » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 am UTC

Ok, well I know you have your bonus win!

So we have the following (in order of my confidence that their role is true as claimed, and townie):
cjdrum - jester
FOAT - resurrector
weiyaoli - roleblocker
Ibarra - farmer
e_e - mod's lyncher
Lorenz - unlynchable

I'm the only one unclaimed, do you want me to claim now? I haven't actually used my power yet at all, partly for fear of losing my bonus win, but partly because I wanted time to see what was going on. As I said yesterday, I am happy to use it as directed, despite the fact that I might lose my bonus win.

I'm starting to consider the possiblity that there is no scum, because there haven't been any nightkills but I wonder how the game would end if that's the case. One theory is that might be something to do with e_e and lynching the mod and that we either win or we lose if we lynch Lataro?

I don't have a power that stops a nightkill, which means only weiyaoli does, unless someone is lying about their role.
webby

Postby Ibarra » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

So far two of the veggies I gave both had the negative effect. I highly doubt that this time it will be the negative effect again...
I still want to test out Lorenz's unlynchability at the moment though.
Ibarra

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:44 pm UTC

Does that mean cjdrum doesn't win? In any case, it's better to just ignore him since unless the mod is lying to us again (like the last game).

I don't have a power that stops a nightkill, which means only weiyaoli does, unless someone is lying about their role.

Well, if everyone is telling the truth, no-one has a kill either.

FAOT, is your power one shot?

I think right now I see the game ending with either us successfully lynching Lorenz or lataro. Either that or webby is scum since everyone else has claimed something that can be proven (unless lots of people are lying).

I think Ibarra should give the vegetable to Lorenz again and we can see if we can lynch him.
weiyaoli

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia