VocTer Gaming

Think your art is better or your stick figures worse? Got a link to a site you want to share? Post it here!

Moderators: Jacque, Prelates, Moderators General

VocTer Gaming

Postby Jesse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 am UTC

Some of you will already be aware that I now operate a YouTube channel called VocTer Gaming, found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/VocTerGaming

I have experience in commentary from both FutureShock Wrestling and the XWA, and now I'm trying my hand at something completely different, eSports!

Tues/Weds/Thurs/Fri every week I commentate a professional game of Starcraft 2 for your viewing pleasure. Now that I've settled into it I'm looking to push on and expand my viewership, which is where you guys come in. Those of you who are already watching, please subscribe and post links on your Facebook and Twitter accounts. For those of you who haven't tried it yet then jump in, even if you're new to the Starcraft community I try to keep my commentary accessible to all levels of knowledge.

So come in, have a look around, I appreciate any and all feedback. Suggestions for games to cast, including sending me your own games, are welcomed. I'm also after any cool fanart, including a VocTer Gaming avatar for use on YouTube and forums like this, as well as a custom YouTube skin (Assuming I can figure out how to upload such a thing).
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Re: VocTer Gaming

Postby Jesse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:27 pm UTC

Okay, just wrapped up the Blizzcon series between dignitas.NaNiWa and mouz.ThorZaIN, game three is up in two parts. Some really good games between these two longtime rivals, really showing off the Swedish 'hit max food and then push intelligently' style. Definitely worth watching.
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 pm UTC

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Adacore » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 am UTC

I think it would be really helpful if, when you cast multiple-game series, you could put all the videos into a playlist when you've got them all done. That way it would be much easier to watch them in order, plus it would make it easier to avoid spoiling by seeing how many games are in a series (eg if there are 3 games in a bo5, you know it's a whitewash).

I'm loving the videos, by the way :mrgreen:
Adacore

Postby Jesse » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 am UTC

Ooh, playlists, now there's an idea. I will look up how to do that today (I am new to this whole youtube thing).

Thanks for the advice and love though, final game of MaNa vs DIMAGA is coming later today! I can't wait to find out who wins that.
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Adacore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 am UTC

One small piece of advice I would give on your commentary style is that I find you tend to be too complimentary of the players, at least when you're casting pro-level games. You frequently comment that someone is making an awesome play, or a great move, or whatever - but they're pros, good play is to be expected, unless it's something absolutely exceptional it's not that big a deal. It'd be more interesting (to me) if you pointed out the small mistakes people are making that give their opponents an opening for their play to work. I guess in a broader sense, I want a bit more analysis - to be told why one player won a tactical engagement and the other player lost out, and what the effect of that engagement is on the game overall (you do this bit quite well already, actually - I liked your commentary on the 1/1/1 build in Puma vs MC, explaining that the second wave of units was key, and that if Puma didn't make it through the attack he would lose).

Obviously for the lower level games you cast, complimenting the players on the good moves they make is a good thing. I guess I'm thinking you should change your style slightly between the pro and amateur games.

And thanks for reminding me - I never did get around to watching the final game in that MaNa - DIMAGA series. I was out for a few days and forgot about it :D
Adacore

Postby phlip » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm UTC

Adacore wrote:And thanks for reminding me - I never did get around to watching the final game in that MaNa - DIMAGA series. I was out for a few days and forgot about it :D

This is why the good lord invented RSS...
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?
phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:31 am UTC

Keep an eye on this week for me slaughtering a pro level player for what he's doing.

I'm very much more a colour guy than a play by play when it comes to commentary, I've been trying to work more analysis into my casts; especially now that I'm no longer the FutureShock ring announcer, so I need to put the effort in here and actually make something of it to make that not a bad decision.
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:53 am UTC

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby llamanaru » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 pm UTC

There's an error with the sound on episode 32, your voice didn't get uploaded.

Other than that you have some really good casts, I subscribed.
llamanaru

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 pm UTC

Recompressing and reuploading now, thanks for the call on that, hadn't checked the voice like I normally do.
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Return to Your art and links