[Micro] Lucid Dreamers 2 (Dreamer Win) - The End.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [Micro] Lucid Dreamers 2 (DAY 2) - Diurnal Takeover

Postby Gopher of Pern » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 pm UTC

Yes you were more suspicious, which is deliberately why I didn't target you. You would have likely put up some kind of defence against actions taken against you. Paranoid gun owner or something. It is also an unlikely action, which means more town actions.

So, presuming I am scum, how would your power have worked? I am not dead, so obviously I didn't use a kill. You seem to have a flaw in your logic there.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby Lorenz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm UTC

Either you didn't take a kill, webby also took a kill and the cancel took priority to my action or Ibarra thought my power was overpowered and didn't want to allow it. Many possibilities.
Lorenz

Postby webby » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:20 am UTC

So it's up to me then? I tried to poison Silknor, which I think means either of you could be telling the truth. The one thing I can think of is the roleblock. I think it relatively unlikely that scum would (factional) kill and roleblock the same person, given that redirects etc. don't work on factional abilities. I guess it is vaguely plausible that I was roleblocked, and that the reason for the lack of the second kill was something Silknor did. But more likely is that whichever is scum of GoP and Lorenz roleblocked the other. That would make me lean towards Lorenz as town and GoP as scum, but I'll need to read the thread more carefully. I admit that there are other possibilities for what happened, but in the absence of any other evidence, I would go with my theory above. (Unless anyone can point out flaws?)

Also - Are roleblocked players told that they've been roleblocked, or just that their action didn't work?
webby

Postby Lorenz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:50 pm UTC

Well, if either one of us was roleblocked and was town, and we had been told about it, we would have already claimed. That's the only thing. Also, (In case that's what you're going at with the mod question) I wasn't told that my action didn't work, I was simply not told anything.
Lorenz

Postby Ibarra » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 pm UTC

players are not informed if they got roleblocked or not
(posting from phone so excuse my improper capitalization)
Red text is for solid facts.
Blue text is for accusations.
Ibarra

Postby webby » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:34 am UTC

Hmm, this is really pretty much a coinflip decision. GoP was very active and decisive day 1, which is usually a town tell from him (although he didn't really propose any new ideas that could actually work). Lorenz seems different to usual (but actually more townie). The question is whether that outweighs my theory about what happened last night, particularly in regards to the roleblock.

Unfortunately, I can't make any progress without asking Silknor what he did. :P He wasn't active enough for me to work that out from his posts. I think I have a theory that is almost as likely as the other one about what happened last night:

Lorenz scum, kills Silknor, tries to kill me or GoP, roleblocks me.
GoP cops me.
Silknor tries to poison someone.
I try to poison someone.

The question is whether a townie GoP would choose to cop and whether there were other falseclaims he could have chosen if he was scum. I think it's a reasonable enough move as town to cop someone - it wasn't something anyone else seemed likely to do, so he avoids accidentally roleblocking another townie. Even if he knew it would just lead to this situation, at least he improves town's chance to 1/2 instead of 1/3. As scum, it's an interesting move because it confirms a townie, but Lorenz felt GoP was suspicious anyway, so it was probably going to come down to GoP vs Lorenz if it was us three left anyway. There were other falseclaims (such as a protect or an attempted kill/poison) that he could have chosen as scum

Lorenz actually seemed reasonably townie day 1 - he could easily have left the votes as they were, which would have been the more normal scum move, rather than coming in and offering to vote at the last minute. But then again GoP did similar with his vote for Lorenz, which was unnecessarily drawing attention to himself.

So yeah, the above doesn't give me anything - almost a coinflip. :P In the end the only thing I can see that makes a difference is that there's one extra possibility for scum GoP than for scum Lorenz - GoP could have roleblocked Lorenz. Given that Lorenz had expressed suspicion of GoP, I think that's plausible. Circumstantial evidence, yes, but it's all I really have:

Vote: Gopher of Pern
webby

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:44 am UTC

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Almost had it.

Though you do have last nights actions completely wrong.
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby webby » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:48 am UTC

Gopher of Pern wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Almost had it.

Though you do have last nights actions completely wrong.

Haha what were they?

My theory was that you roleblocked Lorenz, tried to kill me, killed Silknor and that Silknor and I took kill-related actions.
webby

Postby webby » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:48 am UTC

Or actually in that scenario it doesn't matter what Silknor did.
webby

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:56 am UTC

I'vno idea what Silknor did, but I submitted my kill action on Lorenz, and RB'd you.

Can you guess what other action I did?
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby Lorenz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:05 am UTC

Yes! Good job webby.

You are however, forgetting that poison is the same category as any kill.

Looks like GoP mafia-killed Silknor, and used his regular action as a kill on me (that btw, I awesomely countered), but it was ineffective as it was cancelled with your poison.

Also, Ibarra: Was my action a valid action? :P
Lorenz

Postby Gopher of Pern » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 am UTC

Yes your action worked. It kept you in the game at least.

Spoiler'd for my action:
Spoiler:
My action was to redirect any action used against me to Silknor. You copied that, so that any action used against you was redirected towards me. Hence my kill bouncing from you, to me, and then to Silknor.

My plan was that hopefully someone would submit a kill action, so their would be 2 deaths, but with myself protected from them, that would be an instant win. When you posted Lorenz, about waiting for me, I knew you must have used something like paranoid gun owner, for a kill to be redirected towards Silknor. I didn't actually guess that you copied me. At that stage, I thought the best course of action would be to give webby the 50/50 between us. I probably didn't play it the best today, but it was all I could think of that would be plausible.

Now I'm wondering what Silknor's action was, if it actually affected anything.

*edited to put spoiler in*
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy
Gopher of Pern

Postby Lorenz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:22 am UTC

Well, that turned out to be an awesome night then! Yes, maybe you could have been less aggressive and posted that you didn't feel comfortable with you claiming first, because of the implications of YOUR action. Being aggressive really pays of sometimes, and bites you in the back sometimes. Still, it was a tough call for webby, and you could have easily taken it.
Lorenz

Postby webby » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:21 am UTC

Ah that's interesting, but I don't think any townies would have put an actual kill in. Mine was just a poisoning. Even if Lorenz had done something differently, it still would have only been Silknor who got killed. I do wonder what Silknor did or tried to do though.
webby

Re: [Micro] Lucid Dreamers 2 (NIGHT 1) - R-E-M

Postby Ibarra » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:12 am UTC

Final Vote Count of the Day:
Gopher of Pern (2)
- Lorenz, webby
Lorenz (1) - Gopher of Pern

Gopher of Pern has been lynched.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GoP had accused Lorenz of being scum.
Lorenz knowing that he wasn't scum, said the opposite.
A great battle ensued between the two.

Only webby was calm enough to think it through and pick up the Bolt of Truth.
He aimed it carefully and shot at the two who were fighting. It hit GoP.

Gopher of Pern - Nightmare - Lynched - Day 2

DREAMERS WIN!
Last edited by Ibarra on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Ibarra

Re: [Micro] Lucid Dreamers 2 (Dreamer Win) - The End.

Postby Ibarra » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 am UTC

Actions:
Spoiler:
webby
- Poison Silknor (Kill) -> Silknor will die N2 if not given antidote.

Silknor
- Reflective Cop (Investigation) -> No one targeted Silknor specifically = No Result

Lorenz
- Copy GoP's action and use on GoP (Copy) -> Reflect ability targeting self to GoP -> NK targeting Lorenz will hit GoP

GoP
- NK Lorenz (Factional)
- Absolute Roleblock webby (Factional) -> webby's poisoning is invalid
- Reflect ability targeting self to Silknor (Redirection) -> NK that was redirected by Lorenz targets Silknor
Ibarra

Re: [Micro] Lucid Dreamers 2 (Dreamer Win) - The End.

Postby Lorenz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 am UTC

That was great! Thank you Ibarra.
Lorenz

Previous

Return to Mafia