Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Kag

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Postby Kag » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:37 pm UTC

psion wrote:Minor complaint is the cover system, or combat in general. Did anyone pick the hand stabilizer augs, the ones where you can fire more accurately while moving? If you're ever firing while moving, you're probably going to be staring at the game over screen in the next fraction of a second. I don't mind having to rely on cover, but even using cover felt too vulnerable. Blind fire is terrible, and popping out of cover for anything more than a second is suicide. I've even died using a cover-to-cover roll from an enemy at medium range that wasn't even facing me. The game forces you to sit behind cover, line up a headshot, quickly take it, and repeat. It gets dull.

Enemies are pretty dangerous, but I didn't find this to be the case even on the hardest difficulty.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

Zapheod

Postby Zapheod » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:29 pm UTC

quote="Kag"]
psion wrote:Minor complaint is the cover system, or combat in general. Did anyone pick the hand stabilizer augs, the ones where you can fire more accurately while moving? If you're ever firing while moving, you're probably going to be staring at the game over screen in the next fraction of a second. I don't mind having to rely on cover, but even using cover felt too vulnerable. Blind fire is terrible, and popping out of cover for anything more than a second is suicide. I've even died using a cover-to-cover roll from an enemy at medium range that wasn't even facing me. The game forces you to sit behind cover, line up a headshot, quickly take it, and repeat. It gets dull.

Enemies are pretty dangerous, but I didn't find this to be the case even on the hardest difficulty.[/quote]

I tended to either stealth by areas with lots of enemies or wait and melee ambush them. The "see through walls" augment was one of the most invaluable when it came to stealthing.

Anyone else feel like they had too many augments by the end? I think the XP from hacking might be a bit out of wack and need some fine tuning.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 pm UTC

Ok, so far this is a pretty solid game, but I do have a few issues with it.

• It's primarily a RPG, right? So why are the majority of the upgrades not-combat related? The only upgrades that are a direct boost to combat are the dermal plating ones and maybe power cells and the larger inventory ones. But a large inventory is always good to have and the power cells are useful for other things as well. The heavily armoured and augmented boss(es, I've only fought one, but I assume the others are similar) can take multiple clips and/or explosives to their faces, why can't I? One well placed grenade and I'm toast. Even some of the armoured mooks can take multiple shots to the face and keep moving. Why isn't there an option for armor at the cost of stealth? Or even permanent health upgrades? There's EMP/electricity shielding and the rebreather, but I'd love to see some more combat oriented gameplay and upgrades.
  • Then, hacking. It's way too expanded. Let me explain. First there's the entire hacking tree. It has 5 different security levels and then you have to learn how to operate the 'off' switch for cameras, turrets and robots? So that means to be a prolific hacker (which you want to be, for all the additional goodies and info) you need to spend a whole lot of Praxis points. Then there's stealth hacking, which you need to crack the higher securities unless you've got a shitload of nukes and stops, but this again takes Praxis points. Finally, there's the hacking information tree, to know what bonuses you can get while hacking. Couldn't that have been worked into the normal hacking tree? I think 3 security levels, one upgrade for bots/cameras/turrets, one upgrade for information and maybe two for stealth would've been better. But hey, that's me.
  • Stealth/pacifism. As it is now, I think the game relies too much on sneaking around. Get caught in the open by 2-3 soldiers and you're pretty much dead. You're supposed to be some bad ass, right? And the pacifism bonus. Why do you get bonus points for being a 'merciful soul'? Don't tell me it's because it is more difficult, 'cause it isn't. Take downs can be both lethal or not. Shooting someone with the stun gun is arguably easier than a headshot with my (silenced) pistol. And it's supposed to be a RPG, so we should be able to make our own decisions how our character would respond.
    Spoiler:
    I took down the dirty cop. I paid the mobster out of my own pocket, rather than extorting a somewhat innocent girl.
    I sometimes even knock out civilians caught in a firefight, so they can't get killed. I generally stun people if I'm not sure if they're evil or not. But sometimes, with persons or groups who are obviously evil (you know who I mean), I don't give a fuck if they live or die. Whatever's easiest to me. I'd sooner throw a frag then, so I can save the gas grenade for questionable cases. But not-killing them gives you 10 additional XP, which are not much on their own, but add up over time.
    Same with robots. EMP grenades are considered to be pacifist. Rocket launchers aren't, but the end effect is the same...

Well, I guess it's more design choices I don't agree with, it's still a good game though.

I'm thinking I've played too much of these games and watched to much similar movies/shows. Not to self-congratulate me, but these are some of the things (I think) I've figured out:
Spoiler:
Megan isn't dead (we never saw her die in the intro)
Adam is subject X, his parents aren't his parents and he's not rejecting the implants, so he's obviously something special. Maybe a genetic experiment?
Eliza was holographic when you saw her, someone in Picus mentions never having seen her alive and there was a massive energy spike. I'm thinking Eliza is an AI, housed underneath the Picus building (about to find out). I hope they're not pulling a MGS 2 and let her be for information control...

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:Did anyone else think the final boss fight was ridiculously easy compared to the others?
I killed the 3rd in under 10 seconds, so no. Mostly because I died once or twice to the last boss
Spoiler:
Once when the floor electrified and I wasn't expecting it to kill half the room... the other when I didn't notice she spawns some crazies behind you after you take out a pod.

Spoiler:
There are some breakable walls in that room, at the edges. Smash a wall and move inside (there's another breakable wall to let you out the other side), and the electricity doesn't hurt you. Then wait for the right moment before sprinting to the next breakable wall. I noticed that boss seemed to become vulnerable simply as a result of me breaking those walls; I think they were part of a computer system or something. And the electricity took care of all the mooks she sent after me. As for killing the turrets, plasma gun wins. I actually found the third boss extremely difficult in my first playthrough because my augs were disabled and my vision was all glitchy and I had no explosives.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:37 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Spoiler:
There are some breakable walls in that room, at the edges. Smash a wall and move inside (there's another breakable wall to let you out the other side), and the electricity doesn't hurt you. Then wait for the right moment before sprinting to the next breakable wall. I noticed that boss seemed to become vulnerable simply as a result of me breaking those walls; I think they were part of a computer system or something. And the electricity took care of all the mooks she sent after me. As for killing the turrets, plasma gun wins. I actually found the third boss extremely difficult in my first playthrough because my augs were disabled and my vision was all glitchy and I had no explosives.
Spoiler:
Well, I was trying to get over to her during the power surges. I assumed (incorrectly) that they didn't want you to just stand there for a few minutes and watch the room explode. Apparently it doesn't, and you win by default...

You can also jump up on the dividers between the quadrants and be safe if you have jumping. I didn't bother with the turrets, I just avoided them since they're disabled/destroyed once you take down the 3 in the center.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm UTC

Last boss was a complete joke.

Spoiler:
Hack terminal in the centre to complete phase 1.

Wait behind wall for phase 2 to start. Shoot her.

Win.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Well, I was trying to get over to her during the power surges. I assumed (incorrectly) that they didn't want you to just stand there for a few minutes and watch the room explode. Apparently it doesn't, and you win by default...

You can also jump up on the dividers between the quadrants and be safe if you have jumping. I didn't bother with the turrets, I just avoided them since they're disabled/destroyed once you take down the 3 in the center.

Spoiler:
Those dividers are the bits with the breakable walls.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:46 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Yes, I know, the breakable walls don't do anything though AFAIK. They're just an alternate way to get between segments (such as if you don't have jumping).

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:04 pm UTC

Morgue access troubles...
Spoiler:
managed to get down to where I have to enter the morgue. snuck in, so i have to takedown the policeguys (avoiding to kill them :mrgreen: )
I can't hack into the door in the time the surveillance camera looks back and forth.
And the wall grate only lead into a room with multiple cops. argh.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Zap the camera with the stun gun? That'll give you a few extra seconds, and shouldn't raise as much of an alarm as shooting it with a gun.

I actually blagged my way into the morgue by going in through the front door and getting the receptionist to let me through (just keep clicking the "appease" option). Result: police station full of people who aren't trying to murder me to death.

EmptySet

Postby EmptySet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:04 pm UTC

ArgonV wrote:Ok, so far this is a pretty solid game, but I do have a few issues with it.

• It's primarily a RPG, right? So why are the majority of the upgrades not-combat related? The only upgrades that are a direct boost to combat are the dermal plating ones and maybe power cells and the larger inventory ones. But a large inventory is always good to have and the power cells are useful for other things as well. The heavily armoured and augmented boss(es, I've only fought one, but I assume the others are similar) can take multiple clips and/or explosives to their faces, why can't I? One well placed grenade and I'm toast. Even some of the armoured mooks can take multiple shots to the face and keep moving. Why isn't there an option for armor at the cost of stealth? Or even permanent health upgrades? There's EMP/electricity shielding and the rebreather, but I'd love to see some more combat oriented gameplay and upgrades.
  • Then, hacking. It's way too expanded. Let me explain. First there's the entire hacking tree. It has 5 different security levels and then you have to learn how to operate the 'off' switch for cameras, turrets and robots? So that means to be a prolific hacker (which you want to be, for all the additional goodies and info) you need to spend a whole lot of Praxis points. Then there's stealth hacking, which you need to crack the higher securities unless you've got a shitload of nukes and stops, but this again takes Praxis points. Finally, there's the hacking information tree, to know what bonuses you can get while hacking. Couldn't that have been worked into the normal hacking tree? I think 3 security levels, one upgrade for bots/cameras/turrets, one upgrade for information and maybe two for stealth would've been better. But hey, that's me.
  • Stealth/pacifism. As it is now, I think the game relies too much on sneaking around. Get caught in the open by 2-3 soldiers and you're pretty much dead. You're supposed to be some bad ass, right? And the pacifism bonus. Why do you get bonus points for being a 'merciful soul'? Don't tell me it's because it is more difficult, 'cause it isn't. Take downs can be both lethal or not. Shooting someone with the stun gun is arguably easier than a headshot with my (silenced) pistol. And it's supposed to be a RPG, so we should be able to make our own decisions how our character would respond.
    Spoiler:
    I took down the dirty cop. I paid the mobster out of my own pocket, rather than extorting a somewhat innocent girl.
    I sometimes even knock out civilians caught in a firefight, so they can't get killed. I generally stun people if I'm not sure if they're evil or not. But sometimes, with persons or groups who are obviously evil (you know who I mean), I don't give a fuck if they live or die. Whatever's easiest to me. I'd sooner throw a frag then, so I can save the gas grenade for questionable cases. But not-killing them gives you 10 additional XP, which are not much on their own, but add up over time.
    Same with robots. EMP grenades are considered to be pacifist. Rocket launchers aren't, but the end effect is the same...

Well, I guess it's more design choices I don't agree with, it's still a good game though.

Eh, I think with a lot of those things you might just be looking for a different kind of game. It's designed to have heavy elements of stealth and exploration, rather than just being "You're a super-soldier and you walk in the front door and kill everyone with your super killy powers". It's not like there are any shortage of games where you can just run around in the open and single-handedly kill eight hundred enemy soldiers, after all. The game is supposed to hinge on the idea that just starting a shootout isn't necessarily the best option all the time. If anything, I'd complain that the unavoidable boss fights force combat on you when you should be able to stealth your way through. I do, however, agree that hacking might require a somewhat excessive level of investment... though you also get substantial experience rewards for doing it, so maybe it evens out?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:17 pm UTC

ArgonV wrote:Ok, so far this is a pretty solid game, but I do have a few issues with it.

Spoiler:
  • Stealth/pacifism. As it is now, I think the game relies too much on sneaking around. Get caught in the open by 2-3 soldiers and you're pretty much dead. You're supposed to be some bad ass, right? And the pacifism bonus. Why do you get bonus points for being a 'merciful soul'? Don't tell me it's because it is more difficult, 'cause it isn't. Take downs can be both lethal or not. Shooting someone with the stun gun is arguably easier than a headshot with my (silenced) pistol. And it's supposed to be a RPG, so we should be able to make our own decisions how our character would respond. .... I sometimes even knock out civilians caught in a firefight, so they can't get killed. I generally stun people if I'm not sure if they're evil or not. But sometimes, with persons or groups who are obviously evil (you know who I mean), I don't give a fuck if they live or die. Whatever's easiest to me. I'd sooner throw a frag then, so I can save the gas grenade for questionable cases. But not-killing them gives you 10 additional XP, which are not much on their own, but add up over time.

Your complaint is that it's not RPGy enough to let you play it as a Shooter?

I mean.. I do understand what you're saying, that part of the RPG experience isn't just making the sneaky choices and the charismatic conversation knowledge choices, but occasionally choosing to be the big dumb bruiser and solving every problem by smashing it into manageable bits.....

But you're right - if there's more heavily armored enemies out there who are supposed to be more or less like you (augmented human) then you should be able to mimic their modifications. And the presence of the superaug would somewhat fly in the face of your badass self being realistically taken down by 3 or so people in an open firefight.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 pm UTC

And what kind of kiddy RPGs are you playing where the majority of upgrades are combat related? Probably the inferior, non-tabletop variety.
Vapour wrote:Last boss was a complete joke.

Spoiler:
Hack terminal in the centre to complete phase 1.

Wait behind wall for phase 2 to start. Shoot her.

Win.

Fail
Spoiler:
2012 all the way, baby.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Kag

Postby Kag » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:31 pm UTC

Why isn't there an option for armor at the cost of stealth?

Because that makes no sense, mechanically.

Anyway, you could make the same argument about stealth. Only a few of the augments are actually geared towards a particular playstyle. Plus, You can get most of the combat upgrades you would want by upgrading your weapons.

Then there's stealth hacking, which you need to crack the higher securities

No, you don't. I promise. If you're quick (I'm doing it on a 360 pad, so that's trivial for PC players), at worst you need a little bit of luck.
The Great Hippo wrote:I am starting to regret having used 'goat-fucker' in this context.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:32 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Spoiler:
Zap the camera with the stun gun? That'll give you a few extra seconds, and shouldn't raise as much of an alarm as shooting it with a gun.

I actually blagged my way into the morgue by going in through the front door and getting the receptionist to let me through (just keep clicking the "appease" option). Result: police station full of people who aren't trying to murder me to death.

Spoiler:
Don't have one. Only have the bullety kind of guns. My combat rifle is silenced now though. Haven't used it in ages.. maybe I can do that without getting a billion cops on me.

And I likes my cops murdery. :mrgreen:
Last edited by el_loco_avs on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:03 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

Decker

Postby Decker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:34 pm UTC

A hacking tip that I didn't find out until later. If you have control of a node that is connected to two other nodes, you can start capturing one node, and then start capturing the other one while the first node is being converted.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

Kag

Postby Kag » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:16 pm UTC

And you can do the fortify thing at the same time as that, which is extremely useful.

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

Doing multiple things at once may have made some of the hacking puzzles easier (at least, once you're discovered). I did notice you could double-capture at nearly the end of the game.

Endless Mike

Postby Endless Mike » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 pm UTC

I noticed it pretty early, but I always forget to fortify.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm UTC

Decker wrote:A hacking tip that I didn't find out until later. If you have control of a node that is connected to two other nodes, you can start capturing one node, and then start capturing the other one while the first node is being converted.

I was like three quarters through the game before I realised this. It made hacking so much less of a chore.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm UTC

What does fortify do anyway? seems to have a high detection chance always, so i never bother unless i have nothing else to click.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 pm UTC

el_loco_avs wrote:What does fortify do anyway? seems to have a high detection chance always, so i never bother unless i have nothing else to click.

Slows down hostile capture time (by quite a lot at higher levels). But it's really only worth it if you get stealth to go with it.
ArgonV wrote:Stealth/pacifism. As it is now, I think the game relies too much on sneaking around. Get caught in the open by 2-3 soldiers and you're pretty much dead. You're supposed to be some bad ass, right? And the pacifism bonus. Why do you get bonus points for being a 'merciful soul'? Don't tell me it's because it is more difficult, 'cause it isn't.

If you are playing stealthily, you overall have fewer engagements. You can simply sneak through most rooms without even engaging the enemies. And if you do, it's generally in a way that doesn't trigger an alarm (and doesn't call reinforcements). Hence more XP to balance things out.

For example, the warehouse in hengsha where you need to get to the manager's office. I could have simply shot my way through it, and killed a dozen of soldiers and a massive bot. But I ninja'd through it and knocked two guards and killed none, getting much less XP.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

psion

Postby psion » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:If you are playing stealthily, you overall have fewer engagements. You can simply sneak through most rooms without even engaging the enemies.

You can, but it's not a rule. You can knock out every guard in a room if you please, netting a lot of XP. Conversely, if you're not playing stealthily, you can avoid engagements as well by running past enemies.

Kag

Postby Kag » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:13 am UTC

If you wanted to grind for xp, couldn't you just knock a guard out and let him get woken up over and over?

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:04 am UTC

el_loco_avs wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Don't have one. Only have the bullety kind of guns. My combat rifle is silenced now though. Haven't used it in ages.. maybe I can do that without getting a billion cops on me.

And I likes my cops murdery. :mrgreen:

Alternate solutions ftw!

Spoiler:
Stack boxes infront of the access-panel when the camera looks away. Then hack from behind the boxes. I'm sure noone was actually watching the camera feed :mrgreen:
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:19 am UTC

Kag wrote:If you wanted to grind for xp, couldn't you just knock a guard out and let him get woken up over and over?

I don't think mooks wake up unless one of his buddies finds him and wakes him up. And if that happens, they'll both be on alert and you'll have to wait for them both to calm down, which takes ages.

My way of grinding XP was to always hack electronics even if I had the code or password.

mr-mitch

Postby mr-mitch » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:26 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
Kag wrote:If you wanted to grind for xp, couldn't you just knock a guard out and let him get woken up over and over?

I don't think mooks wake up unless one of his buddies finds him and wakes him up. And if that happens, they'll both be on alert and you'll have to wait for them both to calm down, which takes ages.

If there's only two, you can knock the other one out while the other guard stands up (it takes a few seconds for them to become conscious again after being woken).

Putting boxes in front of doors was awesome, I can remember multiple times where a bot or guard has or has tried to kill me while I was hacking and the door was closed!

Enokh

Postby Enokh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:02 am UTC

I was actually kind of impressed that the NPCs would aim for my head. I got less impressed each time I got one-shotted from that, though.

And yes, this game has a lot of stealth shoved on you, which I feel is fine.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:17 pm UTC

psion wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:If you are playing stealthily, you overall have fewer engagements. You can simply sneak through most rooms without even engaging the enemies.

You can, but it's not a rule. You can knock out every guard in a room if you please, netting a lot of XP. Conversely, if you're not playing stealthily, you can avoid engagements as well by running past enemies.

While you can run around knocking everyone down stealthily, but then the game will be 50 hours long and not very much fun, so it's hardly a case that needs to be considered.

You can't both play rambo jensen and be ninja jensen, as explosives and machine guns make lots of noise, attracting tons of guards, which you generally need to take down.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:10 pm UTC

Well, if I want to play stealthy, I use the stun gun and or silenced pistol.

The way I defeated the second boss was satisfying! And too easy, if you ask me
Spoiler:
Stand near a generator, wait for her to get near, shoot generator, have EMP-shielding, shoot boss in the face with heavy rifle. Do this twice and she's toast.

Muz

Postby Muz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:15 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:While you can run around knocking everyone down stealthily, but then the game will be 50 hours long and not very much fun, so it's hardly a case that needs to be considered.

I beg to differ, sir. Taking the time to be as dangerous and stealthy as I can is half the reason I like DX so much. :D
Author of the Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, the epic comedic fantasy where reality TV heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!

Website: Michaelgmunz.com Twitter: @TheWriteMunz Facebook: MichaelGMunz

Xeio

Postby Xeio » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:45 am UTC

So I started my second playthrough and noticed
Spoiler:
They pretty much spell out most of the plot points you discover throughout the game in the first 30 seconds of the first cutscene, you just don't know what it all means at the time. :P

psion

Postby psion » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:50 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:You can't both play rambo jensen and be ninja jensen, as explosives and machine guns make lots of noise, attracting tons of guards, which you generally need to take down.

Have you tried? Enemies give up the chase surprisingly fast, and there's so many alternate routes that even with an alarm blazing the whole time you can slip through a facility without spilling too much blood. Sometimes it's a lot faster to zip through a vent that's right next to you than it is to finish off a room of enemies, or simply outmaneuvering them and running past. It's pretty fun, actually... More fun than the cover shooting is, in my opinion.

Plus, you can also play a full combat style with the various knock-out weapons (though ammo might be a problem). When doing a take-down, there's no point to doing a lethal one other than aesthetics.

el_loco_avs

Postby el_loco_avs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:33 am UTC

psion wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:You can't both play rambo jensen and be ninja jensen, as explosives and machine guns make lots of noise, attracting tons of guards, which you generally need to take down.

Have you tried? Enemies give up the chase surprisingly fast, and there's so many alternate routes that even with an alarm blazing the whole time you can slip through a facility without spilling too much blood. Sometimes it's a lot faster to zip through a vent that's right next to you than it is to finish off a room of enemies, or simply outmaneuvering them and running past. It's pretty fun, actually... More fun than the cover shooting is, in my opinion.

Plus, you can also play a full combat style with the various knock-out weapons (though ammo might be a problem). When doing a take-down, there's no point to doing a lethal one other than aesthetics.

That annoyed me actually. Lethal takedowns are useless tactically. I sometimes do it anyway, depending on my target.

Also first bossfight
Spoiler:
taught me how to throw grenades in a hurry. Damn, it was kinda annoying. I was dragging along a turret i hacked due to the game being obviously leading up to a big fight. Cut scene and it's behind locked doors? Fuck that.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:49 am UTC

Spoiler:
You can take a turret to the third boss fight at least, because it lets you get a few steps outside the lift before starting the cutscene. It's not much help though because it can't shoot him when he's cloaked.

Vapour

Postby Vapour » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:27 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I just waited around the turret and he came to be and unstealth, then I just hid around the next corner, with the turret still being able to hit him. He never re-stealthed after the initial suprise attack.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:32 pm UTC

I think I'm a hoarder :P I'm carrying around way too many weapons, I gotta make a choice. Right now I'm carrying a pistol with laser sight and silencer, tracer combat rifle with silencer, shotgun with double load and capacity upgrades, heavy rifle with cooler and +100% bullet capacity, a laser, a stun gun and a grenade launcher. Which leaves me with very little item/ammo capacity, but each weapon does have it's uses...

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:07 pm UTC

Finally beat the third boss.

I lugged a turret half way across the map, and made him visible with EMP mines.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 pm UTC

In the original Deus Ex, you were able to just run past the bosses or GEP Gun them in the face before they had a chance to talk to you. I miss that.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 pm UTC

Ok, so this video had me in stitches just now

Return to “Gaming”