Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES-Game Over: Bro's 4ever

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [Micro] Lataro's PYP BASTARD SNES -D2: Take Two

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:FAOT, is your power one shot?

I won't be saying for two reasons:

1) If it is one shot I hope to draw a kill if there is one, by having that person think it is multiple use.
2) If it isn't one shot then telling you that will likely get my killed, which means I won't be able to use it again.

Basically, it will fuck with anyone who controls a kill or wants to stop me. What I will say is that I have no other power's alongside this one.

I think right now I see the game ending with either us successfully lynching Lorenz or lataro. Either that or webby is scum since everyone else has claimed something that can be proven (unless lots of people are lying).

One problem I have with this is basically people have claimed their roles, but this has no actual info on their alignment. Casing point is that your a roleblocker which is more traditonally a scum role. The way you have played though has been quite townie which is what I'm judging on. It seems we are lacking a cop and I think that webby controls some form of a kill (i.e. vigilante). The reason being is that he's offered to let the rest of us vote how to use it but possibly sacrificing his bonus win, usually only kills are voted on (using it like an extra lynch). If this is the case webby, I would suggest using it yourself because of the amount of indies we have seen in this game already.

Just to elaborate further on my bonus win, I think there has to be some bastardry surrounding it. As in that there might be just one other town player in the game, which would make resurrecting them extremely hard. I think that might even be Lorenz, that would be some real bastardry. I would have to get an unlynchable person lynched and then resurrect them before finding out their role.

Mind = BLOWN.
ForAllOfThis

Postby webby » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:16 pm UTC

Yes I'm a vig, and I bonus win if I don't kill any town.

I thought of killing Lorenz or Lataro, but didn't follow through with it because I wasn't convinced Lorenz wasn't town and I don't know what the consequences of lynching Lataro would be.
webby

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:
I think right now I see the game ending with either us successfully lynching Lorenz or lataro. Either that or webby is scum since everyone else has claimed something that can be proven (unless lots of people are lying).

One problem I have with this is basically people have claimed their roles, but this has no actual info on their alignment. Casing point is that your a roleblocker which is more traditonally a scum role. The way you have played though has been quite townie which is what I'm judging on. It seems we are lacking a cop and I think that webby controls some form of a kill (i.e. vigilante). The reason being is that he's offered to let the rest of us vote how to use it but possibly sacrificing his bonus win, usually only kills are voted on (using it like an extra lynch). If this is the case webby, I would suggest using it yourself because of the amount of indies we have seen in this game already.

Of course this was from my PoV. Those were the only people I could see being scum, possibly Ibarra I guess but I don't understand why scum would have a gifting power.
And you thought I was crazy...
weiyaoli

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Of course this was from my PoV. Those were the only people I could see being scum, possibly Ibarra I guess but I don't understand why scum would have a gifting power.

Unfortunately that gifting power has only given roleblocks out so far. I'll take the gift today if we want? Or do we want to try Lorenz again?
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:21 pm UTC

I hope this answers many questions including Lorenz's puzzlement on wasting the lynch.

It does.

Also, I guess this means cjdrum hasn't won yet. It appears that him and e_e can't win without help from others, so I am actually wondering now if there's a way for all of us to win. If we all claim our win/bonus-win condition we might be able to figure out a way to work together and make sure we all actually win? I'd like everyone to answer how they feel about this.

Also, feel free to give me the veggie/lynch me. It doesn't seem like we're gonna have any kill tonight either unless webby goes for it. If you lynch me and webby withholds then we're back in space 0 again, unless there's another night kill and we're finally gonna have something to go on to scum-hunt. I mean, there's claims for everyone now, so we can just go ahead and test them right?
cjdrum - jester
FOAT - resurrector
weiyaoli - roleblocker
Ibarra - farmer
e_e - mod's lyncher
Lorenz - unlynchable
webby - vig
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:50 pm UTC

Just my view of the current situation.

Most likely scum (from my PoV):
Lorenz
Wei - Ibarra
Webby
e_e
cjdrum

The problem is, Lorenz looks like a trap that was specifically set up for you Webby, so is understandable why you are nervous. Lynching both Wei and Ibarra might be a good move, if no scum is found then you could use your kill on Lorenz (he's not going anywhere). I.E., win by elimination.

People already know my win condition (I win with town) and my bonus win which I'm now feeling pretty confident I got given the Vig claim.

Wei, does your bonus win mention anything about blocking a kill?
ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:52 pm UTC

EBWOP: The bonus win's so far have all been connected to the powers.

I therefore expect Wei's to be 'Roleblock X'
Ibarra's will be get X amount of people to accept vegetables.
Lorenz's should be get lynched possibly on day X.

etc etc.
ForAllOfThis

Postby cjdrum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 am UTC

So, uh...

Hey guys, I claim LoTR, Mafia. Lynch me?

I don't know what I can do any more. It'd be nice to be lynched tomorrow, but I guess there's not much I can do about it.

So... Yeah. :/
:shock:
cjdrum

Postby Ibarra » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:25 am UTC

Give random vegetable to Lorenz

It does seem odd that the two veggies I've given so far both were the negative effects (roleblocks).
IDK what to think about that. The odds of getting the negative effect twice are 1/4, but if it happens again...

FAoT: My bonus win is for two people to eat veggies and one person to reject a veggie.
Since you went back in time, my bonus win for the two who ate veggies was cancelled.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
Ibarra

Postby cjdrum » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:40 am UTC

That's a logical fallacy in so many ways.

First: This is a bastardly game. There is no non-bastardly promise that there is a probability of a positive effect.
Secondly: The chances of getting three negatives in a row, assuming 50/50 chance either way, is 1/8, yes. However, the chance of having a negative after two negatives is still 1/2.

Just checking you know :D
:shock:
cjdrum

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:17 am UTC

Ok, so I gained immunity for the whole night. I have been thinking of the scenario of the game and reached a fun conclusion. First of all, my full claim.

I am the mana beast (Legend of mana), scum. I may not be lynched, and win with town dying. My bonus win was to never get a lynch attempt on me. I am the only scum.

The way I see it, we are a bunch of independents fighting town. We all have our win condition but I seriously doubt that town wins by just killing me, as it would be too simple (or too hard if webby dies and everyone is telling the truth). My guess is that town wins by eliminating all of us. They are pretty much scum. They have a NK (the only ones apparently?). So, my plan is this, all of us independents (I don't really see myself as scum anymore, just as another independent) should get together and make sure we all win, maybe bonus and all.

So, what do you say cjdrum and e_e?
We kill Webby, Weiyaoli, FAOT, Ibarra, Lataro, Cjdrum? If this doesn't go well according to your win conditions we can modify it.

Is there anyone else who wants to jump in on the "Let's all win" bandwagon?

Vote: Webby
Lorenz

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:18 am UTC

And by win conditions I also mean bonus.
Lorenz

Postby webby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Well that's an interesting way of looking at it. Unfortunately I don't win that way - I need all threats to town eliminated. :P

My suggestion is we kill Lataro today, giving e_e her bonus win (ie we let her hammer).
I withhold my kill during the night.
We lynch cjdrum tomorrow, giving him his bonus win.
Someone eats Ibarra's vegetable tomorrow, giving him his bonus win.
I then kill Lorenz tomorrow night.

Does that make everyone (except Lorenz) bonus win?
webby

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 am UTC

Oh right.. Cjdrum bonus wins day 3. That would make my plan lynching Webby, Cjdrum Weiyaoli, FAOT, Ibarra, Lataro in that order.
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 am UTC

e_e, we're going to give you you're bonus win now, but could you side with us? ;)
Townies, we all should vote Lataro now to not give e_e and an incentive to vote webby.
Vote: Lataro

webby, you should try killing Lorenz. As I've said, I suspect his immunity can be blocked as I think passive abilities can be blocked.
He could just be lying with his entire revelation at the moment. We have nothing to lose if we target him.

weiyaoli, I suggest that you not block webby. This entire thing could settle some wine behind Lorenz' (scum's) immunity.
Ibarra

Postby Ibarra » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 am UTC

EBWOP:
webby, if Lorenz is indeed night-action immune then targeting him would just be like withholding your kill.
Town has nothing to lose if you do target Lorenz.
Ibarra

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:19 pm UTC

e_e: I would just like you to note that if it wasn't for me proposing my plan, nobody would be talking about letting you win. You have your win assured, could you pick my side pretty please? :P
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:08 pm UTC

E_E hasn't posted in ages so massive plan FAIL on your part Lorenz.

More importantly, you don't know how many rewind time uses I have remaining. I win with Lorenz's death and I might be able to make it very difficult for independents to achieve their winning conditions if they don't help me win.

What's most striking is that bonus wins seem to rely on lynches. At the very most you can hope to gain one from helping Lorenz, or (at least two) from helping town. That's going to swing it anyway.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm UTC

Yeah, I highly doubt you can go back in time multiple times.
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:32 pm UTC

Ibarra wrote:EBWOP:
webby, if Lorenz is indeed night-action immune then targeting him would just be like withholding your kill.
Town has nothing to lose if you do target Lorenz.

Did you give him the vegetable today?
ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm UTC

Lorenz wrote:Yeah, I highly doubt you can go back in time multiple times.

EBWOP: Ok.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 pm UTC

Ibarra wrote:Give random vegetable to Lorenz

I got me spinach.
Lorenz

Postby webby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:21 am UTC

Ok, sounds like we have a plan. Lynch Lataro today, and assuming that doesn't make anything weird happen, I'll try killing Lorenz tonight.
webby

Postby webby » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:21 am UTC

Vote: Lataro
webby

Postby Lataro » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm UTC

Votals:

webby - 1 - (Lorenz)
Lataro - 2- (Ibarra, webby)

Deadline is in ~57 hours.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby Ibarra » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm UTC

Unvote
I realized that we may be rushing this a little too fast.
We still may be able to vote Lataro for e_e's win, but 56 hours is still long enough.

Perhaps e_e needs to post first. (She may get modkilled after all.)
We also didn't consider what may happen if we indeed vote the mod.

Prod: e_e

Also remember e_e, we are planning to give you your win today.
Ibarra

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 pm UTC

Sorry, I have literally just gotten off a plane from Sweden. Can I go sleep now?

vote: Lataro

I'll figure out what's going on when I've done that thing you do after you've been through an airport. Slept? Been frisked? I forget.
existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby Lorenz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 pm UTC

We haven't heard anything from Weiy in a while either....
Lorenz

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:42 pm UTC

Sorry, was meaning to post before the deadline and was expecting two days since e_e has been so inactive but I can't really post game content now that e_e has hammered.
weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm UTC

EWBOP:

Nevermind, didn't see Ibarra's unvote.

In which case, my bonus win is not linked to roleblocking X people but rather roleblocking scum. Since I've RBed FAOT or refrained each time, I'd expect I have yet to get that.

More to come, don't hammer please anyone for a bit.
weiyaoli

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 pm UTC

What I will say before there is any hammering is that you should be cautious if your vig is limited use webby as Lorenz has claimed immunity (although this is pure wine).

On a similar note, we're making a lot of plans based on this:

I am the mana beast (Legend of mana), scum. I may not be lynched, and win with town dying. My bonus win was to never get a lynch attempt on me. I am the only scum.

and I have a gut feeling the last bit is a lie. Why would Lorenz, as scum, offer up any useful information to us?I Surely it would have been better to keep quiet on the matter if you were the only scum. Argh, I actually hate wine.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lataro » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 pm UTC

cjdrum has been prodded, lets keep the activity level high here people.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
Lataro

Postby Lorenz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:06 am UTC

Why would Lorenz, as scum, offer up any useful information to us?

Because it's also helpful to me?
Lorenz

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:54 pm UTC

Only if it's false. Telling us your the only scum doesn't benefit you in anyway (if its true). Hell, telling the independents your the only scum doesn't even benefit you. The less we know the higher the chances of your faction winning.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Lorenz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:20 pm UTC

@E_E:See? They won't help you hammer. Will you help me kill webby and I'll let you hammer whenever you want? It looks like they have a secret agenda. Hell, I know your busy. If you follow my plan you don't even have to pay attention to this anymore. Just follow my vote until you decide it's a good time to get your win. :P :P
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:41 pm UTC

I was actually waiting for e_e to unvote, so I could vote, so I could let her hammer for a bonus win, but I don't think I can do that anymore.
I can't go online during the deadline, so I'll leave it to FAoT or wei to decide if they want to vote.

At the moment, Lataro is probably going to be lynched by plurality anyway, so hammering him won't make a difference.
(In fact it'll give you guys (as I have to sleep already) some time to discuss.)

Anyway, I'm not sure what will happen to those who do lynch Lataro.
Lynching the mod is a big thing. Hopefully there's no hitch to lynching him...

Also, I believe we should kill Lorenz. At the very least, we can kill off a scum member.
So far we have the claims:
Lorenz: Death-Immune Scum. I believe that there's no harm in attempting to kill/lynch him. I also think roleblocking him removes his passive death immunity. If what he says is true and he's the only scum, then by killing/lynching him, the game will end.
e_e: Mod Lyncher. Basically we're letting her win this day.
Ibarra: Farmer-Gifter. Gives vegetables that could give positive/negative effect. (Night-action immunity/roleblock)
webby: Vigilante. Can kill at night. I believe webby's telling the truth.
weiyaoli: Roleblocker. Roleblocks people at night.
cjdrum: Jester
ForAllOfThis: Time Manipulator. Can turn time back. Not saying if one-shot or multiple use.
Ibarra

Postby Lorenz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:05 pm UTC

We're close to deadline.
E_E: If you get here in time. Unvote and vote Weiyaoli. Your best bet right now with town is for everything to stay the same or someone else to hammer. If you vote weiy then you can win with bonus at any other time. Stay with your vote and you'll only get you normal win. I've played all my cards, and was hoping all independents would side together. You are my only hope.
Lorenz

Postby Lorenz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:06 pm UTC

And by Weiyaoli I meant Webby.
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:06 pm UTC

I just noticed something Lorenz, why are you pushing so hard for webby's lynch.
webby's not the only one who's claiming town and looks townie.
I would say FAOT also fits the bill.

Now why are you pushing so hard for webby's lynch?
Oh wait. Isn't he a vig?
Why would you want to push the lynch on the vig especially since he said he would target you.

I think the reason is simple:
a) Your immunity was after all, one-shot, and if we lynch/kill you now, you die.
b) My veggie did roleblock you and your immunity, so you don't want to die.

Also e_e still hasn't arrived and I really can't stay online anymore.
Ibarra

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm UTC

I'm not stupid. I won't be hammering Lataro unless something goes drastically wrong, as I can only see negative consequences for those voting. Actually webby, it would be bloody wise to remove your vote. Let e_e take any wrath of Lataro, and we can sit back and watch the fireworks. I'm not keen to have our only potential winning route (Block + Vig Kill) in jeopardy for an independent's win.

I won't be putting a vote down as I don't want the chance of any draws if webby listens to my advice.
ForAllOfThis

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia