Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG Game Over: Town Win.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG Game Over: Town Win.

Postby Lataro » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:39 pm UTC

Players:
1. Lorenz ("Admiring my weapon are you? The Dragon Stomper 49... only 6 were ever made for a lucky few... well not that lucky, I've killed 4 of them "- Fable 2)
2. DaBigCheez ("...a land of suffering and sorrow, caught in a spiral of death." -FFX)
3. Gopher of Pern ("Can I crush his neck now, master? Just a little? It's been a long time fantasy of mine..." ― HK-47, KOTOR)
4. Misnomer ("Soul of the mind, key to life's ether. Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel. Let strength be granted so the world might be mended. So the world might be mended." - Demon's Souls)
5. BoomFrog ("You'd better watch out! He knows about Timed Hits!" -Super Mario RPG: Secret of the Seven Stars (I had to google that cause I don't have any quotes memorized ))
6. Ibarra ("He was the only one I liked. He made me feel... like I had a heart." - Kingdom Hearts 2)

Rules:
1. Activity rules were clearly stated in signups, please don't run afowl of them!
2. Other standard mafia rules that you all know by now. Please don't post after hammer or deadline, even if the day hasn't been officially called.

Setup Info:
This is a semi open game I suppose, so I'll throw you the following info:

1. Any game quoted could not be received as a selection.
2. My opinion about selections played a huge influence, FAR FAR more than previous games in this series, even the games you didn't get but listed effected it. Quoted games played a role as well with listed but not gotten games.
3. Due to the above, some people are more awesome than others.

Roles are going out now, please don't post til I officially announce the start of D1 in my next post.
Last edited by Lataro on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lataro » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 pm UTC

Stories were still whispered, about those who came before them, challenged God, and lost everything. His chosen people had dared turn against him and allow an infidel to influence them, and God had laid them to ashes for their transgression.

From that act of destruction, a new life emerged, and was shaped to worship God, and not try and rebel against him as was done in times past. However, no matter the efforts, one as powerful as a God can not stop the formation of evil within society. Videoland was no exception...

Forces awoke, ancient and powerful, enough to even stand up against God and take him down, if they so chose. As the threat drew near, God called forth his greatest disciples to defend him...

Unfortunately, he had killed them last creation for failing him, so he had to settle for whatever followers he could round up.

As the battle is set to take place, Videoland can naught but watch, as these few decide their future...


Day One starts now!

Deadline is ~8 PM EST Thursday.

Six alive, Four to lynch.

Do not post to confirm, just post content!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:33 am UTC

Well, hopefully there is no mod's bro in this game, as weiyaoli isn't in it! :P

Knowing Lataro's love for unusual setups, I propose 1 scum, 2 indy's and 3 town. Which means town probably have to work with the indy's to take out the scum, but it will depend on what the indy's win conditions are. We should also be careful of being too cautious, like what happened last game. If it is indeed 1 scum, they will be pretty powerful, assuming that Lataro liked the games they picked :p
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:14 am UTC

Yeah, I'm finding it very likely that town would start without a majority, based on the previous Lataro PyP games. Lots of indies too, probably. Possibly another Subversive Militant Atheist, based on the start flavor? Or perhaps it's just that scum is the God-killers, town is the "disciples", and indies are just along for the ride? Hmm...

Suppose I should be glad Misnomer quoted Demon's Souls, I don't even want to think about how hard a scum with powers based on that game would be to deal with D:
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 am UTC

Last game town didn't have to work with indies, they were just a hindrance. Lataro mentioned it was a game were town had to be aggressive in order to win, and I suspect the same right now. Last note, making assumptions about the game will probably lead us nowhere. The best I can come up with is for us to list our received rank, to have an idea of how powerful each person is. Objections?
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:56 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Well, hopefully there is no mod's bro in this game, as weiyaoli isn't in it! :P
I wouldn't put it past Lataro, but your probably right. I think I've got a way to prove it though, we just have everyone break the bro code by claiming to be the mod's bro. Therefore:

I am the Mod's bro! High-five Lataro!
Gopher of Pern wrote:I propose 1 scum, 2 indy's and 3 town.
This seems like a good guess. I doubt there would be 4 town, although I think as low as 2 town might be possible if one of the high power players are town.
DaBigCheez wrote:Possibly another Subversive Militant Atheist
I doubt he'd put the exact same role in again. After the backlash from lynching the mod last time I think no one would be willing to support a mod lynch this game so that role would be unfair to the player. Although... it's a bastard game and someone out there got the least powerful role so maybe a difficult win condition is their 'punishment' for 'bad' taste in games.
Lorenz wrote:The best I can come up with is for us to list our received rank, to have an idea of how powerful each person is. Objections?
The problem with this is that the info is far more useful to scum then to town. This is asking power town to claim. I highly doubt town are simply the rank 4, 5 and 6 players, Lataro is a better mod then to do something so obvious.

Last game it was in towns interest to lynch any revealed indy or scum, however a mass claim would have revealed that town was outnumbered and they would get ganged up on. Everyone had an incentive to keep their personal info secret. I assume the same follows in this game.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:27 am UTC

Yeah; not liking the idea of listing our received rank. For one, I don't think it would really tell us anything useful - knowing who's "more awesome than others" doesn't give us any info about what type of power they have, nor their alignment, but it gives scum a better idea who to target if a high-ranking player isn't scum. About all it would tell us is whether Lataro just gave us all the same rank to mess with our heads, which isn't useful info to have.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:24 pm UTC

You are both right, I was thinking we would have more info for who to lynch, but you it will indeed be more useful for scum.

I am the Mod's bro! High-five Lataro!
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lataro » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

Boomfrog and Lorenz have been ritualistically sacrificed for sacrilege against God.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Ibarra » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:36 am UTC

Mod: Are BoomFrog and Lorenz really dead?

Gopher of Pern wrote:Knowing Lataro's love for unusual setups, I propose 1 scum, 2 indy's and 3 town. Which means town probably have to work with the indy's to take out the scum, but it will depend on what the indy's win conditions are. We should also be careful of being too cautious, like what happened last game. If it is indeed 1 scum, they will be pretty powerful, assuming that Lataro liked the games they picked :p

I don't think any setup spec at the moment would be helpful. I believe we at least should have some info first before we can speculate well. Based the previous games (especially the first one), we could end up as all town or something or have only one town.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lataro » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:55 am UTC

In flavor? yes. In fact? no.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:21 am UTC

I speak from the heavens (hell?):

It is actually really nice in here, I suggest you all join me. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It's just like jumping from super mario bros. level 2 to level 8 through a warp pipe. Besides, if you do actually die, worst thing that can happen is you just hit the reset button, right?
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:22 am UTC

Ibarra wrote:Mod: Are BoomFrog and Lorenz really dead?

Gopher of Pern wrote:Knowing Lataro's love for unusual setups, I propose 1 scum, 2 indy's and 3 town. Which means town probably have to work with the indy's to take out the scum, but it will depend on what the indy's win conditions are. We should also be careful of being too cautious, like what happened last game. If it is indeed 1 scum, they will be pretty powerful, assuming that Lataro liked the games they picked :p

I don't think any setup spec at the moment would be helpful. I believe we at least should have some info first before we can speculate well. Based the previous games (especially the first one), we could end up as all town or something or have only one town.


Well, unless someone wants to come forth with some info, what else are we going to talk about?

FOS: Lorenz

For suggesting we tell everyone our mod rank.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:22 am UTC

Lataro wrote:In flavor? yes. In fact? no.

I was sooo close to going and reading spoilers. Although it looks like the only one is Lorenz presumably complaining about the harsh justice and Lataro replying that he's not really dead.

Gopher of Pern wrote:FOS: Lorenz

For suggesting we tell everyone our mod rank.
This is all I've really got to go on also, but it's at least something to talk about and I don't want everyone so paranoid that they will get jumped on for anything they say that they avoid all discussion.

With presumably 3 or less town we've got pretty good odds just going off of a random lynch though. Maybe we should all just vote for someone "random" and then we all keep changing our votes until someone is lynched? It will at least give us an interesting record to look at tomorrow. And presuming that all the scum are individual independents as Lataro seems to love then they really don't know who is town and who is another indy so there won't be the "hidden hand" pushing the random lynch onto town. It should end up a truly random lynch. Of course if there is a 2 man scum team then this plan is somewhat foiled.

Oh! I thought of something to discuss. What do you think the independents goals will be? I doubt the mod will repeat very much so Militant Atheist and Jester are probably out. We might have a pure survivor again with some odd-ball ability. I highly doubt even Lataro would put a cult in such a small game. What else is left?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:09 am UTC

Well, if we're going to be pointing fingers:

FoS: Everyone who hasn't claimed mod's bro. If you claim, you are off this list. This was a great idea by BF and I don't see why it's been ignored.

As for enemies, I don't know what to expect, but another typical independent could be a lyncher.

Now, last game Lataro specified that there were no lies within our role-pm's. This wasn't specified this time. This will be tested tonight, but I would also find it possible for our role pm's to be complete lies.

Lastly, flavor says me and BF are dead. Clearly we aren't, so it's very possible that someone controls the flavor (or the mod's bro used a power for that).
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:21 am UTC

Why would we claim mod's bro, when we would get killed (in flavour) for it?

It's more likely to me that Lataro just killed you guys off in flavour because of the mod's bro thing, rather than a bro wasting their power on something as silly as that.

Lynchers, Jesters and survivors are the most common indies. I guess no-one is going to claim a power at this stage, so theres nothing like the vegetables of last game.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby DaBigCheez » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:35 am UTC

Lorenz, after what happened in previous games, I'm having a very hard time believing that claiming mod's bro would be a good strategy whether one is or not - obviously it would verify the claimant isn't the mod's bro, assuming the same rules are used, but risking Wrath of Mod seems like a rather foolish idea to a humble follower such as myself. Plus, I get a little uneasy about any strategy which is based around "This statement is a lie."

Best guesses as to indy roles: Probably a Survivor of some type, possibly with an additional win condition (i.e. "have gotten one vote away from being lynched" or something). Possibly a lyncher, or variant like "hammerer" (get the hammer vote on 2 other players). Gift-givers of some kind are possible, but probably wouldn't be trusted after late game (which isn't necessarily a reason Lataro wouldn't do it). And, I wouldn't rule out a Jester.

I'm honestly most uneasy about Lorenz right now, and a little skeptical of BoomFrog, mostly for suggestions which seem to be possible traps/most helpful to scum, and because I can never get any reads day 1 so I'm hypersensitive/inclined to jump on anyone.

Feeling alright about GoP thus far; no real pings, content's all speculation but it's day 1 so that's kind of unavoidable. I request more words from Ibarra, and ofc Misnomer (while we're not really close to the "lurker deadline", I'd like to have *something* to get a read off you two...)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Misnomer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:42 pm UTC

I'm not sure what all this business about mod's bro is about (*makes mental note to read previous game*) but the fact that BF and Lorenz are pushing for people to claim is making me nervous that we could have a non-standard cult or similar on our hands. :/ I think I will avoid claiming for now.

Not sure claiming mod's rank will be helpful in any way, and it sounds like the kind of thing that could cause problems. I wonder if claiming game picks might be more useful?
User avatar
Misnomer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:28 am UTC

@Misnomer: You'd have to read Lataro's spoilers for the NES PyP to get the full version, but basically everyone was the "mod's bro" which as part of the role you could never even slightly hint that you were the bro. It was a powerful independent role, and Wei got to be mods bro again in SNES because he won NES. So claiming to be the bro proves that you are not the bro. I doubt there is another bro in this game, but the intentional false claiming seemed like a good idea to prove it. However, I think Lataro has made his warning pretty clear and others should not claim as his response will probably be harsher on the next people to claim. In fact, I'm pretty sure Lorenz realises this as well so I strongly suspect that he is not town and would love to thin the crowd with vengful mod kills.

In fact, lets just make that a:

Vote Lorenz

Misnomer wrote:Not sure claiming mod's rank will be helpful in any way, and it sounds like the kind of thing that could cause problems. I wonder if claiming game picks might be more useful?
It's possible we have a lyncher and if we do he is probably targeting someone who is town, so I think that revealing any personal info is probably a bad idea.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Ibarra » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 am UTC

Nothing to little tells at this moment. Everyone has been kind of reserved. (go hypocrisy)
I believe that only Lorenz' proposal has been pointed to as scummy, but that's basically it.
Actually I don't think his proposal itself was scummy. It was a way to kick off discussion - kind of like RQS.
Plus he was only suggesting it.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:03 am UTC

To be perfectly clear. I am not in any way voting Lorenz because of proposing revealing ranks. I am voting him because he was pressing others to claim Mod's bro when it's clear that they would be likely punished for doing so. I think this is the behavior of someone who knows he doesn't have any team mates.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Ibarra » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:To be perfectly clear. I am not in any way voting Lorenz because of proposing revealing ranks. I am voting him because he was pressing others to claim Mod's bro when it's clear that they would be likely punished for doing so. I think this is the behavior of someone who knows he doesn't have any team mates.

Wait, but wasn't it you who proposed claiming Mod's Bro in the first place?
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby DaBigCheez » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm UTC

Ibarra, re-read BF's earlier post; he did initially propose the idea, he's critical of Lorenz for pushing it *after* it became clear the mod was not pleased ("Lataro made his warning pretty clear"). I'm feeling a bit better about BF now, since his responses seem to make sense with what's gone on thus far. Right now, Lorenz is the top of my suspicions list by a pretty long way - won't be voting just yet, but that's where my vote would go.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 pm UTC

I've still got no more reads on anyone. My FOS still stands; Lorenz still hasn't replied to the accusations, and they looked to be flailing. Slight IGMEOY for Ibarra, as the misinterpreted Boomfrog's vote, but that was probably innocent. Misnomer is not posting alot, and not posting much when they are. DBC is being helpful as usual, but they play a pretty mean game.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:09 am UTC

I'm very surprised about all the attention I'm getting. It comes down to 2 points:

1: Claiming ranks - Yes, I have already agreed that this is a bad idea, but at least it was something. I don't see any other ideas out there, at the moment of accusing me. It is really easy to wait for someone to make a mistake and pile up on it. I will not touch this subject again, as it just leads discussion elsewhere and everyone has already agreed of it not being a bad idea.

2: Claiming mod's bro after "dying" - I still say it is a good Idea, as NOTHING happened to me (as far as I know). I don't know about BF, but I suspect they didn't get anything. Yes, it may be a warning from the mod, but I would have suspected a warning to have more substance (being role-blocked for the night or something). I mean, if there is a mod's bro, they could have easily asked the mod to control the flavor for a day... (I have said this before, but I'm saying it again because it seems to have been ignored). I will not take this back, and I do still think it's a good idea for everyone to claim. At least, there's a pretty good chance that neither me nor BF are the mod's bro (if there is one).

I do like BF a lot right now, both for proposing the claim Idea, and for attacking me strongly afterwards (which I usually find to be a town play).

I don't however, like GoP. He accused me because of the rank thing, after It was pretty well agreed that it was a bad thing and didn't care to make new discussion. But mostly because of this.

"It's more likely to me that Lataro just killed you guys off in flavour because of the mod's bro thing, rather than a bro wasting their power on something as silly as that."

Really? Suppose you are the mod's bro, and everyone is claiming to be mod's bro. You will be pretty much doomed after everyone has claimed, so you need a way to stop it. It looks like a great way to use the power imo, and suggesting it's a silly way to use is just a way to try and take pressure of the mod's bro.

Thirdly, FoS's are weak. Give me your vote and don't hide behind a simple FoS, letting someone else lead the bandwagon.

Vote: GopherOfPern

Finally, everyone should put a vote down (without hammering preferably) as soon as possible, just to make sure we don't have a double voter like last game.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 am UTC

Lorenz wrote:I don't however, like GoP. He accused me because of the rank thing, after It was pretty well agreed that it was a bad thing and didn't care to make new discussion. But mostly because of this.

"It's more likely to me that Lataro just killed you guys off in flavour because of the mod's bro thing, rather than a bro wasting their power on something as silly as that."

Really? Suppose you are the mod's bro, and everyone is claiming to be mod's bro. You will be pretty much doomed after everyone has claimed, so you need a way to stop it. It looks like a great way to use the power imo, and suggesting it's a silly way to use is just a way to try and take pressure of the mod's bro.

Thirdly, FoS's are weak. Give me your vote and don't hide behind a simple FoS, letting someone else lead the bandwagon.

Vote: GopherOfPern

Finally, everyone should put a vote down (without hammering preferably) as soon as possible, just to make sure we don't have a double voter like last game.


First, You did the rank thing. You proposed it. Just because you later retracted it does not make it any less scummy.

Second, I consider Mod's Bro to be very unlikely. I'm not Mod's Bro, and I was never going to 'pretend claim' to be Mod's Bro either. Mod's bro could do anything, why would they just adapt some flavour?

Third, it was early in the day, and there was only the one thing really pinging me, hence the FOS. Just because you don't like them does not make them scummy.

Fourth: Vote: Lorenz

For this awful defence, for the fact you haven't tried looking for any scum, and a bit of an OMGUS.

Still looking at Ibarra and Misnomer, for a lack of content.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby DaBigCheez » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

Lorenz: Would be placing my vote on you right now, if not for the fact it'd bring us to L-1 and I *really* want to hear Ibarra and Misnomer weigh in more strongly. If people feel really strongly about having everyone place a vote to verify no doublevoters or something (assuming that's even possible, depending on whether Lataro reports votals in such a countable format), I can place a vote on somebody who doesn't currently have one, but Lorenz is the only one really pinging me right now - and I'm leery to vote someone who's not pinging me, for protection of them, protection of me, and not wanting to have it come back to be read as reflective of a "true" voting history.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 am UTC

I'm not really concerned about testing for double voters, as it's still possible that a double voter would be town, so revealing that info is no different from asking any other powers to claim arbitrarily, I'm not seeing the benefit to town of that claim.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:53 am UTC

Well, a double voter was the only reason I had a shot at winning last game (as scum). A double voting town doesn't really lose anything by everyone knowing they are a double voter, but if they are scum then town is in a risky position by not knowing it exists. It's not something terrible either way, as they will be exposed eventually. Still, everyone having a vote down is still the best way to have discussion for the next day. Even if not an actual vote, but a statement such as DBC's.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lataro » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 am UTC

Lorenz - 2 - (BF, GoP)
GoP - 1 - (Lorenz)

Deadline in ~61 hours or so.

Lorenz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:53 am UTC
BoomFrog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:36 pm UTC
DaBigCheez » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 pm UTC
Gopher of Pern » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:58 am UTC
Ibarra » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am UTC
Misnomer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am UTC


Ibarra has ~21.5 hours to make a solid content post before being modkilled.
Misnomer has less than 5 hours to make a solid content post before being modkilled.


The rules of activity were clearly spelled out in the sign up thread, neither player informed me of an inability to post prior to this hiatus. Mercy is granted to extend Misnomer's deadline until the fickle time that I come home from work later tonight (less than 12 hours most likely, as few as 10 possible).

DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Ibarra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:02 pm UTC

DaBigCheez wrote:Ibarra, re-read BF's earlier post; he did initially propose the idea, he's critical of Lorenz for pushing it *after* it became clear the mod was not pleased ("Lataro made his warning pretty clear").

My bad for skimming. BoomFrog is back to neutral, and he does make a point - Lorenz is kind of scummy for wanting players to be on the bad side of the mod, but nothing really major IMO.

Regarding doublevotes: I do suppose that there's no harm in checking for them supposing that they do agree to it.
We just have to post a vote on someone.

Also, no one seems particularly scummy at the moment.
I disagree with the reasons pointing Lorenz being scum for proposing rank claiming, but his pushing for a claim is a little bit suspicious.

Vote: Lorenz
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Ibarra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:03 pm UTC

Unvote: Lorenz

If I were a doublevoter, he would have been hammered.
You can wait for the mod's confirmation to check that.
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
User avatar
Ibarra
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm UTC
Location: The Philippines

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lataro » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 pm UTC

Misnomer has been modkilled for inactivity. Their role will be revealed in the morning.

votals the same.

Five alive, Three to lynch.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."
User avatar
Lataro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 pm UTC

Well, modkills suck.

I've seen nothing to change my mind about Lorenz.

Ibarra, you seem to be confused. First you say Lorenz is kinda scummy. Then you say no-one is particularly scummy. Then you say Lorenz is suspicious. All in the same post.

FOS: Ibarra
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm UTC

Ibarra did say that I was kind of scummy but nothing major. That nobody is particularly scummy (it doesn't contradict me being not majorly scummy) and that he doesn't agree so much with the reasons used against me,but that for another reason I am suspicious.

I don't see how that is contradicting, and you seem to be wanting to pick on people for insignificant reasons. My vote stands and with more confidence.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 am UTC

Its the sorta thing that you do when you're scum, as when you flip, they have an answer for whether you are scum or not. Especially in this game, where there is a high chance of anti-town independants, scum does not have good knowledge about who is on who's side, so putting forth 'well, i think they're scummy, but i'm not gonna vote for them' means that after you flip, they can say that they thought you were scummy all along, or that they didn't think you were that scummy. It's classic scum play.

Unvote

Vote: Ibarra

I actually have a stronger feeling that Ibarra is scum. Lorenz is still high on my scumdar, but with the amount of times that I've been wrong about them, I'll vote for Ibarra first.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 am UTC

Ibarra pretty clearly said that he found Lorenz slightly scummy but nothing major. His vote doesn't count as that was simply to prove he's not a double voter. Your reasoning here is totally flippant. I have a feeling that your looking for an excuse to lynch Ibarra, feels like a lyncher to me. If I'm right that means Ibarra is town since a lyncher would likely be targeting town.

Unvote
Vote GoP


On a side note, after a lot of thought I can't think of any scenarios where town would have a double voter in such a small game. So I would like for DaBigCheese to prove he is not a double voter. So no one hammer until that's proven please. (Although if you agree that GoP is scummy and would vote him please say so).
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
User avatar
BoomFrog
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:07 am UTC

I know his vote didn't count, as they clearly explained that. It was the fact that they didn't vote the reason I voted for them. They were being deliberately vague, instead of having a firm opinion. The way it was phrased felt to me like it was scum, trying to hedge their bets.

I will be happy lynching either Lorenz or Ibarra, but at this stage I felt Ibarra was the more likely to be scum, hence the vote switch. I am not a lyncher, and I am not scum.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
User avatar
Gopher of Pern
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby Lorenz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:12 am UTC

Are you an independent then? This is mostly wine (as everyone pretty much claims town without saying so), but I don't think a town would even think of phrasing it like that. Independents are not in towns best interest.
User avatar
Lorenz
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:57 am UTC

Re: Lataro's PYP BASTARD RPG D1: Old School

Postby DaBigCheez » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:19 am UTC

My opinion on Lorenz has not changed. My opinion of GoP, however, has; I'm not happy with his reasoning and his listed interpretation/reading of Ibarra's post. It's not enough to put him past Lorenz, but it is enough to make me wary. I do like BoomFrog's play so far, he seems to be using good logic and making good contributions. Ibarra continues to need to contribute more, but I'm not going to go for a lurker-lynch when there's someone actively pinging me.

My current scumdar readings:

---SCUM---
Lorenz
Gopher of Pern
Ibarra
BoomFrog
---TOWN---

And now for some actual useful contribution:

VOTE: Lorenz

This both puts my vote where I wants it to be and should satisfy BoomFrog's craving for knowledge about my doublevoter status (or rather, lack thereof).

I will be out of town for the next ~36 hours; Lataro has been informed of this. I am happy with my vote where it is. I should be back before day-end if there's been no hammer by that point.
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.
User avatar
DaBigCheez
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Next

Return to Mafia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests